Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPLegacy Memorial Thread

Go down 
+46
Cha0ticArch0saur
RolandEden
Mysterious Hero M
Nublar7
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
Spiegel
Levine
Monolophosaurus
evolution_rex
Lord Kristine
Clonehunter
jpsacu
Prowler
Carcharodontosaurus
JVM
Megaspino2
MissDNA
Theta Rex
CloneTrooper101
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Rex Prime
Nedryland
Lost
Raptor_Guard999
Océane
urban ratite
Katana
TRK/TrexKing
Paleoman
Metal Gear Rex
Tarbtano
Troyal1
Pugpunasaurus
Crimsonraptor
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Pokesaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 9:16 pm

But they both exist. No one "owns" a fandom.

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
So let me get this straight. "JPL 2.0" is just JPP but with the JPL name and logo slapped onto it. Why not just help out JPP instead of acting like a bunch of entitled children.

I wasn't planning to address this, but I reconsidered. Please do not resort to name-calling. It does not help anyone and only fosters discord. Try to remain professional, and avoid this schoolyard terminology. Thank you.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:28 pm

The fact that it's even got to this is ridiculous. There a valid points on both sides of this argument but a line needs to be drawn. There's no need for name calling. There's no need for bickering. We havnt had to enforce rules here yet but we may have to soon. Do I agree with the JPL name being used? No. At the same time though If they want to use it go ahead. It's just going to be another place in the "community" that we can go to. There's no harm in it provided that there is Unity, friendship and open communication between both sides I see no problem with this, Heck to the people that are organising this, if you need any help let us know. We have all had experience with forums. we should be helping eachother. Provided there is no foul play, backstabbing or glory hunting on either side, I am all for it. Same goes for us and Jurassic Outpost also. I follow them on Twitter and Facebook. I support the community which they are a part of.

we all need to calm down and let things be. I don't want to be that guy but If the trashing, flaming and fighting continues I'm hitting the lock button and warning people.

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:42 pm

TRK wrote:
The fact that it's even got to this is ridiculous. There a valid points on both sides of this argument but a line needs to be drawn.  There's no need for name calling. There's no need for bickering. We havnt had to enforce rules here yet but we may have to soon. Do I agree with the JPL name being used? No. At the same time though If they want to use it go ahead. It's just going to be another place in the "community" that we can go to. There's no harm in it provided that there is Unity, friendship and open communication between both sides I see no problem with this, Heck to the people that are organising this, if you need any help let us know. We have all had experience with forums. we should be helping eachother. Provided there is no foul play, backstabbing or glory hunting on either side, I am all for it. Same goes for us and Jurassic Outpost also. I follow them on Twitter and Facebook. I support the community which they are a part of.

we all need to calm down and let things be. I don't want to be that guy but If the trashing, flaming and fighting continues I'm hitting the lock button and warning people.

Thank you for offering help. Our primary goal is unity between fansites, and we'd be glad to foster positive relationships.

Embryo
Embryo
Monolophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:18 am

TRK wrote:
The fact that it's even got to this is ridiculous. There a valid points on both sides of this argument but a line needs to be drawn.  There's no need for name calling. There's no need for bickering. We havnt had to enforce rules here yet but we may have to soon. Do I agree with the JPL name being used? No. At the same time though If they want to use it go ahead. It's just going to be another place in the "community" that we can go to. There's no harm in it provided that there is Unity, friendship and open communication between both sides I see no problem with this, Heck to the people that are organising this, if you need any help let us know. We have all had experience with forums. we should be helping eachother. Provided there is no foul play, backstabbing or glory hunting on either side, I am all for it. Same goes for us and Jurassic Outpost also. I follow them on Twitter and Facebook. I support the community which they are a part of.

Wow, one of the only mature staff, or staff member even acting like a staff member, in the last few pages of this thread.

Anyway, I agree. I've went back on the whole "more sites = division" thing. Otherwise I support the new site, despite my pretty depressing previous posts. I hope it goes well. Good luck to those involved.

"Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:30 am

I honestly just want all the infighting to stop. At the end of the day this is all way off topic. This is a memorial Thread. Lets post about the good times we had at JPL. That is what it's about.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:42 am

Technically this shouldn't even count as a memorial thread anymore lol

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 10:34 am

I don't see why not, this embodies the memory of JPL as we knew it rather well.

Regardless though, we ought to perhaps cease all the arguing and cool off for a while.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:06 pm

I find it really sad and depressing that this memorial thread for JPL inadvertently revived all of the negativity and hatred that the old JPL was notorious for. I knew that some people would have 'scores to settle', but I didn't think it would be so open like this, let alone turn into a haven for flame wars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 2:00 pm

I was thinking back about how much fun JPL was when the new movie was official. Man that was surreal. And then the movie came out and slaughtered at the box office. I remember metaphorically toasting everyone. It was a big party that day. Can't wait for the community here to get back in that same zone. We have to be patient but it's coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:18 pm

Thank you Troyal for posting in this thread trying to get back on topic. Appreciate it man.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Did Saltasaurus ever come back to join in the final hours of JPL, or was he a no-show?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 pm

I would love to design a JP board - I love making forums - but I lack the time or withdrawl to actually support it in the long run. JPL had an objectively fantastic main site (the real loss imo) but the forum layout actually became very stale to me over the years, in my opinion.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:20 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Did Saltasaurus ever come back to join in the final hours of JPL, or was he a no-show?

