Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Speculate what the plot could be about

Go down 
+18
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
Island Queen
sdp
Sickle_Claw
Six-Foot Turkey
dance2nite
AJFU
Troyal1
Spinosaur4.4
The Geeky Zoologist
V.a.nublarensis
Aegyptiacus3
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
BoulderFaceplant
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 pm

OMG Mistral. This was beautiful.  Shocked You write so well. You got my attention since the start. I WANT THIS IN THE MOVIE. NOW.

I like to imagine Lockwood appearing like a good old grandpa like Hammond for Owen and Claire, until latter we find out he's a cold ambitious bastard who's still bitter with Hammond and all that. I want him just like that, a sinister and dark version of Hammond.

Then he betrays Claire and Owen latter when they get the dinosaurs, and then Lockwood finally reveals his true nature.

And I loved how he basically ignores Lucy and treats her coldly.  Twisted Evil

You should write a fanfic, ya know.  Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 pm

I think that is 50-50 combination of what I want, and what I actually expect to happen.

But yes thanks for the kinds of words Razz dunno about fanfic, but I do like writing long stories on my own. At least I used to. Would like to get back into it when I'm in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
OMG Mistral. This was beautiful.  Shocked You write so well. You got my attention since the start. I WANT THIS IN THE MOVIE. NOW.

I like to imagine Lockwood appearing like a good old grandpa like Hammond for Owen and Claire, until latter we find out he's a cold ambitious bastard who's still bitter with Hammond and all that. I want him just like that, a sinister and dark version of Hammond.

Then he betrays Claire and Owen latter when they get the dinosaurs, and then Lockwood finally reveals his true nature.

I loved it as well!!!! Especially the end a little details like The Alan Freaking Grant line.

Please make part 2!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I loved it as well!!!! Especially the end a little details like The Alan Freaking Grant line.

Please make part 2!!!

Lol maybe at some point yes, it's 5AM on May Day morning now and I'm bit tired lol!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Please make part 2!!!

Lol maybe at some point yes, it's 5AM on May Day morning now and I'm bit tired lol!

Please make it!!! You write really well!  Very Happy

Loved how cold Lockwood said he does the things in his own way. Man, I want that so bad.  Cool

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:23 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Please make part 2!!!

Please make it!!! You write really well!  Very Happy

Loved how cold Lockwood said he does the things in his own way. Man, I want that so bad.  Cool

Seriously. I can't wait for part 2. The writing is well enough that it could be better than the actual film(I hope not though).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Part 2

Mistral's "Dr Wu & Lockwood Setting-up Scenes"

With the background windows showing city landscape shining in midday sun, and soft piano music playing, Dr Wu and her daughter are having lunch at expensive looking, elegant restaurant. While conducting barely audible small talk Wu's phone suddenly starts ringing.
"Do you have to answer?" the daughter asks.
"I'm afraid so, I'm technically on the call here" Wu says and puts the phone by his ear.
"-- Yeah. -- Oh no, I'm -- Sorry, I'm just having lunch next door in the Ritz -- Well -- I can - I can be there in say, 25 minutes -- 15 - Okay --" he says to the phone and terminates the call.'
"Well that's that then", the daughter says.
"Check please" Wu yells to the waiter.
"We haven't even got to desert yet", his daughter says half serious.
"I'll make something this evening when I get off. I'm in creative mood with food these days" Wu promises and quickly starts finishing his dish.
"But that was THE boss?" the daughter asks.
"Yes, Benjamin is in hurry I think. He comes around very rarely these days"
"I think you said the same exact thing of him when I was little. Though I had trouble separating two Santa Clauses from one another whenever you talked about them to me or mom"
"Santa Claus. Yeah I guess that's how I used to describe them, more or less. Good old Santas..." Wu smiles. In the background window, thunder clouds start to appear in the horizon.

In black limo, with luxurious space all around him, Lockwood gets off his phone and sighs with frustration:
"Ritz. Figures". He immediately grabs the in-car phone and calls in.
"Emilio, we'll make detour to Oriental Garden." he says. There's some mumbling in the phone from the driver, who's behind black windows at the head of the car. Lockwood puts the phone down, takes bottle of scotch from small box in the door and pours himself liquor in the glass, almost to full. His wife sits at the opposite of him and watches with no emotion while he opens another door to small freezer, and grabs handful of ice to go with his scotch. He drinks it silently, closes his eyes and relaxes back. It starts to rain outside.
"You need me there?" his wife asks monotonously.
"Why would I?" he laughs sarcastically and drinks his scotch eyes closed.
"Well you'll need me at the airport and..."
"Bloody hell, that is public relations, entirely different" Lockwood sighs. Turning head to the left, he watches Lucy drawing something on small table next to him. Next to him relatively speaking that is, as there's at least two meters of empty seat between the two.
"It might take a while. Take Lucy to McDonalds, or... whatever. I'll call you back when I'm done, and we can continue on" he says.
"You know she won't go to McDonalds" his wife replies with mild smile, for the first time showing something other than blank face. But it's not smile of joy. Lockwood sighs.
"I don't mean literally, for gods sake, woman. Just take her wherever, spend the time. I'm just saying, it might take a while..."
"Sure" his wife nods and watches Lucy drawing.
The car seems to take a sharp turn and stop. Lockwood puts the now empty glass of skotch back, straightens his tie and opens the door. After he's left, Lucy for the first time turns her head up, and watches Lockwood walking away from the car in the rain.

