Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 6:47 pm

As long as they dont shut down the movie tracking any time soon, I dont care if they close the message boards.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
IMDb is going to shut down it's Discussion Boards on the 20th.

Darnit, I was just coming to post this lol.

I haven't been active on those boards in a number of years. Sometimes they came in handy for finding something, mostly it was just sad or hilarious to see the awful posts that cropped up. I'm not sad to see it go, but there is a certain nostalgia that comes with watching another giant forum disappearing.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 7:10 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
IMDb is going to shut down it's Discussion Boards on the 20th.

Darnit, I was just coming to post this lol.

I haven't been active on those boards in a number of years. Sometimes they came in handy for finding something, mostly it was just sad or hilarious to see the awful posts that cropped up. I'm not sad to see it go, but there is a certain nostalgia that comes with watching another giant forum disappearing.

Apparently, part of the reason is because of how active their Facebook and Twitter pages are instead, which is odd. Just because your FB and Twitter pages are active doesn't mean you have to kill your old forums.

Looks like Sony has more problems then we thought. Andrea Wong, the president of the international TV branch of Sony Pictures, has quit.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 pm

I guess i'm in the minority here but this is a bigger blow to me than losing JPL.... With JPL i was losing a website but we had a backup plan and we can still keep it alive here. JPL closing was a big bummer but i still have you dedicated people around to keep the discussion going and the memories alive. With IMDB closing its forum i'm loosing my JP friends(on IMDB), my game of thrones friends, my walking dead friends and about 20 more groups. It's like i am loosing multiple websites i am emotionally invested in.

Every movie, director, actor etc has a discussion page specifically designated for it. How is Facebook going to replace that.... even reddit doesn't have that. IMDB also has the traffic for lots of topics and posts which keep things lively.

And yes there were trolls but there was so much more good than bad. Seeing an old movie and then going to its board to see messages from years ago feels like opening a time capsule. And some of the trolls could even be fun at times.

I hope we can overturn this decision or they backtrack later. I will never be using the site again without a forum. I am DEVASTATED by this news.

Edit: and i'm sorry if this is coming off harsh but i am a huge IMDB fan. I live and breath there. I'ts been a huge part of my entire life.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I guess i'm in the minority here but this is a bigger blow to me than losing JPL.... With JPL i was losing a website but we had a backup plan and we can still keep it alive here. JPL closing was a big bummer but i still have you dedicated people around to keep the discussion going and the memories alive. With IMDB closing its forum i'm loosing my JP friends(on IMDB), my game of thrones friends, my walking dead friends and about 20 more groups. It's like i am loosing multiple websites i am emotionally invested in.

Every movie, director, actor etc has a discussion page specifically designated for it. How is Facebook going to replace that.... even reddit doesn't have that. IMDB also has the traffic for lots of topics and posts which keep things lively.

And yes there were trolls but there was so much more good than bad. Seeing an old movie and then going to its board to see messages from years ago feels like opening a time capsule. And some of the trolls could even be fun at times.

I hope we can overturn this decision or they backtrack later. I will never be using the site again without a forum. I am DEVASTATED by this news.

Edit: and i'm sorry if this is coming off harsh but i am a huge IMDB fan. I live and breath there. I'ts been a huge part of my entire life.

I'm really sorry about this. I wasn't a member there, but I have a rough idea about how big of a site it is and giving how much of the old timers felt about how JPL going down, I have a rough idea of how IMDB closing its forums is for you. My advice is to get as much of their FB/Twitter/Reddit accounts so that you can still keep in touch with them. I know it's not the same as going on here after JPL shut down, but at least it's something.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 4:09 pm

I realize that the controversial film 'A Dog's Purpose' has not been addressed as of late. I think it's worth bringing up because this thing caused some serious damage to Amblin Entertainment's reputation; I went to the Facebook page for Amblin and literally every post is littered with angry posts attacking the company, shouting variations of "we won't watch your movies again" and that sort of thing. Most of them posting the same bloody posts over and over again, even on posts that have nothing to do with 'A Dog's Purpose'. I went to the La La Land soundtrack post, and hardly anyone was talking about Jurassic Park, just the stupid dog movie. For all in tents and purposes, Amblin's good PR is dead.

edit: I am aware that the TMZ footage was manipulated and showed two separate scenes stitched together, and it is very sketchy that whoever recorded this waited a YEAR before actually doing a damn thing about it. However, I have no desire to take sides in this matter, and the damage has already been done.

