Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 3:24 pm

James Gunn Confirms He Will Write and Direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/838803-james-gunn-confirms-he-will-write-and-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3#hPPVQVv8Ma1twIua.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
James Gunn Confirms He Will Write and Direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/838803-james-gunn-confirms-he-will-write-and-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3#hPPVQVv8Ma1twIua.99

It's going to be really interesting what will happen in that movie and what the setup will be. Not only that, but once Thanos goes down, it's going to interesting who they face. One of his former commanders trying to 'bring back the good old days' or somebody else.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 pm

The Captain Marvel movie has found a pair of directors: Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.

I still think that Marvel has made a mistake by casting somebody younger. I think that they should have casted somebody older, which fits Carol Danvers. Not only that, but as well as making her a pilot, they should have made her a single mother (husband died in a freak car wreck) who once she gets her powers tries to balance her being a superhero while being a role model for her son. At least, that's how I would have done it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Marvel Comics reveal that Captain America was always evil.

I still say fire all of the writers, and reboot everything like DC did via New 52. Burn everything down and start all over again.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I still say fire all of the writers, and reboot everything like DC did via New 52. Burn everything down and start all over again.

Ditto on that, I don't think even DCEU is that incompetent! Again, kudos to the MCU for getting their characters right for the most part on the big screen, but this kind of absurdity shouldn't even be printed for Pete's sake!

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Ditto on that, I don't think even DCEU is that incompetent! Again, kudos to the MCU for getting their characters right for the most part on the big screen, but this kind of absurdity shouldn't even be printed for Pete's sake!

Say what you want about DC via their movieverse, but at least the writers of their comic book branch isn't crazy-leftist like the ones that Marvel has. Case in point, not long ago, there was a gun debate about Green Lantern carring a pistol for backup. Lantern was for it while Batman was against it, for obvious reasons. Yes, the DC writers may be semi-liberal, but at least they present both sides and are fair, or at least try really hard about being so.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Burn it! Burn it! Burn it allllll!!!!!
The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 636170205069458001-1202385923_spongebob-brain-fire

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

It looks like Marvel Comics hasn't learned it's lesson.

What we thought was supposed to be the big reversion to the good old days before all this SJW crap is just a one-shot and apparently Marvel is going to continue with the status quo.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Lets calm down with the SJW talk when it comes to films, please. 

Miley Cyrus Has a Secret Role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/840563-miley-cyrus-has-a-secret-role-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2#qk1TM1CKc2JQCiX0.99

Miley has returned to Disney! In the form of MARVEL that is...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:08 pm

As of now, Logan has made $604,762,574.

The director says that a black-and-white noir version will come out on home entertainment and will get a one time only movie release on May 16th.

Nice. Cool

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:51 pm

This You Tube video says that unless all other Sony movies, including the Venom movie, bombs/flops, then Spider-Man will go back to Sony outright.

In other words, to save Spidy, boycott all other Sony Picture movies.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 7:11 am

How did they even manage that deal with Marvel? This is a massive disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 8:01 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
How did they even manage that deal with Marvel? This is a massive disappointment.

I remember how back on JPL how Scott said that Marvel/Disney are bad ta negotiations. My guess is that they didn't know how bad of a shape that Sony Pictures was until recently.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Here's what the first look at Marvel's The Inhumans will be. Warning. The costumes look TERRIBLE!!! Mad Mad Mad

Crappy costumes here:

This whole thing looks like an X-Men knockoff, which is mainly due to how Ike Perlmutter, the head of Marvel Comics and TV shows after the Marvel split, wanted his own version of the X-Men, since he knew he couldn't get them back from Fox.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:51 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's what the first look at Marvel's The Inhumans will be. Warning. The costumes look TERRIBLE!!! Mad Mad Mad

Crappy costumes here:

This whole thing looks like an X-Men knockoff, which is mainly due to how Ike Perlmutter, the head of Marvel Comics and TV shows after the Marvel split, wanted his own version of the X-Men, since he knew he couldn't get them back from Fox.

For some reason, the impression I got from this pretty lousy image was along the lines of:

"The Desaturated Technicolor Addams Family.... on a bad budget cut"

Could this be another TV misfire for Marvel? It would certainly be another sign of reversing fortunes.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:12 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Crappy costumes here:

For some reason, the impression I got from this pretty lousy image was along the lines of:

"The Desaturated Technicolor Addams Family.... on a bad budget cut"

Could this be another TV misfire for Marvel? It would certainly be another sign of reversing fortunes.

It's odd isn't it? Marvel has problems translating their movie success into TV and comic book success and DC has problems translating their TV and comic book success into movie success ever since the Nolan Batman trilogy. (Even earlier if you count the 2011 Green Lantern movie.)

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 7:17 pm

James Gunn Hints at Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Release Date
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/845315-james-gunn-hints-at-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-release-date#OrxcvqYK1XdXAKFa.99

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was really good. I would give it a 9/10.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 11:02 pm

i'd give it closer to a 7, an 8.5 at the highest (which admittedly does put it closer to 9/10 but w/e Razz ). i think the first one is better in general, but i think the second got alot more laughs out of me, and it gets extra points for its compelling villain, the special effects, and Yondu

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 6:33 pm

So far, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has made $431,548,346. That's a 54% box office opening increase from the first Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
So far, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has made $431,548,346. That's a 54% box office opening increase from the first Guardians Of The Galaxy.

It would certainly seem that Marvel's overseas-first release strategy has paid off; at almost half a billion already! I bet Universal are feeling all the more confident in this plan for JW2, even if it's likely to be less Chris Pratt centric than GotG Vol 2. Certainly the guy needed a boost after the lackluster reception to Passengers.

