Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)

Go down 
+16
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
evolution_rex
Aegyptiacus3
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Agron
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Tarbtano
CT-1138
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Ridley Scott Confirms ‘Alien’ Franchise’s Uncertainty After Disney’s Acquisition of Fox

Translation: Disney thinks Scott is washed up after last year's movie underperformed and turned off most of the fan base.

This also gives him a cover excuse for why the project never happened, other than you know, him acting mentally insane and changing what he says every other week.

A bit unrelated but now he’s obsessed with the prospect of a blade runner 3. You know what? I really think Ridley was the one that got Alien 5 killed. And I think so even more now because he’s complaining about Blade Runner 2049. I think he’s incredibly jealous of the idea that other directors clearly know what’s better for his own franchises than he does.

Maybe I’m being harsh but he’s been sounding like a cranky old man and very ego driven in 2017.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Fox developing a TV series in the Alien Universe?

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/07/04/rumour-control-fox-are-developing-an-alien-series/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Ridley Scott Confirms ‘Alien’ Franchise’s Uncertainty After Disney’s Acquisition of Fox

Translation: Disney thinks Scott is washed up after last year's movie underperformed and turned off most of the fan base.

This also gives him a cover excuse for why the project never happened, other than you know, him acting mentally insane and changing what he says every other week.

A bit unrelated but now he’s obsessed with the prospect of a blade runner 3. You know what? I really think Ridley was the one that got Alien 5 killed. And I think so even more now because he’s complaining about Blade Runner 2049. I think he’s incredibly jealous of the idea that other directors clearly know what’s better for his own franchises than he does.

Maybe I’m being harsh but he’s been sounding like a cranky old man and very ego driven in 2017.

I don't like to get to conspiratorial myself, but I think the idea Ripley killed Alien 5 is probably true. He came off with all these grand ideas, and depending on who you asked, made them work but potentially also changed a lot about the Alien universe. Some people consider this a bad idea, but I honestly don't really consider Prometheus/Covenant in the same timeline as the Alien franchise. Like I consider if a Covenant sequel doesn't get made, then Alien is the third part, but considering we have things like the Queen Alien, and I myself like the AvP franchise even if the movies aren't great, I don't like the Scott kind of came back and overwrote a lot of the cool stuff from the franchise just to push his random ramblings on the origin of life.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Parts of the The Predator had to be reshot after one of Shane Black's friends was a sex offender who tried to have sex with a 14 year old girl back in 2010.

Olivia Munn was the one who outed him.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

If anyone wants the original shooting script, just ask. Apparently, it's very different from the final film after re-shoots.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Parts of the The Predator had to be reshot after one of Shane Black's friends was a sex offender who tried to have sex with a 14 year old girl back in 2010.

Well that makes me want to see this a little less.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 7:20 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well that makes me want to see this a little less.

Worse yet, she was chastised by Fox and many of her colleges for doing so.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 pm

This new Predator movie has to break quite a few records to make a profit.

Throw in this recent scandal...whew boy...Talk about a tall mountain to climb.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 pm

The Predator has an overall opening of over $54 million dollars.

I should note that this movie has a budget of $88 million so it needs at least $200 million to make a profit.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm

So far, The Predator has made over $118.7 million dollars.

Neil Blomkamp has shared his sculpt of a mutated Zenomorph that was supposed to be in Alien 5.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 8:23 pm

The ‘Alien’ Universe Expands in 2019, Official Social Media Accounts Tease
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3539197/alien-universe-expands-2019-official-social-media-accounts-tease/

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 pm

^^ So it seems that most recent marketing for the 2019 Alien content says, "read", "watch", and "play". We already know there's a new comic series coming this year and a new video game in development, but what could the "watch" refer to...perhaps the TV series Fox was rumored to be working on a few months back?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/alien/new-alien-teaser-suggests-universe-expansion-through-books-video-games-and-television-or-movies-a165618
Back to top Go down
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 5:34 am

So I am curious, who else was thrilled by Prometheus but let down majorly by Covenant? The former had so much mystery, exploration of the enigmatic Engineers, and psychological horror.. The latter had, not a whole lot of anything but fanservice. Also I hate when they kill off lead characters between films.

Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Well, Disney seems to be rebooting "Predator" yet again. The director of "10 Cloverfield Lane" and a writer on the "Jack Ryan" series are doing it.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/predator-movie-dan-trachenberg-20th-century-studios-1234619728/

Is it too much to hope that this will be Schwarzenegger and son-in-law Chris Pratt in family counseling with the Predator as an emotional support animal?  Twisted Evil lol!

EDIT: A bit of possible plot info from AVP Galaxy!

Spoiler:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/20/predator-5-is-coming-directed-by-10-cloverfield-lanes-dan-trachtenberg/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 1:37 pm

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/predator/predator-screenwriters-taking-on-disney-in-bid-to-recapture-the-rights-to-the-iconic-sci-fi-franchise-a184036#gs.ygrjnl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10