Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)

Go down 
+16
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
evolution_rex
Aegyptiacus3
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Agron
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Tarbtano
CT-1138
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:02 pm

James Cameron doesn't like how the Alien series has turned out.

Does he ever get the rights back and if so when?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 6:13 am

I think Cameron's on thin ice to be talking about disapproving of the Alien series' steady franchise revival. Meanwhile he wanted nothing to do with the production of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and the franchise has limped on ever since. To say nothing of his infamous endorsement of Genisys...

And at least Ridley Scott became involved again when he took on the filming of Prometheus! Opinions may differ on the film's overall quality, but it still benefited from his touch.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 8:01 am

James Cameron doesnt want any more Aliens movies to come out yet he'll churn out 4 more Avatar movies, hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I still think Cameron was paid of by Paramount to say all that. As for Alien, I say he wants the rights back to the franchise like with the Terminator. Yes, the Aliens franchise may have veered off course, but at least it gave us the Alien vs. Predator movies and is at least correcting itself. Besides, those Neomorphs look pretty scary.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger Unlikely to Return for The Predator

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 am

They're calling it a Prologue, it seems to basically just be a scene from the early portion of the movie. Anywho, here it is!
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm

That choking reference was just embarrassing to watch. It's like Scott is trying to do parody his own film 40 years later.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 am

Mistral wrote:
That choking reference was just embarrassing to watch. It's like Scott is trying to do parody his own film 40 years later.

I agree with that. It seems from the trailer they havent started their journey yet or havent ascended to the planet they are exploring. So we know its not an alien "chest burster" causing it. However, it may something about the android being more like Bishop, helpful without an agenda ? Maybe, thats pretty speculative.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am

It's worth noting that it was directed by Ridley Scott's son, and was always meant to have a decidedly comedic tone to it. I think we can assume that the final film won't be as jokey, but if you go onto the Fox YouTube channel and watch the video there, the amount of negativity surrounding it is really quite toxic. Its one thing to say that people didn't like this preview, which is perfectly fair, but this felt... well different this time, like the problem wasn't even the content of the video but the fact that it was another Alien movie.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I agree with that. It seems from the trailer they havent started their journey yet or havent ascended to the planet they are exploring. So we know its not an alien "chest burster" causing it. However, it may something about the android being more like Bishop, helpful without an agenda ? Maybe, thats pretty speculative.

It was embarrassing as ha-ha choking joke reference yes, but even if it actually had been alien causing it would've been bad as it's too similar to stuff we've seen before (the original lunch scene first and foremost obviously). So lose-lose either way.

Anyway, the android wearing that casual outfit was the best part of that sequence, because it was so out of place for what we've seen before. Everything else was mehhh.

Judging by this and the trailers, it's my assumption that I'm going to like this even less than Prometheus. At least that one *sort of tried* original things here and there and not the same stuff we've seen thousand times already, even if it ended up being mediocre in the end. Just like with Star Wars, it now feels more like a "responsibility" or "getting it out of the way" to watch these news Alien/Predator films even though I don't really want anymore, because otherwise I would feel like I'm missing something.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Here's the official trailer for Alien: Covenant.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Lol at that one quote where they wonder why there are no birds or animals sounds. Why should there be? It reminds me of one (otherwise good) SG1 episode where Teal'c said just the same thing when walking on yet another planet that had Canadian boreal forest setting. As if every planet developed exactly same kind of ecosystems and biodiversity...

Anyway

Casual group of people in scifi setting
Going to planet to do something
Find alien ship
Someone goes too close to hatching things
People running corridors and screaming
Young female lead / final girl

Check check check

Oh and cartoon CGI aliens jumping all over the place, wohoo. Looks AVP.

I guess different kinds of aliens will be sort of interesting/different, but that's not very much to go for at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 6:13 pm

I read somewhere that the Neomorph and Xenomorph will be getting into a fight of some sort toward the end of the movie.

I'm really interested in the clip that shows a city or something with tons of bodies on the ground in front of it. Some are kneeling though while most are laying.

I think the idea of the similarities between Earth and the new planet is meant to show how much the the Engineers spread themselves around the universe.

Last edited by Spiegel on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Spiegel wrote:
I read somewhere that the Neomorph and Xenomorph will be getting into a fight of some sort toward the end of the move.

Now that would be cool to see. I'd like to see a Xenomorph queen go up against a Neomorph queen. Now that would be a catfight worth seeing.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
I read somewhere that the Neomorph and Xenomorph will be getting into a fight of some sort toward the end of the move.

Now that would be cool to see. I'd like to see a Xenomorph queen go up against a Neomorph queen. Now that would be a catfight worth seeing.

I'm not sure how true it is, be it a leak or a fake rumor but in looking up stuff about the new movie I came across it. It doesn't say anything about a queen of either species but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I'm not sure how true it is, be it a leak or a fake rumor but in looking up stuff about the new movie I came across it. It doesn't say anything about a queen of either species but we'll see.

Yeah, I have my doubts we'll be seeing a queen.

