Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2. destroys the competition without breaking a sweat.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 8:19 pm

It looks like Kevin Feige wants to reunite Marvel as a whole.

Unless they make a deal with Fox to borrow the X-Men, I honestly don't see them getting the rights back. Fox, for all of it's past faults, has treated the X-Men quite well. Yes, there was the Rothman era, but they've more then made up for that and repaired the damage done by ret-conning X3 and most of Wolverine: Origins out of existence via Days Of Future Past. So unless Fox goes in debt, which I don't see happening since they've always been a profitable company, even under the reign of Rothman, I don't fathom Marvel getting the full rights back.

Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 however, that's another story. Sony's not in a position to successfully pull their power and Fox has made the F4 into something that's so toxic, at least as long as they own them, that nobody can ever believe that they can make a good F4 movie. Even if they made a good one, few people are going to see it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Sony cast Tom Hardy as Venom.

They did this on purpose just so that it would be THAT much harder for people not to see the movie and let the deal with Disney/Marvel end.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

They did this on purpose just so that it would be THAT much harder for people not to see the movie and let the deal with Disney/Marvel end.

Crikey, Sony really is playing hardball in trying to keep Spider-Man and his characters in their fold. Putting a big name actor like Hardy in the role of Venom, whether anyone really wants that or not. But without Spider-Man, its like casting a great Two-Face but not having Batman to fight him.

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Crikey, Sony really is playing hardball in trying to keep Spider-Man and his characters in their fold. Putting a big name actor like Hardy in the role of Venom, whether anyone really wants that or not. But without Spider-Man, its like casting a great Two-Face but not having Batman to fight him.

To be fair, Sony has always tried to do Spider-Man justice. So in hindsight, we should have expected this. That being said, unless they do a Venom vs. Carnage route, which would be interesting to see, I don't know how this can work.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has already retaken the it's top spot from Alien: Covenant.

It's also made over $736 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm

And I helped, since I've already seen it three times already (planning a fourth time this coming Sunday, which will be my first 2D showing, and since I now have enough Scene points for a free movie, it won't cost me a thing). Let's see if it can outdo the latest Pirates movie...

I'm still not sure which one I like better (perhaps I should rewatch the original before seeing Vol. 2 again), but I enjoy both Awesome Mixes (it's amazing how many of the songs I'm familiar with, due to the fact that I've heard some of them on the radio, but didn't know the names of them, or who performed them). Very Happy

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Island Queen wrote:
And I helped, since I've already seen it three times already (planning a fourth time this coming Sunday, which will be my first 2D showing, and since I now have enough Scene points for a free movie, it won't cost me a thing). Let's see if it can outdo the latest Pirates movie...

I'm still not sure which one I like better (perhaps I should rewatch the original before seeing Vol. 2 again), but I enjoy both Awesome Mixes (it's amazing how many of the songs I'm familiar with, due to the fact that I've heard some of them on the radio, but didn't know the names of them, or who performed them). Very Happy

I haven't this new one yet, but I did get the CD soundtrack. The Guardians Of The Galaxy movies really do have great music. It's a lot like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City where you play to hear the music just as much as you play for the actual game.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm

The Black Cat and Silver Sable movie just found a new director, Gina Prince-Bythewood, and will start shooting this fall.

The title is 'Sliver and Black'.

You know, if it wasn't for Sony's handling of GB2016 and their overall poor performance, then I would find this an interesting idea, and might even see it.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:40 pm

still unsure why they want a 'spider man' universe without spiderman in it

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Well some of those Sony leaks (I think, someone said this one way or the other) that Sony was looking to take Spidey back after Infinity War, and while I think Marvel will find a way to crank a few more films out, I think they're looking to build a universe and the introduce Spidey to it. Problem I have with that is Spider-man is essential to Venom becoming what he is, and while not a major part of their origin, the Black Cat/ Silver Sable idea feels weird since they are usually intertwined with Spider-Man.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:51 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Well some of those Sony leaks (I think, someone said this one way or the other) that Sony was looking to take Spidey back after Infinity War, and while I think Marvel will find a way to crank a few more films out, I think they're looking to build a universe and the  introduce Spidey to it. Problem I have with that is Spider-man is essential to Venom becoming what he is, and while not a major part of their origin, the Black Cat/ Silver Sable idea feels weird since they are usually intertwined with Spider-Man.

