Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
smaugtheterrible wrote:
I'm almost hesitant to even guess who the "Last Jedi" is (or are). It could be Luke, it could be Rey... that all seems too simple though. Maybe it's even Kylo Ren! I still hope for more focus on non-Jedi force users, as well.

Either way, I'm hoping for a good movie!
hell, for all we know it could actually be referring to Ahsoka!

Not to be a diwner, but Dave Filoni both in series and out has made it very clear to say Ahsoka is not a Jedi.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:47 pm

fair enough Razz i'd just really like for Ahsoka to appear (assuming it's not just so he can be killed Wink )

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 pm

He only said that so he could keep her alive. Also coincidentally the motivating factor for her leaving the Jedi Order and that arc....well, besides ROTS.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:51 pm

I have to ask. Considering how the X-wings were more heavily armed and armored then the TIE fighters, at least the TIE interceptors had better firepower, and how Lucas based Star Wars off WW2, is it possible that the TIE fighters were based off the Japanese Zero and other lightly armed and armored fighter early in the war and the X-Wings were based off American planes F4 Wildcat, F4U Corsair, and the F6 Hellcat.

I've been thinking about that for sometime, even more so with a really good book about Japanese military aircraft of WW2 that I got for Christmas.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 7:01 pm

i'd believe it if TIEs were Zero expys, but could also see it, in a more generalized way, as TIEs being analogous to the whole Luftwaffe while the X-Wings would be comparable to the RAF. just another example of the parallels between the Empire and Nazi Germany, what with their stormtroopers, uniforms, and Wunderwaffe-esque superweapons

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 7:29 pm

It's just that I'm beginning to believe that while Lucas was inspired by Nazi Germany, that he may have been more inspired by Imperial Japan. Compare the conning towers of the Star Destroyers to the massive 'pagoda' masts of rebuilt Japanese battleships and battlecruisers.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Did the Empire ever use NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) weapons in the Star Wars universe? I remember that atomic weapons still exist in the Star Wars universe and given the amount of exotic plants and animals and a ton of planets, there are lots of natural toxins and germs. Chemicals too.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 6:12 pm

biological and i think chemical weapons come up at times (no idea if the Empire specifically used them) but i think nuclear weapons just aren't a thing in Star Wars

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 pm

That kind of seems odd because I remember how Scott said that the Empire still had some, but rarely used them since you can't really dogfight in space using nukes. It just makes sense to use the 'old fashioned' stuff to wipe out populations then to make an artificial planet that only made tactical/strategic sense in Rouge One. At least Starkiller Base wiped out a large part of the Republic fleet. Basically a galactic Pearl Harbor. Both Death Stars couldn't even claim that.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Answer is yes. They did use them. Death Troopers/Red Harvest gave insight to biological warfare used by the Empire to devastating side effects, the former title is the one with the Empire depicted in it. And they did use Nuclear. Chemical weapons were also used, Dioxis grenades for example.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:28 pm

So why didn't the Empire just make a lot of NBC weapons instead of making the Death Star?

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Death Star is far better. It destroys entire planets. Razz

Plus shielding can block those sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 pm

I remember reading that a lot of the Imperial officers believed that the Death Star program was a folly and that one of them, Tarkin's successor I believe, thought the Empire would have been better off building more Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Harrison Ford in The Last Jedi!?
http://moviehole.net/2017112295harrison-ford-last-jedi

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

I'd been pretty sure they'd do something like this. IT's also nice, because at least we'll see Luke and Han together one last time.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I'd been pretty sure they'd do something like this. IT's also nice, because at least we'll see Luke and Han together one last time.

As long as it's a flashback, then I'm fine with this. I just hope that they don't have him come back as a Force Spirit. I can see that with Leia, as long as Carrie Fisher's family agrees to it, but Han would not be a fit for that since non-Jedi can't be Force Spirits.

Speaking of which, have they explained way Qui-Gon Qinn never appeared as one when Anakin was being manipulated by Palpitine?
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:41 am

The Empire had the resources to do both. It isn't like they were cash-strapped with projects.