Lockwood, wearing all-black business suit and all-black stylish long coat, walks away from the parking lot the limo is, into a busy street. With rain pounding down heavily, he arrives at a Chinese restaurant called "Oriental Garden". He hurries insides from the rain and looks around. There's only couple of customers, silently eating in the corner backwards to him. Behind the counter a man nods to him, and he nods back. He takes a seat, and starts waiting, drumming his fingers to the unclean table. Almost immeaditely Wu arrives from the door, with his daughter behind. Both of them look soaked wet, as they had not had umbrellas with them.
"Mr Lockwood... Benjamin" Wu says. Lockwood acts not to be surprised seeing the girl with him.
"Henry, we haven't seen for a while. I'm terribly sorry you had to hurry in like this with all that weather" he says with joyful voice and shakes his hand.
"And who's this lovely lady with you?"
"Oh right, my daughter [insert name]. We were just having lunch together. She has her car parked here nearby, and she just wanted to see the man he's heard so much about" Wu says.
"Is that so? Your old man has told some stories?" Lockwood says with big smile and looks at the girl. She shakes hands and smiles back.
"Well it's more about what you hear in the press." the girl says.
"Being person of public interest is not easy, I guarantee that. And unfortunately, the press has not been particularly kind to me lately" Lockwood replies.
"I also appreciate giving him the opportunity for working with you, essentially for the third time if you think about it, with these difficult circumstances" the girl continues.
"Think nothing of it" Lockwood smiles, ever so smiles. Wu smiles too. Everybody smiles.
Lockwood says: "But I'm afraid I have urgent business to attend to with your father now, hence this urgent call. I'm terribly sorry to shrug you off so quickly. But it was very nice meeting you, young lady. Hopefully we'll meet again at better time"
"Indeed" the girl says.
"I'll see you when I get off" Wu says to the daughter, and waves at her when she exits. Immediately after she's left, Lockwood's face changes to deadly serious grim and he says with highly annoyed tone in his voice: "Jesus Christ."
"What?" Wu says. Lockwood doesn't reply, but just starts walking towards the counter with Wu hurrying behind. The Chinese man at the counter moves away when the two of them go to the kitchen. The chefs inside just take a short look at them and immediately back to their cooking. Lockwood and Wu go past by the entire room in silence and exit by back to door, which leaves to medium sized courtyard, with filthy garbage bins and other trash lying in the ground.

They walk through this opening between the buildings, rain still pounding them, and enter a trashy looking warehouse building, that's locked by cheap Abloy lock. Lockwood gets the key and opens the door. After going inside, and continuing to walk through this dirty looking empty warehouse, Wu says:
"She was just curious, that's all"
"We have more important things to discuss than waste time with this nonsense"
"Of course" Wu says, looking down. They walk to another trashy looking door, go down two sets of stairs to another long corridor, and continue descending ever more into the underground.
"I'm sorry for the lunch outdoors, but I didn't think you'd come until..." Wu starts.
"The schedule has changed. The planned flight plan to Costa Rica got scrapped because my other plane is needed elsewhere, so I had to fast forward it to 5. And that means, the first leak is going down in one hour now.. The second one about me and those naive little busyheads at the airfield will also have to be hurried if it's to work out. We simply don't have time for f*cking lunches and chit chatting to your relatives" Lockwood fumes.
"Oh right so..."
"We need to get everything ready here for the next phase. Dodgson and his guerillas already handled some of it, and are in the middle of something even as we speak, but as usual I have to take care of the most of it. That little weasel. He's been in contact with you?"
"Not since last week, but..." Wu says.
"Well at least he does something right, as that's the direction I've been trying to steer him. It's better off of him to think I trust him more than I do you or anyone else."
"Is there a problem with Lewis?" Wu asks. Lockwood stops by an elevator and pushes the button, and turns to face him:
"What kind of question is that? Nobody in their right brain would trust him. He's only in this because of his connections and previous arrangements. I'm amazed you even tolerate the guy, considering everything."
"What do you mean?" Wu asks, perplexed.
"You truly are as clueless as those two I met the other day at my house. Drinking my lovely tea like Neanderthals" Lockwood says as the elevator comes. They step in and Wu takes a credit card looking thing out of his pocket, enabling the elevator controls to function. As they start descending, Lockwood says:
"You do know of Dodgson's past involvements? Jurassic Park?"
"Jurassic Park?"
"Christ, never mind. You'll learn of it eventually. Can't this f*cking thing go any faster?" Lockwood curses as he watches numbers very slowly going down on the elevator monitor.
"In any case, once this charade is done with, I'll get rid of him anyway, so it doesn't matter." he continues. Wu is starting to look somewhat anxious.
"What do you mean get rid of him? Like..."
"Like what?" Lockwood asks coldly. The two stare of each other in silence.
"Like..." Wu starts, but stops.
"What do you think I'm capable of? Some kind of monstrosities?"
"No I mean..."
"Shut up, you little bastard. The only reason you're here is because I saved you. You think anyone's going to hire you again after two failures at global institutes relying heavily on public relations? Dream on. No, no-one in the public sector will. You will only get work behind closed doors, but you and your scientific pride don't want that, do you?" Lockwood says like a hyena. The elevator stops at the lowest possible level, and Lockwood gets out, starting to pace on fast. Wu follows shakenly behind. They go through another security door and Lockwood puts out 6 digit security code. After going through the door, two security guards nod at them and go back to their monitors. As they arrive to this all-white, ultra modern lab complex, obviously hundreds of meters underground the city, Lockwood finally stops in the middle of the corridor.
"Look. Whether you were at fault in any stage does not matter. It's entirely irrelevant. The people high up in the food chain are always the first ones targeted. The same exact thing happened with me, and for that, we two are alike. Victims of our own success. But we are still men. And men still have to provide for our families. Which is why we do these things". Lockwood says and breathes in. Wu says nothing.
"Everything will be dealed with, I promise you. The media, the islands, the monsters, Dodgson, our situations... everything. We will have it all soon enough." Lockwood says and starts heading to Wu's office.
"C'mon, we haven't got all day to get everything done!" he yells from the distance. Wu still stands there, looking absent minded to the distance.

