Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 JPLegacy Memorial Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:20 am

Monolophosaurus wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
If you dont like this place why dont you go to the JP Reddit or Jurassic Outpost lmao I'm seriously trying not to fucking let loose. Can someone block me from this site or something.

Traitorous Critic Fallacy/ergo decedo. Also an ad hominem, rather than debunking arguments you just make some offhand comment and act like that is sufficient. If you want this site to die, that's fine.

Actually the JP Reddit looks sort of appealing, but I wouldn't join there. Outpost looks pretty cool though.

Haahahahahahaha.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:18 am

Jesus everyone, you all need to calm down. There isn't any reason to call the Jurassic Park fandom dead, it's in peak if anything. JPL is dead, the fandom will move on.

No one expects this site in its current form to be the JPL replacement. If anything, we already have a JPL replacement and that's Jurassic Outpost. I'd post there more if it wasn't for that the users here who are my friends are not there. That's the real difference. The reason why we're posting here is because of the users, and to me I don't care if this site doesn't become popular I just want to keep in contact with everyone and this is the current form of doing so.

If you ask me, the perfect solution is a mass migration to Outpost. The forum isn't very big but if a bunch of us move there and request changes to the forum, I'm sure they'll consider it. It's a scary thought for a lot users, particularly the moderators here who has power and had it on JPL because they'd have to give that up. But I think it's worth it because the website is stable.

But no one needs go all crazy or angry about this. At the end of the day we can't take this stuff too seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Lord Kristine wrote:
It also says something that I was willing to pay that much, and the feelings of so many people were disregarded. I lost everything.

If you could stop merely thinking about yourself and consider that Ty put 15+ years of his life into that site. He gave it everything he had. Literally everything. From money, his time and his health. The man had every right to shut JPL down because he owned the site. I personally feel JPL could have lived on under new management but that was no ones decision to make other than Ty's and he didn't want it that way. A choice we should respect, regardless of whether we disagree with it or not.

As has been said, JPL was a community and a vast majority of that community have moved here. A website is what you make it but if you don't want to continue to be a part of the community then that is your choice and we respect that, however, you should consider the fact that there is no difference in the community we have here aside from the url.

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
1. The removal to JPL was selfish. Let’s look at the reasoning you have proposed for its shut down here. Also I'm sure a lot of us can remember the closing threads on JPL.

Megaspino2 wrote:
I do understand where you're coming from Lk and I do feel bad for your loss but sometimes people just get to a breaking point with things. I won't put Ty down because he decided to wash his hands with the site but I agree that the torch could have been passed to us. I feel the staff here are more than capable of running this place and I have no doubt we could have run things at Jpl just fine.

On one final note though, can you honestly blame Ty for all the crap he had been taking over the years to just get to a breaking point? His methods of operation were questionable at times but I doubt many people could have lasted as long as he did.

So what we have here is he failure to see that the community should outweigh the individual. Ty reached his breaking point because he couldn't stand the idea that JPL canon and website were the only thoughts, ideas, and opinions that the fans believed it. No matter how you look at it, JPL was a fan built website, it was not owned by the original creator of the Jurassic Park idea, Michael Crichton, or the any of the directors or producers from the film franchise. The canon formed at JPL, which was well researched and approached in a way that attempted to remove opinion, seemed very logical and correct. However, there are plot holes in the books and movies that can only lead to speculation, theories, and opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own and if they don’t prescribe to JPL's that’s their own right. Ty could not deal with anyone having thoughts outside of JPL's canon, no matter how logical and well proven they were, you can’t own the Internet's view on a franchise. You can’t. His inability to accept others existing, yes I mean the idea of other websites having fans that agreed to a canon outside of JPL's, was the demise of JPL. Its literally like talking religion. Everyone has their own beliefs. However, because Muslims exist, or different sects of the same religion, you don’t burn all the bibles and forget the religion existed, storing the scripture in an Ark somewhere hidden away for all time. The idea that we are capable of saying we don’t want anyone to think any different from us, even if the plagiarize and use some of the same ideas thus making their thoughts have some of the same foundation as ours, is ridiculous. Stop clinging to the idea that its ok to remove all the work done by the community because one man "hit his breaking point," over people having different thoughts on their own sites, and took it away is ok.

I never said it was okay for him to not pass the torch. As I said before I believe the rest of the staff could have handled the site just fine and agree that his decision to refuse us to continue on the "legacy" was selfish. I also will agree that Ty did create a lot of problems by trying to police a central canon, but let us also realize that the other parties are not innocent. One of the biggest controversial time periods in the site's history revolved around a member who wanted to take over the site so he could promote his own fan ideas as ideas that were researched by the staff of the encyclopedia. I don't want to get into the more recent issues publicly but if you want to shoot me a PM we can discuss it.

Yes, it isn't right that JPL is gone but what could we possibly have done? We the staff and the members of JPL all tried many different things to get Ty to keep the site and he refused. It isn't like we can picket and protest outside of his house, he had power as the webmaster and that was that. Also Dead brings up an excellent point, this is an internet forum not a job. It is a hobby for people, and it is not worth anyone's mental health over. And this brings me to my second point:

JPL towards the end wasn't booming with activity, in fact, it was quite inactive. Not every thread in every single section was getting posts, and certain threads just lend themselves to more activity because not every single person is interested in say fan fiction or the video games mods or the novels. The film and general discussion threads will always get more action because they reach a broad audience. That's not to say any of the things I mentioned or things I failed to mention are bad or not worth any time; they can be very interesting actually. However, it's not everyone's cup of tea and people should understand that.

