Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+28
1morey
Physalisfresser
Dr. Wu
Aegyptiacus3
TRK/TrexKing
WeNeedToTalk
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Oviraptor
Dv-218
IllOrfanato
Bionic
V.a.nublarensis
Six-Foot Turkey
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
Spiegel
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
TheDreamMaster
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Troyal1
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Dead2009
dance2nite
Mr. Robustus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
My dream cast would be Owen, Claire, Maise, Wu, Ellie, Grant, Malcolm, Rexy and Blue. Don't care if any of the others return.

Imagine Claire, Owen, Wu, Ellie, Grant and Malcolm in the same room?

Laughing

I think that would be a perfect marketing tool by showing all the characters together in one setting.

And since JW3 will be the last film in the series, not including a scene where they characters actually discuss the ramifications of the dinosaurs in the world in that point in time would be a grievously missed opportunity.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
My dream cast would be Owen, Claire, Maise, Wu, Ellie, Grant, Malcolm, Rexy and Blue. Don't care if any of the others return.

Imagine Claire, Owen, Wu, Ellie, Grant and Malcolm in the same room?

Laughing

Oh my God that would be so amazing, it would be like the avengers getting together or something.

I'm imagining the scene now:

Rexy is lying on the floor, dying of old age.

Grant looks emotional and approaches cautiously as Rexy calls out in pain, too weak to attack. Grant reaches out a hand and cautiously pets rexy, like he did to the triceratops all those years ago.

Claire: Dr. Grant, what are you doing?

Grant: She's... She's an old friend.

Malcom: A friend? That is, uhm, that is not the word I would use.

Ellie: She saved us Ian, she killed the raptors.

Ellie moves over to join Grant next to rexy as she lets out another call of pain.

Owen: She saved you? She saved us too. She killed the indominus. It would have killed us all.

Owen moves to join Grant and Ellie next to Rexy. She lets out another cry of pain which causes Claire to run over to join them in tears.

Claire: She's dying Henry, there must be something you can do!

Dr Wu looks at Rexy with an emotional look.

Wu: I'm afraid not Claire, she's already lived much longer than we ever anticipated.

Wu moves to join the others next to rexy, looking extremely emotional.

Wu: I can still remember the day she hatched, she was one of the first animals I created for Jurassic Park. I was the first person she ever saw. She imprinted on me, thought I was her mother. I can still remember Hammond's smile when he saw m holding her in my arms. It was the proudest day of my life. But I was young back then, naïve, I didn't know how damaging my work would become. I can see that now, but also, I can see how beautiful it all was.

Wu touches Rexy's snout and to everyone's surprise, Rexy nuzzles Wu with his snout.

Wu: I don't believe it... She remembers me...

Wu breaks down and a tear rolls down his cheek as rexy lets out one last emotional cry and dies.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:01 am

That's even more emotional that a certain emotional scene in FK

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Wow every critic that i like is really not liking this film and it all seems to stem from the writing. One thing i see in common though is that many critics seem to give Bayona a pass. I'm seeing the film tomorrow morning and I am worried that I might not even like it at this point.

Woah! I assumed you already saw it man
Nope, sooon. At this point, I don't think I am even excited about the movie. Between all of the spoilery ads and the negative reception, killed the hype I once had for it. I hate to say this but I Hope universal fires colin and gets a new team to handle the final film.

That won't happen. Spielberg has all but ensured that Colin will stay on. Not only that, but having Colin fired from 2 movies would cripple his career.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Wow every critic that i like is really not liking this film and it all seems to stem from the writing. One thing i see in common though is that many critics seem to give Bayona a pass. I'm seeing the film tomorrow morning and I am worried that I might not even like it at this point.

Woah! I assumed you already saw it man
Nope, sooon. At this point, I don't think I am even excited about the movie. Between all of the spoilery ads and the negative reception, killed the hype I once had for it. I hate to say this but I Hope universal fires colin and gets a new team to handle the final film.

That won't happen. Spielberg has all but ensured that Colin will stay on. Not only that, but having Colin fired from 2 movies would cripple his career.

