Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+28
1morey
Physalisfresser
Dr. Wu
Aegyptiacus3
TRK/TrexKing
WeNeedToTalk
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Oviraptor
Dv-218
IllOrfanato
Bionic
V.a.nublarensis
Six-Foot Turkey
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
Spiegel
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
TheDreamMaster
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Troyal1
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Dead2009
dance2nite
Mr. Robustus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am

DOUBLE POST:

This interview is very interesting:

https://twitter.com/MTV/status/1011957326939598848

Also:

Interviewer "Did you feel like the audience would feel like they've been robbed if Alan Grant doesn't appear in this trilogy?"

Colin "I agree, I would feel robbed too"

Very Happy

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 am

owenpratt wrote:
DOUBLE POST:

Also:

Interviewer "Did you feel like the audience would feel like they've been robbed if Alan Grant doesn't appear in this trilogy?"

Very Happy

Wow. Does anyone else feel like it is looking increasingly likely that Grant, Ellie and Malcolm will return in JW3?

Especially after this:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Untitl15

Hopefully they will announce the cast sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sadly yes. I had higher hopes for this movie then with the first JW movie. I wanted smarter and better. Not brainlessly stupid.

It's interesting. In some ways I actually thought this film was smarter than it's predecessor, at least in terms of the moral questions it raised, but I feel it somewhat failed to deliver on them in a way that didn't feel dumbed down, hackneyed, or cliched.

Did you feel the film had any redeeming qualities at all?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brad Jones REALLY hated this movie.

“There’s dumb, and there is hiring a flat-earther to teach a science class.”

I knew he wouldn't like it, but I'm slightly surprised that he wasn't more grumpy.

Do you fully agree with his assessment of the film?

Sadly yes. I had higher hopes for this movie then with the first JW movie. I wanted smarter and better. Not brainlessly stupid.

When you saw it, did you enjoy anything about the film?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm

owenpratt wrote:
DOUBLE POST:

Also:

Very Happy

Just watched the interview (couldn't earlier as I was at work). Colin says he's conscious of the fact that Ellie never got her own movie, so maybe she will have a big role in JW3?

And Colin was totally going to say more regarding Grant's return but the interviewer cut him off!

Also I don't think JA Bayona has seen JP3. He talks about the characters seeing the pteranodons out of the window as a nod to JP. I don't think he knows that the same shot is in JP3.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I freaking hate Reddit. These people wanted the movie to fail and are obviously excited about the poor reviews. I just had a discussion with a person like this.

I think the movie is messy but it’s so damn depressing to see people with an outlook like that. It bring me down and I don’t know why.

Edit: also they want to nitpick the shit out of it. Why what’s there a active volcano?

Why were the dinos only sold for a few million (Like seriously what does that have to do whether it was good or not?).
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
DOUBLE POST:

Also:

Very Happy

Just watched the interview (couldn't earlier as I was at work). Colin says he's conscious of the fact that Ellie never got her own movie, so maybe she will have a big role in JW3?

And Colin was totally going to say more regarding Grant's return but the interviewer cut him off!

Also I don't think JA Bayona has seen JP3. He talks about the characters seeing the pteranodons out of the window as a nod to JP. I don't think he knows that the same shot is in JP3.

Dilo I think he does. The shot out of the window is extremely reminiscent of Ellie and grant looking out the window at the birds as they leave in the helicopter. Claire and Owen are also with a kid as this happens to boot XD.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I freaking hate Reddit. These people wanted the movie to fail and are obviously excited about the poor reviews. I just had a discussion with a person like this.

I think the movie is messy but it’s so damn depressing to see people with an outlook like that. It bring me down and I don’t know why.

Edit: also they want to nitpick the shit out of it. Why what’s there a active volcano?

Why were the dinos only sold for a few million (Like seriously what does that have to do whether it was good or not?).

Yeah, I think those people should just stick with documentaries or so.

I loved the movie but understand some criticism. But there's also a lot of ridicolous nitpicking over this movie...

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Lmao I have seen some of those "complaints". Now, I know that the movie has flaws and could have been better (even though in general I liked it), and I appreciate when someone points them out.

But reddit's "criticism" about the movie is something else. Some of their complaints are so emotional and so overdone it sounds like the movie personally ruined their lives or injured them horribly.

I sometimes just go there for the sheer laugher I get from the insanity there lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm

That's really sad to hear about Irrfan Khan Sad I'm curious if the studio will listen to the complaints against FK and how that would effect the next movie. It seems like most people's complaints against both JW and FK are with the script writing.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm

^^ I don't think studios should kowtow to the fans...we're not a focus group, and you can't please all the people all the time. JW felt like an attempt to both reboot and continue the franchise, remake JP, and semi-adapt the raptor soldiers Spielberg wanted in JP4, and IMO, it ended up being one of the weaker entries in the franchise in its attempts to please all quadrants of the audience.

