Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+28
1morey
Physalisfresser
Dr. Wu
Aegyptiacus3
TRK/TrexKing
WeNeedToTalk
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Oviraptor
Dv-218
IllOrfanato
Bionic
V.a.nublarensis
Six-Foot Turkey
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
Spiegel
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
TheDreamMaster
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Troyal1
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Dead2009
dance2nite
Mr. Robustus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

Dv-218 wrote:
I completely agree with the points above. While reviewers bring up good points, you should not let their opinion influence your own- people have different tastes, and can dislike or like the same movie for different reasons.
As for stuckmann's review...I mean, not to disrespect, but...isn't he the guy who's responsible for that "zod's snapped neck" rewrite of bvs? Very Happy
Also, i'm pretty sure he gave Jurassic World a (mostly) positive review back in 2015, yet now he claims he was "dissapointed" by it? Did he change his opinion?

For what it's worth, it seems to me that most of the hardcore base seems to think it's better than JW, so yeah...take that for what it's worth. It all depends on who's opinion you take more seriously. Who do you think you'll be able to relate to more, a critic or a fan?

Honestly, I would have loved to have stayed completely in the dark regarding reviews until I saw the thing. Unfortunately, reviews don't fall under the category of "spoiler", so it was not to be.

If any of you guys that haven't seen it yet need some hyping up after some of the bashing that's been going around, I recommend checking out Klaton Fioriti's spoiler free review of Fallen Kingdom Very Happy

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am

To be honest, it depends. Some fans either overlook all the negative things, and some never focus on the positive. In the same way, while some critics bring up good points and make well thought reviews, others i have seen have this weird bias against the franchise in general..
(Btw how do you quote?)

Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

IllOrfanato wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I get the hint from his review that the lack of
Spoiler:
really pissed him off.
Well, actually
Spoiler:

I think they left the explanations about the
Spoiler:

What Chris Stuckmann meant was that since Sorna is still canon and that dinosaurs from this Island were moved to Isla Nublar for Jurassic World, then

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby.
Spoiler:

And I agree with that. The movie would make way more sense if
there was a plan to Transport dinos to Isla Sorna in the 1st place, then surprisingly main heroes would be doublecrossed and dinos were kidnapped onto mainland.
Spoiler:

But that I guess would make it into TLW 2.0 and People would complain about nothing new.

See i think this idea would have maked way more sense. Why in the world was this a problem to say "we are taking them to Sorna"?

The outcome is the same and there is no question from the GA then.

Also where is spolers

Spoiler:

Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am

IllOrfanato wrote:

But where in the movie is it stated, that

Spoiler:

I mean, the diorama seemed like an island..? Or at least I supposed it was since it's the most logical place to put the dinosaurs in a place without humans.

As far as we know, the Sanctuary island could be even closer to Nublar than Sorna. Also, Sorna could still be under some jurisdiction so Lockwood chose some free island that he probably bought.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Also, Sorna could still be under some jurisdiction so Lockwood chose some free island that he probably bought.

The DPG made that point on Twitter actually.

https://twitter.com/DinoProtectGrp/status/1007426217329319936

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

owenpratt wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

Spoiler:

I mean, the diorama seemed like an island..? Or at least I supposed it was since it's the most logical place to put the dinosaurs in a place without humans.

As far as we know, the Sanctuary island could be even closer to Nublar than Sorna. Also, Sorna could still be under some jurisdiction so Lockwood chose some free island that he probably bought.

This is why i wish Colin would TELL US through dialogue where this place is, exactly why it's the best place etc. Call it a nitpick but i'd love more time exploring motivations of characters and the universe.

edit: that twitter link he just posted^^^^

Would have been perfect to say that in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 pm

That would probably make things a bit clearer for the GA. It's kinda like the Rex in JW being the same Rex from the OG, but the film itself making no reference to it.

