Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Anna Kendrick as a female Robin has gathered some steam.

I'm sure this is just for fun if anything, but at this point, I'd like to see her in a superhero movie just to see if she can pull if off. She is talented enough.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 am

The new Wonder Woman trailers and poster have been released as has the new villain, a female villain named Doctor Poison.

Also, Ciaran Hinds will play Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 6:22 pm

So DC is really trying to push Frank Miller stuff for batman....hmmm I don't get it.

Why not.....someone more important to Wonder Woman's cosmos? I am not saying Ares needs to be now but I am not seeing wonder woman getting a solo trilogy unless this first one rocks socks. Also Doctor Poison? Why not Misses Malevolent? Or Android Antagonist? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:18 am

furthermore, why not make it a non-Wonder Woman villain who fits better into the period. say, Vandal Savage? he at least has name recognition.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:16 pm

This is a very interesting article about why 'The Sandman' might not be able make it on the big screen.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 pm

New Green Hornet Movie in Development from Gavin O’Connor
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/786257-new-green-hornet-movie-in-development-from-gavin-oconnor#pHiBFVvjVOKFqKzT.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Jared Leto is out and The Joker is going to be recast.

Back to top Go down
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
HennexForest

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 2:01 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Jared Leto is out and The Joker is going to be recast.

This "news" seems fake to me. The article is over a week old, yet no one else has reported on it. Add to the fact the writer posted no sources does nothing but indicate this is nothing more than the usual click-bait article.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 5:22 am

I'm not in the camp that wants Jared Leto booted out and the Joker recast, I'd much rather he was given better material to work with, some actual scenes to shine onscreen, and reined in on set to stop acting like such a giant nutjob. There is potential for a great Joker there and its not being taken advantage of.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Joker shouldn't have reappeared in any physical form until 2020 at least. He would draw too many comparisons to Heath Ledger and fall flat and then there are the people that love Mark Hamill's version. It was a doomed prospect basically no matter who they cast with what they were doing with him. Plus Batman has probably the deepest rogues gallery in all of comics and easily in DC. Use someone else....like maybe Penguin? Killer Croc? Zasz? Deathstroke? Firefly? Azrael? Anyone but Joker....again....for now.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm

i agree. both Joker and Luthor are kinda oversaturated in DC Comics media in general--i mean, literally every single Superman movie with the exception of Man of Steel has had Luthor in some capacity even if he shared the limelight with Zod, Nuclear Man, and Doomsday on separate occasions, whereas Batman has had alot more variety and Joker still showed up more than the rest on top of being (one of) the most-recurring Batman villain in TAS. while they're clearly building up to Darkseid in the DCEU, they really need to NOT just use Luthor again. give Brainiac a shot or something/

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Scott B wrote:
Joker shouldn't have reappeared in any physical form until 2020 at least. He would draw too many comparisons to Heath Ledger and fall flat and then there are the people that love Mark Hamill's version.

Don't forget Jack Nicholson's version in the 1989 movie. He really brought Joker to life and was a huge influence on Mark Hamill's animated version and the entire cartoon version in total.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:
Joker shouldn't have reappeared in any physical form until 2020 at least. He would draw too many comparisons to Heath Ledger and fall flat and then there are the people that love Mark Hamill's version.

Don't forget Jack Nicholson's version in the 1989 movie. He really brought Joker to life and was a huge influence on Mark Hamill's animated version and the entire cartoon version in total.
yup. they even used the civilian identity of Nicholson's Joker (Jack Napier) for Hamill's in TAS

interestingly, i've actually uncovered the implied true identity of the original Joker from the comics: it's a guy named Alfred Stryker from the very first Batman story, "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate", who Batman sends into a vat of chemicals with lethal force (this was in the awkward early period of about a year or two before he actually had his no-killing rule in the narrative) and then several issues later Joker appears. iirc later reboots imply this even further, with the New 52 starting off the new Batman canon with a remake of Chemical Syndicate that explicitly shows Stryker climbing out of the vat as the Joker.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Embryo
Embryo
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:

yup. they even used the civilian identity of Nicholson's Joker (Jack Napier) for Hamill's in TAS

interestingly, i've actually uncovered the implied true identity of the original Joker from the comics: it's a guy named Alfred Stryker from the very first Batman story, "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate", who Batman sends into a vat of chemicals with lethal force (this was in the awkward early period of about a year or two before he actually had his no-killing rule in the narrative) and then several issues later Joker appears. iirc later reboots imply this even further, with the New 52 starting off the new Batman canon with a remake of Chemical Syndicate that explicitly shows Stryker climbing out of the vat as the Joker.

