Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 pm

yeah, i never got the "possible" racist connection with the crows, either--it had to be pointed out to me, presumably (i can't remember who) by someone who already had an agenda against Disney to begin with. what really pisses me off about it is people pointing to Dumbo like it's indicative of the entire history of Disney. yes, they've had their fair share of controversial moments, including through to our lifetimes (one word: Frollo) but it's not their modus operandi and to say that something from fuckin' 1941 is indicative of Disney as a whole today--or even at any other time in its history, for that matter--is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick

and Rhedo, you should definitely give the original Dinosaurs a chance if you get the opportunity to do so--it's really quite good, and alot of the topical humor and messages in it still hold up today

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:06 pm

I've never even heard of that Dinosaurs TV show. But then again the chances of catching it on TV in 90's here was pretty non existent, and afterwards I haven't been particularly interested.

Even Dino Riders I only saw by miracle when someone had rare dubbed VHS of it. That series had amazing pilot and all the other episodes were crap. But it was all just to try to sell you toys so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:54 pm

like i said, you should check it out if you get the chance. it was made by Jim Henson's team, the same people who made the Muppets (Henson himself was working on it, but he passed away just before it aired and the first episode is dedicated to him)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Zootopia 2 is officially confirmed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm open to the idea of a Zootopia sequel, but I have to wonder what direction they will take (if indeed it can get much darker) and whether we will see other groups of animals like birds and reptiles, maybe even apes and monkeys, since they were intentionally omitted from the film.

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Dinosaurs was on ABC and it was on friday nights if I remember correctly.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Zootopia 2 being confirmed (along with rumors of sequels for Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph that i've heard) also has interesting implications depending on how they handle it. after Rescuers Down Under, their first sequel movie, bombed at the box office there was basically an executive decision to not spend more money than needed on sequels in order to turn a profit even if it did poorly, which is where all those cut-rate direct-to-video sequels which look more like TV cartoons came from, and then they stopped making them entirely iirc. this could very well be a sign of Disney trying out theatrical sequels again.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Wreck It Ralph 2 was confirmed a few months ago

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 6:54 pm

didn't know that Wink

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Well this is awkward Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Wanna get away?

Southwest is offering low fares to leave this thread and go to a less awkward one one-way for one low rate.

Also lol I am dead(2009).

Sorry couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Well this is awkward Razz

Spoiler:
holy sh*t, that is embarassing XDDDDDD i'd completely forgotten about that! Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Josh Grobin is going to perform 'Evermore' a new song for the new live action 'Beauty and the Beast' movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Will Smith won't be in the Dumbo reboot.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:46 pm

finally saw Finding Dory just the other day. it was on Netflix. i've also noticed that Zootopia, the Jungle Book remake, and Captain America: Civil War were added relatively recently with a pretty quick turnaround to when they were released theatrically, so i wonder if this is a sign of a new pattern for Disney (and Disney-affiliated) movies being put on Netflix?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

At this point it's hard to tell if he's dodged a bullet or missed a hit, but personally I don't think Will would have translated well to a 1940s period setting, never mind tone back his attitude to that of a black American person living during the height of American race segregation. If there is an important black father character in the film that needs a recognizable name, I would probably nominate Denzel Washington for a part like that, as he is of the right age and has the acting chops to blend into that setting.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

At this point it's hard to tell if he's dodged a bullet or missed a hit, but personally I don't think Will would have translated well to a 1940s period setting, never mind tone back his attitude to that of a black American person living during the height of American race segregation. If there is an important black father character in the film that needs a recognizable name, I would probably nominate Denzel Washington for a part like that, as he is of the right age and has the acting chops to blend into that setting.

I agree. Denzel Washington is a better part for that. That or Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock.

Also, Mary Poppins 2 has begun to get filmed.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 7:55 pm

As for the Mary Poppins Returns casting, I am still really anxious for this thing eventually coming; most people would not be in favour of a sequel to a nigh perfect family classic... at least before the trailer comes out. If given the choice, I'd rather there was no Mary Poppins sequel being made, and so long after the original as well.

However, there have been three noteworthy films set in the Wizard of Oz universe; Return to Oz plays out as a sequel to the original L. Frank Baum book from Disney but is pretty damn dark, Oz: The Great and Powerful which is probably more of a prequel to the Victor Fleming classic and a set-up to the events in that film, and finally Wicked another Wizard of Oz prequel that is probably the best received of the bunch, certainly the one with the largest pop culture impact. What's my point to all this? There have been many new Oz related properties, and one belated sequel to Mary Poppins won't take anything away from the original if it's bad.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Both Disney and You Tube cut ties with PewDiePew due to his anti-Semitic jokes that featured Nazi imagery.

