Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+28
1morey
Physalisfresser
Dr. Wu
Aegyptiacus3
TRK/TrexKing
WeNeedToTalk
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Oviraptor
Dv-218
IllOrfanato
Bionic
V.a.nublarensis
Six-Foot Turkey
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
Spiegel
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
TheDreamMaster
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Troyal1
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Dead2009
dance2nite
Mr. Robustus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is now available on digital release.

Gonna be seeing a lot of screen shots on Twitter xD

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Ill probably snag it once it hits blu-ray. I've been needing to get more of those anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 pm

I might get the DVD version, but only to see if I can find anything enjoyable that I missed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 pm

There are already a few scenes of FK in Movieclips, for anyone who's interested.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 am

Sorry to be a bother, but can anyone tell me what the embryos in the briefcase at the end are?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 11:34 am

Trexbreakout wrote:
Sorry to be a bother, but can anyone tell me what the embryos in the briefcase at the end are?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Embryo10

Allosaurus, Stygimoloch, Stegosaurus, Sinoceratops, Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus, Dreadnoughtus and Dilophosaurus. The rest of the labels are too out of focus to make out (although I think the one at the right of the Dilophosaurus is Tyrannosaurus).

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 7:38 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Trexbreakout wrote:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Embryo10

Allosaurus, Stygimoloch, Stegosaurus, Sinoceratops, Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus, Dreadnoughtus and Dilophosaurus. The rest of the labels are too out of focus to make out (although I think the one at the right of the Dilophosaurus is Tyrannosaurus).

Hope this means Dreadnoughtus and Dilophosaurus in JW3. Both fantastic creatures. Imagine a Dreadnoughtus walkingon the streets of a little village, with humans watching in awe and fear.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 pm

That would be cool, and we can hope, though remember we still haven't seen a Metriacanthosaur or Proceratosaur in a JP film, despite their being included at embryos 25 years ago.

It does raise the question as to whether InGen misidentified their Ceratosaur embryo however.

Also - if there are Brachio embryos, that means they may not be extinct after all!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Behind the scenes full video on YouTube. There's also a glimpse at the deleted Indoraptor playing with skull scene at 23:19.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 4:51 pm

New interview with Bayona:

http://collider.com/ja-bayona-interview-jurassic-world-2/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:14 pm

So the Dilo scene was meant to be on the Arcadia, didn't sound that exciting going by Bayona's description anyway, better to save it potentially for a better scene in the next film hopefully...
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:55 pm

dance2nite wrote:
So the Dilo scene was meant to be on the Arcadia, didn't sound that exciting going by Bayona's description anyway, better to save it potentially for a better scene in the next film hopefully...
I certainly hope that's intention on their part. If they turn around and claim they couldn't include Dilophosaurus because they didn't survive Nublar's destruction though, then the cut is going to a lot more upsetting.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 am

JVM wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
I certainly hope that's intention on their part. If they turn around and claim they couldn't include Dilophosaurus because they didn't survive Nublar's destruction though, then the cut is going to a lot more upsetting.

Yeah but we saw Wu had Dilo DNA in his briefcase when he fled so he should be able to make some more himself from scratch! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 6:28 am

dance2nite wrote:

Yeah but we saw Wu had Dilo DNA in his briefcase when he fled so he should be able to make some more himself from scratch! Wink

Was that briefcase with embryos at the end meant to be given to the person who bought the Baryonyx? I assume that scene was meant show the start of the open source plot of JW3.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Was that briefcase with embryos at the end meant to be given to the person who bought the Baryonyx? I assume that scene was meant show the start of the open source plot of JW3.

Not sure, I thought it was for Wu? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 6:01 pm

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/22/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-burning-questions/

In this interview Colin says the ending of Fallen Kingdom shows not only dinosaurs on mainland but the technology also going open source so to me it's pretty clear that the briefcase isn't for Wu.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 2:17 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/22/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-burning-questions/

In this interview Colin says the ending of Fallen Kingdom shows not only dinosaurs on mainland but the technology also going open source so to me it's pretty clear that the briefcase isn't for Wu.

Oh ok well that means that now anyone can make a Dilo... cheers
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 am

So theoretically, the the final film may not be limited to the species we know got off of the island and the species listed on the DNA container then?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Thought this was fun - JW: FK music video from Mattel

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 2:43 pm

In the same article Colin also said this about what the the scene with the briefcase of embryos meant: We're
suggesting that the purchasing extended all the way from live dinosaurs to embryos to DNA to everything.

I'm very interested to see how the open source plot plays out.

Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 9:00 am

I'm betting on a scene where Blue faces off with a anthropologically accurate Velociraptor Razz

Maybe Dodgson finally got his hand on the embryos, eh?

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Had did the Baryonyx survive being hit with lava? Did InGen genetically modified it to have super skin toughness or is it just bad logic?

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Had did the Baryonyx survive being hit with lava? Did InGen genetically modified it to have super skin toughness or is it just bad logic?

The filmmakers didn't know/care how excruciatingly hot lava can be (600-1200 °C, depending on the volcano and the size of the lava flow), and figured neither would the audience.

Claire, Franklin and the Baryonyx would all probably be very dead even if the lava didn't directly hit any of them.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Part 2 of the Collider interview:

http://collider.com/ja-bayona-jurassic-world-2-interview/#oscar-faura
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

The filmmakers didn't know/care how excruciatingly hot lava can be (600-1200 °C, depending on the volcano and the size of the lava flow), and figured neither would the audience.

Claire, Franklin and the Baryonyx would all probably be very dead even if the lava didn't directly hit any of them.

Based on an interview, I want to say Entertainment Weekly but I could very well be wrong, it sounds to me that they did their proper research, but simply let these scenes work for dramatic effect. I don't think it was the right decision myself, but it sounds that it came from choice and not outright ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I would assume most (if not all) of us already own "Fallen Kingdom" on home video, but for those who don't in the US, the film makes its debut on HBO this Saturday (March 9th)! Just wanted to give the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9