(to be continued in part 3)

Last edited by Mistral on Mon May 01, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Mistral, why you did that?  Sad

This was amazing and I got attached to it, but then I remember this is not going to happen. Doubt Wu has a daughter. Why Mistral, why? Now I want this to happen haha

I love how Lockwood is a cold bastard. Man, what a son of a bitch.  Twisted Evil

LMAO at "Drinking my lovely tea like Neanderthals".  Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

I like the idea of three layers of villains, with Lockwood, Dodgson and Wu each having different characteristics. And in my mind, both Lockwood and Dodgson attempt double crossing each other. Ultimately Dodgson loses when he's shot in betrayal, and Lockwood loses when his scam is revealed to the public. Wu ultimately understands he's working for monsters and becoming one himself at the process, particularly with his daughter back in mind mistakenly thinking he's this noble man working for noble cause, but by then it's too late
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
I like the idea of three layers of villains, with Lockwood, Dodgson and Wu each having different characteristics. And in my mind, both Lockwood and Dodgson attempt double crossing each other. Wu ultimately understands he's working for monsters, particularly with his daughter back in mind thinking he's this noble man working for noble cause, but by then it's too late
I don't think that Wu has a daughter at this point, but it would be interesting either way to see him get to know that he's working for a son of a bitch like Lockwood.

I do think we'll get only 2 antagonists in this movie: Lockwood and Wu. Lockwood is basically this, that cold bastard who doesn't care about anything else except his objectives. I want him exactly like you put him in your post. 

Wu on the other hand won't be someone evil but instead too foccused on his work/science to see what's happening outside. I think he'll have his own reasons and motives in working with Lockwood, and I don't doubt we'll see a scene where he questions Lockwood and disagrees with something he's doing. A scene like in the novel, but instead with Lockwood. I want Wu to be more than just a guy who works under orders, I want him to have his own views about InGen, the dinosaurs, Hammond and so on. I want him with a strong personality. And maybe in this movie he get's to see he went too far, since I think the "chaos" will be very close to him this time. It's not Malcolm's moralist rants that will make him change but when he sees the real consequences of his actions right in front of him.

It'll be very interesting to see those 2 interact because they are both extremally important and were the pilars of JP and InGen with Hammond. They are the connections to JP and everything that has been happening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Part 3

Mistral's "Inspection Scene"

