Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm

You know they had to remove a few minutes from the TLJ portion, but this is pretty funny.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 am

The Malone Society wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:
Sometimes I don't even want to like Star Wars anymore. Haters have kind of spoiled the fun for me.

I agree. The toxicity is just too much for me, especially when actresses end up getting harassed because of the characters they chose to play. It's awful.

She never actually said she closed her account for that reason.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:05 pm

It ever freak anyone out that, for example, I'm 29, so theoretically, if I live until I'm 78, the original film will be 100 years old. I mean I'll be able to say that with plenty of movies sooner than that, but one I'm such a big fan of, 100 years old. That is crazy.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Disney will make fewer Star Wars movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 pm

Don't know if this has been posted here yet... thought you might like to check it out. Gives some thoughtful, calculated analysis of the film... might even give an explanation for the so-called "feminist agenda".

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pm

It looks like Bob Igor is implying a change in direction of Star Wars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm

The Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett spinoff movies have been cancelled.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 9:19 am

Lego Star Wars: All-Stars Announced As Animated Series
https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-culture/2018/10/26/lego-star-wars-all-stars-announced-as-animated-series

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 am

While I would have loved to see more McGregor Kenobi, I am glad this destroys Maul being a thing in future movies. We don't need to see robot leg Maul fight old man Ben in the desert. Though it sucks no more Ewan.

I was really happy to hear Fett was canceled, until I read a pitch by someone in that link. Make him a Terminator/Jaws type character that actually isn't the focal point of the movie, but the ominous threat to the bounty he is going after. A tense thriller would be a great Fett movie.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 4:41 pm

It seems the Boba Fett movie would have featured the other ESB bounty hunters.

http://collider.com/boba-fett-movie-bounty-hunters/

Sadly it seems we're not getting more of that babe magnet Bossk. He had the best line of the franchise - "Whireshhhh!'
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Yep, I'm double posting, but big news - Cassian Andor/Rebel Spy/Rogue One prequel TV series coming on Disney Plus service.

https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

I'll take this over Episode 9 at this point personally.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am

We got an inside work of LucasArts here.

KK has hated the fanbase for a while now.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:42 pm

So, apparently despite The Mandalorian being in production and the Cassian Andor series being just announced, neither are trending on social media.

Has Disney done what George Lucas never managed to do an killed off SW?

I have a love/hate relationship with the franchise, so I don't know how I feel about this! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Robotpo wrote:
So, apparently despite The Mandalorian being in production and the Cassian Andor series being just announced, neither are trending on social media.

Has Disney done what George Lucas never managed to do an killed off SW?

I have a love/hate relationship with the franchise, so I don't know how I feel about this! Razz

To be fair, KK is responsible for 90% of it. First she drove the JP franchise into the ground by allowing that movie to be made without a proper script and now she's run Star Wars into the ground.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

New Details About Kylo Ren's Appearance In STAR WARS EPISODE IX Have Been Revealed - SPOILERS

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/new-details-about-kylo-rens-appearance-in-star-wars-episode-ix-have-been-revealed-spoilers-a165061

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 pm

This seems indicative of JJ Abrams just undoing everything Rian Johnson did in Episode 8, after Johnson pretty much undid everything Abrams set-up in Episode 7.

I miss George. Sad
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 2:21 am

Spoiler:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm

It looks like Lando's daughter and the Knights Of Ren will be in SW9.

The Knights Of Ren should have been in TLJ. Too late to put them back in now.

Also, we might as well say RIP Lando.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 pm

The Knights of Ren and the Praetorian Guard would have been redundant though.

Yeah, they're clearing the board for the new characters to take over moving forward...the problem is, do Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose have the fans that Luke, Leia, Lando and Han did? Not as far as I'm aware.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

At this point I'm taking all rumors with a block of salt. A common trick Lucas would employ would be to allow fake scripts to leak in an effort to both satisfy the news hungry fans, and to throw fans off from the truth.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Yeah, they're clearing the board for the new characters to take over moving forward...the problem is, do Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose have the fans that Luke, Leia, Lando and Han did? Not as far as I'm aware.

One would think she would have learned her lesson after the fan outrage of that one fight scene in JP3. Yet, she did not.

And it's not just SW, either. Word going round is that Captain America will die in Avengers 4 and that Captain Marvel will take his place. Considering how Carol was destroyed in the comics over the last few years and it's only the last few months that they've ret-conned all that as non-canon, and how many people were not impressed by the trailers, good luck with that.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

^^ At least the Spino worked as an antagonist, even if it was OTT and looked like a duck.

Rey, Finn, and Poe just don't work as protagonists - Rey's over-powered and infallible, while Finn and Poe (the latter in TLJ anyway) are incompetent clods...not characters I really want to spend time with personally.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Rey's overpowered but I wouldn't say infallible. She has other issues imo,like being not very interesting outside her friendship with Finn and relationship to the OT characters.

It doesn't really matter in the long run if Ridley wants the break she said she did. Boyega is probably the torch bearer for the franchise as he is the one that is the super fan out of that group.

Poe has the problem of skirting two different roles. They are trying to make him a hotshot rebirth of Wedge but then handing him the reigns like he is Mon Mothma. He shouldn't be limboing between the two and doing one or the other.

Finn was the most interesting but they cut him off at the knees by having his story arc tied to Phasma and relegating him to Rose's babysitter (although I think the latter will be remedied by Abrams in some way with 9).
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Anyone else been following "Star Wars: Resistance"? It's surprisingly fun, and has a more original plot that the ST movies IMO.

But I'm partial to traditional animation.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Palpitine was Darth Vader's biological father all along.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Palpitine was Darth Vader's biological father all along.

Funny, that makes him Luke and Leia's granpappy now. XD

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 2:33 pm

SIGH *Headdesks a concrete slab*
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 9:43 pm

I wouldn't call him the biological father, since he didn't contribute any personal DNA to the mix. All they really did was confirm a heavy implication that turned into a popular fan theory.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Here's an interesting video about why KK hasn't been fired yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 28 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next