Now as to the staff being police instead of leaders because not all of us are posting on every single thread I will say this: again it is not a job. Most of us are in our 20's which means our lives at this point are more important. It is also summer and as I mentioned  to the staff before, summer is a time when life drags us away from our "normal" routine. It is a time for families, vacations and being outside; this may be the case with staff members as well as our members. You cannot say that the JPL staff posted on every thread because that isn't true. Also, we can't push certain threads or sections on our members; we offer them and encourage everyone to participate in discussion of all areas of the fandom but there is also a freedom of choice where members will usually post in areas that they like. As a matter of fact, in the past Ty wanted to shut down the general discussion area of JPL to promote more discussion in other areas of the forum like the films section (this was way before we knew JW was even going to come to fruition.) I doubt people would want to go to such extremes and I don't condone it or approve of it so to me the freedom of choice works.

Let me first say, I dont mean or intend to offend you MegaSpino2, or any other staff members. However, I will speak in truths about these issues and some of them may be uncomfortable.

Yes, activity can not be controlled, nor can the interest of members. Its great for people to have interest in a lot of topics including things unrelated to Jurassic Park. However, the community here was brought together by an interest in Jurassic Park. No, you cant force them to be more interested in one thing over the other. This site is meant to be the spiritual successor to JPL, at least thats what had been posted originally. Yet, we dont have any projects or regularly updated news (Jurassic Outpost seems to post a ton of news) to encourage activity, engage JP fans, or inspire more interest. That falls on the staff just as much as the community, more so the staff though. Thats the issue.

My interest lies heavily in the RPG but it has dwindled away. Why? Well we dont have timely updates to progress the game along and characters submitted for approval haven't been reviewed or accepted yet. So, for us RPG lovers the game has stalled completely. Now there are less and less posts and activity is down to nearly zero. That issue is literally based on the staff, and not just the RPG staff because someone could be pushing the RPG staff to ensure the duties they volunteered to complete are completed. Thats just my example based on my interest.

You are correct, this isn't a job. However, I do believe when you wish to become staff you are accepting a bit of responsibility for the forum and community. You have a direct influence on the day to day operation here. No, you cant make people do anything but you're influence can be used to to encourage activity, engage JP fans, or inspire more interest just as I said before. I feel there are a host of projects we could be working on for the community and the board but the staff should be the ones to do so. That doesnt mean you have to post in every thread or engage in every discussion. However, you could post things that encourage others to view a thread or engage in a discussion on the portal's main page. "Lord Kristine has started a thread in the fan fiction area about this or that, be sure to check it out and enjoy! *LINK*." I mean something as simple as that might catch a few people's attention. Like we both said, this is a hobby. However, by staff at the RPG not keeping things rolling there you have in essence taken away my hobby be allowing activity to die, thats the bottom line.


Nedryland wrote:
Lord Kristine wrote:
It also says something that I was willing to pay that much, and the feelings of so many people were disregarded. I lost everything.

If you could stop merely thinking about yourself and consider that Ty put 15+ years of his life into that site. He gave it everything he had. Literally everything. From money, his time and his health. The man had every right to shut JPL down because he owned the site. I personally feel JPL could have lived on under new management but that was no ones decision to make other than Ty's and he didn't want it that way. A choice we should respect, regardless of whether we disagree with it or not.

As has been said, JPL was a community and a vast majority of that community have moved here. A website is what you make it but if you don't want to continue to be a part of the community then that is your choice and we respect that, however,  you should consider the fact that there is no difference in the community we have here aside from the url.

Thats completely rude. How you can compare whats more selfish is silly to say the least. The fact that Lord Kristine wanted to remain a part of a community where all her work was being a selfish act is beyond me. So her involvement, interest, and passion to keep JPL around was selfish and lets remember she was far from the only one who wanted it that way. Tons of members and staff wanted to keep JPL around.

However, its not selfish for one man, unable to bear "the internet", to shut down and remove all traces of work and community built over 15 years from everyone involved. Thats not selfish? Its more selfish for people who didnt want to see it go? Plenty of other people poured things into JPL and they have every right to be upset or pissed off about its loss.

Yes, Ty had the right to shut down the site he owned and he did. We seem to forget though these things called morals and ethics. The same things that might say "Hey, ya know this JPL thing isnt for me, its causing a lot of issues in my life but I built a community that so many people love and have contributed to I cant just take it away. Maybe I can find some people I trust to keep it and I can just step away. I wouldnt want to hurt anyone or take away their passion because of my own issues." You can sit here and just keep throwing the same pity party over and over about how Ty was basically internet bullied about canon until he quit, but it doesnt change the fact that there were hundreds of people involved and in love with JPL. His own needs outweighed all of those people. He could have ignored the outside problems, he could passed the torch, he could have just pushed the power button on his computer. I'm sure one of you will say that there was more going on behind the scenes and thats why. Well then share it, let the people who are upset and literally feeling broken about JPL hear it. It doesnt have to be a secert, its not classified or are we going to say we want to respect Ty's wishes of keeping it secert? THus taking the moral high ground for him when he took the moral low ground for the community.

You're right JPL is gone but there is no need to marginalize people being upset by it. Ty might have started it and put himself into but he invited a community of people to do the same. They contributed, they donated, the researched, and they built the community as much as he did, so lets take a moment and remember that. Is it JPL and the community you loved or was it just Ty? Honestly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 pm

You guys are taking this way too seriously. This isn't a "Ty Memorial Thread" and I honestly doubt he gives a damn about who's on his side and who's not so on his side. At the end of the day he moved on so eventually we must do the same. Seems like people are too caught up in what could of saved JPL over what could make JPP just as great.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
You guys are taking this way too seriously. This isn't a "Ty Memorial Thread" and I honestly doubt he gives a damn about who's on his side and who's not so on his side. At the end of the day he moved on so eventually we must do the same.  Seems like people are too caught up in what could of saved JPL over what could make JPP just as great.

Thats exactly my point. Lord Kristine feels a certain way and instead of acknowledging it and maybe relating, its all about Ty. You're right, hes gone and we need to move on. People arent happy with his choice and they are allowed to feel that way. I dont think running to his defense when someone is upset about what happened to JPL, especially because they arent shit talking him, is beyond silly.

