Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has made over $650 million domestically.

Overall, it's made well ove $1.972 billion dollars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 pm

It looks like Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers might be the new face of the MCU after Avengers 4.

Good luck with that. Both Robert Downy Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark and Chris Evans as Captain America/Steve Rogers have been so iconic and so loved, that I don't think this can work.

Not only that, but considering how Carol Danvers has been DESTROYED in the comics, I think that they should repair her in the comics before thinking about doing this.

Avengers: Infinity War has crossed the $2 billion dollar mark and will overtake Titanic very soon.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Brie Larson was reluctant to play Carol Danvers at first.

I still think that she's far too young. Charlize Theron or Ali Larter would have been my first choices.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 pm

The Avengers: Infinity War blu-ray will have 30 minutes of bonus footage that will be about the backstory of Thanos.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Ant-Man and the Wasp is set to make $87 million in it's opening weekend.

Nicolas Cage has been cast in the animated movie "Into the Spider-Verse".

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:51 pm

Ant Man and The Wasp made $161.7 million dollars it's opening day weekend.

Iron Man writer Bob Layton expects Tony Stark to die in Avengers 4.

Robert Downey Jr. has said that he's getting sick of the role so it would make sense for him to get killed off.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Cate Shortland has been picked to direct the Black Widow movie.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 5:43 pm

James Gunn Fired From ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Franchise Over Offensive Tweets
https://deadline.com/2018/07/james-gunn-fired-guardians-of-the-galaxy-disney-offensive-tweets-1202430392/

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 6:48 pm

The Gunn news doesn’t sit well with me. Clearly he shouldn’t tweet what he did, but he’s come clean before back in 2012 and he made two Guardians movies since then. I think Disney firing him now feels like the wrong move.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 pm

The guy who made it into a shitshow is a known Twitter "journalist" but in reality he's a hack who supports women being taken advantage of

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:41 am

I posted a pretty lengthy thing here earlier defending Gunn and how Disney fired him too quick.

But after seeing there are over 10000 Deleted tweets supposedly and reading more of them I feel far more conflicted. There are some of those tweets that would literally be such a PR nightmare for Disney it would be unimaginable. On the other hand they don’t need to be hiring people who have a history of weird behavior and basically take a risk that nobody finds out.

I’m gonna have to sleep on this and try to separate my admiration for his work and what is happening.
Also I want to make sure and get all the facts, like for example I hope it doesn’t come out that he has actually touched people inappropriately.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:26 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
The Gunn news doesn’t sit well with me. Clearly he shouldn’t tweet what he did, but he’s come clean before back in 2012 and he made two Guardians movies since then. I think Disney firing him now feels like the wrong move.

But that was before the whole MeToo movement was born, before Kevin Spacy's...handsyness got out, before Fat Harvey's antics got out, and people got a better look at Pedowood.

Besides, I don't think young parents of 5-10 year old kids would like hearing and reading those 'jokes'. It's not about free speech as so much as it's about a product. And with the current situation, Disney had to...fire the Gunn. Sorry, but free speech doesn't mean much when you're trying to sell a product, even more so when you're one of the largest most powerful companies in the world.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Some pretty big news.

Fox's Gambit movie has been cancelled.

Sony's Black Cat and Silver Sable movie 'Silver and Black' is in developmental limbo.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Oh and the Disney/Fox merger got finalized.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I wrote that on the Disney thread.

Because of the merger, word going around is that X-Men: Dark Phoenix might never come out on theater.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 11:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Because of the merger, word going around is that X-Men: Dark Phoenix might never come out on theater.
A bs rumor. the movies are both coming out in theater.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Don't be so sure. From what I've heard, it's as bad as Fant4stic via it being a boring and semi-coherent mess. Do you think that Fox wants that as part of their final independent branch?