What I do want to talk about is this: how will this affect the Jurassic World sequel in the future?
Bayona's in an awkward position in that he is now directing a film that (we suppose) features a parable for animal abuse. And with the extremely touchy subject of that German Shepherd video, this could prove very dangerous for Universal and Amblin to then make a movie that addresses similar issues through the fictional lens of living dinosaurs. Possibly enough to undermine the franchise itself, especially since people are not as forgiving as we like to think we are.

General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 4:58 pm

M. Night Shyamalan's 'Split' wins the box office weekend for a 3rd straight time.

He also got the outline for Unbreakable 2 done.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Here's our new look at the Jaegers of Pacific Rim: Uprising. It even has Gypsy Danger 2.0.

General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Pacificrim-uprising-jaegers-1

Joe Manganiello and Marley Shelton are in talks to join Dwayne Johnson, AKA The Rock, to be in the movie adaptation of the video game Rampage.

50 shades darker has a 7% Rotten Tomatoes ranking.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 pm

I really like the looks of the new Jaegers, these are truly the best version of a live action Megazord we're likely to see in the near future. Since I doubt the potential financial (or indeed creative) success of the Power Rangers reboot will convince the creative staff at Saban and Lionsgate to redesign them to a more faithful iteration that would look great in CGI. Heck, the Jaegers are much closer in spirit to the G1 Transformers than the actual live action Autobots and Decepticons.

I really hope 50 Shades Darker withers an dies at the box office, and that any lad with a girlfriend who wants to see that schlock convinces her to go see LEGO Batman instead!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I really like the looks of the new Jaegers, these are truly the best version of a live action Megazord we're likely to see in the near future. Since I doubt the potential financial (or indeed creative) success of the Power Rangers reboot will convince the creative staff at Saban and Lionsgate to redesign them to a more faithful iteration that would look great in CGI. Heck, the Jaegers are much closer in spirit to the G1 Transformers than the actual live action Autobots and Decepticons.

I really hope 50 Shades Darker withers an dies at the box office, and that any lad with a girlfriend who wants to see that schlock convinces her to go see LEGO Batman instead!

I really believe that this movie franchise is made for horny teenage male teens/college men and women who haven't had sex.

Meanwhile at the circus known as Sony Pictures...It's getting sued by the financier of 'Wild Oats'.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Id like to think 50 Shades is more catered towards women who like erotic fiction.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:20 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Id like to think 50 Shades is more catered towards women who like erotic fiction.
I can confirm.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 6:02 pm

I wasn't sure if this should be here or the TV show thread, but nobody's going to mind if I post this here.

Dredd 2 will happen, but as an animated show or as a Netflix TV show.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Avatar 2 Will be a Family Saga, Says Sam Worthington
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/814401-avatar-2-will-be-a-family-saga-says-sam-worthington#OAHgvxBduK3fsOFX.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:02 am

This "family saga" approach to the Avatar sequels does sound immediately more interesting than a Dances With Wolves/Pocahontas sci-fi redo. I actually do look forward to seeing how the return of Avatar to cinema unfolds, see if people respond to the idea of this franchise returning having seemingly removed the one thing that most movie-goers weren't wowed by; the familiar plot.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Paramount CEO Brad Grey is going to resign as early as next week.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:16 pm

I guess tough luck for Paramount... after a pretty bad year in 2016, topped off by a horrendous bomb in 'Monster Trucks', lets hope they can work through this. Between Paramount flailing madly last year, WB's DC problems and Sony being... Sony, it makes me glad that Universal doesn't have any drama like this.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Angelina Jolie is in Cambodia to promote her new film "First They Killed My Father" which is based on how author Loung Ung, survived Pol Pot/Khmer Rouge.

I'm really happy that this movie got made. We rarely get movies that deal with the atrocities made by Communist governments. That and, I respect Angelina Jolie far more then I do with 70%-80% of Hollywood combined.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:06 pm

The Predator has started filming!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/first-look-at-the-predator-cast-r-rating-confirmed

The Predator begins filming today, and director Shane Black has taken to social media to provide an early glimpse at the film's cast.

