Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

TMD Model Processing Tool

Go down 
+27
sagebalsys
FFossil
Sanchos
Ecliptic
jarofnibbles
C-Rex
JPBrasil
keegz97
FTKchuuNINJA
DinoWorld2014
Marllon98
DoktorPopcorn
fdinick
Dragon Scales
Jurassic Gabo
jpog2
LostWorld
Chopperface
Lucca2951
Troodon
mcblegal123
Mamenchi
EchoGreen
Megaspino2
Bleeding Rose
jaml655
equinox-
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 am

If you can modify any dinosaur, it means that you create non dinosaurs like pterosaurs and crocodiles like postosuchus?
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm

While you can create anything with this tool it is significantly easier to create models based on ingame dinosaurs. If I wanted to create a pterosaur I'd have to create a custom armature and custom animations. While possible theoretically this tool doesn't support that yet. Creating all the animations by hand would be a significant amount of work, so you're still unlikely to see any creatures that don't belong to the same family as those already ingame.
Back to top Go down
Mamenchi
Embryo
Embryo
Mamenchi

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Equinox- actually you can use the bird model and modify it to create pterosaurs. That should be much easier to do, right?

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm

I didn't even realize there is a bird model. Sure you could use it. Since it's a decoration it probably has a very limited armature and animation set though. You'd still have to create more animations if you wanted to use it as a dinosaur. You could replace all the ingame birds with pterosaurs though.
Back to top Go down
DoktorPopcorn
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 pm

A use for this tool that I can see straight off the bat is making more anatomically accurate models, and more JP canon models.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

And what aboub terrestrial crocodiles like postosuchus and karposuchus?
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Same thing as birds. The animations are so different from any of the included models you'd have to redo most of them. However it is possible that by shortening the leg bones you'll be able to make them walk significantly closer to the ground.

So what would people be most interested in seeing from the next model I make with this tool? I'll probably be making one that showcases local and global scaling of bones, as well as global mesh editing. An example might be shrinking the ingame raptor down to microraptor size and adding feathers.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:33 pm

equinox- wrote:
Same thing as birds.  The animations are so different from any of the included models you'd have to redo most of them.  However it is possible that by shortening the leg bones you'll be able to make them walk significantly closer to the ground.

So what would people be most interested in seeing from the next model I make with this tool?  I'll probably be making one that showcases local and global scaling of bones, as well as global mesh editing.  An example might be shrinking the ingame raptor down to microraptor size and adding feathers.
I'd love to see that

Been trying to make a horizontal sauropod like diplodocus today, gave up for now because the sauropod models are so hard to work with scratch
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 pm

The models should become a little easier to work with in the new version since the vertices will be auto-welded when exporting and split again when merging.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Ok great, I'll just put away that little project til then Smile
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 am

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Img_2812
TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Img_2813

Equinox ? This is what we Want lol ^^
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:32 pm

I heard that this is able to make the map of the island bigger, it is true?
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 3:05 pm

bigger islands? damn,i would love that

Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Gabo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Dragon Scales wrote:
I heard that this is able to make the map of the island bigger, it is true?

Shocked I hope it can be done, it would be the most incredible thing for the game Very Happy

Almost 25 years of the existence of this franchise, and we still feel like that enchanted child to see those Brachiosaurus in the lake refreshing. Long live Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Will be pretty good, i'm making a the isle mod, and if we can make the island bigger, i will can make a massive island, like from the game, and this will be so good!

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 8:23 pm

This tool won't be able to make islands bigger. There is a slight possibility I'll develop a terrain editor with that feature much later.
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 8:50 pm

YAY! i will be patient and wait, just a massive animal editor is good yet XD

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 am

Remarkable pioneering here. So we could have quills on Indominus, maybe some day a new Carnotaur, WWD style quilled sauropods (though I saw the horizontal necks are a no go for the present).

This could one day really help our Dinosaur Expansion Pack too. Kron and Bruton all have those little quill-ish spikes on the back of their heads. Eema is... well, very uniquely shaped, to say the least. Url being a Euoplocephalus looks quite different from Ankylosaurus, size notwithstanding.

This really is pioneering. Keep it up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 am

Chooperface wrote:
Don't forget a decent Carnotaurus Smile

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

For those of you still having problems with the tool but still want to try to model:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p5syprxu3clp7io/DAE_pack.rar
It contains the model files of the game's animals, plants, and some buildings.

Last edited by jaml655 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 am

DAMN thank you Jaml,i Will try to make innovation Center later with VC Very Happy

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 am

Sure thing, also redownload it, added in some missing models
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 am

For example?

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 10:22 pm

For example the correct allo, frilless dilo, homalo and camara models as well as the components to the visitor center model, go crazy with them
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 pm

XD

Embryo
Embryo
Marllon98

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 am

Please, I wonder how do I convert the template back to * .TMD ??
TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 TVKRtVy
TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 JRMVWqe

http://muitosobreojpog.blogspot.com.br
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 am

Fdnick posted a tutorial several posts up
By the way, love the JP signature Cool
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:48 am

I love the first
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:54 am

Equinox where are you ? Is the tool can add the texture? Are you working on ? Can we see your models ?
And please can you make this one lol
TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Img_2814
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:19 pm

I have been extremely busy recently so haven't had a lot of time to work on this. I had hoped to release the first version with texture support and a complete GUI last weekend, however I simply didn't have enough time.

Currently I'm finished with support for complicated armatures (large carnivores), disjointed meshes, and TML file input/output. I've also reached a point where I'm satisfied with the pipeline format, and what remains is writing pipeline modules & the pipeline GUI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMD Model Processing Tool
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next