Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Transformers Thread

Go down 
+9
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Minmi
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am

Mark Hamill to play evil Transformer
http://moviehole.net/2018129423mark-hamill-to-play-evil-transformer

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Paramount Looking to Reboot Transformers Franchise (without Micheal Bay) after Bumblebee Spinoff

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 pm

So I've had two grail pieces in my past with my Transformers collecting, the original G1 Megatron that came out in 1984 and the TakaraTomy Masterpiece Megatron. To say the least MP-5 Megatron was an insane disappointment due to its poor construction. That was primarily because everything about it was rushed and they did the best they could to piece it together in a turn around of just 12 days. I found out about MP-5 Megatron when I was just getting back into collecting Transformers again with the focus of my collection being Megatron. Needless to say I was disappointed with the MP-5 when I heard about it and it was hard to nail down. The other problem is that a lot of it was incomplete due to the oversized nature of it and the lack of stock and silencer that was the hallmark of Megatron's Gun mode he used to transform into before being modernized into a tank or jet. The Masterpiece line is like the Rolls Royce of the Transformers figures. Typically high-end and very expensive. Being on a fixed income that is beyond difficult to save up for in the end. MP-5 is largely regarded as problematic as well.

So I shelved it, and then I heard about the MP-36 Megatron on the way. I was excited, looking forward until I saw the retail price being not just a simple 175 or 200 dollars or so. No it was about 230 or 240 dollars. I shelved it instantly, but I loved the look. Thankfully I found an auction on eBay, from China, using the molds of the official toy. They gave the toy some modifications to improve issues widely reported in the first production runs, but also offered to produce a product that was way less than the SRP and much, much cheaper. The only problem is that it is regarded as KO produced outside of the production run, but it is worthy and practically a superior piece of craftsmanship either way. So I got this, my second grail piece, and my collection feels complete of my Megatron figures.

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 20180310

Thankfully I was able to transform him to gun mode and back and honestly I am insanely impressed by this. The joints are a bit overly tight. For instance, I was having trouble with the leg panels and getting them to expand parallel of each other, but after some elbow grease I was able to get it. This was before I transformed him to his gun mode. Yes, it comes with a plethora of accessories including the hallmark stock and silencer, but multiple faces, damage wear, a key to Vector Sigma, and a lot of weapons like his Energon Mace, Lightsaber Dagger, and a laser gun. I have to say I'm in love and I feel it will be the star of my collection. I really don't care if it is a KO. It's still awesome and the quality is superior to even what I hoped for in the end.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
So I've had two grail pieces in my past with my Transformers collecting, the original G1 Megatron that came out in 1984 and the TakaraTomy Masterpiece Megatron. To say the least MP-5 Megatron was an insane disappointment due to its poor construction. That was primarily because everything about it was rushed and they did the best they could to piece it together in a turn around of just 12 days. I found out about MP-5 Megatron when I was just getting back into collecting Transformers again with the focus of my collection being Megatron. Needless to say I was disappointed with the MP-5 when I heard about it and it was hard to nail down. The other problem is that a lot of it was incomplete due to the oversized nature of it and the lack of stock and silencer that was the hallmark of Megatron's Gun mode he used to transform into before being modernized into a tank or jet. The Masterpiece line is like the Rolls Royce of the Transformers figures. Typically high-end and very expensive. Being on a fixed income that is beyond difficult to save up for in the end. MP-5 is largely regarded as problematic as well.

So I shelved it, and then I heard about the MP-36 Megatron on the way. I was excited, looking forward until I saw the retail price being not just a simple 175 or 200 dollars or so. No it was about 230 or 240 dollars. I shelved it instantly, but I loved the look. Thankfully I found an auction on eBay, from China, using the molds of the official toy. They gave the toy some modifications to improve issues widely reported in the first production runs, but also offered to produce a product that was way less than the SRP and much, much cheaper. The only problem is that it is regarded as KO produced outside of the production run, but it is worthy and practically a superior piece of craftsmanship either way. So I got this, my second grail piece, and my collection feels complete of my Megatron figures.

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 20180310

Thankfully I was able to transform him to gun mode and back and honestly I am insanely impressed by this. The joints are a bit overly tight. For instance, I was having trouble with the leg panels and getting them to expand parallel of each other, but after some elbow grease I was able to get it. This was before I transformed him to his gun mode. Yes, it comes with a plethora of accessories including the hallmark stock and silencer, but multiple faces, damage wear, a key to Vector Sigma, and a lot of weapons like his Energon Mace, Lightsaber Dagger, and a laser gun. I have to say I'm in love and I feel it will be the star of my collection. I really don't care if it is a KO. It's still awesome and the quality is superior to even what I hoped for in the end.

