Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Transformers Thread

Go down 
+9
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Minmi
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 5:53 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
I blame a decade worth of crappy Michael Bay Transformer movies for ruining the steam of the first relatively faithful Transformers live action movie.

Pretty much. I think the fact the the Bay films has continued the same basic plot of retrieving the MacGuffin of Ultimate Power from the first film shows genuinely how unimaginative Michael Bay is with the series.

We should also blame Spielberg as well. He was the Executive Producer of Bayformers and reigned in Bay in the first movie. After that he sat on his duff and let the franchise get run into the ground like he did with JP.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Bumblebee is considered profitable by Paramount:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-01-10/paramount-pictures-is-hollywood-s-comeback-kid

Quote :
“Bakish congratulated Paramount for a successful turnaround, using the latest in the Transformers franchise as an example: Bumblebee, he said, is “solidly profitable” while its predecessor in the summer of 2017 lost more than $100 million.”

“Gianopulos is also trying to recharge “Transformers,” which is based on the Hasbro Inc. toys. Derided for being shallow, irritatingly loud and with contrived machismo, the 2017 installment — the final one to be directed by Michael Bay — was the lowest-grossing in the series and scored just 15 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Now, with director Travis Knight, the franchise has been re-imagined, and the recently released “Bumblebee” — which stars a female lead and was the first “Transformers” screenplay to be written by a woman — is already meeting positive reviews.”

The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Well_there_it_is_jurassic_park

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 2:02 pm

BUMBLEBEE Passes $400 Million Worldwide; Is The Leggiest TRANSFORMERS Film In The Franchise
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/bumblebee/bumblebee-passes-400-million-worldwide-is-the-leggiest-transformers-film-in-the-franchise-a165920

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Bumblebee is officially confirmed by Hasbro to be a reboot of the movie franchise:

https://heroichollywood.com/bumblebee-officially-transformers-reboot/

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Bumblebee is officially confirmed by Hasbro to be a reboot of the movie franchise:

I still don't get what took them so long for them to say it. If they said this before the movie came out, then the movie would have done better and it would have made justifying a sequel much easier.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

I still don't get what took them so long for them to say it. If they said this before the movie came out, then the movie would have done better and it would have made justifying a sequel much easier.

I'm seriously wondering if you can say anything that doesn't come across as aimless complaining about what something should be or shouldn't be and just let something be what it is without devolving the discussion into that very aimless complaining and overt negativity regarding the subject.

I'm really not trying to pick a fight, but it's a common thread nowadays and it's not conducive to having good mental health overall for yourself and others around you. There is literally someone in everything I'm interested in that is demonstrating this crap and it is getting unnerving because how prevalent and pervasive it all is. I'm not saying you should take up yoga, eat kale, and try avocado toast (I don't even do that stuff. I love my Double Bacon Cheeseburgers), but you could help yourself and others by not ripping things apart and enjoying things merely as they are without the negative slant.

There's an old saying I believe in and it came from my great grandmother. She said something to the effect of "If you have nothing nice to say then maybe it is in your best interest to not say anything at all." and short of offering constructive criticism or airing grievances to change a situation so people can improve I've found, appreciated, and I agree with this sentiment. Within the last couple years I have worked hard to embrace it in considering how much of an angry and negative person I used to be and I honestly feel better for embracing it. So please, I implore you, beg you, to stop this behavior.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 11:38 am

A TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Sequel Is In The Works At Paramount
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/a-transformers-the-last-knight-sequel-is-in-the-works-at-paramount-for-some-reason-a167196

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/a-transformers-the-last-knight-sequel-is-in-the-works-at-paramount-for-some-reason-a167196

Unfortunately this runs in conflict what Hasbro said at NY Toy Fair regarding the Bumblebee film. I kind of wonder if it is a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. In any case I do maintain that hope that Michael Bay is out of being heavily involved with the series.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Unfortunately this runs in conflict what Hasbro said at NY Toy Fair regarding the Bumblebee film. I kind of wonder if it is a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. In any case I do maintain that hope that Michael Bay is out of being heavily involved with the series.

And people wonder why Paramount is between $12-$15 billion in debt...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 12:24 pm

It looks like Bumblebee really was a spinoff/prequel all along.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm

No Sequel To TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Planned As Producer Backtracks
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/no-sequel-to-transformers-the-last-knight-planned-as-producer-backtracks-a167691

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 8:41 am

Paramount Reportedly Developing a ‘Transformers: Beast Wars’ Movie
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3602475/paramount-reportedly-developing-transformers-beast-wars-movie/

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 am

Animated ‘Transformers’ Prequel Activated; ‘Toy Story 4’s Josh Cooley To Direct For Hasbro/eOne & Paramount
https://deadline.com/2020/04/transformers-animated-movie-paramount-hasbro-toy-story-4-director-josh-cooley-1202921100/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Transformers Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5