We do need to talk about what could have save JPL because its completely relevant to making JPP great. Right now, JPP is little more than a place were the same people just talk about random topics. I'd like to see us focus on some JP related projects or something, to give us a sense of purpose and community. However, that requires more than what we are getting right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Monolophosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Home.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Monolophosaurus wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
If you dont like this place why dont you go to the JP Reddit or Jurassic Outpost lmao I'm seriously trying not to fucking let loose. Can someone block me from this site or something.

Traitorous Critic Fallacy/ergo decedo. Also an ad hominem, rather than debunking arguments you just make some offhand comment and act like that is sufficient. If you want this site to die, that's fine.

Actually the JP Reddit looks sort of appealing, but I wouldn't join there. Outpost looks pretty cool though.

Haahahahahahaha.

Very well thought out response. /s
I'm confused by your motivation so I'll just move on to something else.

Anyway, to more pressing matters, Spiegel and Dead are both correct. This is not about Ty. I mean its time for a dash of truth, Ty's wishes are almost irrelevant at this point. He isn't even here anymore. It may have been his site, but that doesn't mean for a second that his wishes override that of hundreds of people. Ty wasn't the only person that ever worked on JPLegacy ever, the body of fans, the community, the other staff, did stuff too. Everyone acting like Ty was some warrior who had to go on some epic journey on his own, without any help whatsoever, to set up *gasp* an INTERNET FORUM. Oh, he and his site died for your sins, oh, he turned water into whine, he spent his life being tortured by aliens and on and on and on and... oh and remember to repent and say 20 hail Ty's! This is a community, not a dictatorship. We are letting a person who is no longer part of the community decide how we should run an entirely different website.

Personally, I don't even really know what I wish this site had. I mean an encyclopedia would be great. But above all I want an active community, an actual fanbase, active, fair, and caring moderators. Just more... things. More stuff. We spend a lot of time discussing stuff irrelevant to Jurassic Park. JPLegacy felt huge. JPLegacy felt... friendly (well for the most part), JPLegacy had more stuff to do, to look at, to enjoy. It is all stuff I should have taken advantage of while I was there, but I didn't. In my mind, Jurassic Outpost is trying to be that (of course completely incomplete, moving at such a slow-ass pace, really almost failing). This site, the Portal, should be trying that but the wishes of one man who is no longer here are holding us back, it seems. Don't let Outpost win over the fanbase.

And to those of you saying the Jurassic Park community is at a peak... no. The Jurassic World community is at a peak. The Jurassic Park community is almost dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Lol Jurassic Outpost wanted to become us and they won. You should have seen how the people at Reddit rejoiced when we finally died out. We tried to work with them (went along the lines of "Hey we see that you are trying to make an Encyclopedia, but we think for the benefit of both you can help work with us on ours, which has been around since the turn of the decade"), and they pretty much said "Nah we want unity but then we dont we're gonna do out own fucking thing like dicks, fuck your Encyclopedia btw we're gonna use it for information on ours as well fuck you hahah #JurassicOutpost #TeamJurassic" And dont get me started on the shit they pulled on JPToys.

They managed to woo the fandom with their flashy graphics, high-tech websites and 'insider sources' (remember when they said the canned JW console game was gonna come back and didnt back up their shit AT ALL and basically were like 'Believe us! We have insider sources! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!', JPL had an outdated look, practically no budget and not enough technicaly know-how to update anything. They successfully did what they wanted to do from the beginning; become us. I'll bet your fucking ass when the day after JPL died they were laughing behind their computer screens, or in a group chat (we (the staff) have one too, so its likely they have one too but dont tell anyone shhhh).

Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down. I will always miss JPL; it was the first real place on the Internet I joined. It taught me Internet manners, it taught me how to interact, and it taught me how to type and organize my thoughts. For that I will always thank and respect Ty for creating JPL.

Oh, and if anyone from Outpost are lurking around here (which they undoubtedly are) reading my post, go ahead and take me up on Twitter or Facebook. Do it in public for everyone to see if it matters that fucking much. I've expressed my distaste with you in the past (for which I foolishly apologized), I will gladly do it again.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Spiegel wrote:

Nedryland wrote:
Lord Kristine wrote:
It also says something that I was willing to pay that much, and the feelings of so many people were disregarded. I lost everything.

If you could stop merely thinking about yourself and consider that Ty put 15+ years of his life into that site. He gave it everything he had. Literally everything. From money, his time and his health. The man had every right to shut JPL down because he owned the site. I personally feel JPL could have lived on under new management but that was no ones decision to make other than Ty's and he didn't want it that way. A choice we should respect, regardless of whether we disagree with it or not.

As has been said, JPL was a community and a vast majority of that community have moved here. A website is what you make it but if you don't want to continue to be a part of the community then that is your choice and we respect that, however,  you should consider the fact that there is no difference in the community we have here aside from the url.

Thats completely rude. How you can compare whats more selfish is silly to say the least. The fact that Lord Kristine wanted to remain a part of a community where all her work was being a selfish act is beyond me. So her involvement, interest, and passion to keep JPL around was selfish and lets remember she was far from the only one who wanted it that way. Tons of members and staff wanted to keep JPL around.

However, its not selfish for one man, unable to bear "the internet", to shut down and remove all traces of work and community built over 15 years from everyone involved. Thats not selfish? Its more selfish for people who didnt want to see it go? Plenty of other people poured things into JPL and they have every right to be upset or pissed off about its loss.

