Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

TMD Model Processing Tool

Go down 
+27
sagebalsys
FFossil
Sanchos
Ecliptic
jarofnibbles
C-Rex
JPBrasil
keegz97
FTKchuuNINJA
DinoWorld2014
Marllon98
DoktorPopcorn
fdinick
Dragon Scales
Jurassic Gabo
jpog2
LostWorld
Chopperface
Lucca2951
Troodon
mcblegal123
Mamenchi
EchoGreen
Megaspino2
Bleeding Rose
jaml655
equinox-
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am

Windows XP should run this fine, but my tutorial on setting JAVA_HOME might be wrong.
Regarding an embedded model viewer: I'll probably make something like it, but it will just be a button that launches an external one. And yes, it would allow you to see all the animations.
Back to top Go down
mcblegal123
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 am

How to make it work on computers with java 32?
Because I followed all the steps and the conversion did not work
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:07 am

You'd have to mess with the native library files.  I might look into patching that up at some point, but for now you'll just have to wait.

You can try downloading the two files here and copying them into the directory with "gdx.dll", "gdx64.dll" and other such files (overwriting the existing assimp.dll) That directory is the root directory of your installation after you extract the repacker-x.x.x-bin.zip file.
Back to top Go down
mcblegal123
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 am

Can you please a folder with models already in .dae?
Who has the computer that does not run your conversion program?
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Hey hello there! I have done all correctly, and when i try to convert the brach this error appears, i want to know if i forgot to do something :/ please help!
Spoiler:

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

You need to put the *.TKL files in the same folder you loaded the *.TMD file from.
Back to top Go down
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 pm

jaml655 wrote:
Nice Smile How do you play the animations in blender?

Edit: Had some fun making this guy, gonna start over for better results. It's an amazing tool you made equinox, it opens the door for quality new animals
Coelophysis
Model works ingame but having problems getting the texture in with it

That Coelophysis is unreal!! :O
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Well, it appears that equinox- has pulled off a JP:OG modding breakthrough (and here I was thinking that this year into early next year was possibly going to be the final push for any significant mods). Whenever I put the game on I wonder just how much further the modding community can go. A whole new door of possibilities has been opened with this tool. Reading the replies brings a good feeling.

I hope that this tool is seen through to completion with full support one day. I'd like to see Brachs upscaled, Stegs more film accurate, Mamenchis and other large sauropods fully proportioned, tiny Compys correctly proportioned, etc. Really looking forward to the results.

I have a question for anyone that works with the models: With this tool - is it now possible to make improvements to all visitor models? I know that it's not priority now, just curious.

Congratulations to all you Hex editor warriors out there. A motivator has arrived. Great work equinox-.
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Nobody wants to try to make a real indominus rex model ?
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:02 pm

The underlying file IO layer supports every model except STurret and VisPlat. So you can edit visitor models. Current limitations in the merging process makes merging multi-mesh models (such as the visitor center) difficult, but the internal code is there.

My current plan for the new GUI is going to be pipeline oriented. A pipeline will be composed of multiple "blocks", starting with a "Import TMD" block, and ending with either an "Export DAE" or "Export TMD" block. Between the import and export blocks you will be able to place any number of morph blocks, such as "apply global scaling", "apply local scaling", "import mesh from DAE", "import armature from DAE", "apply skinning operator" (which will allow *.tmd files editing in the old way to be used with this tool), and any others.

You'll be able to import and export pipeline files -- I'll probably provide two reference pipelines for the basic conversion and merge operators.

I'd like some feedback on this design -- benefits are customization, but it is more complicated for you guys.

Another project I've been considering is a mod loader with the ability to automatically merge *.tml files, digsite specification files, etc. Would there be a demand for such a tool?
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

I'd love more customization functions.
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Here's some exciting news for everyone.  Not included in a binary release yet, however large carnivores work now:
Acro
Back to top Go down
Mamenchi
Embryo
Embryo
Mamenchi

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 7:14 am

Amazing! Keep up the good work, I can't wait for this tool to be finished and updated with all the festures we can possibly include!

Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 am

Everything sounds great so far, equinox-. My thought has been that if there ever was a way to "mine" further into certain game files, a software/tool would need to be created/discovered that's format compatible. I remember reading back a couple years ago (on Modding Genesis I'm sure) that it was previously thought impossible to do anything with .tmd files because of the way that they were bound to the .exe. Then the Hex editor thing happened. And now this. It's all exciting.

So, an idea: I know that it's still very early, but once this tool is working to everyone's liking and they've had time to play around with and fine-tune their craft - would global scaling allow for all models to be downscaled? For example: downscale models to make them 1/2 to 1/3 their current size. I was thinking that this would give "bigger" island space.