Just curious, do you have the G2 version where he transforms into a tank?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Just curious, do you have the G2 version where he transforms into a tank?

Yep!

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Shelf010

Pic needs to be updated a bit. I had to redo my top shelf a bit to fit my MP-36 in, but you get the idea.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Transformers 7 has been pulled from Paramount's movie making schedule.

So it's safe to say that Transformers 6 will end the franchise once and for all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 8:41 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

So it's safe to say that Transformers 6 will end the franchise once and for all.

There is still a 6th movie coming after the Bumblebee spin-off?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Bbrink1996 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

There is still a 6th movie coming after the Bumblebee spin-off?

Not anymore.

lol! lol! lol!

It looks like the Bumblebee spinoff movie is going to be the final Bayformers movie. This was for the best, but I do wish that the franchise would end with Transformers 6, only for the sake of wrapping things up instead of ending on a cliffhanger.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:06 am

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am

This looks really fun and adventurous. I'll probably see it on opening weekend.

Also, I know they've said that this is a prequel to the Bayformers movies, but theoretically speaking, if this is successful, they could just declare this is as the first movie in a rebooted series. Someone should tell Paramount about this.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:11 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Also, I know they've said that this is a prequel to the Bayformers movies, but theoretically speaking, if this is successful, they could just declare this is as the first movie in a rebooted series. Someone should tell Paramount about this.

It's too late now. Paramount pulled Transformers 6 and 7 from their release dates. The franchise is just too toxic now. And this is from somebody who like this franchise better then most.

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 5:45 am

Dead2009 wrote:

Is that Starscream at 1:50?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

It's too late now. Paramount pulled Transformers 6 and 7 from their release dates.  The franchise is just too toxic now. And this is from somebody who like this franchise better then most.

It might be their only best shot at redemption, which isn't to say I think it will be a huge hit but I do think it has a fair chance at being a good film. The fact that Bay isn't directing and they're focusing on the "boy and his car" story that Spielberg wanted to be at the heart of the first Transformers movie. And moreover, the look of Bee and Starscream resembling their G1 counterparts has caused a ripple of positive buzz. These factors have been enough to goose interest, and wouldn't it be something if it proved to be a better/more financially successful film than Pac Rim Uprising.

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Agreed. I hate transformers but this trailer warmed my heart. I think they should push it back and reshoot parts to make it a fresh start.

I know that won’t happen but I’d like it too.

Also change the title. The shape of bumblebee.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

It's too late now. Paramount pulled Transformers 6 and 7 from their release dates.  The franchise is just too toxic now. And this is from somebody who like this franchise better then most.

It might be their only best shot at redemption, which isn't to say I think it will be a huge hit but I do think it has a fair chance at being a good film. The fact that Bay isn't directing and they're focusing on the "boy and his car" story that Spielberg wanted to be at the heart of the first Transformers movie. And moreover, the look of Bee and Starscream resembling their G1 counterparts has caused a ripple of positive buzz. These factors have been enough to goose interest, and wouldn't it be something if it proved to be a better/more financially successful film than Pac Rim Uprising.

It's possible that it makes a profit, but I don't think it will be enough to save the franchise. Not unless Paramount cleans house and gets new blood in it. But even then, you might as well outright make a new Transformers franchise at that point.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 5:51 pm

According to this, the Bumblebee movie is set to open in 3rd place behind Aquaman and Mary Poppins.

Kiss this franchise goodbye. I liked the Bayformers franchise better then most, but even I can't deny that Michael Bay should have been replaced with a better director some time ago.

In the immortal words of Dr. McCoy... "He's dead, Jim."

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2018 10:53 am

More toy news than movie news of course. The Prime Wars Trilogy toys wrapped up this year and the new Siege War For Cybertron toys are starting to pour out to retailers. Also the Studio Series (The Generations aspect of the toys that focus on the live-action continuity) got some reveals and we're getting a new Devastator based off of his RotF appearance of course, but a bit more truer to the source. I'm pretty sure he won't have his wrecking ball testicles though. Razz

Also of note for fans of the IDW G1 series of comics, Lost Light (25, November 7th), Optimus Prime (25, November 21st) and Unicron (6, November 14th) series are all three having their final issues this month. After the entire universe will be rebooted and go in an altogether different direction most likely.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 6:41 pm

It looks like Bumblebee is destined to bomb.

