Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!

Go down 
+13
Physalisfresser
Bbrink1996
scoobysaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Mr. Robustus
Fredriksam
TyrannosaurTJ
Amadieus
Six-Foot Turkey
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Spinosaur4.4
Tyrant Lizard
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 11:29 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
After 3 views, I’d say the new stuff was really good, including the remixes old themes. What I wasn’t a fan of was where previous JW music was used, like Mills death flat out reusing the queues for Claire opening Paddock 9 in the previous film. It didn’t quite fit there.
It's the same cue, but there's  an added Organ

I honestly can't wait for a Complete Recordings release. We had to wait maybe a year or so for the Jurassic World one... I'd love to listen to especially the Submarine music, the Claire and Mills talk in Mills' office at the beginning and the part when the dinosaurs break free over Mills' car.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 7:29 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
After 3 views, I’d say the new stuff was really good, including the remixes old themes. What I wasn’t a fan of was where previous JW music was used, like Mills death flat out reusing the queues for Claire opening Paddock 9 in the previous film. It didn’t quite fit there.
It's the same cue, but there's  an added Organ

I honestly can't wait for a Complete Recordings release. We had to wait maybe a year or so for the Jurassic World one... I'd love to listen to especially the Submarine music, the Claire and Mills talk in Mills' office at the beginning and the part when the dinosaurs break free over Mills' car.

Same! I really like the swell of music right before the Mosasaurs Silhouette flashes above the submarine.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 pm

There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There were all sorts of really cool nuggets from the complete recordings of JW, so it should be really cool identifying some of the musical cues that weren't present in the main soundtrack of FK.

These are actually the names of the missing tracks (although I think there might be other ones yet that haven't leaked):

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
CHRIS PRATT IMPROV {not by Giacchino; Composer & Author listed as PRATT, CHRISTOPHER M}
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
DON'T OVERSOLL THE MERCHANDISE
THE REXING CREW
A SIGHT FOR TYRANNOSAUR EYES
THE T-REX TUSSLE
THE GREAT MYTHTAKE {additional Composer listed: WILLIAMS, JOHN T}
EAT YOUR WHEATLEYS AKA A FAREWELL TO ARM
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 1
FRIGHT IN THE MUSEUM PT. 2
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
DARK, THE HERALD FRANKLIN REBOOTS
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS
FALLEN KINGDOM SUITE {Alternate title: END TITLE THEME}

Taken from JWfans (John Williams Fans) forum, which is always reliable for this kind of things.

Of course we only have the titles, not the actual music. Hopefully we'll get them soon.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

These are actually the names of the missing tracks (although I think there might be other ones yet that haven't leaked):

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
CHRIS PRATT IMPROV {not by Giacchino; Composer & Author listed as PRATT, CHRISTOPHER M}
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
THE REXING CREW
THE T-REX TUSSLE
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS

Taken from JWfans (John Williams Fans) forum, which is always reliable for this kind of things.

Of course we only have the titles, not the actual music. Hopefully we'll get them soon.

Sweet. Who is it that usually releases this stuff?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 5:48 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

SUBMARINE HOMESICK BLUES
MALCOLM BEFORE THE STORM
THE WILD BLUE YONDER
GO BUNKER YOURSELF
THE REXING CREW
THE T-REX TUSSLE
GAS YOU LIKE IT
CALL OF THE RILED
INDORAPTOR IN DA HOUSE
STAMPEDE HIS PANTS
ENJOY YOUR MILLS

Sweet. Who is it that usually releases this stuff?

I actually don't know, I just see them leaked on that forum, I don't know how they actually get released, sorry.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm

I love the score in this film. IMO, it's better than the scores in TLW and JP3. Maybe even JW. Point is, I love the music. The subtle uses of the familiar tunes from JP are utilized perfectly here and really adds to the moment they're playing over. GG Giacchino, GG.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 am

So, I've just seen that Jeremiah Pena's soundtrack for Jurassic World Evolution has been released. I love it! I'm planning on buying it soon. I haven't even played the game, but the soundtrack brings back a really nostalgic feel whilst sounding new and using brand new themes.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
So, I've just seen that Jeremiah Pena's soundtrack for Jurassic World Evolution has been released. I love it! I'm planning on buying it soon. I haven't even played the game, but the soundtrack brings back a really nostalgic feel whilst sounding new and using brand new themes.

What do you guys think?

Listening right now to it, sounds really lovely! I just posted a thread about it on the JWEvolution section Smile

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:30 pm

I just listened to Fallen Kingdom again during a journey home. I genuinely think this score has been snubbed by many people. Comparing it to all the oscar nominations, Fallen Kingdom is leagues ahead. The mix of the score is incredible. Seriously, Blade Runner got a nomination? Unbelievable. And I know people like to rave about Solo: A Star Wars Story by John Powell, but it's nowhere near as fun to listen to as Fallen Kingdom. Every track in Fallen Kingdom had it's own identity almost. I can immediately recognize a specific track, whereas Solo sort of just all blends together. (I do like Solo btw) I just find John Powell's music a little overhyped.

I mean, have you heard anybody talk about this score since the movie release? I feel like the movies bad rep harmed the scores rep.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I mean, have you heard anybody talk about this score since the movie release? I feel like the movies bad rep harmed the scores rep.

I think that happens with a lot of films. You look at the scores that are remembered fondly over time, and pretty much every film that said score is attached to is a classic. That isn't to say that a memorable film can't or shouldn't enhance a score, but considering that the score is an entirely separate entity to the film, it's way too much of a coincidence. Fact is that there are countless phenomenal scores out there that never got the credit they deserved because they happened to be attached to films that didn't stand the test of time.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 am

I think we'll never know the choir lyrics during the Fallen Kingdom main/Indorapor theme Laughing

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/1074141202981797889

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Just listening to the score again right. Even though my opinion of the film isn't overly high, the score is phenomenal.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Giacchino's score received a nomination at the IFMCA awards (the most important soundtrack awards) for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy score:

http://filmmusiccritics.org/2019/02/ifmca-award-nominations-2018/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!   Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Michael Giacchino's Fallen Kingdom score!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3