Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is set to make $275 million overall.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is set to make $275 million overall.

Its quite telling that even though I, a long time fan of the franchise, was sitting through the film largely disappointed by it, the audience with me seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves. At least Disney doesn't have to worry about Johnny Depp being box office poison as Jack Sparrow, and it looks poised to reach close to $1 billion when its overall run is completed.

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Its quite telling that even though I, a long time fan of the franchise, was sitting through the film largely disappointed by it, the audience with me seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves. At least Disney doesn't have to worry about Johnny Depp being box office poison as Jack Sparrow, and it looks poised to reach close to $1 billion when its overall run is completed.

Not only that, but Disney has to be happier that GOTG Vol 2. is going to come in a 3rd. This movie still has a lot of mileage left.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

As predicted, Disney took the top two spots in the 4 day Memorial Day weekend.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: $78,476,767

2. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2: $27,189,151

I should note that GOTG Vol. 2 beat out Baywatch by $4 million.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017. I'd be interested to see if Dunkirk, Wonder Woman, or Justice League can step up to the plate. Maybe not top two, but top five perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:52 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017.

Don't forget Star Wars 8.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 5:25 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017.

Don't forget Star Wars 8.

Ah yes, and that too, of course! And just like The Force Awakens, it will very likely sit securely at the top of the box office

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017. I'd be interested to see if Dunkirk, Wonder Woman, or Justice League can step up to the plate. Maybe not top two, but top five perhaps.

Disney is definitely enjoying their monopoly. They got Marvel, they got Star Wars. I wonder what they want the rights to next?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Disney is definitely enjoying their monopoly. They got Marvel, they got Star Wars. I wonder what they want the rights to next?

They definitely want Spider Man and Fantastic 4 back. They also what the X-Men back, but I think that's a lost cause. Fox is one of the few movie studios that's profitable enough that can withstand Disney trying to buy back the rights, I see them sharing them for a while, but not much else. I do think that Fox will sell off the F4 rights, since while fans trust them with X-Men, they certainly do NOT trust them with F4. Not after the 2015 trainwreck and all the behind the scenes chaos that was a part of it.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 1:03 pm

I think Disney should give priority to ensuring Spider-Man returns to Marvel Studios proper and not be a half-and-half deal between them and Sony. This could end up being the second attempt by Sony to start up their own secondary Marvel Comics cinematic universe, but either without Peter Parker at all and featuring Miles Morales, or with Tom Holland's Peter Parker and no more MCU connections after that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:09 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think Disney should give priority to ensuring Spider-Man returns to Marvel Studios proper and not be a half-and-half deal between them and Sony. This could end up being the second attempt by Sony to start up their own secondary Marvel Comics cinematic universe, but either without Peter Parker at all and featuring Miles Morales, or with Tom Holland's Peter Parker and no more MCU connections after that.

I agree with all that, but I actually see Fantastic 4 going first, simply because it's too much of an albatross for Fox. Besides, the relationship between Fox and Disney have improved since both Tom Rothman and Ike Perlmutter left.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Artist Turns Horror Villains into Disney Princesses

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Disney XD Is Developing Herbie Reboot TV Series
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/863367-disney-xd-is-developing-herbie-reboot-tv-series#puyraD5D2LUAZC1T.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 pm

John Oliver will play Zazu in the live action adaptation of The Lion King...

I really hope that he gets killed off by Scar in this version. John Oliver is a lunitic.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 1:41 pm

John Oliver isnt funny, so I dont know why he's even up for movie roles.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 5:41 pm

To be fair, Zazu was always kind of an uptight dick, not a comedic character, so this is fine.

Still, I don't like the idea of a live action remake when literally the entire cast from the original is still alive. They could have just filled the voices with the originals and called it a day.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 9:43 pm

It looks like Disney his having problems finding actors for their live-action remake of Aladdin. It says that Will Smith has been signed on to play as The Genie, which I do like since he can pull it off.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney his having problems finding actors for their live-action remake of Aladdin. It says that Will Smith has been signed on to play as The Genie, which I do like since he can pull it off.
Wait. Will Smith will be taking up the mantle of Genie? Will fricking Smith, after we had the genius that was Robin Williams?! Hurk! No

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 10:34 am

The more I hear of both live action remakes of The Lion King and Aladdin the less I like it. I would have suggested someone like Hugh Laurie, Simon Pegg or Martin Freeman as Zazu, but John Oliver?? That's hardly inspired casting. And yeah, I don't see Will Smith living up to Robin Williams' comic brilliance as The Genie, even if they do take more inspiration from the Broadway portrayal, it will still feel like Will Smith playing himself. And frankly, I have not liked the choice to have Guy Ritchie direct the film; I enjoy his spy and gangster action flicks, but that's his comfort zone - he's not a fantasy musical director.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 11:01 pm

This sounds like the absolute best thing ever in Wreck-It Ralph 2:
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/14/wreck-it-ralph-2-disney-princess-voice-actors-cameo/

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Hugh Jackman has been cast as Scar in the live-action reboot of The Lion King.

I really like him, but I just wish that Jeremy Irons got to redo the role instead.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Vanessa Taylor, one of the scribes from 'Game Of Thrones', is rewriting the script of the live action Aladdin reboot.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:16 pm

It looks like Hugh Jackman won't be voicing Scar after all.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

That was a strange fluke of Disney voice actor coverage... I mean, he could have been a good scar, but probably best opposite a younger actor as Mufasa. James Earl Jones reprising his role as Mufasa definitely makes me think they should cast an older actor opposite him, while many would love to see Jeremy Irons come back, I have been a major proponent of either Charles Dance or Gary Oldman taking the part.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That was a strange fluke of Disney voice actor coverage... I mean, he could have been a good scar, but probably best opposite a younger actor as Mufasa. James Earl Jones reprising his role as Mufasa definitely makes me think they should cast an older actor opposite him, while many would love to see Jeremy Irons come back, I have been a major proponent of either Charles Dance or Gary Oldman taking the part.

Part of me still thinks that Tim Curry can pull off Scar, but that all depends on how good his voice still is.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 am

Chiwetel Ejiofor in Talks to Play Scar in The Lion King Live-Action Film
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/876261-chiwetel-ejiofor-in-talks-to-play-scar-in-the-lion-king-live-action-film#PMdQXmQxml2lK8z9.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Chiwetel Ejiofor in Talks to Play Scar in The Lion King Live-Action Film
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/876261-chiwetel-ejiofor-in-talks-to-play-scar-in-the-lion-king-live-action-film#PMdQXmQxml2lK8z9.99

I like the sound of that; Chiwetel was bone-chilling as The Operative from Joss Whedon's Serenity, and he could easily lend his talents to voicing Scar. Although it won't feel the same as Jeremy Irons, and one could argue a lost opportunity in not bringing him back to co-star opposite James Earl Jones. Just hope Favreau knows what he's doing.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 pm

I learned quite a bit about the Eisner era from the guy on the left.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next