Plus - if JWFK will succeed in box office, Colin in basically intact. And I believe, that general audience will appreciate the movie in general, and studio will profit from it.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 pm

As far as I know, Steven Spielberg himself asked for Colin Trevorrow to direct JW3.
Which is good for me, since I like Trevorrow. While not as talented as Bayona behind the camera, I have high hopes that he might have learned some tricks by working with him on the set of FK. Also, say what you want about "The Book of Henry", but that movie had some really beautiful shots here and there.

About the script, the whole trilogy was planned and written by Trevorrow. It's right to let him finish it. Changing at this point would only hurt the final product.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm

The movie has now made over 700 million world wide.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:14 pm

It will probably manage to get to $1Billion worldwide total gross by the end of its run, which is a big success (although of course much less than Jurassic World, but that was expected).

That is definitely a success, without considering all the money the studio will get from merchandising, etc.

Also, I think that while Fallen Kingdom has its haters (both critics, fans and general audience), it also has a lot of lovers, many of them claiming it's the best sequel of the whole franchise (I'm in this group lol).

I think that's enough for Universal to want JW3 to come out and be directed by Trevorrow.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm

^^ Yep...it's already made $700...ironic, from a franchise the masses are constantly dismissing/underestimating.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/jurassic_park/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-claws-its-way-to-monstrous-150-million-opening-tops-700-million-worldwide-a161614
Back to top Go down
WeNeedToTalk
Embryo
Embryo
WeNeedToTalk

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 am

While I know I'm new here, something has come to my attention on Twitter and I feel that the Jurassic community should be made aware of it. Very big and very popular fandom member Jack Ewins who wrote the Masrani Global marketing site for JW, has stated today that he was also the writer of the DPG site-
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1011114071939305472

Now this would be fine if he had not marketed for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and told fans to go see it while also rating it a ten out of ten. It's fine for him to love the film and advertise it, however the way he went about it suggested he was a regular fan and not someone tied to the production. Before this point the only indication on his twitter account up to September 5th, 2017 were merely hints that he was involved such as-
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1010300273049456640
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1007049637226676224
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/941078994723790854

And RTed this statement from Colin Trevorrow-
h ttps://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/960518175946403840

While there is absolutely NO ISSUE with liking Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, it is in my opinion, morally dubious to do what Jack Ewins has done without fully disclosing his role in the production of Fallen Kingdom. Other entities such as gaming Youtubers have gotten in trouble for this kind of behavior before.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:11 am

Robotpo wrote:
^^ Yep...it's already made $700...ironic, from a franchise the masses are constantly dismissing/underestimating.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/jurassic_park/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-claws-its-way-to-monstrous-150-million-opening-tops-700-million-worldwide-a161614

Also because Jurassic movies are watched a lot by casual viewers, families, kids. Majority of people who'll watch this film doesn't even know what Rotten Tomatoes is (and that's a good thing in general).

Movies like Avengers or DC movies instead have a larger Internet fanbase and less casual viewers, so RT score might have more of a consequence.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Here's an enthusiastic article on why FK takes chances and sets up JW3:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/06/25/fallen-kingdom-box-office-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-colin-trevorrow-ja-bayona-bd-wong-jurassic-world-3/#65c429bf3083

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Robotpo wrote:

Just because a movie makes a lot of money doesn't mean that it's successful or negates the damage for the next movie.

Man of Steel and BvS being divisive were part of the reason why Justice League bombed. Same with TLJ alienating half of all Star Wars fans and why Solo bombed.

And need I point out how Zilla '98 made a profit and yet got destroyed by fans, critics, and the GA?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 pm

WeNeedToTalk wrote:
While I know I'm new here, something has come to my attention on Twitter and I feel that the Jurassic community should be made aware of it. Very big and very popular fandom member Jack Ewins who wrote the Masrani Global marketing site for JW, has stated today that he was also the writer of the DPG site-
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1011114071939305472

Now this would be fine if he had not marketed for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and told fans to go see it while also rating it a ten out of ten. It's fine for him to love the film and advertise it, however the way he went about it suggested he was a regular fan and not someone tied to the production. Before this point the only indication on his twitter account up to September 5th, 2017 were merely hints that he was involved such as-
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1010300273049456640
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/1007049637226676224
h ttps://twitter.com/Jack_Ewins/status/941078994723790854

And RTed this statement from Colin Trevorrow-
h ttps://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/960518175946403840

While there is absolutely NO ISSUE with liking Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, it is in my opinion, morally dubious to do what Jack Ewins has done without fully disclosing his role in the production of Fallen Kingdom. Other entities such as gaming Youtubers have gotten in trouble for this kind of behavior before.