As a sidenote, I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, and definitely consider it superior to the original in many categories. But I will admit the 80s soundtrack of the original is still much better and more iconic it its own way.

My Letterboxd Review of GotG Vol 2

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It would certainly seem that Marvel's overseas-first release strategy has paid off; at almost half a billion already! I bet Universal are feeling all the more confident in this plan for JW2, even if it's likely to be less Chris Pratt centric than GotG Vol 2. Certainly the guy needed a boost after the lackluster reception to Passengers.

As a sidenote, I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, and definitely consider it superior to the original in many categories. But I will admit the 80s soundtrack of the original is still much better and more iconic it its own way.

My Letterboxd Review of GotG Vol 2

And this is just the first MCU movie to come out this year. We have Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor 3. Between those 3 and Star Wars 8, it's safe to say that unless Wonder Woman is excellent and Justice League is even better, Disney is going to bulldoze the competition for another year.

BTW, did you see the Midnight's Edge video about Spider-Man that I posted?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 6:22 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

And this is just the first MCU movie to come out this year. We have Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor 3. Between those 3 and Star Wars 8, it's safe to say that unless Wonder Woman is excellent and Justice League is even better, Disney is going to bulldoze the competition for another year.

BTW, did you see the Midnight's Edge video about Spider-Man that I posted?

Spider-Man Homecoming will dominate the latter half of the summer and Thor: Ragnarok has a strong likability factor right from the first trailer, one that could potentially give the Justice League a nasty roasting, even if it is decently received. It's not unusual for critically reviled films to do well at the box office (look at Transformers) but Justice League's success is largely tied to Wonder Woman. The wait is putting me on edge, since I don't exactly trust word of anyone who's seen the film and would rather see for myself. But my enjoyment of the DC films could be described as sharply decreasing from Man of Steel to Suicide Squad. Wonder Woman needs to buck the trend

But besides that, Logan remains my favourite superhero movie of the year, so far, so as far as I'm concerned Fox has a lot to be proud of with just one film.

Also, yes I did see Midnight's Edge Spider-Man video, and it certainly puts things into perspective as far as the Sony-Marvel deal is concerned. I admitted to being somewhat curious about Jumanji, indifferent to The Dark Tower and in sheer disgust at The Emoji Movie. So anything to tip the scales in Marvel's favour is on the agenda for me as well.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 4:28 pm

anyone else excited to see Hulk coming back for Thor: Ragnarok?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Donald Glover to Executive Produce Deadpool Animated Series!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/846571-donald-glover-to-executive-produce-deadpool-animated-series#OxmKz5f6uDvkJoYL.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Kevin Feige gives an update on the Fantastic 4 rights and...it's the status quo.

I still think that Fox will sell the rights to Marvel and get a lot of cash in return. Nobody can trust them with the rights anymore. Not with Fant4stic making the brand so highly toxic.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 5:53 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Kevin Feige gives an update on the Fantastic 4 rights and...it's the status quo.

I still think that Fox will sell the rights to Marvel and get a lot of cash in return. Nobody can trust them with the rights anymore. Not with Fant4stic making the brand so highly toxic.

I just have to wonder how Fox will plan to proceed with yet another Fantastic Four movie if anyone with even a passing awareness will be so universally against it, not just film geeks. I can sort of see where Feige is coming on dealing with the now toxic property, they're doing very well with their Avengers and Guardians teams, and don't need an old fashioned version of that. The First Family need Marvel Studios more than Marvel Studios need them. At this point, they're content to wait.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 8:23 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I just have to wonder how Fox will plan to proceed with yet another Fantastic Four movie if anyone with even a passing awareness will be so universally against it, not just film geeks. I can sort of see where Feige is coming on dealing with the now toxic property, they're doing very well with their Avengers and Guardians teams, and don't need an old fashioned version of that. The First Family need Marvel Studios more than Marvel Studios need them. At this point, they're content to wait.

And they can't get away what they did with the Corman version back in 1994-i.e. make a movie and not released it. Even Tom Rothman wouldn't do something like that. Not in this golden age of PR. As for Marvel, even when they get the rights back, (I still think the Fox will sell them back) that they won't be in MCU as the F4 for a long time. We would see some characters get introduced one at a time and have Dr. Doom be the main villain for an Avengers movie. But we'd have to wait for an F4 movie for a while. And the brand really does need that time to detox.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:46 pm

like i said before, i could see Doctor Doom--and only Doctor Doom--being introduced to the larger MCU as an antagonist since he's one of the more powerful and compelling Marvel villains in a general sense, with maybe a token mention of the Fantastic Four but not bringing them to focus. he could be retconned as the new secret leader of Hydra or something, the "true" successor to Red Skull, or possibly an enemy of Doctor Strange (because of his magical abilities) while also probably having a rivalry with Iron Man in the same way that Iron Monger did, retconning his powered armor as an imitation of Tony's.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
like i said before, i could see Doctor Doom--and only Doctor Doom--being introduced to the larger MCU as an antagonist since he's one of the more powerful and compelling Marvel villains in a general sense, with maybe a token mention of the Fantastic Four but not bringing them to focus. he could be retconned as the new secret leader of Hydra or something, the "true" successor to Red Skull, or possibly an enemy of Doctor Strange (because of his magical abilities) while also probably having a rivalry with Iron Man in the same way that Iron Monger did, retconning his powered armor as an imitation of Tony's.

That would be cool to see. That and him him take out of of the original members of the Avengers as a way to redeem himself for all the crappy movies he's been through.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next