Also yes, I knew about Ford being in it. But it also came with the grain of salt Von Sydow would be back so it was thrown out. Not surprised if it comes back true.

Yoda was the only one with the experience and ability to hear Qui-Gon as a Force ghost, hence hearing him in AOTC while others didn't. Plus you had to be trained to commune with him as explained in ROTS. Hence Obi-Wan learning.

It was sad he couldn't do ROTS because of scheduling conflicts or an accident. I forget which.

EDIT: It would also make sense to flash him back as a way to haunt Kylo's memories for the sequels. Almost a twist on the nightmares that plagued Anakin in the PT.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:01 am

IIRC, I read in a book that Qui-Gon Jin's force spirit was visable to both Anakin and Obi Wan in an episode of one of the animated Star Wars shows. I think both of them were on a planet where the Force was super-powerful. It's been a while since I read the book, so I don't know if the planet was correct. But I do remember the Qui-Gon Force Spirit.

Here it is.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:25 am

Yeah the Mortis trilogy. That circumvents the stuff on the films and the evidence in general. This is about the only time they see him outside of Obi-Wan's training with Yoda. He specifically says that he has to train Kenobi to commune with his old master who has learned a pathway back from the netherworld of the Force.

So while they can speak to him I don't think they realized it was his actual spirit or it was a Force augmented hallucination. Otherwise it contradicts the films rather badly.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 am

They could explain it on Rebels. That would be the best way to explain it all. Perhaps Mortis was the one planet where they could see him with how strong the Force was. Besides, it would be remarkable seeing Anakin see Qui-Gon again and how much of the Darth Vader persona would react.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 2:44 am

Hearing that The Last Jedi will have a Super Bowl teaser. Pretty excited for that.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 3:20 am

the final arc of The Clone Wars (in the sixth season released on Netflix) has Qui-Gon's consciousness contact Yoda, but only faintly, and convinces him to go to Dagobah so they can talk because Dagobah is extremely well-connected to the Force. he explains that he'd learned of a way to maintain his consciousness after death, which was previously thought impossible in-universe, but that his training was incomplete and that's why he can't manifest as a Force ghost, then he sends Yoda off to learn how to do it himself so that he can learn how to do it, and then in Ep3 Yoda tells Obi-Wan to do the same. incidentally, this was in the same arc that formally retconned midichlorians.

though now that i think about it, that doesn't explain why Anakin appeared as a Force ghost at the end of Ep6 since, presumably, he would've had no training to be able to do so

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Lucas said Obi-wan and Yoda did whatever for him, so Anakin could be a force ghost. Makes zero sense but Lucas wrote himself into a corner on that one.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Midi-chlorians are still in the continuity Osh.

The teaser will probably be next to nothing. Like a 30 second spot with half of it being filler but still be cool. Probably in the first quarter too.

His fulfilling the prophecy and bringing Balance to the Force might have been sufficient since he cleansed it but there is no REAL explanation anymore.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:02 am

Scott B wrote:
Midi-chlorians are still in the continuity Osh.
i said retconned, not removed Wink i know perfectly well that midichlorians are still in, just not exactly as described

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 9:27 pm

According to Box Office Mojo, Rogue One: A Star Wars story has made slightly over $1 billion dollars, slightly over half of it here in the United State of America. It's also the 2nd highest grossing movie that came out in 2016, with only Captain America: Civil War beating it.

Those are pretty impressive accomplishments for a prototype/holotype Legacy movie.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Eh, I think they still work as described in the movies but IDK.

Rhedo--That is the power of Star Wars.........................and IMAX............................................................and 3D.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:30 pm

"Red Cup" is the working title of the Han Solo spin-off movie.

Probably just somebody just having fun. Razz

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 3:19 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
"Red Cup" is the working title of the Han Solo spin-off movie.

Probably just somebody just having fun. Razz
of course, Ep6 was called Blue Harvest during production Wink iirc part of the cover story was that it was a horror movie

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Mark Hamill Defends Jake Lloyd From Star Wars: Episode I

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 7 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next