Admittedly, I haven't thought this all the way through. It's been mentioned that so far two of those files are not currently supported. There may have to be some reworking of how the terrain lays flat and grass textures are made, and other considerations. Bigger islands has always been on my JPOG wishlist.
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 10:54 am

You could definitely downscale all the models, however buildings would be bound to the grid so you wouldn't be able to have "larger islands"
The dimensions of the island map is almost certainly parameterized in the engine, and not just a constant. It's bigger than 256 tiles, and definitely smaller than 32k. It's possible decoding the save file would allow you to modify the map size. It's something I might look at.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 am

Yeah, I figured the way in which a building/structure is fit to the terrain would be one of the obstacles, along with safari paths, etc. Decoding appears to be the only way - another step in reverse engineering JPOG.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:46 am

Glad the large carnivores are can be edited now, I'm very excited for the next binary release Cool
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:39 pm

If you're curious a brief bit of information is:
You can put 117 low security fence sections in a park, +6 more land tiles.  This gives 123 fence sections total, and each fence section is 2 tiles long (flatten tool)

The terrain data is stored in the *.s00 file.  It starts with two 32 bit LE integers that are the width and height of the following array of 32 bit LE floating points.  These values seem to always be 63.  This seems to indicate a compression algorithm, where every 4x4 section of tiles is reduced to a single floating point value, and later offsets are applied.  This makes even more sense when it is seen that the remaining values after this point fits perfectly for 16 bytes * 4 * 4 * 63 * 63.  I might do more research later.

Edit: The floating point value array at the beginning is definitely bin heights. Heightmap.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 pm

We can basically make most ceratopsian species now:
Pachyrhino (a rough draft like the coelo)
https://i.imgur.com/UMqopOm.png
https://i.imgur.com/F94oDX6.png

So there could be a future for map size editing?

Last edited by jaml655 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarifying model status)
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:02 am

Incredible ! Can we see it in-game ??
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Gabo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Wow! Really, to see that Pachyrhinosaurus, I have to say that this new tool is extremely incredible for the future of the modification of the game.

Almost 25 years of the existence of this franchise, and we still feel like that enchanted child to see those Brachiosaurus in the lake refreshing. Long live Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am

@jaml655
You might considering subdividing some of the edges near the front of that model (for example: the horns) For ease of texturing you may also want to look into UV unwrapping the head again so there is less texture distortion.
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am

Equinox can we see your models ? Indominus spinosaurus trex or other ? I really want to see your work
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 am

I spend most of my JPOG dedicated time working on the source code for this tool. When I release a new feature I'll probably make a model to showcase it, and when it is more complete I might start a requests thread. Until then if you want a specific model send me a PM with some reference material -- skeletal reconstructions, drawings, etc -- and I'll at the very least respond and I might model it.

Also, if you want to get in touch with me (with a quick response) feel free to use he discord channel I made for my JPOG-related projects. OpenJPOG
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm

@jpog2
Here & Size Comparison with Rex
No textures currently but it's fun watching them mess around in game

@equinox-
Thanks, it looks a bit better now
Also this tool is just too good to be true, equinox, guess what can be applied now (though it wasn't very simple)....
Quills
https://i.imgur.com/bKpx1V8.png
https://i.imgur.com/FGbAVj5.png
https://i.imgur.com/nEST9Y3.png
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:05 pm

That is fascinating!! I am impressed with the results of your experiments.
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 am

This is crazy man your JP3 raptor is beautiful !!! Thanks for the pics in game
I have a good pc i have the game i have blender but i don't know how to import the model with the tool ... is can someone can make a video to show how to do for export a model and re introduce it in the game ? Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:09 am

Sorry for the double post but equinox you should look this video it will show you how to add texture for a model. The example here is a spinosaurus model and i think it's blender
https://youtu.be/uj8o2Iy1oLs
Back to top Go down
fdinick
Hatchling
Hatchling
fdinick

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

I made a tutorial with pictures for WinXp
https://www.mediafire.com/download/93xgcbbxc323q59

But i dont know how i transform back to tmd and test changes... Some one can tell me.

TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Image38
Back to top Go down
equinox-
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am

Once I release the version with the new GUI I plan on writing an end to end tutorial for modifying a model. To get textures to should just have to enable texture exporting in the collada exporter blender provides, however you would still have to modify the .Tml files manually. The next release is likely to automate this.

The video @jpog2 posted does show the process of UV unwrapping a model starting at around 4 minutes in. To get good texture quality one heavily modified models creating a new UV map is a requirement.

The next release is probably going to come out this coming Friday, but no promises there. Would people prefer a video showing the entire process (including all the finicky modeling bits), or an image and text tutorial? Also, if anyone has suggestions on what I should create let me know. I've also considered live streaming the video as I record it; that would allow you to ask questions, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMD Model Processing Tool   TMD Model Processing Tool - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMD Model Processing Tool
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next