Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion

Go down 
+2
Tyrant Lizard
AdamUpBxtch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AdamUpBxtch
Embryo
Embryo
AdamUpBxtch

How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Empty
PostSubject: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 4:41 pm

A lot of people were pretty irritated that Malcolm was shown in the trailers for Fallen Kingdom but then only had one scene in the film. Honestly I already figured that one scene in the trailer was gonna be his only scene because I could not see him going back to Nublar to save the Dinosaurs. He says they should all die in the one scene he's in, BUT things have changed going into Dominion. With the dinosaurs invading the mainland it actually sets up the 3 OGs having much bigger roles than just straight cameos.

Alan declines to help after his past two traumatic experiences wanting to just be left alone with his bones then BOOM dinosaurs invade his dig site. I can picture it now.

I will not lie I was not a fan of FK overall but it did plant the seeds for the movie I've always wanted. I'm just hoping they don't mess it up.

How do ya guys think the 3 original characters will fit in to the new film?

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 1:07 pm

There's part of me that worries they'll just be shoved into the film as a form of fan service, rather than having a natural introduction to the story that stays true to the characters. What I don't want to see is them being forced into generic "action character" roles. I

Hopefully, they'll remain skeptical of "saving the dinosaurs", as they all have experience dealing with these animals and understand the consequences of allowing them to roam unchecked. I'm hoping we get a debate scene between Claire and Malcolm, seeing as they represent opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what should be done with the dinosaurs, with Claire arguing for their right to live and Malcolm warning her of the potential consequences of that mindset.

I honestly have no clue how Ellie and Alan fit into all of this. Just, for the love of god, don't turn them into generic action heroes.

How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 2:29 pm

According to a possible story leak Grant and Ellie may be

Spoiler:

which sounds perfectly fine to me.

Malcolm, I have no idea, but I suspect Owen/Claire/Grant/Ellie/Maise will be the A-story while Malcolm will be the B-story (possibly providing back-up for the others?)

Grant's arc in JP3 is rather muddled but I believe his conversation with Eric on the barge might have helped remind him of his appreciation for living dinosaurs, so he'd be less down on them than Malcolm?

Having dinosaurs on the mainland certainly makes getting the original cast more involved easier as opposed to having them in an isolated location again.

Last edited by Robotpo on Mon May 18, 2020 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 7:05 am

Can i ask, where did you read that Robotpo?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:33 pm

It was on here a few months back, someone found a synopsis on an official Universal website which was subsequently removed.
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Ah i see. Do you know where i can find it now? Do you have a copy?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 12:05 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There's part of me that worries they'll just be shoved into the film as a form of fan service, rather than having a natural introduction to the story that stays true to the characters. What I don't want to see is them being forced into generic "action character" roles. I

Hopefully, they'll remain skeptical of "saving the dinosaurs", as they all have experience dealing with these animals and understand the consequences of allowing them to roam unchecked. I'm hoping we get a debate scene between Claire and Malcolm, seeing as they represent opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what should be done with the dinosaurs, with Claire arguing for their right to live and Malcolm warning her of the potential consequences of that mindset.

You know what would be interesting to see? Claire trying to defend her pro-dino position against a bunch of people who lost their little kids to dinosaur attacks and parents who defended their kids against dinosaurs, only to get arrested via killing an endangered species.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Glad you asked...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3622119/sam-neill-promises-sizable-roles-original-jurassic-park-characters-jurassic-world-dominion/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion   How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will the 3 OGs (Grant, Ellie, & Malcolm) have bigger roles in Dominion
Page 1 of 1