They plan to pull out after the second MCU Spider-Man movie. They could be setting themselves up for a nightmare scenario. They pissed off a lot of people by announcing what they did a month ago and if Venom bombs and then this movie does poorly, (even if they wanted not to show it, they would still have too since it's practically begun now) then this could be a situation worse then GB 2016. And given how their finances are as bad as they are...yeah...

I can't help but wonder if this is their final gamble.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Here's what the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie plot might be.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Kirsten Dunst Really Wishes Sony Would Have Gone Ahead With SPIDER-MAN 4; Weighs In On The Reboots

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:13 am

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2. is now the 5th MCU movie to make over $800 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 pm

X-Men 7 might get Angelina Jolie. Possibly as Lilandra, the leader of the Shi'ar Empire.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Tom Holland Confirms Three Films In New Spider-Man Series
http://411mania.com/movies/tom-holland-confirms-three-films-in-new-spider-man-series/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Jessica Chastain is in talks to play an X-Men villain in X-Men 7.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:42 am

‘Venom’ Will Not Be Part of the Marvel Universe; Shooting This Fall

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:44 pm

VENOM Is A Part Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe According To SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Producer Amy Pascal
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venom-is-a-part-of-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-according-to-spider-man-homecoming-producer-amy-pascal-a151869

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Chris Hemsworth confirms that MCU actors aren't allowed to be in DCMU movies.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Amy Pacal says that Venom might take place in the MCU.

Kevin Feige had to be mad when he heard this news.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Oh he was. It was an interview where she was sitting right next to Feige and she said "Oh yeah it is in the MCU" and FEIG WAS LIKE affraid bc he was sitting next to her and couldnt shut it down bc she's the head of sony

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Oh he was. It was an interview where she was sitting right next to Feige and she said "Oh yeah it is in the MCU" and FEIG WAS LIKE affraid bc he was sitting next to her and couldnt shut it down bc she's the head of sony

Actually, Tom Rothman is the current head of Sony Pictures. Pascal was basically demoted to producer as a result of getting hacked by North Korea.

All this is making me think that Fox might be encouraged to ask for more money when they sell off the Fantastic 4 rights to Marvel/Disney. After all, Fox is in an infinity better shape then Sony Pictures right now and, even under Rothman's time, was always a profitable company. After all, they already traded one F4 character away, Ego the Living Planet for Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Was literally 2 posts ahead of this one lol

Dead2009 wrote:
VENOM Is A Part Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe According To SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Producer Amy Pascal
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venom-is-a-part-of-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-according-to-spider-man-homecoming-producer-amy-pascal-a151869

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Was literally 2 posts ahead of this one lol

Dead2009 wrote:

It was also a double post that I just noticed...Double fail on my part. Razz Razz LOL.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Fox is making ANOTHER Fantastic 4 movie, only this one will be for kids.

That's right folks. Fox is going to make a 5TH Fantastic 4 movie................

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠

Because Fox wasn't content with just killing the Fantastic 4 with Fant4stic. Oh no. They want to send them to the crematorium. They might as well bring Uwe Boll back from retirement-at least for a while-so that he can make this movie.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

That's right folks. Fox is going to make a 5TH Fantastic 4 movie................

Because Fox wasn't content with just killing the Fantastic 4 with Fant4stic. Oh no. They want to send them to the crematorium. They might as well bring Uwe Boll back from retirement-at least for a while-so that he can make this movie.  

This proposed movie sounds like an utter abomination of an abortion that is dead on arrival. My prediction is they will fail to make this movie and be forced to hopefully sell the rights once and for all to Marvel because by now this sh*t is ridiculous and is reaching stupid proportions.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

This proposed movie sounds like an utter abomination of an abortion that is dead on arrival. My prediction is they will fail to make this movie and be forced to hopefully sell the rights once and for all to Marvel because by now this sh*t is ridiculous and is reaching stupid proportions.

Disney/Marvel must really be pissed off about this. Even more so then what Amy Pascal said about the Sony Marvelverse, or at least Venom, being part of the MCU. At least that can be dismissed as Amy Pascal being her usual self and not to be taken seriously. This however, can't be dismissed so easily. Even IF kids wanted to see this, there parents would say on principle.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm

I hope this is all a huge front and at the end of infinity war we get a venom post credits scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next