Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Saw Spider-Man homecoming and all I can say? Quick impression? 

It had no business being as good as it was. I had no expectations whatsoever but this film was the first Marvel movie that has really made me satisfied since avengers in 2012. Just an immense sense of "I loved that". 

Tom holland feels like a real kid in this movie and that's what makes it work so well because everyone else in this movie feels real too. Yes there is a lot of humor but the stakes always feel real and there is a surprising amount of serious drama. The villain was also fantastic. He had an extremely intimidating scene where the entire theater was holding their breath. Felt like a thriller. You'll know when you see it. And of course he actually had a good motivation and wasn't just some evil dude for the sake of evil. Keaton finally got to play Birdman and he kicked ass lol. 

The reviews are right that this movie does feel like Spider-Man meets Ferris Bueller's day off, but that isn't a bad thing. It really sets the movie apart from every Spider-Man film I've ever seen and it truly works so well because Spider-Man is still just a young kid. 

The end credits scene(the last one there are two) was absolutely brilliant and unexpected IMO. 

9.5/10.  Again no spoilers but there are a couple of "holy sh*t" I didn't see that coming scenes that made my jaw drop. If you remained spoiler free like me I think you'll have the same response. 

See it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

It had no business being as good as it was. I had no expectations whatsoever but this film was the first Marvel movie that has really made me satisfied since avengers in 2012. Just an immense sense of "I loved that". 

Tom holland feels like a real kid in this movie and that's what makes it work so well because everyone else in this movie feels real too. Yes there is a lot of humor but the stakes always feel real and there is a surprising amount of serious drama. The villain was also fantastic. He had an extremely intimidating scene where the entire theater was holding their breath. Felt like a thriller. You'll know when you see it. And of course he actually had a good motivation and wasn't just some evil dude for the sake of evil. Keaton finally got to play Birdman and he kicked ass lol. 

The reviews are right that this movie does feel like Spider-Man meets Ferris Bueller's day off, but that isn't a bad thing. It really sets the movie apart from every Spider-Man film I've ever seen and it truly works so well because Spider-Man is still just a young kid. 

The end credits scene(the last one there are two) was absolutely brilliant and unexpected IMO. 

9.5/10.  Again no spoilers but there are a couple of "holy sh*t" I didn't see that coming scenes that made my jaw drop. If you remained spoiler free like me I think you'll have the same response. 

See it ASAP.

Between this review, this Midnight's Edge review, and the fact that I haven't seen a movie in 2 years, I really want to see this new Spider-Man movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

See it ASAP.

Between this review, this Midnight's Edge review, and the fact that I haven't seen a movie in 2 years, I really want to see this new Spider-Man movie.

Thanks man! I hope my review doesn't let you down. After being less than impressed with pretty much every Marvel film after avengers 2012 I really had no expectations but that I was going to see a decent film. So I would say to be on the safe side to keep them low as I did, even after reading the amazing reviews. 

Because there is nothing that kills a movie faster than overhyping it imo. Although I hope you guys love it as much as I did. It just felt so "right". Hard to explain. It was Spider Bueller's day off but that surprisingly wasn't a bad thing. 

Hopefully some more people will chime in here shortly. I will explain why I gave it a 9.5/10 instead of a 10 after you guys have seen the film.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:49 pm

On a far more serious note Stan lee's wife passed away at 93. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joan-lee-dead-wife-marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-was-93-1018951

Rip. I got back from seeing the film and it was the first thing I saw. Definitely a kick to the stomach after feeling so positive about something.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:18 am

Samuel L. Jackson to Return as Nick Fury For Captain Marvel

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am

Spiderman: Homecoming was amazing! One of my favourite movies of the year so far and Vulture is one the best MCU villains to date!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 pm

The demon Surtur will be Thor: Ragnarok.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:38 pm

A little Easter egg I appreciated in Spider-Man(spoilers of course). 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 11:11 am

Just came out of Spider Man home coming. Big question about the end though.

Why did
Spoiler:
The only thing I could think of is he was afraid it would endanger liz...

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 pm

I can't believe we don't have more reactions in here. Surely not only 3 of us saw Spider-Man right?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 pm

I've got to wait until tomorrow at best to see it. I'm not a Friday/Saturday movie type of guy, as they are usually packed. I generally only hit Star Wars midnight screenings at this point. Sunday's are usually pretty chill here if you go midday or later that night when everyone is in church.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 6:39 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Why did
Spoiler:
The only thing I could think of is he was afraid it would endanger liz...

I guess it's out of respect to Peter since he saved both him and his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 8:47 pm

It looks like Venom's 'bride' will appear in the Sony made Venom movie.

I'm predicting that this movie will bomb somewhere between GB 2016 and Fant4stic.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Got to see Homecoming, and overall thought it was pretty good, something like a 7/10. Thing is, maybe all the MCU hype was overblown to me, and it didn't quite feel like the film I was expecting. Certain things were amazing, like Keaton as Vulture. Other things like Zendaya's character, felt incredibly pointless.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Here's the Midnight's Edge/Film Buff Channel crossover review/2nd roundtable discussion of the new Spider-Man movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Spider-Man Homecoming has made over $467 million dollars so far. $207 million here in the United States.