Just look at the array of reactions of FK - some people are saying it's just more of the same, others are saying it isn't enough of the same!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Robotpo wrote:
^^ I don't think studios should kowtow to the fans...we're not a focus group, and you can't please all the people all the time. JW felt like an attempt to both reboot and continue the franchise, remake JP, and semi-adapt the raptor soldiers Spielberg wanted in JP4, and IMO, it ended up being one of the weaker entries in the franchise in its attempts to please all quadrants of the audience.

Just look at the array of reactions of FK - some people are saying it's just more of the same, others are saying it isn't enough of the same!

I don't totally disagree, but you should NOT blow them off either. That didn't work for Sony via GB 2016. And it didn't really work for Fox via Fant4stic. You can't just blow off fans. That's not how Hollywood works. You say that studios shouldn't kowtow to fans, but the MCU does just that and it doesn't have any problems. Fox did so via having X-Men: Days Of Future Past ret-con X3 out of the timeline. And Paramount is doing so via this new 'proper' T3 movie ignoring all the Terminator movies made after T2. (Although, Cameron got the rights back early, so Paramount had no choice.)

When you piss of fans, you lose money. It's just that simple.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Did you feel the film had any redeeming qualities at all?

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Brad Jones REALLY hated this movie.

“There’s dumb, and there is hiring a flat-earther to teach a science class.”

I knew he wouldn't like it, but I'm slightly surprised that he wasn't more grumpy.

Do you fully agree with his assessment of the film?

When you saw it, did you enjoy anything about the film?

I saw no redeeming qualities at all. As for finding what good I saw...The only things I remember are Rexy eating somebody, the introduction of the Baryonyx, and how accurate the Carnotaurus is. That's about it.

I'm just so furious about everything. After JW, I was expecting a new golden age of JP, that despite this franchise being grounded in reality, that it would be expanded. A cartoon show that would have tied in the OT with this new one like Star Wars: Rebels does with the OT and the prequels. And all we got was.........a few sites and a Claire book....Is this REALLY the best this franchise can do?! That is just plain pathetic. And sorry, those sites were never going to work in the eyes of the GA. When people ask "Why didn't they try to relocate the dinosaurs to Sorna" and when fans tell them "Go to this site" the GA is going to respond in 2 ways.

1. "I shouldn't have to go to a site to find out what happened."

2. "A good/decent movie shouldn't have a site to lean on as a crutch"

So in other words, we have to look at the sites as a failure from that standpoint. Not only that, but how many franchises would just accept  a few sites and a novel as expanding the lore and canon? None that I can think of.

Let me put it another way: Godzilla is basically the only competition this franchise has via dinosaur movies. Toho, the studio that owns Godzilla, is making it's own cinematic universe and is expanding the brand as a result of how successful Godzilla 2014 was and how it started the Godzillaverse. If Godzilla, which is quite more niche then JP, can be expanded, then why can't this one?

And don't even get me started of how Jake Ewins and his buddies basically nuked the Sorna population.

Any hope of this movie being good, or at least respectable and fun, was just drowned out in the sheer mindlessness and amazingly poor writing. If I wanted to see a mindlessly bad dinosaur movie, I would have just simply saw my Super Mario Bros. DVD. Yes, it's even MORE mindlessly dumb, but least it's highly entertaining of how dumb it is. This new JP/JW movie is UNenjoyably bad. It's irredeemably bad.

Say what you want about JP3. Yes, it's far more insulting (The one fight scene and Grant and Elle separating), yes it's also poorly written (The Spino not having a proper origin, or even hints and no, I won't takes those sites as canon for reasons I've mentioned a lot of times here.), yes it was made for the sake of getting a JP trilogy, yes, it has a lot of other flaws that ensures that it will be the movie that crippled the franchise. But for all of it's faults, it has 2 scenes that save it from being irredeemable: The Pterandon scene and the boat attack scene. Those 2 scenes are the moments when a respectable movie manages to claw out of the drek and soullessness and comes out. And I like both those scenes quite a lot. With JW:FK, I found no such scene. Yes, JP3 is better, or at least less crappier, then JW:FK.

That and so much waste. You know how Sobek said that J.A. Bayona was a pawn because he wanted the movie more grounded and artsy while Colin/Uni wanted it bombastic? Well, Sobek was right. Bayona was wasted. Jeff Goldblum, wasted. The guys who played Levine and Cromwell, wasted.