That's a really good analysis and keeping a close eye on the lore as well, personally i believe like the mobius chair said that there has been multiple people to wear the mantel as joker. even though i think the joker in the golden age, bronze age, and the modern day are 3 different people as implied by the mobius chair but that they are 3 people that batman has failed to stop an or save. But that's just a story for later but i do agree the joker is far to played out and in such a way that people can't really put a spin on the character without being judged and compared to others that brought the character to life on the big screen

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 am

yeah, Joker is almost certainly a legacy character. i like to think that he really HAS died on occasion (been meaning to figure out exactly which ones for the same project that i uncovered Stryker for) but later the mantle is taken on by someone else--probably never an actual successor like how Batman essentially trains the various Robins to eventually take up his mantle or else replace him when he inevitably passes away, i doubt Joker is the kind of guy to do something like that unless it was just to break someone's mind (like what he did to Tim Drake in Return of the Joker)--possibly because of the very nature of Gotham City itself. i've heard at least one theory that Gotham is basically a genius loci or something to that effect and that's why it's so incredibly, unbelievably corrupt and attracts so many supervillains. just like how Gotham "needs" Batman, it "needs" the Joker, too.

if there really have been multiple Jokers, then i imagine Batman kinda knew this or at least suspected it before he ever sat down in the Mobius Chair--even if three or more successive Jokers were virtually identical, had the same mannerisms and speech patterns, and treated themselves as one continuing psychopath rather than a string of madmen, he'd probably be able to notice subtle differences between them and think something like, "Okay, Joker apparently died last year but now he's back...wait, this one has a slightly different shape to his nose...maybe plastic surgery? Or could it be someone else saying they're Joker?" knowing Batman, he probably at least considered the possibility.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 11:53 am

LEGO Batman Movie: Billy Dee Williams Finally Gets to be Two-Face

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Complaints Lead To WONDER WOMAN Losing UN Ambassador Title

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 3:17 pm

A Deadshot spinoff is in the works at WB.

Cameron Mohaghan AKA: Jerome, will probably go full Joker in Gotham.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Megan Fox might play Poison Ivy in Gotham City series.

Time Warner CEO admits DCCU movies aren't good, but more will be made because they make a lot of money.

For Megan Fox, I always thought she was a better actress then what people thought, and still think, but I believe that she got a bit too caught up in herself. I remember reading that real reason why she was fired from the Transformers series was because she treated a lot of the others poorly and that the Hitler comment was just a convenient excuse. Hopefully, she can prove her critics wrong about her not being all that good.

As for the Time Warner CEO, typical corporate politics...
Back to top Go down
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Embryo
Embryo
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Megan Fox might play Poison Ivy in Gotham City series.

Time Warner CEO admits DCCU movies aren't good, but more will be made because they make a lot of money.

For Megan Fox, I always thought she was a better actress then what people thought, and still think, but I believe that she got a bit too caught up in herself. I remember reading that real reason why she was fired from the Transformers series was because she treated a lot of the others poorly and that the Hitler comment was just a convenient excuse. Hopefully, she can prove her critics wrong about her not being all that good.

As for the Time Warner CEO, typical corporate politics...
I just hope it's a good series there has been a lack of grasping dc series and movies lately in all honesty they're stuff has been a hit or miss

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 5:10 pm

I really hope this rumour proves to be just as empty. Even from a business perspective it makes no sense to cast Megan Fox because she was booted out of Transformers (thanks to Mr Spielberg's advice to Michael Bay) and her new Ninja Turtles franchise has floundered at the box office and she wasn't the reason the first film was a modest box office success to begin with.

In terms of preferred Poison Ivy casting choices I would be more encouraged by casting either Eva Green, Rachel Weizs, Jessica Chastain or our very own Bryce as Ivy! They should have an actress who is closer to Ben Affleck's age. And hopefully he has some kind of say in it since Gotham and all it's characters from the Bat to his rogues gallery is his domain now.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Batman and Superman aren't done fighting. This time, it will be in Justice League via who's going to be the leader.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Batman and Superman aren't done fighting. This time, it will be in Justice League via who's going to be the leader.

TBH...Batman's a better tactician, but I could see Superman claiming he should be leading because he's the most powerful.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 3:33 pm

They'll probably just make themselves co-leaders like how Steve and Tony are/were with The Avengers.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:00 pm

This just in, our man J.A. Bayona has voiced his interest on ScreenRant on directing a Superman movie, as a potential project to move onto after Jurassic World II. In particular, he cites Superman: The Movie as his primary source of inspiration, as he saw it as a 3 year old boy. With that said, lets not take this as a formal announcement, but as a fan of Bayona I would be very open to seeing how much oldschool Superman he can infuse into the DCEU Superman.

Bayona on Superman, ScreenRant

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 am

Michael Keaton says that Joel Schumacher made him quit being Batman.

Ares, the Greek War God is going to be a major villain in the new Wonder Woman movie.

An image of the Justice League (without Superman) is revealed.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:43 pm

well it's good to hear that they're actually using a real Wonder Woman villain rather than the completely random "Professor Poison" or whoever it was

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
well it's good to hear that they're actually using a real Wonder Woman villain rather than the completely random "Professor Poison" or whoever it was

I don't know much but it's possible that Doctor Poison could still be the main villain with Ares being the overseer/puppetmaster until the final Wonder Woman movie.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm

well that still makes Ares the key antagonist with Doctor Poison as just the puppet

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Green Lantern is going get a reboot with David S. Goyer and Justin Rhodes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next