Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

TMD Model Processing Tool

Go down 
+27
sagebalsys
FFossil
Sanchos
Ecliptic
jarofnibbles
C-Rex
JPBrasil
keegz97
FTKchuuNINJA
DinoWorld2014
Marllon98
DoktorPopcorn
fdinick
Dragon Scales
Jurassic Gabo
jpog2
LostWorld
Chopperface
Lucca2951
Troodon
mcblegal123
Mamenchi
EchoGreen
Megaspino2
Bleeding Rose
jaml655
equinox-
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Not really; I've been too busy to get much done. The new UI is written and just needs some tweaks before it's finished. Before long I'm going to hit a point where additional improvements require a huge amount of additional work (FBX IO layer); I'm not sure if I'll take this tool past that cliff.

Bit of clarification on what's likely to be in the final version I personally develop:
- Mesh and bone weight editing
- Skeletal structure editing through bias files (kind of complicated but avoids the FBX issue)
- Single animation modification and creation support (again through bias files)

Things that probably won't make it into the final version:
- A clever matlib exporter; you'll have to update your textures manually
- Bulk animation edits: you'll only be able to edit a single animation in blender per DAE (limitations in the DAE format)
- Simple skeletal modification (since blender uses bones and JPOG uses joints it would take some clever work to get this to work better)
Back to top Go down
keegz97
Embryo
Embryo
keegz97

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm relatively new to this site, but I have had some experience with blender along with modding JPOG and other dinosaur related games, I had a little go at this and I ended up with an alright Baryonyx, I haven't put it in the game or anything.
(the skin is mine btw)

Spoiler:

Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 am

oh my gosh, nice model and skin dude!

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 6:59 pm

When will there be an update?
Well, my team is not able to add skins after the last update.
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:23 pm

To export skins you need to have a material with a properly linked texture in blender before you export to DAE.
There likely won't be any updates for 3-4 months still -- from a programmer's perspective the next few things are pretty boring and it's hard to use my very limited free time on them.
Back to top Go down
C-Rex
Embryo
Embryo
C-Rex

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 4:48 pm

This is truly incredible - I've been playing JPOG for nearly ten years and never thought putting new models/editing models would be possible. For the record, has anyone tried editing the models in Autodesk Maya?
Back to top Go down
https://www.artstation.com/danielsamhudson
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Maya should work fine -- the DAE format is for asset interchange, so it works with almost everything. I can't personally test it though.
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Equinox, is it normal that since you share your discovery about model editing , we never saw any models in-game ? I really want to see your Indominus Model
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

I developed this tool because I was interested in deciphering the file format and not because I do a lot of modding JPOG personally. So I have not taken time to develop any complete models; I've mainly just made quick edits to test features of the tool. You likely won't ever see me publish a mod, however once this is more stable I'm probably going to take the most complicated thing I can come up with a record a tutorial of myself modeling it.
Back to top Go down
C-Rex
Embryo
Embryo
C-Rex

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:46 pm

I just tried out the merging tool with a new Allosaurus model I made, but whenever I tried to load the .dae file I edited nothing happened, and when I did save it as .TMD it remained unchanged in-game.
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Make sure you exported the modified DAE and are doing the merge correctly. (old tmd + new dae = new tmd) Also, if you need faster answers there are quite a few people on this discord server that use the tool:
https://discord.gg/mcTbE
Back to top Go down
C-Rex
Embryo
Embryo
C-Rex

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks for the quick response, equinox. I'll get onto the server.

Edit: The invite appears to have expired! Would you mind sending me another, please?

Another Edit: Turns out I had a mod installed that made the allosaurus use a different model, so I replaced it and now my model is in-game. However, it appears white, and I'm sure I exported materials from within Maya (although it didn't have a skin applied to it). Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 3:54 pm

With your permission,equinox,here is a new invite:
https://discord.gg/9p7UjDG
With the problem of the skin,you need to export a texture/skin in PNG to the model before of save and convert it.
Back to top Go down
jarofnibbles
Embryo
Embryo
jarofnibbles

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Seems like the Pterosaurs I was working on are now rather shabby, well, time for the modelling table!
Already made a small non-descript pterosaur, haven't gotten it working IG yet, or skinned, or anything.
But good job man! This is amazing!
Oh, and I haven't really figured out how to export TMDs... I've used the DAE pack, seems like I get an error every time I try it, but it's probably me derping up at 2AM. Thanks again!

-Jrex

EDIT: Screw it, making it a dimorphodon, will upload a pic later.
TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 ERFViKl

Model is a bit bugged, but know the causes, still, semi-working. Skinning will be fun, considering it's in misc.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 am

I come back to check on this site after years of being inactive just to see Jurassic World Evolution announced and then stumbling on to this the very same day? Color me intrigued.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Ecliptic wrote:
I come back to check on this site after years of being inactive just to see Jurassic World Evolution announced and then stumbling on to this the very same day? Color me intrigued.