Besides, with Galactus and Silver Surfer in future MCU plans and how Kevin Feige being a big X-Men fan, it would be for the best that the X-Men not get damaged.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 12:44 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Don't be so sure. From what I've heard, it's as bad as Fant4stic via it being a boring and semi-coherent mess. Do you think that Fox wants that as part of their final independent branch?

Besides, with Galactus and Silver Surfer in future MCU plans and how Kevin Feige being a big X-Men fan, it would be for the best that the X-Men not get damaged.

Dark Phoenix happening reshoots next month

Yeah im sure they're going to cancel a movie when they're doing reshoots for it next month. lol!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 11:58 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yeah im sure they're going to cancel a movie when they're doing reshoots for it next month. lol!

Dark Phoenix is supposed to be a bad movie. And considering how Simon Kinberg, one of the main architects of Fant4stic, is directing this movie, I wouldn't be surprised if the reshoots make it worse.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Dark Phoenix is supposed to be a bad movie. And considering how Simon Kinberg, one of the main architects of Fant4stic, is directing this movie, I wouldn't be surprised if the reshoots make it worse.

There's not even any footage out yet. I have barely heard any news, how is this such a big rumor?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 12:39 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

There's not even any footage out yet. I have barely heard any news, how is this such a big rumor?

Some youtuber? Anyway I go on twitter and I see all the major bloggers from reputable sites disavowing the rumor.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 5:39 pm

If there's no source, and no footage to go by, it's a bullshit rumor.

Entire Cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Wants James Gunn Rehired
https://411mania.com/movies/entire-cast-guardians-galaxy-wants-james-gunn-rehired/

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Bautista Refuses to Appear in Guardians 3 Unless Gunn’s Script is Used
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/963773-bautista-refuses-to-appear-in-guardians-3-unless-gunns-script-is-used

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 am

Dead2009 wrote:
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/963773-bautista-refuses-to-appear-in-guardians-3-unless-gunns-script-is-used

A good way to get blacklisted by Disney.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Man, when Thanos snapped his fingers, Drax got hit hard. First, he was Batista, now he's Bill Goldberg. Razz

It looks like Sony has split the Black Cat and Silver Sable movie into a pair of seperate movies.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Man, when Thanos snapped his fingers, Drax got hit hard. First, he was Batista, now he's Bill Goldberg.  Razz

It looks like Sony has split the Black Cat and Silver Sable movie into a pair of seperate movies.

They are also developing a movie based on Jackpot (a third tier spidey hero) which is really weird.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 am

Sony scrapping the bottom of that barrel for their shared Spidey-verse I’m guessing. Besides Universal/
(Or is it Paramount?) with the singular Hulk rights, they’re the last ones with any real rights to Marvel characters outside Disney/Marvel Srudios/Fox, correct?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 5:58 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sony scrapping the bottom of that barrel for their shared Spidey-verse I’m guessing. Besides Universal/
(Or is it Paramount?) with the singular Hulk rights, they’re the last ones with any real rights to Marvel characters outside Disney/Marvel Srudios/Fox, correct?

This are shared between Disney/Marvel and Uni. Uni holds the distribution rights and Marvel/Disney holds everything else. At this point, with the MCU not really needing a Hulk movie at this stage, Universal holding their part of the rights is basically holding dead weight. I suspect that this is part of the reason why their parent company wanted to buy Fox so bad. So that they can have their own MCU and blackball Disney/Marvel into doing so. But with Disney buying Fox and getting the X-Men (which includes Deadpool) and the Fantastic 4 (along with Dr. Doom and Galactus) back, that killed off any hope.

This also means that Disney owns the rights to at least 80%-85% of their characters all to themselves. After the next MCU Spider-Man movie, Sony gets the full rights back. At this point, Kevin Feige has so much new material to work with, he doesn't really need the Spider-Man rights for...I say 10-15 years or so.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Former GOTG director James Gunn publicly posted pictures of himself in a pedophilia themed 'To Catch A Predator' party.

Pedo jokes, pedo humor, pedo themed parties...Not a very good pattern. Disney was right to fire him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next