"Lewis Dodgson" says a man introducing himself to Owen and Claire, without offering his hand. They stand in entrance of huge industrial looking warehouse, with people working all around and trucks being packed.
"Grady and Dearing" Owen says. He inspects the man's rather casual clothes consisting of shorts and worn out Hawaiian shirt. Which is not particularly inviting looking when mixed with his seemingly 60 year old body. Dodgson replies:
"Oh, so you're not married or...? I thought I heard..."
"It's a long story" Claire interrupts.
"Anyway, I thought we would meet mr Lockwood here? Is he coming?"
"Unfortunately he had previous commitments, stuff to do. But I think he will see you at the plane later on, before you, you know, take off." Dodgson says.
"Oh" Claire says in surprise.
"But uhm, you were informed about the plane taking off at 5 already?"
"Yeah, he called in the morning. At 6:30 or something? I guess the rich live in different time zones" Owen says.
"Yeah, yeah..." Dodgson says absent minded and looks around, somewhat uncomfortably.
"So... you want to show the enterprise you have here?" Claire asks.
"Oh well yes... yes of course, come with me." Dodgson says. They head inside the warehouse.
"So as you might have already guessed, by what mr Lockwood probably, probably you know told you, there are essentially two parts to this expedition. Ehm, there's group A, which you and I part of, with the aim to arrive to Nublar via, ehm, copters and planes from mainland Costa Rica. In a way, I believe, the same way the InGen team prepared to transport animals off from Isla Sorna, in 1997, I think"
"Okay" Claire says. She notices Owen had started to take closer look and inspection to the equipment various men were preparing all around them. He was dropping off from their pace, as Dodgson seemed to walk forward in relatively fast pace, while talking in fast fashion:
"Then group B, will leave from the US mainland, with ships. Because the harbor at Nublar is in, you know seemingly, pretty bad shape from the pictures we've seen, we really don't want to have the ships staying too long at the sea there. So they will come quite bit later there than we, hopefully... hopefully by the time we are ready to ship the animals for the another island. To Isla Sorna"
"Right" Claire says.
"Then, the way we plan to actually do the initial... --" Dodgson continues, with the sound of his voice slowly fading as he and Claire walk in the distance.

In the middle of going through the equipment, Owen notices pair of thick glasses on the table, almost like ski glasses. He takes a look at the open trunk of the vehicle next to them, which is full of the same items. Curious, he asks one of the men working with the car:
"What the hell are these supposed to be? Are we going diving or something?"
Man packing the car takes a brief look at him and says: "For the Dilos"
"Dilos? Dilophosaurus?"
"Yes. The venom can be pretty bad"
"But... but there are none of those at Nublar alive, they were discontinued years ago by Masrani's orders." Owen says, baffled. The men around the car take a look to each other, then back at Owen. Nobody says anything. Evidently Dodgson had noticed this little incident however, as he and Claire approach him.
"Is there a... problem here?" Dodgson asks.
"Your men says there are Dilos on the island, but I'm pretty damn sure there aren't, unless they can hatch and breed out of thin air" Owen says. Dodgson looks at the men around the car, who quickly start working again. He then says:
"Well, I believe mr Lockwood has information that there are such animals on this island."
"He does?" Owen says.
"And some of my men here, you know, did work at Jurassic World after all, they have the experience" Dodgson explained.
"They have the experience? How can they know something I don't? I was literally an employee there, charge of quite few species"
"Well, you didn't know about the Indominus before I told you about it at the very last minute..." Claire reminds Owen, with forced smile. Owen looks at her and shrugs dismissively.
"Ehh, does any of this really matter? It's only for the better that we are well prepared for the journey, is it not?" Dodgson says. Owen looks at both of them, then nods slowly.
"Anyway, as I was saying..." Dodgson continues talking to Claire, and they start walking away again. Owen takes one more look to the men, then follows them.

In the car, driving out from the warehouse complex, Claire says from driver's seat:
"They look better prepared than I thought"
"That's what worries me" Owen says thoughtfully. Claire turns to look at him.
"What? That makes like no sense. And you mister, you weren't even listening to half of what the man, that Lewis guy said."
"Lewis guy. Yeah he wasn't worrisome either"
"Well okay he was bit dodgy, but why wouldn't he be, going off to mission like this. In any case, how can you be worried if you weren't even paing attention to what he said?"
"I was... to different things." Owen says.
"What, the Dilophosaurus thing? What does that matter?"
"Well, yes, that too, but the whole organization they had there. It was too well prepared"
"What?
"They had worn out equipment that's clearly seen action in rough circumstances already, but not in negative way. Everything preparation wise was pitch perfect by the look of things, like they had read my mind how to go do this. I had at least expected to, you know yell them at how wrong they were doing this, but..."
"How is any of that worrisome?" Claire asks.
"It's a hunch."
"A hunch... I see" Claire repeated.
"What?" Owen says. He starts fiddling with the car navigator and putting in address.
"Nothing... and we don't need that" Claire says.
"100 meters and then turn left" the car navigator interrupts, and Claire immediately turns it off. Before Owen has time to react, Claire half-yells:
"I know the way there!"
"To random private airfield?"
"You know you might have forgotten already, but I literally was PR representative for multi billion dollar theme park. I often took off from there with Simon..."
"Well you're rather sassy today" Owen declares with mild smile.
"You've gotta to be when your ride-along partner is talking about worrisome hunches when we are going to the worst place on the planet."
"You wanted to go more than me remember? And the place, it wasn't all bad now that I think of it... my bungalow might still be intact. That could be our camp zero"
"Dream on" Claire declares as they drive out of the city.