Yes, Ty had the right to shut down the site he owned and he did. We seem to forget though these things called morals and ethics. The same things that might say "Hey, ya know this JPL thing isnt for me, its causing a lot of issues in my life but I built a community that so many people love and have contributed to I cant just take it away. Maybe I can find some people I trust to keep it and I can just step away. I wouldnt want to hurt anyone or take away their passion because of my own issues." You can sit here and just keep throwing the same pity party over and over about how Ty was basically internet bullied about canon until he quit, but it doesnt change the fact that there were hundreds of people involved and in love with JPL. His own needs outweighed all of those people. He could have ignored the outside problems, he could passed the torch, he could have just pushed the power button on his computer. I'm sure one of you will say that there was more going on behind the scenes and thats why. Well then share it, let the people who are upset and literally feeling broken about JPL hear it. It doesnt have to be a secert, its not classified or are we going to say we want to respect Ty's wishes of keeping it secert? THus taking the moral high ground for him when he took the moral low ground for the community.

You're right JPL is gone but there is no need to marginalize people being upset by it. Ty might have started it and put himself into but he invited a community of people to do the same. They contributed, they donated, the researched, and they built the community as much as he did, so lets take a moment and remember that. Is it JPL and the community you loved or was it just Ty? Honestly?

I put my own time in JPL, I done a lot for the site and I know other around me and before did the same, if not more. I didn't want JPL to go, I am upset that it shut down but let us come back to reality for a second. JPL is gone but the very same community is here, in fact some of former members are here now as well. We're a community built up of people with a passion for a franchise, if people don't want to move with the community from one URL to another, then that is up to them but everything is practically the same here.

If you're all so upset that JPL closed why don't you just ship that same passion over here and continue that spirit? We the members made JPL, we can make this place too. Don't want to move on? Don't.

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Lol Jurassic Outpost wanted to become us and they won. You should have seen how the people at Reddit rejoiced when we finally died out. We tried to work with them (went along the lines of "Hey we see that you are trying to make an Encyclopedia, but we think for the benefit of both you can help work with us on ours, which has been around since the turn of the decade"), and they pretty much said "Nah we want unity but then we dont we're gonna do out own fucking thing like dicks, fuck your Encyclopedia btw we're gonna use it for information on ours as well fuck you hahah #JurassicOutpost #TeamJurassic" And dont get me started on the shit they pulled on JPToys.

They managed to woo the fandom with their flashy graphics, high-tech websites and 'insider sources' (remember when they said the canned JW console game was gonna come back and didnt back up their shit AT ALL and basically were like 'Believe us! We have insider sources! Like us on Facebook and  follow us on Twitter!', JPL had an outdated look, practically no budget and not enough technicaly know-how to update anything. They successfully did what they wanted to do from the beginning; become us. I'll bet your fucking ass when the day after JPL died they were laughing behind their computer screens, or in a group chat (we (the staff) have one too, so its likely they have one too but dont tell anyone shhhh).

Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down. I will always miss JPL; it was the first real place on the Internet I joined. It taught me Internet manners, it taught me how to interact, and it taught me how to type and organize my thoughts. For that I will always thank and respect Ty for creating JPL.

Oh, and if anyone from Outpost are lurking around here (which they undoubtedly are) reading my post, go ahead and take me up on Twitter or Facebook. Do it in public for everyone to see if it matters that fucking much. I've expressed my distaste with you in the past (for which I foolishly apologized), I will gladly do it again.

No one is even talking about joining Jurassic Out Post. You're a member there. I saw your introduction post where you said you that you hoped it that the issues between JPL and JOP wouldnt interfere with you being there. I'd copy and paste it, to help you remember but oldy their website is down now . . . Also, your internet manners are lacking as you are the one throwing around all the profanity and basically telling people to bug off. Its fine to respect Ty. Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community. You can sit there and be mad about all this like child, and block me on facebook for having an opinion, but its not helping. We both know why you retired so why you're acting like this when you would actually agree with the things I've pointed out about JPP are beyond me.

Nedryland wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I put my own time in JPL, I done a lot for the site and I know other around me and before did the same, if not more. I didn't want JPL to go, I am upset that it shut down but let us come back to reality for a second. JPL is gone but the very same community is here, in fact some of former members are here now as well. We're a community built up of people with a passion for a franchise, if people don't want to move with the community from one URL to another, then that is up to them but everything is practically the same here.

If you're all so upset that JPL closed why don't you just ship that same passion over here and continue that spirit? We the members made JPL, we can make this place too. Don't want to move on? Don't.

This is what I'm saying, there is a lack of anything going on here contributing to the forward movement of the community. No news posted, no group projects or chat box parties, the RPG isn't updated. Nothing. I'm here mostly for the RPG and thats gone right down the tubes as its not being kept up with for the millionth time.

I'm not mocking the staff. I'm not complaining about JPL being gone. What I'm saying is you guys, the staff, should be doing somethings to keep the community interested and to move it forward from JPL. Inspire some activity, encourage some research, or something. Thats not being done, again the RPG isnt updated as to the time of day or weather, however Lord Kristine was venting or expressing her feelings about losing some of her work and missing JPL and what happened? Well the staff popped up and proceeded to do nothing but defend Ty's decision. She's not ok with it and thats her opinion. Let her vent.