Keep in mind that the concept of the Alien queen wasn't a concept created by Ridley Scott. For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

I think adding this to Director's Cut of Alien pretty much says he doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

That may happen for this movie, the no queen thing, but the alien queen has been so established in the minds of fans and in the Alien saga, that it's practically impossible for Ridley Scott not to have one in any other future Alien movies. What's he going to do? De-canonize it? That won't work at all, not without fan backlash forcing him to backtrack.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 am

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't know if anything in that scene does or doesn't imply that the idea of a queen could or couldn't not be. We don't see any eggs just Dallas and the other dude in a cocoon. Did I miss something? Honestly asking put of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That may happen for this movie, the no queen thing, but the alien queen has been so established in the minds of fans and in the Alien saga, that it's practically impossible for Ridley Scott not to have one in any other future Alien movies. What's he going to do? De-canonize it? That won't work at all, not without fan backlash forcing him to backtrack.

I don't think he'd actually have the gall to de-canonize the queen, but I don't see him acknowledging it either.

Id say what's more than likely is that he'll look for ways around it, maybe going so far as to put alternative breeding methods into any future Alien films, but not in ways that necessarily "de-canonize" the queen.

That way, if he's ever asked about whether or not he's "de-canonizing" the concept of the queen, he can simply say something along the lines of "Not necessarily. I'm just suggesting that there may be other ways for the Xenomorph to breed that haven't been explored yet", or something to that extent.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I don't think he'd actually have the gall to de-canonize the queen, but I don't see him acknowledging it either.

Id say what's more than likely is that he'll look for ways around it, maybe going so far as to put alternative breeding methods into any future Alien films, but not in ways that necessarily "de-canonize" the queen.

That way, if he's ever asked about whether or not he's "de-canonizing" the concept of the queen, he can simply say something along the lines of "Not necessarily. I'm just suggesting that there may be other ways for the Xenomorph to breed that haven't been explored yet", or something to that extent.

But isn't the Queen alien too popular for the fans that prevents him from not having it in at least some of the future alien movies? Sooner or later the fans are going to want to see a queen in one of the future alien movies.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:45 pm

I don't think it's a matter of popularity so much as its just accepted canon. To undo that they'd have to make some storyline in the plot about how the queen was a one time thing for yada yada reason. Even still they'd have to discount the other two movies that reference Queens.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Ridley Scott is Planning at Least Four More Alien Movies
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/827213-ridley-scott-alien-movies#jF2yJhpV8dtGx2zK.99

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Jesus christ
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 pm

We almost got an Aliens cartoon, but the poor performance of Aliens 3 may have played a role in it not being aired.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm

The Original Brutal Ending to Alien

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

Anyone think Scott pushing these Alien prequels/sequels to kind of sucks because it's going to keep that Blomkamp sequel everyone wanted from happening.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 12:13 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Anyone think Scott pushing these Alien prequels/sequels to kind of sucks because it's going to keep that Blomkamp sequel everyone wanted from happening.

I just think that he's being a little too overprotective of the franchise considering how others (Joss Whedon and Fox in general) sent the series into the Dark Ages. (You could argue the 3rd movie was a starting point/harbinger, but Resurrection was the real kick off.) I'm not saying that's without merit, but I do think that Blomkamp should of have a fair chance. BTW, this wouldn't be the first time that Blomkamp was screwed over while working with Fox since he was supposed to direct a HALO movie, but Rothman basically stopped it from being made.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

I just think that he's being a little too overprotective of the franchise considering how others (Joss Whedon and Fox in general) sent the series into the Dark Ages. (You could argue the 3rd movie was a starting point/harbinger, but Resurrection was the real kick off.) I'm not saying that's without merit, but I do think that Blomkamp should of have a fair chance. BTW, this wouldn't be the first time that Blomkamp was screwed over while working with Fox since he was supposed to direct a HALO movie, but Rothman basically stopped it from being made.

It's weird because Scott's one venture back into the universe so far was very mediocre. At least in my and several other opinions. And while I'm trying to be excited for Covenant, it visually is looking a lot like "Prometheus but with Xenomorphs". Not to say Blomkamp is exactly the visionary the series needs. District 9 was great, but his follow-ups haven't exactly gotten the reception it did. I do have faith he'd give it a good shot though.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 4:16 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

It's weird because Scott's one venture back into the universe so far was very mediocre. At least in my and several other opinions. And while I'm trying to be excited for Covenant, it visually is looking a lot like "Prometheus but with Xenomorphs". Not to say Blomkamp is exactly the visionary the series needs. District 9 was great, but his follow-ups haven't exactly gotten the reception it did. I do have faith he'd give it a good shot though.

If Blomkamp had made his movie and it wasn't so well received with the fans, then I would justify Scott doing this far more then I currently can. It's a shame really. I remember how a lot of people were really excited when they found out that Blomkamp would be directing a new Alien movie. Something new and fresh. It looks like that if we'll get one made by him, then we probably won't get as much of that as we want, but as how much that's dictated by Scott.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next