Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+26
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Just saw it today. Loved the film. It was an absolute blast.

Sure, it's not the deepest film in the world and it's never going to win any Oscars, but who the hell goes to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters for the stuff that critics are looking for? To hell with the critics! The film was filled with Easter eggs for fans of the OG Godzilla, and the Titans themselves were breathtaking. The characters weren't amazing, but they were solid enough to carry the film whenever a monster wasn't on screen.

I give it an 8/10. Definitely my favorite film of the Monsterverse. Unlike G14, this film actually knew what it was and went all the way with it, resulting in a far more enjoyable experience. It's such a damn shame that the "critics" on Rotten Tomatoes decided to take the legs out from under this film before it even had a chance. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone can take them seriously after the Captain Marvel debacle. Without turning this into a rant, I'm willing to bet that KOTM would have a critical score of at least 80% if Disney and Marvel logos were slapped onto the opening credits, which in turn would have given the film a better chance at the box office. As it stands right now it looks like KOTM is going to be a semi-flop and it's a damn shame.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

I was disappointed in the film, wasn't as good as Godzilla 14 or Kong Skull Island, this film just did really nothing for me. Would rate it 6/10, still looking forward to Kong vs Godzilla though...
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 7:54 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Just saw it today. Loved the film. It was an absolute blast.

Sure, it's not the deepest film in the world and it's never going to win any Oscars, but who the hell goes to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters for the stuff that critics are looking for? To hell with the critics! The film was filled with Easter eggs for fans of the OG Godzilla, and the Titans themselves were breathtaking. The characters weren't amazing, but they were solid enough to carry the film whenever a monster wasn't on screen.

I give it an 8/10. Definitely my favorite film of the Monsterverse. Unlike G14, this film actually knew what it was and went all the way with it, resulting in a far more enjoyable experience. It's such a damn shame that the "critics" on Rotten Tomatoes decided to take the legs out from under this film before it even had a chance. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone can take them seriously after the Captain Marvel debacle. Without turning this into a rant, I'm willing to bet that KOTM would have a critical score of at least 80% if Disney and Marvel logos were slapped onto the opening credits, which in turn would have given the film a better chance at the box office. As it stands right now it looks like KOTM is going to be a semi-flop and it's a damn shame.

Not saying that I disagree with you, but at the same time 5 years in between Godzilla 2014 and this one is a long time. Even more so considering how the audience is being carpet bombed with MCU movies. If this had been released in 2017, with Kong: Skull Island coming out in 2016-which really should have happened-then we wouldn't be talking about it underperforming/semi-flopping.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I saw this last Friday and quite enjoyed it! I loved the world-building and the creatures, and felt the actors generally elevated the paper-thin characters. Like "Fallen Kingdom", this is basically a Saturday morning cartoon, it was insane in the just the right way IMO...in fact "Godzilla: The Animated Series" from the 90's and this are fairly similar in concept anyway. I'm now looking forward to "Godzilla Vs. Kong!"

BTW, if you haven't people should check out the script for the original 90's American Godzilla which is a lot of fun and fairly close to KotM 2019 (and written by one of the guys who wrote next year's movie).

Wiki Entry
Screenplay
Graphic Novel
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Watched KOTM last night and almost had the feeling we were gonna have another Avengers moment on our hands where Mothra played the part of Captain Marvel and only showed up for a few seconds, but I wasn't disappointed. The fight scenes and destruction were amazing.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Going to buy the blue ray on thursday or friday, I think.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 6:47 am

I finally saw Godzilla: KOTM last night. It was a solid Godzilla movie, but the human villains were idiots. The biggest problem with the movie, which isn't its fault, is that it came too late. If it came in 2017 instead of Kong: Skull Island, I don't think this would have flopped and nobody would have been talking about the Godzillaverse ending with Godzilla vs. Kong.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I finally saw Godzilla: KOTM last night. It was a solid Godzilla movie, but the human villains were idiots. The biggest problem with the movie, which isn't its fault, is that it came too late. If it came in 2017 instead of Kong: Skull Island, I don't think this would have flopped and nobody would have been talking about the Godzillaverse ending with Godzilla vs. Kong.

You may be right. Five years is a long time. I don't think being sandwiched between Engame and Lion King helped matters either, nor did being harpooned by the critics.

I'm surprised it took you so long to see it. How come, if you don't mind me asking?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You may be right. Five years is a long time. I don't think being sandwiched between Engame and Lion King helped matters either, nor did being harpooned by the critics.

I'm surprised it took you so long to see it. How come, if you don't mind me asking?

I was planning to see it, but my theater decided to show that stupid cheerleader movie Poms instead. I was able to get the novelization though. So I did get something. I must say, I liked the book slightly better. It explained that the main human villain, Alan Jonah, went dark because of how his daughter was kidnapped and killed, which was never talked about in the movie. It did a few more things to give him some depth which the movie didn't do. It also showed us a bit more the titans waking up, which the movie needed to do a bit more on.