My problem here is the JPP was like the follow up to JPL, "The Spirtual Successor," and with everything gone and deleted there is so much rebuilding to do. Its not being done. There are so many things that we could be working on and its not happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Queens, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 pm

I still think this site has the potential to be something great. It might not ever be as big as JPL, but it can be something new and fresh without a lot of the drama that built up on JPL over time. There are a lot of fans of this series that would just like to have a fun place to talk about it without fighting over canon, etc. Occasional "news" posts on the main page about the franchise would be nice - they don't even have to be news, necessarily. How about something like a weekly caption contest, occasional cosplay spotlights, even "character of the week" type stuff (or locations, scenes, etc.) just to start discussions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:34 pm

smaugtheterrible wrote:
I still think this site has the potential to be something great. It might not ever be as big as JPL, but it can be something new and fresh without a lot of the drama that built up on JPL over time. There are a lot of fans of this series that would just like to have a fun place to talk about it without fighting over canon, etc. Occasional "news" posts on the main page about the franchise would be nice - they don't even have to be news, necessarily. How about something like a weekly caption contest, occasional cosplay spotlights, even "character of the week" type stuff (or locations, scenes, etc.) just to start discussions?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There's at least one member, myself, and now smaugtheterrible who are saying the same thing, do something with the community. Do more than just sit here and let it work itself out, because its not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
Lol Jurassic Outpost wanted to become us and they won. You should have seen how the people at Reddit rejoiced when we finally died out. We tried to work with them (went along the lines of "Hey we see that you are trying to make an Encyclopedia, but we think for the benefit of both you can help work with us on ours, which has been around since the turn of the decade"), and they pretty much said "Nah we want unity but then we dont we're gonna do out own fucking thing like dicks, fuck your Encyclopedia btw we're gonna use it for information on ours as well fuck you hahah #JurassicOutpost #TeamJurassic" And dont get me started on the shit they pulled on JPToys.

They managed to woo the fandom with their flashy graphics, high-tech websites and 'insider sources' (remember when they said the canned JW console game was gonna come back and didnt back up their shit AT ALL and basically were like 'Believe us! We have insider sources! Like us on Facebook and  follow us on Twitter!', JPL had an outdated look, practically no budget and not enough technicaly know-how to update anything. They successfully did what they wanted to do from the beginning; become us. I'll bet your fucking ass when the day after JPL died they were laughing behind their computer screens, or in a group chat (we (the staff) have one too, so its likely they have one too but dont tell anyone shhhh).

Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down. I will always miss JPL; it was the first real place on the Internet I joined. It taught me Internet manners, it taught me how to interact, and it taught me how to type and organize my thoughts. For that I will always thank and respect Ty for creating JPL.

Oh, and if anyone from Outpost are lurking around here (which they undoubtedly are) reading my post, go ahead and take me up on Twitter or Facebook. Do it in public for everyone to see if it matters that fucking much. I've expressed my distaste with you in the past (for which I foolishly apologized), I will gladly do it again.

No one is even talking about joining Jurassic Out Post. You're a member there. I saw your introduction post where you said you that you hoped it that the issues between JPL and JOP wouldnt interfere with you being there. I'd copy and paste it, to help you remember but oldy their website is down now . . .Also, you internet manners are lacking as you are the one throwing around all the profanity and basically telling people to bug off. Its fine to respect Ty. Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community. You can sit there and be mad about all this like child, and block me on facebook for having an opinion, but its not helping. We both know why you retired so why you're acting like this when you would actually agree with the things I've pointed out about JPP are beyond me.

Nedryland wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I put my own time in JPL, I done a lot for the site and I know other around me and before did the same, if not more. I didn't want JPL to go, I am upset that it shut down but let us come back to reality for a second. JPL is gone but the very same community is here, in fact some of former members are here now as well. We're a community built up of people with a passion for a franchise, if people don't want to move with the community from one URL to another, then that is up to them but everything is practically the same here.

If you're all so upset that JPL closed why don't you just ship that same passion over here and continue that spirit? We the members made JPL, we can make this place too. Don't want to move on? Don't.

This is what I'm saying, there is a lack of anything going on here contributing to the forward movement of the community. No news posted, no group projects or chat box parties, the RPG isn't updated. Nothing. I'm here mostly for the RPG and thats gone right down the tubes as its not being kept up with for the millionth time.

I'm not mocking the staff. I'm not complaining about JPL being gone. What I'm saying is you guys, the staff, should be doing somethings to keep the community interested and to move it forward from JPL. Inspire some activity, encourage some research, or something. Thats not being done, again the RPG isnt updated as to the time of day or weather, however Lord Kristine was venting or expressing her feelings about losing some of her work and missing JPL and what happened? Well the staff popped up and proceeded to do nothing but defend Ty's decision. She's not ok with it and thats her opinion. Let her vent.

My problem here is the JPP was like the follow up to JPL, "The Spirtual Successor," and with everything gone and deleted there is so much rebuilding to do. Its not being done. There are so many things that we could be working on and its not happening.

We're aware things need to be done and we're also working on things to do for the future. Things take time, JPL was gone before we all knew it and this place was made in it's place. We know there are thing to fix but we, the staff, have lives to lead as well and things take time. Kristine is entitled to vent as such as she likes, that doesn't stop anyone from replying to her, nor anyone replying to anyone else. That's generally how a forum works.

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
You guys are taking this way too seriously. This isn't a "Ty Memorial Thread" and I honestly doubt he gives a damn about who's on his side and who's not so on his side. At the end of the day he moved on so eventually we must do the same.  Seems like people are too caught up in what could of saved JPL over what could make JPP just as great.

Thats exactly my point. Lord Kristine feels a certain way and instead of acknowledging it and maybe relating, its all about Ty. You're right, hes gone and we need to move on. People arent happy with his choice and they are allowed to feel that way. I dont think running to his defense when someone is upset about what happened to JPL, especially because they arent shit talking him, is beyond silly.

We do need to talk about what could have save JPL because its completely relevant to making JPP great. Right now, JPP is little more than a place were the same people just talk about random topics. I'd like to see us focus on some JP related projects or something, to give us a sense of purpose and community. However, that requires more than what we are getting right now.

Not ever did I say people werent allowed to feel unhappy with what went down towards the end of the site. Not once. I wasnt too thrilled with the way he went about shutting the site down and was against him trying to label an entire fandom as toxic because of a few people that were looking for fame. But instead of focusing on certain things, it turned into a pissing match about Ty and his actions. There's no defending nor excusing them, and we can argue day in and day out what could have been done.

