Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 pm

excellent news--so-called "fans" were unduly harsh to him (and to Christensen, too, for that matter)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 9:02 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
excellent news--so-called "fans" were unduly harsh to him (and to Christensen, too, for that matter)

I liked everything Mark had to say. He admitted there could be problems with George, but he liked the man and knew he didn't deserve the hate. Jake Lloyd, I don't even understand what happened with him. Kids loved Episode I, the only reason I can think of them making fun of him is the ones with the type of parents that like to say Lucas raped their childhood with the prequels. But then again, some kids are just mean.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Billy Dee Williams is open to star as Lando Calrissian.

I can really see this happening. The man is having a Renaissance era. Returning as the spokesman for Colt .45, starring as Two-Face in the Lego Batman TV show, that's pretty good for his age. I don't see why he can't reprise his role as Lando.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm

i've said this before (can't remember if it was here or elsewhere) but i can totally see Lando returning since, now that Han's explicitly died and, unfortunately, Leia probably has, too, in light of Carrie Fisher's passing, (and Ackbar as well, since his actor has also passed away) plus the fact that Luke is off doing his own thing, Lando is one of the few remaining higher-ups of the former Rebels as well as actually having administrative experience as the leader of Cloud City, whereas Han and Luke were basically just soldiers when you get right down to it. if Billy Dee does return as Lando, my guess is that he'll basically be acting-Chancellor of the New Republic after the events of Ep7

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 12:16 am

"Scary Movie" team to do Star Wars-based parody.

Oh good...they can crap on Star Wars and inadvertently Spaceballs all in one go. I thought we were finally done with these stupid parodies. Now keep in mind, much like Spaceballs, these movies can work. Problem is, all the people able to make them work, like Mel Brooks, are either not working anymore, or not alive anymore.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:

Oh good...they can crap on Star Wars and inadvertently Spaceballs all in one go. I thought we were finally done with these stupid parodies. Now keep in mind, much like Spaceballs, these movies can work. Problem is, all the people able to make them work, like Mel Brooks, are either not working anymore, or not alive anymore.

Who watches those movies anyway? Furthermore, how do those kind of studios even make a profit?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 5:44 pm

With a premise as insulting as this, it stands to reason that Star Wars fans will probably unite against these two bastards and boycott it. I'd be with them.

The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Who watches those movies anyway? Furthermore, how do those kind of studios even make a profit?
almost zero budget will get a significant return just from people who'll go watch any movie and/or those who don't know any better

ya wanna know how awful these fuckwits are? they literally had to MAKE UP positive comments about Vampires Suck for post-release trailers. and it wasn't like with Bubsy 3D where they made up a credible-sounding "Gold X Award", they were EXTREMELY obvious with their fake critics praising it, like I. P. Freeley and Hugh Jass. y'know, the immature wordplay names that anyone who ever made it to a double-digit ages knows about. i mean, if I were in that situation and making up people to try and save face (i hope i wouldn't be that desperate) i'd at least try to make them sound like they could be real

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 pm

If they can pull off a Star Wars parody in the vein of the first 2 Scary Movie films, it could be pretty decent.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 am

define "decent"

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Star Wars will have it's first female droid in the Han Solo spinoff movie.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 pm

well, first named female droid, maybe Razz remember, "female" droids already appeared in the Prequels--the Trade Federation protocol droid that met with Qui-gon and Obi-wan in Ep1 and the waitress one in the diner in Ep2

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm

It's amazing how quick people are to forget that there already female droids in the previous films!!

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 am

Arfour--Obi-Wan's astromech--had feminine programming.

Also Lando has a strong possibility of being Finn's father based on Abram's comments so it would be nicer to have him back and as Osh said, Luke is essentially the ONLY major character left that actually people can understand (we can't understand Chewie so it sort of undermines his potential to be a lead rather than major supporting character) and is not a subservient droid. So Lando steps to the forefront as a necessity to at least make the transition easier. Wedge is never coming back. Also as Osh said, he can clearly fit as a politician, Resistance military leader, supplier....whatever. He was sort of a jack of all trades since he dabbled or was said to have dabbled in everything.

And this is basically his last chance to return to the limelight one last time truly. Sure his other Lando appearances are big but not SW live-action movie big and Colt will never be mainstream like if he were Dos Esquis or whatever now. By the time the NEXT trilogy starts he will be over 90.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 am

i was kinda wondering if droids can even have gender besides their voice characterization, and now i'm learning for the first time ever that there's gendered programming!

Star Wars is weird, man....

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't all the anger about female robots in a famous sci fi movie. After all, Beast Wars had Airazor and Blackarachnia and they were accepted perfectly fine.

The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Airazoraftermath

The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Blackarachnia

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story made $1,049,686,380 overall.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-00h3WEmUO4

Josh Gad attempts to ask Daisy Ridley questions relating to Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

(With special appearences by Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Colin Trevorrow.)
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

First image of Han Solo spin-off cast and crew.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Grand Admiral Thrawn was a big part in creating The First Order.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm

i knew it! not in exactly those words, but i knew it!

how much ya wanna bet that he either figures into either the Sequels or one of the spin-off movies?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 pm

If Snoke is an alien that's the Supreme Leader of The First Order, then it's quite likely that we'll see Thrawn as the supreme admiral or something like that. Besides, the Rebel Alliance/Republic/Resistance has-or had-Ackbar, then it only makes sense that the Empire/First Order has Thrawn. Besides, given Palpatine's anti-alien bigotry, it's going to be very interesting to see how he became so powerful.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 7:17 am

Word going round is that the original unedited Star Wars trilogy will come out this year.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 am

I'd love to believe that, but after too many false starts and promises that went nowhere, I'm not exactly holding my breath. But rest assured, if this is the real deal I will be right there with all the fans with my money to own the blu-ray of the trilogy!

It's also worth noting that I still own the 2004 DVD release of the original trilogy and did not buy the blu-ray box set, so it's in serious need of an update. For me, I don't mind the extra scenes or CGI elements, I don't even get that irked by the Greedo shooting first thing, those were things I was used to from the 1997 releases that I grew up with. But the replacing of Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christiensen was the one that did it in for me.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Captain Phasma will have a high-tech spear and a larger role in Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Ingvild Deila talks about playing Princess Leia in Rogue One.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 am

Darth Vader original was supposed to kill Darth Maul in a lightsaber duel, but plans changed.

Talk about a missed opportunity... No

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Considering what happened on Rebels, that might've been preferable.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spoiler:

If they were going to let Kenobi be the one-this time for good-then they should had at least made it a good fight. Not letting Vader be the one was something that Star Wars fans will never let Disney let down for a long, long time.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spoiler:

If they were going to let Kenobi be the one-this time for good-then they should had at least made it a good fight. Not letting Vader be the one was something that Star Wars fans will never let Disney let down for a long, long time.

I'm just mad the story went nowhere.
Spoiler:

I've really been holding out for Rebels to pick up the slack...but I just don't think I can defend it anymore. That doesn't mean there aren't episodes I like, but overall, there's so much filler and meaningless episodes. And I will admit, Clone Wars had several mediocre or bad episodes itself, but I can at least find a lot to like. Clone Wars also had the advantage of us knowing where it ends up, but us also knowing that both sides were being played so we weren't too worried about the overall story. With Rebels, while we know where it's going, we want the overall story to matter, and show us this time period we haven't seen much of. They just keep giving us like 7 episodes of major story out of 20.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next