Again. I did like the movie. It's a solid and faithful Godzilla movie and a respectable sequel. But at the same time, it fell short of being 'THE movie' that finally made the Godzilla franchise mainstream and establishing the Godzillaverse.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 11:17 pm

I bought the Blu Ray for KOM today, excited to watch it when I can!

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 8:27 am

Adam Wingard’s ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Has Been Pushed from Early 2020 to Late 2020
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3595535/adam-wingards-godzilla-vs-kong-pushed-early-2020-late-2020/

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3595535/adam-wingards-godzilla-vs-kong-pushed-early-2020-late-2020/

I mean, who didn't see this coming. The lack of a trailer 4 months from when the film was set to be released was pretty telling.

Wonder what exactly they're working on.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I mean, who didn't see this coming. The lack of a trailer 4 months from when the film was set to be released was pretty telling.

Wonder what exactly they're working on.

Rumor is that it's the SFX, which is odd since they really had a lot of it to work on that already.

I also thought that it would be pushed back, but I thought that it would be in summer or early fall. Not practically be a year from now.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 10:33 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Rumor is that it's the SFX, which is odd since they really had a lot of it to work on that already.

I also thought that it would be pushed back, but I thought that it would be in summer or early fall. Not practically be a year from now.

I have a difficult time believing that it's just SFX that are pushing it back. Shot in the dark here (no pun intended), but I have the feeling they might be redoing some of the battle sequences after some of the complaints about KOTM's battles taking place at night and being difficult to see, much like G14. Just a theory though.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I have a difficult time believing that it's just SFX that are pushing it back. Shot in the dark here (no pun intended), but I have the feeling they might be redoing some of the battle sequences after some of the complaints about KOTM's battles taking place at night and being difficult to see, much like G14. Just a theory though.

I just hope that it's not getting outright remade like JL was. If that's the case, then this movie has no chance to make a profit.

I'm just worried that this might be the movie to prematurely end the Godzillaverse. Given how Godzilla: KOTM had bad timing via the fact that it really should have been released in 2017 instead of Kong: Skull Island and how it came out when Avengers: Endgame was still out, not to mention how KOTM was arguably at least $20-$30 over-budget then it should have been, I'm of the belief that bad timing and cost might end the Godzillaverse.

And as a long time Godzilla fan since '94, it really sucks for me to say that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Godzilla vs. King Kong has been pushed back yet again. This time, it's May 21, 2021.

Timing really has been the weakness of the Godzillaverse, and this is no exception.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 8:05 pm

As a kid was all over Godzilla. Seen nearly all the films and love the MonsterVerse and Shin Godzilla.

Can't wait to see the MonsterVerse version of Mechagodzilla: https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/official-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-toy-images-leak-online-revealing-spoiler

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
As a kid was all over Godzilla. Seen nearly all the films and love the MonsterVerse and Shin Godzilla.

Can't wait to see the MonsterVerse version of Mechagodzilla: https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/official-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-toy-images-leak-online-revealing-spoiler

If Godzilla vs. Kong really is the end of the Godzillaverse, then I only ask for these 3 things.

1. Godzilla defeats Kong.

2. Mechagodzilla kills some other titans to show how powerful he is.

3. Godzilla and Kong teaming up to take him down in a glorious final battle like how Godzilla and King Ceasar teamed up to take down the original Mechagodzilla in the Showa series. (And even then, they just barely accomplished that task.)

In other words, if this is the end, then go out in a blaze of glory.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 7:56 am

Legendary Picture might take legal action against AT&T/WB for streaming Godzilla vs. Kong on HBO Max without their permission/consultation.

This movie really has had quite a lot of behind the set issues via production.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong will be released on BOTH theaters (whatever few there are) and on HBO Max on March 26 instead of May 21.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 am

Team Kong all the way!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Team Kong all the way!

According to leaks...

Spoiler:

Also-and since this was already leaked via an image of its toy, it's not technically a spoiler-if you look fast enough...MECHAGODZILLA!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong has made $385 million dollars so far.

People really seems to enjoy the movie to, which has been getting some pretty good reviews as well.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong is closing in on $360 million dollars at the box office.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong has now made over $400 million dollars at the box office.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2023 7:18 pm

Here's the trailer for Godzilla: Minus One. This movie is an outright remake of the original 1954 one. The main visable difference is that it takes place in Japan right after WW2 ended.

This really looks fantastic.

Tyrant Lizard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 7:42 am

Really excited for this one. Kaiju fans are really being spoiled right now.

Rhedosaurus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 5:32 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Really excited for this one. Kaiju fans are really being spoiled right now.

Indeed, since 2014 when Legendary's first Godzilla movie came out, we've been living in a 3rd Golden Age of Godzilla and giant monsters in general.

Tyrant Lizard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next