Its common for people tied to production or who profit from it in some way to give it high ratings, I do not find it surprising. I myself gave it 8/10 and im not affiliated in any way with universal (disclaimer here).

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Not movie news nor good news, but Irrfan Khan has been diagnosed with a very rare form cancer.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Not movie news nor good news, but Irrfan Khan has been diagnosed with a very rare form cancer.

Yeah, and on the JP Facebook group I'm on, he said he's given up. It looks like it's terminal cancer.

Really sad. Sad

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 pm

That's awful to hear. Kinda at a loss for words right now.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Brad Jones REALLY hated this movie.

“There’s dumb, and there is hiring a flat-earther to teach a science class.”

I knew he wouldn't like it, but I'm slightly surprised that he wasn't more grumpy.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Meh, I like Brad’s Snob reviews, but I disagree with a lot of his opinions. Plus I tend to like him a lot less since continuing to support Doug Walker, but that’s for another thread.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I knew he wouldn't like it, but I'm slightly surprised that he wasn't more grumpy.

Do you fully agree with his assessment of the film?

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 pm

That sucks about Irrfan. My grandmother died from cancer. You'd think with our ever more modern medicine, we'd have a cure already.

On a lighter note: Entertainment Weekly's done a JP special edition magazine -

http://ew.com/movies/2018/06/15/jurassic-park-collectors-edition/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Robotpo wrote:

Sweet. I might pick it up if I see it somewhere.

Regardless of what your opinion on FK is, it's pretty sweet to see dinosaurs and JP so prevalent in the mainstream again, even if it ends up being short lived. Reminds me of my childhood.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

Sweet. I might pick it up if I see it somewhere.

Regardless of what your opinion on FK is, it's pretty sweet to see dinosaurs and JP so prevalent in the mainstream again, even if it ends up being short lived. Reminds me of my childhood.

Absolutely. It's been nice to see it everywhere

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Irrfan Khan being sick, that really sucks to hear he got cancer. Sad

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Yeah, and on the JP Facebook group I'm on, he said he's given up. It looks like it's terminal cancer.

Really sad. Sad

Can you pm the link to that group?

Edit: I’m not trying to be a “know it all” but it’s been known the poor guy has had cancer back in March. Or atleast heavily rumored. The fact he’s talking more about it makes me think it must be really bad. Terrible
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:50 am

So sad that Irrfan Khan has cancer... Sad he's not just a great actor (and one of the finest performances in Jurassic World, but also in Life of Pi he was amazing), but seems also like a wonderful human being.
I know it's almost impossible to beat, but I still hope he somehow manages to defeat it.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:54 am

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. This is terrible. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 am

Damn, depressing to hear about Irrfan Khan, such a great actor and person in general- his performances in Life of Pi and JW were my favorite Sad His more recent interview is pretty heartbreaking too Sad

But on a more lighter note, I agree that it's great to see JP and dinosaurs being on the spotlight again. Regardless of your opinion about the movie, the marketing for this one was miles better than JW's marketing (which felt kinda cheap tbh). Especially With all of the merchandise, games, extensive media coverage and the recent novel.

Also, not to start a debate, but even though he makes some good points about he movie's more nonsensical moments, I stopped listening to Brad (although his snob reviews are funny) and Doug after the whole "Channel Awesome" drama- now that site is truly a...Fallen Kingdom Wink

Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:39 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Do you fully agree with his assessment of the film?

Sadly yes. I had higher hopes for this movie then with the first JW movie. I wanted smarter and better. Not brainlessly stupid.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 am

I think it was smarter and better, but... well, opinions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next