We also know the villains Black Cat and Silver Sable will face in their movie, Sliver and Black.

Mendel Stromm
Tarantula
The Scorpion
The Chameleon
Tombstone

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Mark Ruffalo slams Universal and blames them for no stand alone Hulk movie being made in the MCU.

I still don't get why Marvel/Disney just can't buy the rights back. Universal needs the money, even more so considering how their Dark Universe is basically crippled.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Spider-Man Homecoming took a record drop for a MCU movie.

The good news is that it's made $480 million dollars so far.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Why do you think Homecoming took such a major drop at the box office, especially with such a strong audience and critical reception? Do you think the bad aftertaste of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 really had that much of a negative impact on people's interest in Spider-Man?

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:54 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Why do you think Homecoming took such a major drop at the box office, especially with such a strong audience and critical reception? Do you think the bad aftertaste of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 really had that much of a negative impact on people's interest in Spider-Man?

My reasons

1. Slightly oversaturation of Spider-Man movies since 2002.

2. The second time it got rebooted. Unfair stigma, but that's what happens.

3. The trailers exposing too much.

Meanwhile...Venom will be inspired by John Carpenter and David Cronenberg. And this is supposed to be a comedy movie with Carnage too. While I plan to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, part of me wants to see this, just to see how bad it turns out.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Noah Hawley Developing Doctor Doom Movie for Fox

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 6:01 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Noah Hawley Developing Doctor Doom Movie for Fox

And the flaming trainwreck otherwise known as "Fox can't make a good Fantastic Four Movie for sh*t" continues. I reiterate, is there no legal course of action Marvel can pursue. Disney isn't hurting for cash, just cough up the necessary change! Lets hope this thing keeps stalling long enough for the timer on Fox to run out.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 10:28 pm

The trailer for Inhumans was released...and it was a debacle. A lot of fans just outright laughed at how bad it was.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Michelle Pfeiffer will play Janet Van Dyne in 'Ant Man and the Wasp.'

Kevin Feige sure likes those Tim Burton/Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Captain Marvel will take place in the 1990's, will explain how Nick Fury's one eye got damaged, and will have the Skulls as the main villains.

It looks like Fox either sold/gave the rights to the Skulls away to Disney/Marvel.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Anybody see that leaked Infinity War footage?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:

I did and I'm sold.

Here's the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok.

This actually got more positive reception then the Justice League ones at Comic-Con.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 12:06 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Yes sir Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Does anybody think that Infinity Wars will dominate 2018 or will Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom either surpass or be roughly equal to it?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Does anybody think that Infinity Wars will dominate 2018 or will Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom either surpass or be roughly equal to it?

When comparing Age of Ultron to Jurassic World, the level of minor backlash Ultron got was just enough to take some of the wind out of its sails while still doing amazing box office. Meanwhile, the surprise that Jurassic World turned out better than many thought it would, and offering something both nostalgic and different from the superhero market, lent itself to repeat business.

I think strong reviews and fan responses will drive Infinity War to be the No 1 smash hit of 2018, this thing has so much momentum going into it and being the result of ten years worth of Marvel films it's really remarkable. Then you've got the Guardians of the Galaxy crossover aspect, which should potentially double the level of interest. I think that will certainly make it the biggest film of the year.

As much as Jurassic World was also a big hit, it has made some fans (older, more jaded fans who don't exactly walk in our circle of fandom, mind you) more jaded and less likely to endorse a sequel, even if it does get great reviews and manages to improve on or rectify the flaws in the last film. Now that the novelty and nostalgic wave has passed, it will have to stand on its own two feet.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 6:07 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

When comparing Age of Ultron to Jurassic World, the level of minor backlash Ultron got was just enough to take some of the wind out of its sails while still doing amazing box office. Meanwhile, the surprise that Jurassic World turned out better than many thought it would, and offering something both nostalgic and different from the superhero market, lent itself to repeat business.

I think strong reviews and fan responses will drive Infinity War to be the No 1 smash hit of 2018, this thing has so much momentum going into it and being the result of ten years worth of Marvel films it's really remarkable. Then you've got the Guardians of the Galaxy crossover aspect, which should potentially double the level of interest. I think that will certainly make it the biggest film of the year.

As much as Jurassic World was also a big hit, it has made some fans (older, more jaded fans who don't exactly walk in our circle of fandom, mind you) more jaded and less likely to endorse a sequel, even if it does get great reviews and manages to improve on or rectify the flaws in the last film. Now that the novelty and nostalgic wave has passed, it will have to stand on its own two feet.

I have to agree. Jurassic World was a good movie, but I can't deny that it made more then it really should have. If more effort was put into it, then it would have made $1.8 billion and I truly think that. I'm just worried about how much wind it will take out of JW: FK's sails.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next