Then lets talk about how to improve JPP. IMO JPL is in the rear view mirror and it's full steam ahead. There's a suggestion forum, lets all start posting what we want to see, want to have happen and then go from there. If we're to make this site stand out on it's own, away from what JPL was, then we need to stop trying to make the site like JPL. You cant expect the site to be booming in the first month of it's actual existence, anyone who knows how forums works know they dont work that way.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
You guys are taking this way too seriously. This isn't a "Ty Memorial Thread" and I honestly doubt he gives a damn about who's on his side and who's not so on his side. At the end of the day he moved on so eventually we must do the same.  Seems like people are too caught up in what could of saved JPL over what could make JPP just as great.

Thats exactly my point. Lord Kristine feels a certain way and instead of acknowledging it and maybe relating, its all about Ty. You're right, hes gone and we need to move on. People arent happy with his choice and they are allowed to feel that way. I dont think running to his defense when someone is upset about what happened to JPL, especially because they arent shit talking him, is beyond silly.

We do need to talk about what could have save JPL because its completely relevant to making JPP great. Right now, JPP is little more than a place were the same people just talk about random topics. I'd like to see us focus on some JP related projects or something, to give us a sense of purpose and community. However, that requires more than what we are getting right now.

Not ever did I say people werent allowed to feel unhappy with what went down towards the end of the site. Not once. I wasnt too thrilled with the way he went about shutting the site down and was against him trying to label an entire fandom as toxic because of a few people that were looking for fame. But instead of focusing on certain things, it turned into a pissing match about Ty and his actions. There's no defending nor excusing them, and we can argue day in and day out what could have been done.

Then lets talk about how to improve JPP. IMO JPL is in the rear view mirror and it's full steam ahead. There's a suggestion forum, lets all start posting what we want to see, want to have happen and then go from there. If we're to make this site stand out on it's own, away from what JPL was, then we need to stop trying to make the site like JPL. You cant expect the site to be booming in the first month of it's actual existence, anyone who knows how forums works know they dont work that way.

I wasnt saying you did say that Dead, sorry if you took it at that way but I really wasnt saying anything about you. Here's the start of the Ty discussion, the first mention of his name:

Richard Levine wrote:
Lord Kristine wrote:
It also says something that I was willing to pay that much, and the feelings of so many people were disregarded. I lost everything.

Tyrannosaur lost 15+ years of his life being in this fandom and getting treated like shit for trying to establish a set canon and basic guidelines for the community yet was taken over by a site where one of the people who run it literally said "Canon is your opinion".

Then everything that was said had a reference to "poor Ty," but those were all mentioned by staff . . .

Also, yes you're right they dont boom but a lot of things are falling off. I'm just going to keep the RPG example going because that is my main interest here, as well as some others who havent said anything, and the little bit of work there isn't being done. Thats my point. Even the smallest, and easiest because they're made up, posts that keep the gaming going haven't been made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Spiegel wrote:
]No one is even talking about joining Jurassic Out Post. You're a member there. I saw your introduction post where you said you that you hoped it that the issues between JPL and JOP wouldnt interfere with you being there. I'd copy and paste it, to help you remember but oldy their website is down now . . . Also, your internet manners are lacking as you are the one throwing around all the profanity and basically telling people to bug off. Its fine to respect Ty. Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community. You can sit there and be mad about all this like child, and block me on facebook for having an opinion, but its not helping. We both know why you retired so why you're acting like this when you would actually agree with the things I've pointed out about JPP are beyond me.

1)
Evo Rex wrote:
If you ask me, the perfect solution is a mass migration to Outpost. The forum isn't very big but if a bunch of us move there and request changes to the forum, I'm sure they'll consider it. It's a scary thought for a lot users, particularly the moderators here who has power and had it on JPL because they'd have to give that up. But I think it's worth it because the website is stable.

Monolopho wrote:
Actually the JP Reddit looks sort of appealing, but I wouldn't join there. Outpost looks pretty cool though.

2) I made an account there still asn an attempt to bridge things and to maybe try and patch things up, which I know now was a fruitless effort. I'm not sure if it was before or after JPL died, but maybe if it comes up we can check. It is odd that their site is down (when I try to go there it downloads something related to it).

3) And if were gonna bring up private messages (We both know why youre retired) you came to me asking about if the process of picking the TFW RPG mods was 'influenced' in any way. I take it you were expecting to be picked, because if you were you wouldnt be asking lol.

4) JPL was not the entire community. Maybe 20 or so people on average before doomsday browsed the forum in a day. There was Outpost (then called JW.org), there was the Reddit, there was all those megagroups on Facebook (one is at like 15k), and you have the other people like Jurassic June, Jurassic Park Podcast, Jaye_Jurassick, etc. JPL was a fairly big part of the community, but not the entirety. That I will say.

5) I'm using profanity because thats basically how it went down. We were pretty damn generous and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they acted like this. A simple 'fuck you' from Chris would've been much simpler, instead of having to piece it all together and get the message. Unless you mean my simple swearing, which I am doing to a) drive the point home and b) this site isnt censoring me (I put in swears but they were removed for whatever reason).

6) How exactly did he (Ty) 'treat' people? I was there for five years and he was always straightforward with bannings/infracting/helping the staff. Dickbag posts spammy/offensive/hateful content, mods swoop in, post deleted, profile permabanned. Bang. Done. Quite frankly I think those who compare Ty to Hitler (which quite frankly is a dumb fucking statement, Ty didnt kill six million innocent Jews and this is an Internet message board for Christs sakes) because they still have sticks up their ass about being banned.

