Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+27
Sobek
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:25 am

Eh, it's not the actual screen time that bothered me. It's about how that screen time was used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 am

I liked the first act in Japan with Bryan Cranston, and then the small bit in Hawaii when they were on the train (minus the stupid interaction with the action man and that kid) and Godzilla was silhouetted nicely there. Buy everything else was just generic dialogue, generic action, with the most boring person in lead role ever. Godzilla itself was pretty bland as well and it's opponent not much better.

Godzilla 1998 was technically worse film, but more watchable IMO.

Godzilla vs Biollante is probably still my favorite of the originals. For what it is of course...
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Millie Bobby Brown of 'Stranger Things' fame is set to Star in 'Godzilla' Sequel

Congratulations to Millie for the Godzilla gig, I believe she will be able to instill more personality and character in her role than the boy playing Brody's son.

On a side note, there goes my personal pick for "Lucy" in JW2. Whoever they cast now, she's probably going to be a complete unknown, but in Bayona's capable direction we can hope for something promising.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Millie Bobby Brown of 'Stranger Things' fame is set to Star in 'Godzilla' Sequel

Congratulations to Millie for the Godzilla gig, I believe she will be able to instill more personality and character in her role than the boy playing Brody's son.

On a side note, there goes my personal pick for "Lucy" in JW2. Whoever they cast now, she's probably going to be a complete unknown, but in Bayona's capable direction we can hope for something promising.

How old is she?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

How old is she?

She's 12 now, and becomes 13 in less than a month's time.

Admittedly, she's a much better actress than the little boy who played Brody's very young son thanks to the age difference and accumulated experience, but one must wonder: are children necessary in a Godzilla film?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

How old is she?

She's 12 now, and becomes 13 in less than a month's time.

Admittedly, she's a much better actress than the little boy who played Brody's very young son thanks to the age difference and accumulated experience, but one must wonder: are children necessary in a Godzilla film?

Yes. Godzilla is a dinosaur, and we all know how children and dinosaurs go well together. After all, I was first exposed to Godzilla when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Well if the rumors are true that Lucy is Wu's daughter then she wouldn't be a good fit anyway. I'd say we are getting an unknown for Lucy! Wink
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

I think Millie character probably will have a connection with Mothra. And from my viewpoint I think Godzilla in this film should be the villain. Why? Not a true villain but more a predatorial creature. Remember Godzilla in the 2014 movie lived in the botton of the ocean feeding from earth natural radiation? In the Mutos fight, Mutos probably spreed a lot of radiation, probably Godzilla absorbed all the radition. And remember the bomb was nuked in the sea, probably Godzilla absorbed all. Godzilla probably taste the new radiation and this will led to attack nuclear powerplants. With this Godzilla probably will be seen by the world as a destroyer, probably Monarch cant stop it, but they could use Kong to stop it, leading Godzilla vs Kong.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 pm

I remember hearing that Rodan and King Ghidorah may be in the sequel, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Anything new about that?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Here's some interesting stuff about unmade Godzilla movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I followed the link and read up on the subsection about the Ted Elliott/Terry Rossio Godzilla script. Interesting choice of words that article had for the 2014 Godzilla film; as "that festering, horrible piece of bullshit Legendary squirted out of their asshole". If the words had been altered ever so slightly, (from Legendary to TriStar), there'd be nothing out of the ordinary about that statement from a Godzilla fan's perspective. Not that the Gareth Edwards movie was perfect and certainly every fan has their opinions on what makes a good Godzilla movie, but there are far more movies where "festering, horrible bullshit" are better applied.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:54 pm

I saw that too. Haven't they seen the Roland Emmerich's 1998 take? Or what about Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla? That's the most boring, monotonous, movie I've ever seen. I always fall asleep while watching that movie.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Kyle Chandler Joins Cast of Michael Dougherty’s ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Kyle Chandler Joins Cast of Michael Dougherty’s ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’

I haven't seen any of his films, but some of the ones he has done I have heard good things about. It looks like Legendary is really working hard to make the sequel better then the first one. I really appreciate that.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 6:45 am

It's pretty cool to think that Kyle Chandler will have been in movies featuring two iconic monsters of cinema, Peter Jackson's King Kong and now Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Vera Farmiga Will Star in ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Here's an interesting article about GMK, Shin Godzilla, and Japanese nationalism. It's a very interesting read.

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/shin-godzilla-vs-gmk-the-battle-over-japanese-nationalism

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Here's an interesting read about Pacific Rim being in the Monsterverse with Godzilla and Kong.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't really think pacific Rim would work in that monster verse, I just really do not.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I don't really think pacific Rim would work in that monster verse, I just really do not.

I think it could but you'd have to be really careful.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 3:46 pm

This Year’s Animated ‘Godzilla’ Film is Headed to Netflix

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 am

Yes, They’re Making a Sequel to the Japanese ‘Godzilla’ Reboot

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 pm

The name of the Godzilla anime movie will be "Godzilla: Monster Planet".

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 3:37 pm

'Stright Outta Compton' star O' Shea Jackson Jr. has joined the cast of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 7:02 pm

This article from Forbes says that Godzilla vs. King Kong could make more then BvS.

It's certainly going to make a profit. We still don't know if BvS made one or broke even.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 pm

It looks like bounty hunters will be in the new Godzilla movie.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I really wonder just how much these proposed bounty hunters will factor into the film, will they be going after Godzilla, Mothra or Rodan? Or a mix of the three, plus King Ghidora? Either way, they're horribly out of their depth.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I really wonder just how much these proposed bounty hunters will factor into the film, will they be going after Godzilla, Mothra or Rodan? Or a mix of the three, plus King Ghidora? Either way, they're horribly out of their depth.

Maybe they're going after young kaiju? That's the only reason I can think of.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Aisha Hinds has joined the cast of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Godzilla vs Kong 2020 has been moved a week earlier. Now its releasing May 22nd instead of the 29th (same week as Godzilla 1998).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next