Last edited by Mistral on Mon May 01, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Yep, we need a fanfic of this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Well I don't know about that, but I have at least additional 1 or 2 parts still in pipeline, to round off these initial set-up sequences as well as have introduction of Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:11 pm

OMG I want to see it so bad  Shocked

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:19 pm

The Malcolm intro? It's probably not as exciting as you think it might be, since for him I want very mundane setting, you know something you probably would imagine him doing in his every day life. Something boring, but realistic. And then the larger story comes to interrupt it, whether he wants it or not
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Holy sh*t two more parts!!! I'm about to lay down and read this. Will update with thoughts
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:03 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral, why you did that?  Sad

This was amazing and I got attached to it, but then I remember this is not going to happen. Doubt Wu has a daughter. Why Mistral, why? Now I want this to happen haha

I love how Lockwood is a cold bastard. Man, what a son of a bitch.  Twisted Evil

LMAO at "Drinking my lovely tea like Neanderthals".  Laughing

I know this is amazing!!! 

I love how the Dilo is being hinted at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:53 am

This is probably the last one.

Part 4

Mistral's "The Reveal Scenes"

As morning sun lights the university campus grounds, Ian Malcolm is walking towards the entrance of the main building, yawning as he goes. He's carrying suitcase full of papers, which he continues to browse as he walks forward. He's wearing a black cloak and trousers, but white collar shirt, untypically for him. As he enters the university entrance, a greasy looking janitor yells at him:
”Still in the neighborhood, old fart?”
”As ever, as ever...” Malcolm says.
”Ever planning to graduate out of this cursed place?”
”Quicker than you, that would be my theory!” Malcolm says, and turns his back at him, starting to walk away.
”Awwww Fiddlesticks!” the janitor yells, going back to his chores.
”Sarah will be glad to know you've retained your juvenile mind!”
”At least she and me are getting our hands dirty!” the voice of the janitor echoes in the hallway. Malcolm dismissively waves hand at his direction and laughs. Few students witnessing the scene also laugh among themselves.

As Malcolm steps into employee-only break room, middle aged woman cleaning his mug turns and says with delight:
”Oh hi Ian”
Malcolm nods, smiling, and heads to the coffee maker.
”Really, I mean really? Nothing left, not even half a cup? I only come here once couple of months, and can't even get some coffee for my troubles?” he says with a serious voice. Then they both laugh a bit at the same time.
”There is the machine in the hallway you know. The students tolerate it, I think” the woman laughs.
”My dad's socks smell better than the poison coming out of that thing” Malcolm sighs.
”Well you know we would've left you a cup, like we always do, but we  weren't sure you were actually coming today, and...”.
”I still have lecture in couple of minutes, don't I? They wouldn't cancel it?” Malcolm says and looks at the notice board on the wall.
”What's the point of being sellout mathematician, if I can't even get anyone to come to my listen to my sellout speeches...” he says jokingly, inspecting the board. The woman behind him is starting to lo look a bit confused.
”Well, no, but, you know, considering, you know, the situation? Some of us just...”
”What?”
”I mean, with that whole ordeal, I thought...”
”The whole ordeal with my class?” Malcolm turns around. He now notices the surprised look on her face.
”Hasn't anyone called you or something?” she says.
”Have I won the lottery? Did... did someone I know die?” Malcolm says alarmed and grabs his phone from the pocket.
”No... nothing like that... well, kind of... soon... but... so... you don't really know then? Like at all?” she says.
”Know what?” Malcolm says as he waits for the phone to turn on.
”You don't keep your phone open? Since like, yesterday evening or whatever?” the woman asks.
”Not when I have lecture AND book to finalize. Interruptions can be... chaotic...” he says, voice fading. In the screen of the phone, there are 127 new messages. He scratches his head and starts pacing around the room.
”Yeah I'd figured they'd try to contact you, because you know you were... involved and stuff...” she says.
”Who are these people?”
”I assume the, like, news people and... you know?”
”What the hell is going in here?” Malcolm finally raises his voice.
”Lack of coffee really does seem to make you grumpy”, the woman says and looks at the clock.
”Look, I have class to attend to, but I'll advice Janice to announce that your lecture will be delayed by couple of minutes, right? Right?”
”Mmhmh...” Malcolm says, still looking at his phone. The woman looks at him, walks over to TV, turns on [insert TV station], awkwardly smiles at him and walks out of the room with papers on her hands. Malcolm raises his head to face the television.

