Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am

Dead2009 wrote:
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Has Been Given A New US Release Date - Will Now Open Worldwide On April 27!

Wish Uni would do the same with FK & release it everywhere the same week as the UK & Europe! Mad
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:06 am

Dead2009 wrote:
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Has Been Given A New US Release Date - Will Now Open Worldwide On April 27!

Before this was changed, either Deadpool 2 or Solo was going to come out on this movie's 3rd week. Disney did this to maximize this movie as much as possible. And given all the hype that this movie has had since the summer of 2012, Disney is shrewd to do this.

This movie isn't going to be an event, it's going to be a worldwide de facto holiday.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 8:45 am

According to Box Office Mojo Black Panther has made $500 million dollars domestically and is a few million dollars short of $1 billion overall.

I'd be surprised if Avengers: Infinity War didn't break this record.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am

Black Panther has not only made over $1 billion dollars, but has become the first MCU movie to stay at #1 at the box office for 4 weeks in a row. Not even the first 2 Avengers movie have done that.

This movie has destroyed record after record as if they were nothing. Not only that, but I saw that if it stays number 1 for this weekend, it will be the first movie to do so since Avatar.

And the MCU continues its domination.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

Black Panther has become the first movie since James Cameron's Avatar to be the number 1 movie for 5 weeks in a row.

This movie has BULLDOZED everything in it's path. This is a very impressive accomplishment.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Black Panther has made $1.3 billion dollar overall. Over $677 million was made domestically.

I know that this was considered the 'warm up' for Infinity War, but I honestly don't think that even Marvel Studios or Disney expected that this movie would do so well and would dominate the box office for 5 weeks in a row. This movie has pulled off some very impressive feats. It's even broken the domestic records set by JW and Titanic.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Kevin Feige Confirms SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel Will Be A Global Movie Set Primarily Outside Of NYC
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/kevin-feige-confirms-spider-man-homecoming-sequel-will-be-a-global-movie-set-primarily-outside-of-nyc-a159871

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Kevin Feige Confirms SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel Will Be A Global Movie Set Primarily Outside Of NYC
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/kevin-feige-confirms-spider-man-homecoming-sequel-will-be-a-global-movie-set-primarily-outside-of-nyc-a159871

Hmm...It makes you wonder who he will be fighting in the case.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 am

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am

I just got back from Infinity War. I really enjoyed it overall, despite some glaring flaws. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 11:40 pm

Just saw Infinity War. Wow. Just wow. Thats all I'll say for now since i know a lot of people are trying to avoid spoilers.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Just saw Infinity War. Wow. Just wow. Thats all I'll say for now since i know a lot of people are trying to avoid spoilers.

Me too. Without a doubt the movie of the year, if not the DECADE!

Not only that, but it's going to set a new record. At least a $250 million domestic opening and a $650 million worldwide opening.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Infinity war really did a good job with Thanos and making him feel dangerous. He also doesn’t just feel like a big mean guy, but someone with a clear purpose. Something marvel has been severely lacking.

The action scenes were incredible and they really got creative with the character interaction, although some of the humor occasionally got on my nerves.

The score was absolutely wonderful and the there are a couple scenes that left me pretty, well... in awe I guess. The music was so great and elevated a few scenes in particular to bring certain emotions out.

I do have a few big issues with the movie and I wouldn’t call it fantastic, but I’d definitely recommend anyone who even remotely cares about Marvel to see it as soon as possible.

That’s all I want to say until spoilers are far and wide.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 1:28 pm

According to Box Office Mojo, Avengers: Infinity War has made over $651 million dollars overall. $258 million of it was made domestically.

It's already shattered records and could very well overthrow TFA as the highest grossing movie of all time. Not only that, but with Avengers 4 coming out next year, we could easily have a pair of back-to-back $2.0 billion+ grossing Avengers movies, via one this year and one next year.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:26 pm

It looks like next years Avengers 4 will be the final MCU movie that the Russo Brothers will do.

At least they get to go out on top. They really deserve a lot of credit.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 4:05 am

So, I haven't seen Infinity War yet, but I keep hearing that Starlord did something that's made his popularity plummet like a stone, something involving Thanos. And of course, Chris Pratt's next big role is Owen Grady, which most people already see as "Starlord with Raptors" anyway.

So, my question is, do we have to worry about how one Chris Pratt character in one film will affect public perception of another Chris Pratt film?

(Also, if someone does want to write down spoiler content, put it in a spoiler box so I can read it after seeing the film.)

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 1:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
So, I haven't seen Infinity War yet, but I keep hearing that Starlord did something that's made his popularity plummet like a stone, something involving Thanos. And of course, Chris Pratt's next big role is Owen Grady, which most people already see as "Starlord with Raptors" anyway.

So, my question is, do we have to worry about how one Chris Pratt character in one film will affect public perception of another Chris Pratt film?

(Also, if someone does want to write down spoiler content, put it in a spoiler box so I can read it after seeing the film.)

Probably not. Chris Pratt is too popular for a major hit.

As for what happenss in IW

Spoiler Alert:

In just 7 days, Avengers: Infinity War has made $808 million dollars.

Finally, celebrating 10 years of Iron Man, the movie that started or was the seed that grew(depending on where you look at it) the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has broken the record as the fastest movie to make $1 billion dollars

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Avengers: Infinity War had now made over $500 million dollars domestically. Overall, it's made just under $1.3 billion.

Meanwhile, ABC has offically canceled Inhumans.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has made just over $1.6 billion overall so far. And it's been number one at the box office for 3 weeks in a row. This is going to surpass Jurassic World, Titanic, and The Force Awakens with ease.

Considering how Avengers 4 comes out next year, it's safe to say that this will happen again back to back.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 4:14 am

Infinity War has topped Jurassic World as the 4th highest-grossing movie globally

The next major milestone that might be reachable is the $2 billion mark.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Michael Keaton Returns as The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming 2!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/947275-michael-keaton-returns-as-the-vulture-in-spider-man-homecoming-2

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has made slightly over $1.8 billion dollars so far.

And Deadpool 2 knocked it off it's place as the top movie this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 6:36 pm

So far, Avengers: Infinity War has made slightly over $1.9 billion dollars. Over $629.5 million has been made domestically/here in the U.S.A.

Woody Harrelson confirms Venom 2.

Deadpool 2 has made just under $503 million dollars so far.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Sony's Black Cat and Sliver Sable movie has been suspended indefinitely.

UPDATE: It's 'starting over' according to it's director.

It looks like the basics of X-Men: Dark Phoenix has been leaked.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has made $1.966 billion so far.

Deadpool 2 has bumped Solo off the number 1 spot and is back on top. It's made $598 million so far.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next