That being said, since we know all of this extra information, perhaps that means we'll enjoy this movie on a level that the GA or the critics won't.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:12 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I get the hint from his review that the lack of
Spoiler:
really pissed him off.
Well, actually
Spoiler:

I think they left the explanations about the
Spoiler:

What Chris Stuckmann meant was that since Sorna is still canon and that dinosaurs from this Island were moved to Isla Nublar for Jurassic World, then

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby.
Spoiler:

And I agree with that. The movie would make way more sense if
there was a plan to Transport dinos to Isla Sorna in the 1st place, then surprisingly main heroes would be doublecrossed and dinos were kidnapped onto mainland.
Spoiler:

But that I guess would make it into TLW 2.0 and People would complain about nothing new.

That's exactly what was going to happen, but they were double crossed. Except
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:15 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby

But that's exactly what the characters wanted to do, bring them to an island (not Sorna, but whatever). But then Mills took them to the mainland for the auction.

Spoiler:

There was
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
I completely agree with the points above. While reviewers bring up good points, you should not let their opinion influence your own- people have different tastes, and can dislike or like the same movie for different reasons.
As for stuckmann's review...I mean, not to disrespect, but...isn't he the guy who's responsible for that hillariously awful "tell that to zod's snapped neck" rewrite of bvs? Very Happy
Also, i'm pretty sure he gave Jurassic World a (mostly) positive review back in 2015, yet now he claims he was "dissapointed" by it? Did he change his opinion?

He enjoyed it, but was still disappointed by it, I think. I'm still surprised that this film got a lower grade considering every aspect of this film is a step up from World regardless if people still think it's bad.

I do love this movie and will defend it, but Colin really needed to mention Sorna to justify these Nublar Dinos as being the last of their kind. It could have been quickly mentioned and it wouldn't have hurt the pacing. That and the Geothermal power excuse for building on a volcano. Can't believe they were missed.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm

^^ In Trevorrow's defense, TLW and JP3 basically pretended Nublar didn't exist for all intents and purposes...the only hint we got was Ludlow's remark about the disposal of assets "both organic and inorganic" in the boardroom scene, which or may not have been canon, and made people think the dinosaurs on Nublar had been killed off in-between movies.

Apparently, this franchise can't handle more than one island at a time. That's why I didn't find their blowing up Nublar to be that sad - because the franchise already abandoned the original island from 1997-2015, and in the original intent of the writers, there probably weren't dinosaurs there any more anyway.

Also - Bayona says that they cut a scene with a couple of Dilophosaurs from the film!

http://collider.com/ja-bayona-interview-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

It seems there won't be any deleted scenes in the blu-ray either...

Is this one them?

https://images2.imgbox.com/04/87/3UUn10qF_o.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Robotpo wrote:
^^ In Trevorrow's defense, TLW and JP3 basically pretended Nublar didn't exist for all intents and purposes...the only hint we got was Ludlow's remark about the disposal of assets "both organic and inorganic" in the boardroom scene, which or may not have been canon, and made people think the dinosaurs on Nublar had been killed off in-between movies.

Apparently, this franchise can't handle more than one island at a time. That's why I didn't find their blowing up Nublar to be that sad - because the franchise already abandoned the original island from 1997-2015, and in the original intent of the writers, there probably weren't dinosaurs there any more anyway.

Also - Bayona says that they cut a scene with a couple of Dilophosaurs from the film!

Is this one them?

So that sucks that we wont see the deleted scene with the dilophosaurs.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Do you think they potentially cut too much out of the movie, resulting in the extremely fast pacing? Bayona said the first cut was 2h 45 minutes and the final cut was 2h 8 minutes. That's a lot of stuff even if Bayona claims none of it was important.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Robotpo wrote:

I am seriously so freaking triggered right now...

I hate learning about cool scenes that were cut from movies. It was the same in Jurassic World with the mososaur monorail attack.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

I hate learning about cool scenes that were cut from movies. It was the same in Jurassic World with the mososaur monorail attack.

WHAT

That last part?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

WHAT

That last part?