On the screen, there are stock videos of Jurassic World and other newsreels going on, with someone saying in the background: ”-- which in a way is quite unprecedented for the age we are living, let me tell you. But I think this great support so far, you know our campaign that seemed to burst out of nowhere last evening and onward into the night and morning, has been overwhelmingly positive sign of people's will to stand against the power. I also think a representative from Twitter said they've never had such huge influx of tweets in so little time, literally the social medida almost broke apart last night. And I mean, there are also naysayers, but there always are, and we shouldn't listen at them. That's my viewpoint”
The screen turns into newsreader on studio saying: ”You heard from the spokesman for "Save the Dinosaurs" campaign there. We will hear from the rivaling campaign manager presenting the opposite viewpoint to this in the 9:30 news, so stay tuned for that. And if you're just turning in, the big news we've been discussing here is the leaked documents revealing the governmental plans for the destruction of Isla Nublar, the former site of dinosaur park Jurassic World, as well as it's predecessor Jurassic Park. So far, we have not had any authority officially confirming or denying of the alleged plans, but there appears to be strong evidence for their existence. Yesterday, [insert TV station] News also learned that Benjamin Lockwood, the former investor and partner at both of the discontinued parks at Isla Nublar, was not going to stand by in silence. Our correspondent [insert name here] has more.”

Now on the screen, a reporter is seen standing in empty looking airfield. She says: ”Yesterday evening, our camera crews were hinted at something quite special happening in this little airfield, 15 miles off from [insert city name here]. Just before the private plane of Benjamin Lockwood was trying to take off, our crew arrived at the scene and requested small audience. As mr Lockwood seemed to realize that the news about this special secret expedition, as well as the government's plot to destroy the animals had already leaked, he was not overly hesitant to hand us exclusive interview, as well as shed light to the situation. Here's excerpt of what he had to say yesterday, here at this very place.”
Lockwood, with his wife and small girl standing next to him in the rain, appears on frame. He says: ”These men, these boneless men in the government, think they can simply get rid of such beautiful creatures, by bombing them to pieces in cold blood, without moment's remorse. They think they are just products, property that can be disposed like any commercial item. But I'm not going to stand by, and let them crush the memory of John Hammond - my beloved business partner, and dear friend. I will try to save the animals. And if the government, or whoever else tries to stand against me... I hope they see common sense. We have another dinosaur island, Isla Sorna that's protected by UN and several other parties. That should be the case with Nublar as well. That is my hope. And as for the plan itself I have here, that is obviously something I cannot elaborate further in public, in fear of it leading to unneeded complications. Of course with this leak letting out, it is likely that it's harder than it was before, but I will face the wind, and so will my team of experts. Let me assure you, the dinosaurs are animals like any other. They will not be slaughtered, as long as I live.”

On screen, the reporter continues: ”Also here were two former employees of Jurassic World, now part of expert team being sent to Costa Rica to deal with the situation. Owen Grady, former animal expert, as well as public relations correspondent Claire Dearing were preparing to leave for the island. This is what they had to say as they were about to start on this dangerous journey:”
Claire is seen on screen, standing awkwardly next to the stairs leading to the small private jet, saying: ”Well I think what he is doing is rather wonderful, I mean from the animal rights perspective, and what the people trying to do to the animals is not so wonderful, you know?”
The interviewer's voice says: ”But aren't you scared of going to the island again? That is presumably what you are intending to do?”
Claire responds: ”Well, it is quite scary yes, but... we've done it before and... and...”
Owen starts talking and the camera turns into him: ”Yeah, yeah. We are not worried...”

Malcolm shuts down the TV and stares at the empty screen for a moment. Then, he grabs his suitcase, exits the door, walks through the corridor and opens the auditorium door. Students, most noisily discussing among themselves, slowly silence as they notice him arriving. Malcolm briefly looks at them and starts to unpack his suitcase and papers.
”Excuse for me being so late, I'm very sorry... oh uhm..” he mumbles, searching for microphone. He awkwardly puts it on and says:
”That better? Okay so yeah, we'll get started right away as I get everything prepared here... once again I'm sorry for this, bit of unprofessional start here, but we'll be soon on our way” he's saying, typing something to the computer. The auditorium is dead silent, despite hundreds of people looking down at him.
”The projector? Janice, or Gordon, they didn't set up the projector?” he says clumsily, half to himself, trying to get the thing working. The whole scene is more awkward than funny.
”Are they really going to kill all the dinosaurs?” someone from the front row asks with serious voice.
”What?” Malcolm raises his head, stopping trying to make things work.
”The dinosaurs, at that park that got ruined, they will be bombed right?”
”Oh, I don't know... You've seen the news, it looks like it...” Malcolm shrugs as his voice fades. He looks absent minded and the microphone crackles. He starts typing  with the PC again.
”Weren't you always opposite to having the animals there too, in those interviews? After you survived the incidents?” someone else asks.
”I've got to say, I believe that's discussion for table talk and whatnot, not for this lecture. In fact, the topic for today that I'm here to actually, uhh, discuss with you, is the examination... the examination of chaos in plasma systems and vibrating plates.” Malcolm says, and finally gets the projector working. He continues, starting to get control of his motions and speech back:
”A very fascinating, fascinating subject. In the next 3 hours, we will go through the basics of said plasma systems and vibrating plates, as well see how the theory will model unexplored cases, and stimulate new applications. Hidden attractors, stability theory and Lyapunov exponents are also something we will discuss along the way. But first I'd like to...”
”Excuse me, but are you going to do something about it?” someone says again, standing up.
”About what?” Malcolm says annoyed. Several people in the audience start making noises.
”Well you know, the dinosaurs?" the student says.
”What is there to do?"
The student lowers back to sitting on her chair. Malcolm says:
"And by the way, everyone here should already know that the university tradition is to wait until the end of the lecture for possible questions. Thank you”
The volume in the auditorium goes down again.
”Right. So, plasma systems and vibrating plates...”
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 1:24 pm

