Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm

He was such a generic action man. Like the writers were thinking, "what are the safest middle way characteristics we could think of?". Though at least Pratt's charisma and some oneoff scenes and dialogue saved him from being a soulless cardboard cutout like that boring lead in the Godzilla reboot.

But I still wouldn't say Claire was the lead or that amazing. She was 'fine', you know just like mrs Kirby, but her character didn't really take charge like Sarah Harding did. Not that Sarah didn't have her faults, you know carrying blood soaked clothes all over the island and making other stupid decisions, but she pretty much commanded Malcolm around most of the film and had prominent presence and reasons for her actions. Especially in San Diego.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Lets hope they dont play out the "romance" that somehow developed between Owen and Claire. That was so lame and generic "action movie" in style. That would be horrible.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Lets hope they dont play out the "romance" that somehow developed between Owen and Claire. That was so lame and generic "action movie" in style. That would be horrible.

Given how they are the main human characters, chances are that it's going to happen anyway. That being said, I think that it will be played better then it was in JW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I bet they are already a couple and end up having same relationship arc as with Malcolm and Harding in TLW, you know not fully being in sync with each other and arguing a lot but in the end coming together again.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Well whatever happens with the two of them and their bizarre sense of love hopefully is worked out well in the film and not simply some random bit added because its the standard cliche.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Well whatever happens with the two of them and their bizarre sense of love hopefully is worked out well in the film and not simply some random bit added because its the standard cliche.

I don't know what you could be referring to....

cough
Spoiler:
cough

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I don't know what you could be referring to....

cough
Spoiler:
cough

Haha right? Nothing says love like almost dying together I suppose. I just remember a lot of movies back in the 90's, and even now, there always seems to be this barely developed plot of the two main characters falling in love or something because of their adventures together. Some times its developed but most of the time its really not. Its so cliche you can say "hey those two are going to survive and be an item at the end of the film based only on the fact they're both main characters in an action, drama, or horror movie."
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:25 pm

So they posted a pic on twitter with Colin, Bayona, Bryce, Chris, Justice and Daniella. They are going to watch GET OUT.

Hmmm so we can safelly say at least 4 actors are filming already. Maybe Rafe and Ted are too.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:18 pm

My theories about Owen having a smaller role due to his suspected absence on these days of filming just failed then XD

Anyway... so on set there are: Chris, Bryce, Justice, Daniella (the four main lead, I guess?), Juan, Colin, and maybe Rafe (in that recent interview he said he filmed already a day) and Ted Levine (who was spotted one or two weeks ago near the set)

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:48 pm

I just want one more person filming in this thing, then everything will be perfect and I won't complain anymore.

Also, more pics, teasers. bounce

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:54 pm

I like the fact Colin seems to be on set as well. That was not an obvious thing. This shows how he's into the project, and the close collaboration between him and Bayona makes me so excited. Also, the entire group seems to be already like a family, they all look so excited.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:03 pm

owenpratt wrote:
I like the fact Colin seems to be on set as well. That was not an obvious thing. This shows how he's into the project, and the close collaboration between him and Bayona makes me so excited. Also, the entire group seems to be already like a family, they all look so excited.

And you can tell that it's real. It doesn't look staged/forced at all. I have nothing but optimism for this movie. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

And you can tell that it's real. It doesn't look staged/forced at all. I have nothing but optimism for this movie. Very Happy  

Yep, its always nice to see a cast and crew genuinely acting like a group of friends off stage. When it comes to those kinds of relationships, I always refer to the cast and crew of The Lord of the Rings, director, writers, prop makers, stuntsmen and of course actors all forming virtually unbreakable bonds. That might be the gold standard and a rare thing in a Hollywood production, but it's nice to see that in other productions and casts. To use a George Lucas/Steven Spielberg analogy from the Indiana Jones trilogy, I can see Colin as the ideas and story guy while Bayona is the director who executes that vision

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm

With long running TV shows that go on for years and where actors literally have to work round the clock shifts with each other to no end, I definitely see the 'family" aspect, but with films I really don't. Sure some crews generate closer ties than others, even to life long relations later on (just like may happen in any temporary job), but it's not comparable to TV "family".
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:41 pm

I just hope Colin wrote well the characters, not that mess that was JW (aside from Claire and Zach's arc). Derek wrote Skull Island characters and guess what? Everyone is saying most are flat.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I just hope Colin wrote well the characters, not that mess that was JW (aside from Claire and Zach's arc). Derek wrote Skull Island characters and guess what? Everyone is saying most are flat.