I should say this. If they are serious about having a mainland plot, then they should have the U.S. military kill off some, if not many of the dinosaurs and actually show it. Read what I wrote here and here. I should also make an amendment to what I have said before in the one topic I made regarding this issue. The next movie should take place 4-5 months after this one. I say that because I think that's the longest amount of time the GA would tolerate this movie justifying how long it would take the U.S. military to wipe out the dinosaurs. I know nobody wants to see dinosaur corpses with bullet holes or get blown to atoms via 105mm howitzer fire (AC-130 Specter Gunship), rocket fire or missiles (both via helicopter gunships), but it needs to happen. You just can NOT show the negative ramifications of the dinosaurs escaping to the American mainland. Doing so would not only be terrible storytelling, but would also be too oversanitized. Sorry, but this franchise is, or was, too rooted in reality for this NOT to happen. Not if the next movie wants to be taken seriously. And no, having a site to explain why the military didn't wipe out the dinosaurs sooner won't work either. For reasons I mentioned earlier.

Make Rexy the only one standing (Sorry Blue, but for the sake of a better movie, you need to be sacrificed. Have Wu fire the mortal wounding shot but have him run out of ammo and have Rexy eat him.) and then transport her to Sorna and then end the movie with the rumored T. rex ending. The one where some dinosaurs are still left and Rexy finds a T. rex family to be part of.

As a fan of this franchise since I was 5 years old back in 1993, I just feel so betrayed by what has happened since JW. The only good thing that came out of this are the Mattel toys, and even then I've only bought some  via The Super Colossal T. rex and the retooled Baby T. rex. I do plan to buy more, but I only got what I got and plan to buy some more only as a dinosaur toy collector who's rewarding Mattel for making high quality dinosaur toys. Not as a fan supporting a franchise. And even then, I don't plan to do this next time.

Oh well, at least I still have Godzilla: King Of The Monsters to look forward next year.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:29 pm

There's absolutely no shame in bailing on a franchise or a fandom if you no longer feel that you can be a fan of that particular franchise. God knows I've done it enough times. Rather than make myself (and others) miserable by continuing to persist with a franchise that obviously isn't catered towards what I'm looking for any more, I would just assume fill that part of myself with something else. Why make myself and others miserable when I don't have to?

Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Ok, no offense to anybody, but can someone explain me what is this rumored sorna ending?? I have seen absoulutely no mention of it on any site, not even in early plot leaks. Was it a super early rumor? Or was it actually the original ending before it was rewritten?
I'm just asking because there is absoulutely no info (atleast where I looked) about such ending.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
There's absolutely no shame in bailing on a franchise or a fandom if you no longer feel that you can be a fan of that particular franchise. God knows I've done it enough times. Rather than make myself (and others) miserable by continuing to persist with a franchise that obviously isn't catered towards what I'm looking for any more, I would just assume fill that part of myself with something else. Why make myself and others miserable when I don't have to?

Just sayin'.

I've thought about that. The problem is that I've seen fans rally to make franchise/properties better. Look at how Deadpool fans succeeded after the bad imposer they got in Wolverine: Origins. Not only that, but I've been a JP fan for too long to just bail, even more so considering how I was one of the few in my grade to love dinosaurs and this franchise. Yeah, I was in the minority, but I felt special, unique. Just giving that up would wind up destroying too much of my personal identity, destroying too much of myself.

Besides, I made this place too much of an 'internet home' for me to just bail here. I might be on the Off-Topic, toys, Dinosaur Jungle, and the Museum forums and comment on the movie boards here and there. But I can never quit. I've simply made myself too much at home here.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:42 pm

I agree that Jurassic should have much more of an expanded universe, the lack of which I've never understood. Really...Fast and the Furious gets a TV series but not JP? How many stories can you tell about people driving really fast?

Especially as more niche franchise, like Alien & Predator, get so many books, comics and video games, while four out of the five Jurassic films were much bigger hits that any of those films, and yet, we get very little in comparison.

The first Jurassic Park was a generation's Star Wars...not that you'd know it from the way the studio largely ignores the property. Of all the franchises that are endlessly milked, Jurassic really should be milked more!
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 pm

^I agree. Wasn't there a supposed comic prequel to JW from IDW coming out? What happened to it lol.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I agree that Jurassic should have much more of an expanded universe, the lack of which I've never understood. Really...Fast and the Furious gets a TV series but not JP? How many stories can you tell about people driving really fast?

Especially as more niche franchise, like Alien & Predator, get so many books, comics and video games, while four out of the five Jurassic films were much bigger hits that any of those films, and yet, we get very little in comparison.

The first Jurassic Park was a generation's Star Wars...not that you'd know it from the way the studio largely ignores the property. Of all the franchises that are endlessly milked, Jurassic really should be milked more!