OMG Malcolm is really bad in giving lectures, and why not, very rude with people.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 1:26 pm

He was bit absent minded Smile and yes students too lol
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 1:41 pm

I think the ending is gonna show how Dinosaurs have escaped from the mansion into the surrounding areas. Then the third film (or sixth) will be about how the Dinosaurs are laying eggs and populating forests and parks etc and they'll have to stop them from screwing with the ecosystem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Mmh, if I had to guess, there probably will be some kind of cliffhanger / lead-up-to-JP6-setting-up instead of traditional ending.
Back to top Go down
AJFU
Embryo
Embryo
AJFU

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:26 am

I speculate that part of the story will involve a company (perhaps Biosyn) acquiring Isla Nublar and taking dinosaurs off of the island for their own uses. The idea of Biosyn taking over the island after an incident occurred there was previously used for Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues, which might explain why Trevorrow was apparently researching the game back in January 2014 ( https://mobile.twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/421057846633975808 ), even though the Jurassic World script had already been finished four months earlier.

Anyway, here is my full speculative storyline:

During the early years of InGen, Benjamin Lockwood and Hammond have disagreements on the best way to utilize the dinosaurs. Lockwood is banished from InGen, and either joins Biosyn or forms the company himself, which would provide an explanation for how Dodgson knew of Jurassic Park.

Two decades later, the Jurassic World incident occurs, and Owen and Claire face intense questioning about the events there. Sometime later, there is the threat of a volcanic eruption on Isla Nublar, with dinosaur-rights activists wanting to save the dinosaurs, leading to much debate about what to do.  Meanwhile, there are countries (especially Costa Rica) that would prefer to let the island destroy itself, rather than spend the time and money to relocate the dangerous animals. Since Malcolm predicted the Jurassic Park incident (and probably the eventual disaster at Jurassic World), he would be consulted by government officials regarding the best course of action. After some debate, Lockwood and Biosyn get involved so that they can finally get their hands on those dinosaurs. Biosyn promises to relocate the animals to Isla Sorna (or maybe one of the nearby islands), and Costa Rica approves the idea due to pressure from the dinosaur activists. Dodgson would oversee the roundup operation, with help from his associates, Howard King and George Baselton. Imagine a herd of Gallimimus being chased down the remains of Jurassic World's Main Street by Biosyn’s team. Ideally, parts of the old park would also be featured.

Owen would probably be part of this mission so he can oversee the capture of Blue, since he is a raptor expert, and Claire will likely join Owen on the trip to Nublar. We would find out that Biosyn is actually taking at least some of the animals to a secret lab facility somewhere (probably on the Central American mainland) to reverse engineer them so they can make more dinosaurs, perhaps for medical testing, or to sell as pets, or to open their own dinosaur hunting range for wealthy customers, or all of the above (as Dodgson said in the second novel, “We can do anything we want with them”). Biosyn’s transfer of the animals to Sorna would probably be monitored by local military helicopters and ships, and maybe even televised (like the T. rex from San Diego), so it certainly won’t be easy implementing their plan. Maybe we would find out that Biosyn has made a secret deal with some corrupt Costa Rican politicians and military officials to somehow dupe the world into believing that the animals were transferred to Sorna. Maybe they would send some dinosaurs to Sorna on board a few cargo ships, with helicopters and camera crews to monitor and film the transfer. Then they would transfer their own set of dinosaurs to their headquarters when it’s safe to do so without getting caught. Somehow, Owen learns of Biosyn’s scheme and is then kidnapped by them so he cannot reveal their plans. But they don’t kill him, because they know his skills as a raptor trainer will come in handy for capturing Blue so they can add her to their collection (if they haven’t already gotten her).

Simultaneously, there is another company with dinosaur DNA: the one that got Wu off of Nublar after the second incident (since Wu already has embryos, it seems to make sense that it’s a separate company [Biosyn] or group that is taking the animals off the island, since they don’t have DNA like Wu does). This could mean some kind of rivalry between the two companies, with the second company forcing Wu to continue making deadly dinosaurs that could be weaponized and then sold. To wipe out the competition, maybe the company that Wu works for would unleash some raptors that kill off Biosyn’s top scientists, as both an act of deadly corporate sabotage and as a demonstration to potential buyers of the dinosaurs’ lethality.

