Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+28
Robotpo
Sobek
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:59 am

If you're going to post a huge image, please place it in the spoiler tags so it doesnt stretch the page.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
If you're going to post a huge image, please place it in the spoiler tags so it doesnt stretch the page.

Sorry about that. I didn't think that it would be so big. I'll be more careful next time.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 pm

R.I.P. Original ‘Godzilla’ Suit Actor Haruo Nakajima

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

He was and will be one of the greats. With all the talk about CGI and animatronics, their is something indeliable about him and Godzilla suits. Cheesy, maybe but for the time it was needed. Even more so considering Toho's reputation for being cheap. He did his work with gusto and all Godzilla fans love him for it. He will be missed, but still loved and remembered.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Matt Frank made this tribute to Haruo Nakajima via his Deviantart page.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Haruo_nakajima_tribute_by_kaijusamurai-dbj9b0f

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

He was and will be one of the greats. With all the talk about CGI and animatronics, their is something indeliable about him and Godzilla suits. Cheesy, maybe but for the time it was needed. Even more so considering Toho's reputation for being cheap. He did his work with gusto and all Godzilla fans love him for it. He will be missed, but still loved and remembered.

I loved Godzilla in a suit. I realize that would look ridiculous now but back then it was very fitting. I still have a box of about 20-30 Godzilla VHS tapes.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Mike Dougherty‏ Teases Connection to the Original Godzilla for 2019 Sequel
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/879299-mike-dougherty%e2%80%8f-teases-connection-to-the-original-godzilla-for-2019-sequel#YPp1HtmRky3Fp4cO.99

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mike Dougherty‏ Teases Connection to the Original Godzilla for 2019 Sequel
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/879299-mike-dougherty%e2%80%8f-teases-connection-to-the-original-godzilla-for-2019-sequel#YPp1HtmRky3Fp4cO.99

That's really cool. This film could turn out to be a mrga fan pleaser if the story and action sequences are good.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 5:38 pm

We have an idea of what Godzilla will look like in Godzilla: Planet Of The Monsters.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 20841746_1143382359127746_6091891270072941501_n

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 5:03 pm

http://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong-movie-winner/

There will definitely be a winner in GVK!!!

Quote :
“I do want there to be a winner. The original film was very fun, but you feel a little let down that the movie doesn’t take a definitive stance. People are still debating now who won in that original movie, you know. So, I do want people to walk away from this film feeling like, Okay, there is a winner.”

Personally I don't see them killing either one, but I'm glad they're willing to take a stance on a victory. But maybe I'm wrong because he says it needs to be emotional.

Quote :
“I really want you to take those characters seriously. I want you to be emotionally invested, not just in the human characters, but actually in the monsters. If I had my way, I want people to really be teary-eyed at the end of the movie, and be that invested in to what’s going on.”

“It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other, but at the end of the day I want there to be an emotional drive to it. I want you to be emotionally invested in them. I think that’s what’s going to make it cool.”

https://talkiesnetwork.com/2017/08/19/godzilla-vs-kong-director-adam-wingard-on-wanting-the-audience-to-be-emotionally-invested/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm

In a monster movie like that, there doesnt need to be a winner to be honest.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
In a monster movie like that, there doesnt need to be a winner to be honest.

I'm cool with it being a winner as long as it's not like a killing blow.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 12:04 am

Cool Godzilla statue.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Db0wKOr

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 I4kX2r1
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 2:01 am

What... if, Godzilla is actually, the most misunderstood, super hero, we ever had? call him when Rodan attacks?
did you know I found kanji, for his name?
no, really, in real life; the Japanese empire, that's culture, heredity, people make places, the 'kingdom of the red sun' that's Japan, and not just, 'origin of the sun' Nippon, right? is uh, huge, across the planet,
there's TONS of phoenetic readings, for kanji, their symbol language,
so if some, what, latin descent area, was ripe with Japanese culture, part of what a REAL empire still is, today,
then like, the reading for these kanji, could actuall just be, GOD ZILLA, god, ocean lizard, or, what, see? 神鱠
how, the heck, could that, NOT be his kanji? it means, god, or, guardian, kami, 神 sure, maybe, and then ocean lizard? 鱠 but could literally, in another region, just have been read, godzilla
who else would you call?
神鱠
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 am

I like you guys, how are you? who's real?
who's here?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Sad News. Yoshio Tsuchiya, the veteran actor of multiple Godzilla and Ultraman movies, has died at the age of 90. His final appearance in a Godzilla movie was 'Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah' where he played Mr. Shindo.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sad News. Yoshio Tsuchiya, the veteran actor of multiple Godzilla and Ultraman movies, has died at the age of 90. His final appearance in a Godzilla movie was 'Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah' where he played Mr. Shindo.