You know, what a bonehead. He should have known better beforehand and if he didn't then he deserved this for being this dumb.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Niki Caro Will Direct Disney’s Live-Action Mulan
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/814417-niki-caro-mulan#CkZul7SKRvXkb7Vz.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Donald Glover cast as Simba and James Earl Jones as Mufasa

Well, they weren't going to top the original animated Mufasa under any circumstances, so it's nice to see them own up to this ahead of time. And kudos to Jones for being able to reprise both of his iconic roles well into his 80s. Sadly, with his age being what it is, I do wonder how strong his voice will be for when Mufasa has to be threatening, angry or shouting. Donald Glover as Simba I have no problems with. Now they just need to cast Scar, and I really, really hope that Charles Dance gets the part; after playing Tywin Lannister with great panache, a role like Scar would fit him like a glove!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Donald Glover cast as Simba and James Earl Jones as Mufasa

Well, they weren't going to top the original animated Mufasa under any circumstances, so it's nice to see them own up to this ahead of time. And kudos to Jones for being able to reprise both of his iconic roles well into his 80s. Sadly, with his age being what it is, I do wonder how strong his voice will be for when Mufasa has to be threatening, angry or shouting. Donald Glover as Simba I have no problems with. Now they just need to cast Scar, and I really, really hope that Charles Dance gets the part; after playing Tywin Lannister with great panache, a role like Scar would fit him like a glove!

I hope that Jeremy Irons gets to replay his role as Scar. He made that villain come to life and made him evil in a way that I've never saw in a Disney villain before in my childhood. Even today, his voice as Scar is scary.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Lindsay Lohan Is Campaigning to Play Ariel in Disney’s Live-Action Remake of The Little Mermaid

Someone tell her to please stop....

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Lindsay Lohan Is Campaigning to Play Ariel in Disney’s Live-Action Remake of The Little Mermaid

Someone tell her to please stop....

I know that she wants to revive her career, but it's just too soon for her to be in a major Disney role. Maybe as a supporting role, but that's about it.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 am

Sad thing is, twenty years ago Linsday Lohan had a head full of natural red hair; not too far off the mark when it came to playing Ariel in live action. But she will never appear in this current trend of live action Disney remakes. Had she had made less questionable choices with regards to the sorts of films she starred in or the people she associated with, her career would not have gone to sh*t.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sad thing is, twenty years ago Linsday Lohan had a head full of natural red hair; not too far off the mark when it came to playing Ariel in live action. But she will never appear in this current trend of live action Disney remakes. Had she had made less questionable choices with regards to the sorts of films she starred in or the people she associated with, her career would not have gone to sh*t.

I also don't feel like she's got the body for it anymore. And I'm not body shaming, I'm a pretty large guy so I have no room to talk, but seeing her in pictures at ups and downs, I think her previous problems have left some negative effects they wouldn't take the time to cover in CGI or make-up, and just go for a casting with a more natural body.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Cars 3 NASCAR Cast Announced, Plus New Photos
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/817975-cars-3-nascar-cast-announced-plus-new-photos#KST2qvyJYbChOlER.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Angelina Jolie wants a Maleficent 2...

Yeah, no thanks Jolie. One bone-headed movie that turns Maleficent into a soppy rabbit of an antihero was enough. Unless it's to be a straight up remake of Sleeping Beauty and you're going to do it properly this time, then flush this sh*t.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 5:39 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Angelina Jolie wants a Maleficent 2...

Yeah, no thanks Jolie. One bone-headed movie that turns Maleficent into a soppy rabbit of an antihero was enough. Unless it's to be a straight up remake of Sleeping Beauty and you're going to do it properly this time, then flush this sh*t.

It really was a bit much seeing Maleficent as a dark hero/misguided anti-hero. The thing is, I thought she actually acted quite well, but in the wrong way. I'm not against giving villains an interesting background as long as it's done well, but I have to say that it was not done well.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Concept Art Reveals Ghost Sharks
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/820285-pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-concept-art-reveals-ghost-sharks#HZy5I2rRRmpUtFuW.99

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next