I’m not sure where the submarine fits into the story, but I theorize that Owen is on board it, since he used to be in the Navy and Pratt has filmed underwater scenes. Maybe the submarine would be used to find out what Biosyn is up to, by secretly approaching their suspected headquarters, which perhaps might be located on a nearby island (maybe one of the Five Deaths). Then Biosyn would spot the submarine and unleash a Baryonyx to take it down.

A slightly alternate storyline: maybe Lockwood is not involved with Biosyn and is actually the head of the company that kidnapped Wu. This could be very interesting, since they presumably would have known each other in the ‘80s when the technology was being developed. Otherwise, the story would basically be the same as described above: Lockwood and his company have Wu and the embryos, while Biosyn has Nublar and is taking the animals off the island.

Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues also features a volcano, which Biosyn (after being defeated ) activates with bombs in an attempt to destroy the island. For the film, maybe Biosyn is the one who sets off the volcano in the first place, all part of their grand scheme (they need a good excuse to take dinosaurs off the island).

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Im thinking that AFJU might have it right. Only the twist is that the volcano is the reason for the evacuation given, and then during the removal of dinosaurs, a mole on the team could activate the bombs to falsely create a sense of urgency and ensure that the rest of the dinosaurs are destroyed.

And yeah I do think some will go to Sorna to make it seem legit, and the other go to the 'auction' as indicated by the 'auction guest' credit on imdb.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 am

Going by Colin's recent comments about their being a big action sequence in the middle of the film & then the second half of the film will be more suspenseful, I think the film will play into two half's :

First half will mostly be focused on organising the rescue mission on Nublar, introducing new & old characters & the rescue mission itself of the Dinos where the main action of the film will take place before a shift of events in Lockwood's favour once the Dinos are captured.

The second half will mostly take place at the Lockwood manor when most of the film's characters will come together to confront & side with Lockwood. I speculate the rumored big event set to take place is a Dinosaur Auction for the wealthy in which something will go horribly wrong & then they escape into the neighbouring forests surrounding the property. Now the new Epoch will begin & the start of a Jurassic World once again.

The End... Razz
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Like dance2nite said above:

Act 1 - Setting up the volcanic eruption and campaigns to save the helpless Dinosaurs.

Act 2 - The team including Owen and Claire somehow going to Isla Nublar to save the Dinosaurs.

Act 3 - The Dinosaurs have been brought to the manor and somehow escape.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:53 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Going by Colin's recent comments about their being a big action sequence in the middle of the film & then the second half of the film will be more suspenseful, I think the film will play into two half's :

First half will mostly be focused on organising the rescue mission on Nublar, introducing new & old characters & the rescue mission itself of the Dinos where the main action of the film will take place before a shift of events in Lockwood's favour once the Dinos are captured.

The second half will mostly take place at the Lockwood manor when most of the film's characters will come together to confront & side with Lockwood. I speculate the rumored big event set to take place is a Dinosaur Auction for the wealthy in which something will go horribly wrong & then they escape into the neighbouring forests surrounding the property. Now the new Epoch will begin & the start of a Jurassic World once again.

The End... Razz

Yeah the dino auction is definitely happening I think. The volcano explosion will take place in middle, and the characters will believe its over...but then something will happen and the explosion will be revealed to be sabotage and someone will betray the team by leading pirates to take over one of the boats. (a imdb listing labeled mercenaries) Yeah. I do think that Lockwood will die in the end too if he is truly behind this and wouldn't be surprised if Wu escapes again.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

The End... Razz

Yeah the dino auction is definitely happening I think. The volcano explosion will take place in middle, and the characters will believe its over...but then something will happen and the explosion will be revealed to be sabotage and someone will betray the team by leading pirates to take over one of the boats. (a imdb listing labeled mercenaries) Yeah. I do think that Lockwood will die in the end too if he is truly behind this and wouldn't be surprised if Wu escapes again.

I feel like Daniella Pineda is gonna be the traitor among them.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

The End... Razz

Me too. if you notice some of the peoples instagram things, it seems for hawaii scenes she is not shooting same days as Claire/Owen which makes me think she gets 'separated' from them during a dino encounter and then they dont find her until later and she gives a kind of suspicious excuse for it.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

The End... Razz

Me too. if you notice some of the peoples instagram things, it seems for hawaii scenes she is not shooting same days as Claire/Owen which makes me think she gets 'separated' from them during a dino encounter and then they dont find her until later and she gives a kind of suspicious excuse for it.

Unless Claire and Owen are their own separate team and Daniella is part of another team similar to TLW. Maybe lead by Ted Levine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculate what the plot could be about   Speculate what the plot could be about - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculate what the plot could be about
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next