Also Evo your kinda asking a lot with thinking about asking them to change their boards. And I have no idea why you felt it was necessary to bring up 'the moderators here who were on JPL would have to lose power'.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
]No one is even talking about joining Jurassic Out Post. You're a member there. I saw your introduction post where you said you that you hoped it that the issues between JPL and JOP wouldnt interfere with you being there. I'd copy and paste it, to help you remember but oldy their website is down now . . . Also, your internet manners are lacking as you are the one throwing around all the profanity and basically telling people to bug off. Its fine to respect Ty. Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community. You can sit there and be mad about all this like child, and block me on facebook for having an opinion, but its not helping. We both know why you retired so why you're acting like this when you would actually agree with the things I've pointed out about JPP are beyond me.

1)
Evo Rex wrote:
If you ask me, the perfect solution is a mass migration to Outpost. The forum isn't very big but if a bunch of us move there and request changes to the forum, I'm sure they'll consider it. It's a scary thought for a lot users, particularly the moderators here who has power and had it on JPL because they'd have to give that up. But I think it's worth it because the website is stable.

Monolopho wrote:
Actually the JP Reddit looks sort of appealing, but I wouldn't join there. Outpost looks pretty cool though.

2) I made an account there still asn an attempt to bridge things and to maybe try and patch things up, which I know now was a fruitless effort. I'm not sure if it was before or after JPL died, but maybe if it comes up we can check. It is odd that their site is down (when I try to go there it downloads something related to it).

3) And if were gonna bring up private messages (We both know why youre retired) you came to me asking about if the process of picking the TFW RPG mods was 'influenced' in any way. I take it you were expecting to be picked, because if you were you wouldnt be asking lol.

4) JPL was not the entire community. Maybe 20 or so people on average before doomsday browsed the forum in a day. There was Outpost (then called JW.org), there was the Reddit, there was all those megagroups on Facebook (one is at like 15k), and you have the other people like Jurassic June, Jurassic Park Podcast, Jaye_Jurassick, etc. JPL was a fairly big part of the community, but not the entirety. That I will say.

5) I'm using profanity because thats basically how it went down. We were pretty damn generous and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they acted like this. A simple 'fuck you' from Chris would've been much simpler, instead of having to piece it all together and get the message. Unless you mean my simple swearing, which I am doing to a) drive the point home and b) this site isnt censoring me (I put in swears but they were removed for whatever reason).

6) How exactly did he (Ty) 'treat' people? I was there for five years and he was always straightforward with bannings/infracting/helping the staff. Dickbag posts spammy/offensive/hateful content, mods swoop in, post deleted, profile permabanned. Bang. Done. Quite frankly I think those who compare Ty to Hitler (which quite frankly is a dumb fucking statement, Ty didnt kill six million innocent Jews and this is an Internet message board for Christs sakes) because they still have sticks up their ass about being banned.

Also Evo your kinda asking a lot with thinking about asking them to change their boards. And I have no idea why you felt it was necessary to bring up 'the moderators here who were on JPL would have to lose power'.

1. I didnt see that, but you didnt even qoute those messages in your replies and it was only mentioned by two people once.

2. Just pointing it out because you're trashing them but at the same time you were there, trying to bridge a gap or not.

3. I brought that up because thats been my complaint here, that the staff dont seem to be doing much. Yes I did, ask you. I thought I had a good chance as I had done it before but I didnt get it. So whatever, thats fine. Then it entered into my mind just how much drama, like all of this, came from JPL. So I began to think that perhaps it might be related. That point was reinforced but the addition of a RPG staff member that was directly correlated to the loss of my staff job at LTL for saying that person wasnt active enough to be staff, which is why I asked. Pretty justifiable if you ask me, especially considering the circumstances.

4. Ok, what are you referring to here?

5. You're still not being very pleasant. You literally told people to bug off. You posted:

"Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down."

Oh and there is that whole blocking me on Facebook over these posts that is sort of . . . well silly we'll call it.


6. Well ya see, Ty had turned the entire forum private so if you werent a registered user and logged in you couldnt see anything. Except for a single section and those threads there in. I believe it was announcements and news. Now, I had to use a proxy to see that because I was banned for literally calling someone the samething they called me. Anyway, I saw a few people ask if JPL could be handed over to someone, purchased, or if he could just take a break. There he insulted people profusely who asked or mentioned these things. Literally attacking people and mocking their age. You're like 16? Well he mocked people for being 16. My first PM was to one of the members from JPL who came here suggesting he not take what Ty said to heart. The guy was literally upset, about your age, that a 30 year old had belittled him so much. Unfortunately JPL doesnt exist so I cant copy and paste or screenshot to how you. However, it happened I promise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Lol Jurassic Outpost wanted to become us and they won. You should have seen how the people at Reddit rejoiced when we finally died out. We tried to work with them (went along the lines of "Hey we see that you are trying to make an Encyclopedia, but we think for the benefit of both you can help work with us on ours, which has been around since the turn of the decade"), and they pretty much said "Nah we want unity but then we dont we're gonna do out own fucking thing like dicks, fuck your Encyclopedia btw we're gonna use it for information on ours as well fuck you hahah #JurassicOutpost #TeamJurassic" And dont get me started on the shit they pulled on JPToys.

They managed to woo the fandom with their flashy graphics, high-tech websites and 'insider sources' (remember when they said the canned JW console game was gonna come back and didnt back up their shit AT ALL and basically were like 'Believe us! We have insider sources! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!', JPL had an outdated look, practically no budget and not enough technicaly know-how to update anything. They successfully did what they wanted to do from the beginning; become us. I'll bet your fucking ass when the day after JPL died they were laughing behind their computer screens, or in a group chat (we (the staff) have one too, so its likely they have one too but dont tell anyone shhhh).

Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down. I will always miss JPL; it was the first real place on the Internet I joined. It taught me Internet manners, it taught me how to interact, and it taught me how to type and organize my thoughts. For that I will always thank and respect Ty for creating JPL.