They planned a scene where the monorail got stuck over the mososaur tank during the pterosaur attack and it got attacked by the pterosaurs and the mososaur but it was cut before filming. Here's some concept art:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:11 pm

So...
1) The first Fallen Kingdom cut was 2 hours and 45 minutes
2) They cut a scene with 2 Dilophosaurus
3) Bayona decided not to put any deleted scenes in the BluRay since they all are not meaningful

..okay.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 pm

owenpratt wrote:
So...
1) The first Fallen Kingdom cut was 2 hours and 45 minutes
2) They cut a scene with 2 Dilophosaurus
3) Bayona decided not to put any deleted scenes in the BluRay since they all are not meaningful

..okay.

So it was just half an hour of nothing then? lol
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Holy shit guys, while searching for that concept art of the monorail attack I stumbled across a page that is full of awesome scenes that were cut from the movie:

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/early-jurassic-world-storyboards-reveal-unused-park-attractions--action-sequences
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Yeah, there was a lot of cool stuff cut from JW...seems like they had included the chase through the Sauropod herd at one point as well.

I wonder if it was an issue of budget, or if Colin was simply not comfortable with big set pieces?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:45 pm

And it's not just big set pieces that were cut. They seem to have cut a lot of stuff that just showed the park and various exhibits in operation. I would have loved to have seen more of that, even if it was just shown as one big montage or something. I'm honestly kinda bummed that we didn't get these scenes.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Robotpo wrote:

Is this one them?

Where did you find that picture?

Also as you guys can imagined i am PISSED right now. Wow Dilo fans are never catching a break. I don't believe they even care. We are just about in the same boat as the spino.

Just about about lost ALL respect for Colin at this point because it's not clever or funny in any way. Yes i am upset. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

^^ Here's the link: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/jurassic_park/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-hi-res-stills-see-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-return-to-isla-nublar-a161199
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Robotpo wrote:
^^ Here's the link: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/jurassic_park/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-hi-res-stills-see-chris-pratt-bryce-dallas-howard-return-to-isla-nublar-a161199

thank you
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:

Agreed. I already got mad months ago and made peace with it when the marketing started. And i made peace with it after JW. But knowing this brought back that anger again.

If they don't want it in the movie then they need to stop teasing us in the films and telling us stuff like this in interviews. And then he goes on to say there prob won't be deleted scenes(then maybe don't talk about it lol). i have to say it has put a damper on my excited mood hours before i see this movie. To know i came that close to getting what i wanted is just terrible Sad . It makes me feel like they just don't care and went out of their way NOT to put it in even the background.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Also, Sorna could still be under some jurisdiction so Lockwood chose some free island that he probably bought.

The DPG made that point on Twitter actually.

https://twitter.com/DinoProtectGrp/status/1007426217329319936

This is exactly the same issue I have with Jurassic World: lore information that connects other movies is NOT IN THE MOVIE. And for crying out loud - a tweet? From a week ago? Week after world premiere?

I am not buing it

Furthermore:

1. It is a shame there will not be any extended cut, but I refuse to believe it was Bayonas decission
2. Mosasaur attacking monorail was never cut from the Jurassic World - it was never shot.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:07 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:

2. Mosasaur attacking monorail was never cut from the Jurassic World - it was never shot.

I know, I did say it was cut before filming. Still, knowing that they had that awesome concept and didn't use it is what annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

I know, I did say it was cut before filming. Still, knowing that they had that awesome concept and didn't use it is what annoys me.

I can't find the source for you but i remember they talked about a portion of the movie that had to be significantly cut back in pre production. I am guessing they mean the vast park scenes.

They prob would not have cut down if they knew how much it would have made.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Agreed. I already got mad months ago and made peace with it when the marketing started. And i made peace with it after JW.   [/spoiler]

I was the same, until I saw this video by Klayton Fioriti where he heavily hinted that the dilo had a cameo in the opening scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzneNTf_JI4

Got my hopes up for nothing...

Fallen Kingdom would have been the perfect place to bring the dilo back...

Troyal1 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Now I'm 100% mad.

Dilophosaurus cut from it???2????WTF is happening at Universal??? The fans asked for this for YEARS. They must be trolling.

Also, there'll be deleted scenes Bayona, with or without you. I want to see them, specially if there's Wu in it.

How can you call Dilophosaurus scene's irrelevant??? FANS WANT TO SEE THEM

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next