Exactly. As I said before, i Godzilla, the biggest, and pretty much the only competition that the JP franchise has in terms of dinosaur movies are concerned, can have his franchise get larger-and inevitably Godzilla himself get larger Razz - then why can't this franchise?

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I've thought about that. The problem is that I've seen fans rally to make franchise/properties better. Look at how Deadpool fans succeeded after the bad imposer they got in Wolverine: Origins. Not only that, but I've been a JP fan for too long to just bail, even more so considering how I was one of the few in my grade to love dinosaurs and this franchise. Yeah, I was in the minority, but I felt special, unique. Just giving that up would wind up destroying too much of my personal identity, destroying too much of myself.

Besides, I made this place too much of an 'internet home' for me to just bail here. I might be on the Off-Topic forums and comment on the movie boards here and there. But I can never quit. I've simply made myself too much at home here.

Fair enough, but there is a general Film Universe section that encompasses all of the films that's somewhat separate from the World-specific section.

Also, there are avenues to reach the filmmakers that would be far more effective than our little forum here. In my mind utilizing something like Twitter would be a far more effective strategy to initiate change than our little forum.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

Exactly. As I said before, i Godzilla, the biggest, and pretty much the only competition that the JP franchise has in terms of dinosaur movies are concerned, can have his franchise get larger-and inevitably Godzilla himself get larger Razz - then why can't this franchise?

I liked the movie but do you agree with me that Maisie opens the doors wide open for...

Spoiler:

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 pm

My question is why does every franchise now have to have an expanded universe? Then everyone will complain they are copying Marvel/Disney etc.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 am

My thoughts on the film can be exemplified in MauLer's review of Fallen Kingdom, pretty much agree with everything he said in his review. Such a disappointing movie in my opinion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YY8OgxKUlg

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:11 am

My question is why does canon only have to count if it's seen on a screen?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:57 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Besides, I made this place too much of an 'internet home' for me to just bail here. I might be on the Off-Topic forums and comment on the movie boards here and there. But I can never quit. I've simply made myself too much at home here.

Fair enough, but there is a general Film Universe section that encompasses all of the films that's somewhat separate from the World-specific section.

Also, there are avenues to reach the filmmakers that would be far more effective than our little forum here. In my mind utilizing something like Twitter would be a far more effective strategy to initiate change than our little forum.

I just created a FB page about that. I'm new about this since I never done it before, so forgive me if it's a little clumsy.

https://www.facebook.com/concernedJPfans/

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

I liked the movie but do you agree with me that Maisie opens the doors wide open for...

Spoiler:

I do. If Maisie turns out to be one...whew boy....

Dead2009 wrote:
My question is why does canon only have to count if it's seen on a screen?

To be fair, it's been like that ever since...Star Wars I guess. I'm willing to accept books and cartoons shows as canon, but not sites. I've said my main reasons before so I don't have to say them again.

TRK wrote:
My question is why does every franchise now have to have an expanded universe? Then everyone will complain they are copying Marvel/Disney etc.

I don't want an expanded universe. I just want this franchise to get larger, better, and smarter. Is that really too much for a long time fan like me to ask for?

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:41 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

This new JP/JW movie is UNenjoyably bad. It's irredeemably bad.

Yes, JP3 is better, or at least less crappier, then JW:FK.

So those who do like JW:FK like terrible movies in your opinion?

LOL JW:FK is way better than than JP3.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am

Tbh, while I agree that people can have different opinions, I just can't understand how JP3 is better than FK. I will take a perhaps not perfect but interesting and visually memorable JP film that moves the story forward over a high budget "dinosaurs chasing people" asylum parody anyday lol Very Happy
As flawed as the writing in the new movies might be, nothing will ever touch the "holy grails" that are "sounds bigger", "what's a bad idea", "is that T. rex pee" and of course, "ALAN" Very Happy

Those 5 minutes at the beggining of Fallen Kingdom were more terryfiyng and intense than all of the Spinosaurus Vorheeiensis scenes combined. Not even Grant, Ellie and the Pterayesdons could save that one Very Happy

Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:12 am

Wow, I'm so glad I loved the movie and can still be hyped about this trilogy Laughing

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:41 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I just created a FB page about that. I'm new about this since I never done it before, so forgive me if it's a little clumsy.

https://www.facebook.com/concernedJPfans/

Cool. I very much so think that would be a better outlet I approve!

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am

owenpratt wrote:
Wow, I'm so glad I loved the movie and can still be hyped about this trilogy  Laughing

Me too!

In fact Fallen Kingdom has really brought my passion for the franchise back and made me very excited for JW3.

I'm so glad that I am enjoying this trilogy and not one of the ones complaining about it.

Especially after The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi pretty much killed my hype for Star Wars...
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:08 am

^It's the same thing for me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next