I want to say he did, but it's been a while since those last hours. There were several people I think we were looking for, dilly_dilophosaur was one a lot of people were looking for. Haven't seen him here though.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 5:16 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I want to say he did, but it's been a while since those last hours. There were several people I think we were looking for, dilly_dilophosaur was one a lot of people were looking for. Haven't seen him here though.  

If they did, then it might have been the last time they were part of the fandom like Ty was. I remember from the last posts he wrote, which were before JW came out, that he seemed to 'outgrow' the JP movies and maybe Jurassic Park as a whole.

As for dilly, he seemed to vanish after late-2015. I remember him checking into JPL once this year, but I don't remember him posting anything.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

If they did, then it might have been the last time they were part of the fandom like Ty was. I remember from the last posts he wrote, which were before JW came out, that he seemed to 'outgrow' the JP movies and maybe Jurassic Park as a whole.

As for dilly, he seemed to vanish after late-2015. I remember him checking into JPL once this year, but I don't remember him posting anything.

Weird to say "outgrow". Don't want to speak bad of the guy, but feels a bit pretentious. I understand tastes change but the franchise aren't exactly kids films. A lot of memories are tied to us as kids, but it feels wholy different from hearing kids outgrowing Pokemon or Power Rangers (which have adult fanbases as well, I'm part of both.)

Back to top Go down
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Wish I was there to see her go.

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Weird to say "outgrow". Don't want to speak bad of the guy, but feels a bit pretentious. I understand tastes change but the franchise aren't exactly kids films. A lot of memories are tied to us as kids, but it feels wholy different from hearing kids outgrowing Pokemon or Power Rangers (which have adult fanbases as well, I'm part of both.)

I agree in that regard but I feel that you may be taking it the wrong way. For example I used to love Final Fantasy games. Yet I "outgrew" them. Not because they are for children(because they are for everyone). I also feel that I have finally "outgrown" COD and that is M rated.  And yet I still play and love Mario and Zelda. But my tastes changed drastically and I longer enjoyed Final fantasy. And sometimes people use the word "outgrow" for that. I know that the word being used for that doesn't make much sense as it implies the thing is for children, but that's how I've always used it. Some people use that term as a blanket statement for not enjoying stuff as much anymore and I think it's likely that's what happened here. In my opinion atleast.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I agree in that regard but I feel that you may be taking it the wrong way. For example I used to love Final Fantasy games. Yet I "outgrew" them. Not because they are for children(because they are for everyone). I also feel that I have finally "outgrown" COD and that is M rated.  And yet I still play and love Mario and Zelda. But my tastes changed drastically and I longer enjoyed Final fantasy. And sometimes people use the word "outgrow" for that. I know that the word being used for that doesn't make much sense as it implies the thing is for children, but that's how I've always used it. Some people use that term as a blanket statement for not enjoying stuff as much anymore and I think it's likely that's what happened here. In my opinion atleast.

I understand what you mean, and it makes sense. Just the term outgrow to how I've always used it usually gets reserved for actual kid stuff, or literally getting too big for something. Like I used to say I outgrew Power Rangers, but with a helping of nostalgia, came around to loving it again. I usually am more used to just saying I'm "not into" something anymore. Sort of like I used to be a huge fan of Linkin Park, but kind of just ended up not into them (which isn't entirely true as I can still rock some of their old songs but anything made in the last ten years is just awful to me.).

I get what you meant though, it's just coming down to different terms and how we use them in life.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

I remember how in the final week of JPL how Crimsonraptor suggested that we all go to Jurassic Outpost but Ty was against it via an Angry Cat "NO" meme. Why was he against the idea of Jurassic Outpost being the de facto JPL 2.0?

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Because he didnt like how those guys presented themselves.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Any examples, for instance? I'm not a member of that site and I've only been there 2-3 times at that and it was a simple basic browsing trip. Nothing really deep.
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

WHOOAAAA There is a dookie load of negativity in this thread lol. I think we should talk about funny things we remember about JPL. I remember there was an LTL comic with over 100 strips but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. It used a lot of characters and referenced almost every storyline during the main campaign. While I wasn't super active in LTL I enjoyed reading them. Does anyone have a backup of them?
Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 am

Does anyone know if Dino Master is here?

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

I haven't seen DM here at all but he did show up on my forum for a hot second but disappeared again. He's in college now and quite busy.

Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Aw, man. Any contacts?

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:01 pm

I can get his email for ya. It won't be until later but I'll pm you with it.

Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you so much!

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Any examples, for instance? I'm not a member of that site and I've only been there 2-3 times at that and it was a simple basic browsing trip. Nothing really deep.
Pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, but the short version is JO started toting the idea of their own encyclopedia. Ty didn't like this because on the surface it was probably they might steal information from JPL's. However it was also said that JO was big on headcannons, and didn't seem to mind letting speculative information into their things. This would potentially cause a lot of misinformation and confusion in the JP community. It was just one of the major pushes for Ty shutting things, so JO was just completely off the table for him.

As is, for better or worse, I feel a lot of the staff also liked doing their parts at the time, so moving over without the ability to really do anything besides be a member kind of sucked. It's true a lot has fallen through with this place since JPL went down, but there's some of us still trying to get things to work.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

We really are trying to make this place great for everyone.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next