Paramount only has themselves to blame. They, and to be fair, Spielberg as well since he was the Executive Producer of the franchise, let Bay run this franchise into the ground and they didn't reign him in from the first sequel on forward. When this bombs, they have nobody else to blame but themselves.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 11:25 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Paramount only has themselves to blame. They, and to be fair, Spielberg as well since he was the Executive Producer of the franchise, let Bay run this franchise into the ground and they didn't reign him in from the first sequel on forward. When this bombs, they have nobody else to blame but themselves.

Considering that it's 94% Fresh and the fandom loves it (mostly) I don't see it as bombingm the fandom is large enough and vocal enough to show off their support. So far they have. Outside of that, Bay is a terrible meatbag though. Difference between him and Travis Knight in this case is that Knight actually wants to respect/obey continuity where Bay scoffs at continuity and does whatever the heck he wants because it looks cool and offers needless amounts of gas lighting eye candy for a visual spectacular.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 1:14 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Considering that it's 94% Fresh and the fandom loves it (mostly) I don't see it as bombingm the fandom is large enough and vocal enough to show off their support. So far they have. Outside of that, Bay is a terrible meatbag though. Difference between him and Travis Knight in this case is that Knight actually wants to respect/obey continuity where Bay scoffs at continuity and does whatever the heck he wants because it looks cool and offers needless amounts of gas lighting eye candy for a visual spectacular.

Well then, I guess you can blame Paramount and Spielberg (who's been the Executive Producer of the Bayformers franchise) for letting Bay run this into the ground, trying to reboot this too soon, and showing it at the same time as Aquaman and the new Mary Poppins movie.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well then, I guess you can blame Paramount and Spielberg (who's been the Executive Producer of the Bayformers franchise) for letting Bay run this into the ground, trying to reboot this too soon, and showing it at the same time as Aquaman and the new Mary Poppins movie.

Dude, why do movie studios constantly have to be brought up every time a film is discussed? Why do half of these posts have to be negative?  scratch

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 10:53 am

@Dead2009, Rhedo apparently loves being a negative Nelly. Unfortunately it's scaring legitimate conversation with other parties off because no one wants to deal with the constant, pervasive pessimism he pushes. Actually point of fact here is when running JPL this is why I would ban people that tried to turn the forums into their own private rant board. Maybe Rhedo needs positive/negative re-enforcement training by use of a shock collar instead. Any time he says something pessimistic we shock him with 10,000 volts of electricity, and any time he is a good little boy we give him a chocolate chip cookie... Alternatively I know when my cat is bad I use a small spray bottle to tell her no. We could employ a similar tactic to this with squirting Rhedo too, just a thought at least. Razz

Back on-topic:

New news for today also, and it's a happy announcement:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/23/animated-transformers-movie-set-in-cybertron-is-in-the-works-379533

Hopefully I can get a story that revolves around both Optimus and Megatron starting their own respective groups. It'd be nice to see an origin study exploring the back story of their war in the Bayverse, which was largely fleshed out by IDW's comics. That said a lot of those probably have moved to their own micro-continuity now because of the constant obsession Bay has with throwing out the continuity for lens flare and explosions. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Dude, why do movie studios constantly have to be brought up every time a film is discussed? Why do half of these posts have to be negative?  scratch

I'm only speaking the truth in this case. Paramount has been a bomb factory and is at least $12 billion in debt. Not only that, but 2019 is a do-or-die moment for the movie studio.

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedo apparently loves being a negative Nelly.

Heeey! Must be ta money. Razz

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 4:28 pm

There is more to life than dollar signs Rhedo, lots more to life in fact.

I think every time you say something negative I'm going to advise you to show off your hog instead. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 6:15 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
There is more to life than dollar signs Rhedo, lots more to life in fact.

I think every time you say something negative I'm going to advise you to show off your hog instead. Razz

That's not quite what I was referring to. You missed the joke....

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 9:52 am

I didn't really miss the joke. I just decided to bludgeon my way through it instead. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Box Office Mojo says that Bumblebee has only made $65,353,863.

The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Dr-mccoy-hes-dead-jim

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 2:29 pm

I blame a decade worth of crappy Michael Bay Transformer movies for ruining the steam of the first relatively faithful Transformers live action movie.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 4:42 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I blame a decade worth of crappy Michael Bay Transformer movies for ruining the steam of the first relatively faithful Transformers live action movie.

Pretty much. I think the fact the the Bay films has continued the same basic plot of retrieving the MacGuffin of Ultimate Power from the first film shows genuinely how unimaginative Michael Bay is with the series. Critically the Bumblebee film is good though and so I hope in time it can service the shittyness that the series has ended up with thanks to Bay.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Transformers Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next