Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+3
Spinosaur4.4
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
7 posters

Favorite action sequence?
Opening Mosa - Rexy scene
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap28%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Baryonyx in the tunnel scene
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap4%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Volcano stampede sequence (with Carnotaurus scenes)
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap12%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Gyrosphere underwater tracking shot
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap12%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
T-Rex blood transfusion scene
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Stiggy headbutting everyone at the auction
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap8%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Indoraptor vs Wheatley/Eversol
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap8%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Indoraptor in the museum
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap20%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Indoraptor vs Blue sequence (from bedroom to roof)
 8% [ 2 ]
T-Rex vs Carnotaurus eating Mills
Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Back

AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:10 am

What's your favorite action sequence from Fallen Kingdom?

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 am

Every one of the action sequences in this movie was great but I voted for the volcano stampede sequence (personally I consider that, the baryonyx attack and the underwater tracking shot as one big action sequence as they all happen one after the other with no break). From the moment Owen wakes up next to the lava (which was hilarious) to the moment they are on the beach, it was just none stop action that kept elevating. Seeing the stampede of all the different types of dinosaurs running from the volcano while Owen, Claire and Franklin were caught in the middle was some of the best dinosaur action in the series. I loved the shot of them hiding behind the log while the dinosaurs broke the ends off until eventually it was completely destroyed. It was like the JP gallimimus scene on steroids. I loved how the stakes kept escalating. Like the Carnotaurus was fighting the Sinoceratops before being taken out by Rexy, and then Rexy's roar was interrupted by the volcano which made him knock the gyrosphere down the hill. And then Owen looks back and just sees total chaos with all the dinosaurs and the pyroclastic flow coming towards him. The whole thing was just beautifully shot and the CGI was great.

The tracking shot in the gyrsophere was amazing too and very tense. I loved that you could see all the dinosaurs trying to swim in the background. I'm a big fan of tracking shots so love scenes like this.

Every action scene with the Indoraptor was great too. The Indoraptor is one of my favourite JP dinosaurs, it's much better designed than the Indominus in my opinion and the CGI was flawless. It reminded me of the dinosaur equivalent of a werewolf. The scenes of it stalking them were beautifully shot and rival the JP kitchen scene for tension. The fight with Blue was great too. I love the shot where the lightning flash reveals Blue climbing back up onto the roof, before it attacks the Indoraptor in that amazing slow motion shot.

Stiggy's scene was great too, I love that short tracking shot of him running through the crowd taking people out while the Indoraptor just watches with popcorn from his cage.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 am

Agree with basically everything you said.
I would also add the opening sequence as one of the very best not only of Fallen Kingdom but of the entire franchise.

The way it slowly creates tension from 3 different points of view (submarine, yellow coat guy, helicopter guys) is amazing. What about the use of light and darkness?
The lightning first showing the Mosasaurus silhouette in the water, then the foliage being moved by something, leading to the Mosasaurus appearing behind the submarine right after the lights go off, and finally the lightning showing the T-Rex behind the yellow coat guy just for a fraction of a second, all with the fantastic music by Giacchino... Really masterful.
Then of course the rest of the scene, so action-packed and gorgeous to watch, culminating with that fantastic-looking logo reveal.

First time I watched Fallen Kingdom I was so blown away about that scene that I thought "No matter how the film goes on by this point, that opening sequence alone was worth the ticket price" lol
Luckily for me, I enjoyed the hell out of the whole movie anyway.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:24 am

owenpratt wrote:
Agree with basically everything you said.
I would also add the opening sequence as one of the very best not only of Fallen Kingdom but of the entire franchise.

The way it slowly creates tension from 3 different points of view (submarine, yellow coat guy, helicopter guys) is amazing. What about the use of light and darkness?
The lightning first showing the Mosasaurus silhouette in the water, then the foliage being moved by something, leading to the Mosasaurus appearing behind the submarine right after the lights go off, and finally the lightning showing the T-Rex behind the yellow coat guy just for a fraction of a second, all with the fantastic music by Giacchino... Really masterful.
Then of course the rest of the scene, so action-packed and gorgeous to watch, culminating with that fantastic-looking logo reveal.

First time I watched Fallen Kingdom I was so blown away about that scene that I thought "No matter how the film goes on by this point, that opening sequence alone was worth the ticket price" lol
Luckily for me, I enjoyed the hell out of the whole movie anyway.

Yeah the opening was great too, probably the best opening to a Jurassic movie. The lightning revealing the T-Rex while the guy was facing the other way was genius.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 am

Anything with Indoraptor and Baryonyx. Can't decide.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:31 am

I think enough has been said about how brilliant the opening sequence was, so I won't elaborate on that one further.

While I agree that everything from the Baryonyx tunnel scene to the underwater gyrosphere tracking shot is one giant action sequence, the tunnel scene didn't do all that much for me. It's fine, but it feels lacking in atmosphere and is somewhat ruined by the dialogue. The stampede and the gyrosphere scenes are brilliant, though. That's one sequence I'd rewatch all the time.

The poll didn't mention the beach escape scene, which while not iconic, is still fun to watch and better than the Baryonyx tunnel scene. I personally don't consider the T-Rex blood transfusion scene as an action scene, but it was very thrilling too.

The auction being wrecked by the Stygi is something I didn't expect to see. It was thrilling, and also contained the first human-on-human action scene in the series, which was done very well. There's a shot of Owen beating up some goons and you can see the Indoraptor following his movements, which was done brilliantly.

Wheatley basically letting the Indoraptor out is also underrated. People complain about how stupid Wheatley was, but the scene makes perfect sense when you consider that Wheatley wouldn't expect the Indoraptor to be smart enough to play sleep. It's a simple and logical demonstration of the Indoraptor's intelligence and not as convoluted compared to the I-Rex breakout.

The chase that ensues throughout the manor kept my heart racing, even on a rewatch. Brilliantly paced and more climatic than some might think. The tension escalates consistently as the film climaxes.

Rexy eating Mills was a good misdirection. It shows us the Carnotaurus in the background, then Rexy swoops in, and the Carno still manages to make a run to grab a piece of Mills.
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 12:45 am

The opening scene is genuinely creepy, awesome, and suspenseful. Easily the best one in the series so far.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 am

The opening sequence was obviously the best sequence of the whole film, so I won't include it.

- I enjoyed Wheatley's rather gruesome death, smiling Indoraptor and all xD

- The scene in which the Stygi wrecks the auction and Owen goes all terminator on everyone was actually a really great, well choreographed action sequence.

- Rexy absolutely destroying Mills was a thing of beauty.

Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Rexy eating Mills was a good misdirection. It shows us the Carnotaurus in the background, then Rexy swoops in, and the Carno still manages to make a run to grab a piece of Mills.

Actually, it went even further with the misdirection. When Eli Mills gets out from under the SUV, there's a group of compies on it, so I was starting to think that he'd go out ala Dieter Stark (granted there were only three or four), THEN the Carnotaurus comes out, and that's when our pal Rexy swoops in and wrecks Mills.

I actually jumped a little when Rexy bursts in.

While not really an action sequence, Owen trying to..."noodle" away from the lava flow while half-paralyzed was really tense for me.

Also is it just me or did the eruption not seem as "bad" as what the DPG made it seem? We see parts of the mountain get blown out, and the aerial shot shows several lava flows, but I was expecting to see a big final eruption.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)   Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best action sequence of the film (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1