It's been a great year of advancements for JPOG modding so far, welcome back though!
Back to top Go down
Ecliptic
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 pm

jaml655 wrote:
Ecliptic wrote:

It's been a great year of advancements for JPOG modding so far, welcome back though!

Thanks jaml, I'm hoping I can get back into the modding stage with these new advancements, so many possibilities are open now with this. I will need to be reacquainted with some oldereason techniques as well because of how long it's been I made anything, think my last work is in the forgotten mod (good work dpjwei for still giving it maintenance and additional content btw) so I won't be releasing anything anytime soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Ecliptic
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:39 pm

So I've tried using the tool but Java wont open, it brings up a prompt window after clicking it but then it closes again, any advice on how to get this working? I wanna get back into the modding scene o3o
Back to top Go down
Sanchos
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 am

Hello man's, Are you gonna make video tutorial how to use tmd model processing tool?
Back to top Go down
FFossil
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 11:06 am

How do I see other animations in blender?
Back to top Go down
sagebalsys
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am

I does not seem to work for me.
new member so, slightly modified: imgur.com/a/oUhIc
Back to top Go down
FFossil
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm

sagebalsys wrote:
I does not seem to work for me.
new member so, slightly modified: imgur.com/a/oUhIc

This is what I would:

If you really wan't to use the 0.2.1v:
-1-Download v0.1.0{https://github.com/OpenJPOG/org.equinoxscripts.ojpog.repacker/releases};
-2-Rename the "repacker-0.2.1-alpha" (.jar file) to repacker-0.1.0 in the 0.2.1v folder.
-3-Copy repacker-debug. file from the 0.1.0v folder to the 0.2.1v folder.
-4-Duble click repacker-debug file to execute.

But onestly I use the 0.1.0v because it has been working fine for me and also has material editor to.
Back to top Go down
FFossil
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 7:36 am

Hi, i know this can sound a bit off topic but this is the most active post i found on the internet.
I found this Carcha model in the models folder:

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Im115

He is larger than the other models, so I renameit carcha_hi.tmd to test it in game and it looks like this:

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 2017-113

He keeps blinking from normal to green to blue to invisible, and the loop gets faster when it runs.

Does any one know why this hapens?
I really want to know because this model has a higer quality than the others.
Back to top Go down
Randomosaur
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey Equinox. I was just wondering if this new model tool is able to put new building models into the game. If so, it might be the first step towards a functioning Hunting Platform, Hotel or JP Institute.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Does anyone know how to use this tool? I wanted to try messing around with editing models again, but I can't seem to get anything to run.

Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to do it. If anyone else needs help with this you can PM me and I'll explain how I managed to do it.
Back to top Go down
NMH96
Embryo
Embryo
NMH96

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi there, I'm new in the forum. First of all, thank you equinox for your work in this tool, it's simply amazing, in the last 15 years I've been playing and modifying JPOG and it's really the first time I've seen an advance in the modding scene so big since the Hex modding.

So I was using v.0.1.0 and it worked, but when I tried to use the 0.2.1 version, the .jar file didn't even open. I've already done what @FFossil said a few post ago, but it still the same. Is there a way to make it run? I'm using Windows 10 64 bits.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 6:27 pm

I had the same problem with the converter and I almost decided to give up when I found Hendrix's model converter:

https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/jpog-blender

I've been able to edit models and put them back into the game using this tool. Plus, it almost seems like Hendrix more or less refined Equinox's tool.
Back to top Go down
NMH96
Embryo
Embryo
NMH96

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:18 pm

For some reason Hendrix's tool didn't worked for me. I've made an Allosaurus new model and when I tested in the game, my Allo has the same model it have before.

EDIT: My mistake, I forgot to delete the lo, hi and md models. I tested now and it worked. Also, Hendrix tools put that it may crash another dinos animation from the same digsite, but it worked well, I tested it with a Kentrosaurus and it worked fine.

Last edited by NMH96 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 pm

You need to export animations and apply scale to animations in blender before you export. If you don't do that the game won't read the changes. Also, make sure the model you changed is the one you have on in your game (for example, editing the low allo model when you have high quality models enable in your game).

Edit: It only crashes the game if you resize the model, I can confirm this absolutely happens since it happened to me when I resized my t.rex.
Back to top Go down
NMH96
Embryo
Embryo
NMH96

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 9:03 pm

I did it, but didn't know about the others TMD files. In a tutorial I saw they said you have to delete it, and I forgot that, but after doing it, it worked fine. I'll look how to make it work without deleting it and just make the game read the TMD I edited as you said Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMD Model Processing Tool
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next