I always get so awkward when I see people dying at 90 or something. Mainly bc i have a grandparent at 96 who's still able to walk/live unassisted just got me paranoid sometimes.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I always get so awkward when I see people dying at 90 or something. Mainly bc i have a grandparent at 96 who's still able to walk/live unassisted just got me paranoid sometimes.

Omg dude my great grandmother is 93-94 and still in pretty good health. Usually people our age don't get 20 some years with great grandparents, lots of people don't get any years with them period.

Cherish them please, they are walking miracles Smile . I understand the paranoia though.

Back on topic. Didn't we have a Godzilla actor already die this year? Rip.
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Rest in peace though, implies that you know the truth, and the truth would be?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:24 pm

jericho wrote:

That would imply I'm talking about the actor he just said died. That's what that means.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm

jericho wrote:

No, saying "rest in peace" means you're hoping they're finally at rest, at peace in the afterlife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rest_in_peace
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rest%20in%20peace

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm

We might have our first look at Godzilla in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/911309822099968001/photo/1

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

It seems they are being fairly faithful to 2014 like look.

In other news filming wrapped.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/912818077842231297

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/72q08z/godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_officially_wraps/

Also first official Godzilla store opens before long!
https://kotaku.com/worlds-first-official-godzilla-store-opening-in-tokyo-n-1818777061/amp

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/72laog/worlds_first_official_godzilla_store_opening_in/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/72q08z/godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_officially_wraps/

https://kotaku.com/worlds-first-official-godzilla-store-opening-in-tokyo-n-1818777061/amp

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/72laog/worlds_first_official_godzilla_store_opening_in/

I'm really surprised that filming wrapped up so soon. You'd expect movies to come out in the second half of 2018 or very early 2019 with the filming being wrapped up as fast as it did.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm really surprised that filming wrapped up so soon. You'd expect movies to come out in the second half of 2018 or very early 2019 with the filming being wrapped up as fast as it did.

+ 1, they only filmed for 3 months, compare that to Godzilla 2014 which filmed for 4, seems this film will be pretty short, maybe JP3 short? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 am

dance2nite wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

+ 1, they only filmed for 3 months, compare that to Godzilla 2014 which filmed for 4, seems this film will be pretty short, maybe JP3 short? Surprised

Given that they have to introduce 3 new monsters on top of showing Godzilla I certainly hope not.

Maybe this means there is just a ton of CGI monster battles? I saw people hoping that on toho kingdom.
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 6:48 am

But like, a "wake" as opposed to a funeral, doesn't imply they were set to try and wake the sleeping dead? Why else would it be, rest in peace, anyway?
Culturally, I'm not obligated to believe in death science. What do you know?

Does anyone think Godzilla might have been the opposite of what they say? Like, Rodan attacks, and it's Godzilla神鱠 you call? Catydids kill pray mantises, you're not supposed to think they're monster evil, you know?

Do you think Godzilla is literally evil?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 pm

This also fits with the Pacific Rim thread, but I decided to put it here.

The Godzillaverse-Pacific Rim crossover may eventually happen.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Unpopular opinion: I think Godzilla 1998 is, in many aspects, a superior film to Godzilla 2014. Though I do think that 2014 sets up the lore better.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Levine wrote:
Unpopular opinion: I think Godzilla 1998 is, in many aspects, a superior film to Godzilla 2014. Though I do think that 2014 sets up the lore better.

I like Godzilla 2014 much better as a “Godzilla movie”.

But I agree. The 1998 film has tons of charm and is so much fun! I watch it Everytime it comes on tv when I’m surfing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next