While I hope the same, that we get good and meaningful characters, my biggest hope is that we get well written dinosaur characters with lots of screen time. No matter what, my biggest hope for any film is lots of screen time and exploring who the dinosaurs are at least to a decent extent. I would love to see some development of Dinosaur characters. JP/// sort of did a decent job with the dinosaurs, the same could be said for TLW and the Original JP, but I felt it was lacking in Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:01 pm

So my guess is that:
- Chris
- Bryce
- Justice
- Daniella
for JW2, is the equivalent of:
- Chris
- Bryce
- Ty
- Nick
for JW.

i mean, the 4 main lead who surely survive the movie. Just my theory though.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I've been saying it for a while, and Skull Island seems to have confirmed my suspicions, that Derek Connolly is a real weak link when it comes to screenwriting. His action scenes and monster/creature scenes are fine, and sometimes they can be impressive, but his human element is very out of touch. Though to be fair, that also had Max Borestein from Godzilla and Dan Gilroy (of Nightcrawler) working the script so the whole thing was probably a mess (or rather a much bigger mess) before that. Or maybe Derek did louse it up and we just don't know since we weren't following the production.

Colin seems to be a guy who listens and learns, and the success of the Jurassic sequel will depend on that and his willingness to let his actors and director help inform the creative journey.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 pm

owenpratt wrote:
So my guess is that:
- Chris
- Bryce
- Justice
- Daniella
for JW2, is the equivalent of:
- Chris
- Bryce
- Ty
- Nick
for JW.

i mean, the 4 main lead who surely survive the movie. Just my theory though.
Can't we insert Wu into this list?  Laughing

I'm kidding, I know he'll die, just that I'm not ready haha  pale

By the way, I hope you guys are right about Colin, hope he learned with JW and develop most if not all of the characters in the scenes they are in. Just don't f*ck up with Claire, Wu and make Daniella's character interesting, and then I'm all good.  Razz

And yeah Derek is my fear there, so that's why I'm counting on Colin.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Masrani says hi.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Masrani says hi.
Masrani, Claire and Zach. Yep. How could I forget Masrani?  Embarassed

While we had Wu, Hoskins aka the pseudo villain and Owen were just confunsing/flat/cartoonistic.

Still, they need to improve that. More characters with development, emotions, actual people that could exist please.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:34 am

Derek wrote the character of Claire, as far as I know, who was the most developed character in JW. I don't get the hate towards him. Safety Not Guaranteed's character were great.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:15 am

His characters are most flat. Just see Kong. All except one has a decent arc.

That's why I'm afraid. Flat and generic characters.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 am

Still we don't know which character Connolly wrote in Kong. We also know he isn't the only writer there, and that he was called on a second time, so I guess by that moment most of the characters were already written. For what we know he could have written that one character who hadare the best development.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 am

Masrani story arc? What the one they just lazily copied from Hammond?

The only real difference was that he wanted to be Agent Johnson of Die Hard at the end, which ultimately finished him off.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am

Well, he's one that has development/deph at least. In all his scenes you can feel what his personality is, what he really thinks, his vision of the world. And the last scene where he basically pushes his sleeves up and tries to help doing something...

Maybe not an arc, yep, but he was developed well.

Claire of course had an arc, and Zach too, even if I hate him I need to admit he had an arc. 

Meanwhile the rest...Colin wrote Wu, he better not f*ck up with him in JW2. If Derek wrote him, well, I'm doomed then.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:41 am

Well yes to be fair he was my favorite character in the film, but that had nothing to do with "story arc" but more with his on screen presence and traits. And at least they established him taking helicopter lessons beforehand and not just jumping the gun out of blue at the end.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am

Mistral wrote:

The only real difference was that he wanted to be Agent Johnson of Die Hard at the end, which ultimately finished him off.

You're just a bucket of sunshine, aren't you?

You can call it copy/paste all you want (quite frankly, most story arcs in cinema can be traced back to a previous source anyways) but denying its existence is just wrong.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:52 am

Yes, he was also one of my favorites. Loved him from the start. Just in one scene that I had to disagree with him, but overall he's a great character.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:

You're just a bucket of sunshine, aren't you?

You can call it copy/paste all you want (quite frankly, most story arcs in cinema can be traced back to a previous source anyways) but denying its existence is just wrong.

Where was I denying it's existence? Just saying it was just recycled together from Hammond rather than actually making effort for new ideas. After all we were talking about writers weren't we? Why is critisizing JP3 Grant arc fine (which is basically the same as in JP) but saying the same for Masrani/Hammond is not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 23 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next