"Partial cast... beautiful human beings, good people. Also, killers. Cameras roll today," he said in a post on Twitter, which was accompanied by the following photo

In a subsequent post, the director confirmed that The Predator will be rated R in a roundabout way, saying, "And, just to be clear... PG-13 is for pussies. Spines bleed... a lot." Last June, Black told us he plans to bring mystery back to the franchise with his new film.

Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/first-look-at-the-predator-cast-r-rating-confirmed

The Predator begins filming today, and director Shane Black has taken to social media to provide an early glimpse at the film's cast.

"Partial cast... beautiful human beings, good people. Also, killers. Cameras roll today," he said in a post on Twitter, which was accompanied by the following photo

In a subsequent post, the director confirmed that The Predator will be rated R in a roundabout way, saying, "And, just to be clear... PG-13 is for pussies. Spines bleed... a lot." Last June, Black told us he plans to bring mystery back to the franchise with his new film.

Sounds awesome!

I think a PG-13 movie would have still worked, but with that being said, I must admit that it is nice that the reboot of 'The Predator' is getting an R-rating. I honestly think the success of Deadpool is the reason for the R-rating.

Disney made $2.5 billion last year while Sony made just $440 million.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

2016 was a pretty damn impressive year for Disney! Warner Bros weren't slouches at the box office either, thanks to their profitable DC superheroes and the Wizarding World being a more suitable cash cow than Middle-earth. Plus something about J.K. Rowling still being alive might have had something to do with it. With that said, WB could have overtaken Disney if Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad were much better received; the former could have easily made over a billion if skeptical fans and casual audiences were coming back for second and third viewings and clearly most of them weren't.

While Fox and Universal made over $1.2 billion in profit, the one studio that did MUCH worse than Sony is Paramount. They sustained a loss that might be somewhere in the range of $300 million to $500 million after a string of flops or underwhelming releases, including the dead-on-arrival Monster Trucks.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

2016 was a pretty damn impressive year for Disney! Warner Bros weren't slouches at the box office either, thanks to their profitable DC superheroes and the Wizarding World being a more suitable cash cow than Middle-earth. Plus something about J.K. Rowling still being alive might have had something to do with it. With that said, WB could have overtaken Disney if Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad were much better received; the former could have easily made over a billion if skeptical fans and casual audiences were coming back for second and third viewings and clearly most of them weren't.

While Fox and Universal made over $1.2 billion in profit, the one studio that did MUCH worse than Sony is Paramount. They sustained a loss that might be somewhere in the range of $300 million to $500 million after a string of flops or underwhelming releases, including the dead-on-arrival Monster Trucks.

Part of me wonders if Disney had such an impressive year just to show that Universal taking 2015 profit wise (Universal narrowly beat Disney when it came to overall profits) was just a rare occurrence. I'm actually surprised that WB did as well as they did all things considered. They better hope the upcoming DCEU movies turn out to be good. Otherwise, the future won't be as kind to them.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Sounds awesome!

I think a PG-13 movie would have still worked, but with that being said, I must admit that it is nice that the reboot of 'The Predator' is getting an R-rating. I honestly think the success of Deadpool is the reason for the R-rating.

A movie like Predator can work with the R rating.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
A movie like Predator can work with the R rating.

That's what I basically said when I mentioned that it's nice that reboot will be rated-R.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 am

Keanu Reeves Willing To Return For Another Matrix Movie

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Hellboy 3 100% never happening.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/21/hellboy-3-100-will-not-happen-says-guillermo-del-toro
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 9:11 pm

And another Sony head honcho is leaving.

This time, it's Tommy Gargotta, the president of Worldwide Creative Advertising.

The rats are fleeing the ship or getting whacked by the cats onboard it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Rambo is no longer an All-American hero anymore...

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 am

Man, for a movie that has managed to avoid being rebooted for such a long time, the situation keeps getting worse for Rambo.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's a You Tube video about how much power China has had over Hollywood.

I find it disgusting that a country that supports rouge nations like Iran and North Korea controls so much of our entertainment industry. I find it more so that all these leftists in Hollywood complain about how America sucks, yet before this, very few of them were critical of China since the Tienanmen Square massacre back in 1989, let alone talk about the fact that Mao killed at least 45-50 million and at most 80 million. If all these actors and actresses do speak up, then it's going to be far too late and they only have themselves to blame for not speaking up before all this happened.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 8 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next