Oh, and if anyone from Outpost are lurking around here (which they undoubtedly are) reading my post, go ahead and take me up on Twitter or Facebook. Do it in public for everyone to see if it matters that fucking much. I've expressed my distaste with you in the past (for which I foolishly apologized), I will gladly do it again.
You gave reasons why Outpost is great, then you say you don't like it because, what, a grudge that was built upon years of complicated back and fourths with Ty, the guy we all know wasn't exactly stable? I like Ty, I was banned because I wanted him to leave JPL for both the sites' and his sakes (I mean, I was also insanely rude and said some pretty nasty things to him, to which I'll admit). If there was one thing that's clear about Ty is that he can be a real A-hole. Wanting to continue any sort of grudge against other people that may have been started by him, will only continue the stigma JPLers have.

So here's the thing; you're refusing to let things go, further separating the JP community in which you hope to keep alive. It's ridiculous. It's immature. JPL is gone, and so is the baggage that came with it. We're on our own, and I'm not saying that going to Outpost is the only solution, just that it's the perfect solution as of know. I understand that people have complicated relationships with others there, but honestly I think if we all just chilled out we can come to peace with things. The people at Outpost don't really like the idea of drama, they're too busy having a successful website. I think that's just what we need, because drama and stress was JPL's mistake. It's why so many people left and why so many people laughed when the site went down.

And again, you're angry and you really shouldn't be. I grew up with JPL too. I get the emotional connection. I just think we should all be level headed about these things.
Quote :
2) I made an account there still asn an attempt to bridge things and to maybe try and patch things up, which I know now was a fruitless effort. I'm not sure if it was before or after JPL died, but maybe if it comes up we can check. It is odd that their site is down (when I try to go there it downloads something related to it).
Are you referring to the reddit or Outpost? I had a talk with Jack De La Mare awhile back, our conversation, while short, was a good one. I wasn't trying to 'patch things up' but was merely talking about how the JPL went down and how I thought the JPLers should move here. I tried to find out if they were going to put effort into getting JPL members to their site, to which he said they didn't weren't, but said anyone welling to join was welcome. From what I gather, he's tired of the drama and actually was surprised because he thought I came to bash him.
Quote :
I'm using profanity because thats basically how it went down. We were pretty damn generous and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they acted like this. A simple 'fuck you' from Chris would've been much simpler, instead of having to piece it all together and get the message. Unless you mean my simple swearing, which I am doing to a) drive the point home and b) this site isnt censoring me (I put in swears but they were removed for whatever reason).
I don't know the context of this, but it entirely depends on how this conversation went.
Quote :
6) How exactly did he (Ty) 'treat' people? I was there for five years and he was always straightforward with bannings/infracting/helping the staff. Dickbag posts spammy/offensive/hateful content, mods swoop in, post deleted, profile permabanned. Bang. Done. Quite frankly I think those who compare Ty to Hitler (which quite frankly is a dumb fucking statement, Ty didnt kill six million innocent Jews and this is an Internet message board for Christs sakes) because they still have sticks up their ass about being banned.
He wasn't Hitler but, but he was way more strict than he should have been. he was banning users for first offenses, minor offenses too, by the time I started acting out and getting in trouble with him. There is a tremendous amount of banned users who all agree that the site was too strict, the drama was annoying, and the Ty was an A-hole. You may not seen it, but I saw it, a lot of former moderators there saw it, and a lot of regular users saw it. They're not crazy. Just try looking through a different point of view.
Quote :
Also Evo your kinda asking a lot with thinking about asking them to change their boards. And I have no idea why you felt it was necessary to bring up 'the moderators here who were on JPL would have to lose power'.
As I said earlier, I didn't say it was the only solution. It's the perfect solution, as of right now. There is a well built, stable site just waiting for us to join and have conversation and strengthen the community. It's the ideal way to go, I understand it isn't realistic.

And I did not mean to imply that the moderators are power-hungry, if that's what you thought I meant. I'm saying they like to do things there way, and to give up the ability to do that and go by someone else's rules is difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
]No one is even talking about joining Jurassic Out Post. You're a member there. I saw your introduction post where you said you that you hoped it that the issues between JPL and JOP wouldnt interfere with you being there. I'd copy and paste it, to help you remember but oldy their website is down now . . . Also, your internet manners are lacking as you are the one throwing around all the profanity and basically telling people to bug off. Its fine to respect Ty. Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community. You can sit there and be mad about all this like child, and block me on facebook for having an opinion, but its not helping. We both know why you retired so why you're acting like this when you would actually agree with the things I've pointed out about JPP are beyond me.

1)
Evo Rex wrote:
If you ask me, the perfect solution is a mass migration to Outpost. The forum isn't very big but if a bunch of us move there and request changes to the forum, I'm sure they'll consider it. It's a scary thought for a lot users, particularly the moderators here who has power and had it on JPL because they'd have to give that up. But I think it's worth it because the website is stable.

Monolopho wrote:
Actually the JP Reddit looks sort of appealing, but I wouldn't join there. Outpost looks pretty cool though.

2) I made an account there still asn an attempt to bridge things and to maybe try and patch things up, which I know now was a fruitless effort. I'm not sure if it was before or after JPL died, but maybe if it comes up we can check. It is odd that their site is down (when I try to go there it downloads something related to it).

3) And if were gonna bring up private messages (We both know why youre retired) you came to me asking about if the process of picking the TFW RPG mods was 'influenced' in any way. I take it you were expecting to be picked, because if you were you wouldnt be asking lol.

4) JPL was not the entire community. Maybe 20 or so people on average before doomsday browsed the forum in a day. There was Outpost (then called JW.org), there was the Reddit, there was all those megagroups on Facebook (one is at like 15k), and you have the other people like Jurassic June, Jurassic Park Podcast, Jaye_Jurassick, etc. JPL was a fairly big part of the community, but not the entirety. That I will say.

5) I'm using profanity because thats basically how it went down. We were pretty damn generous and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they acted like this. A simple 'fuck you' from Chris would've been much simpler, instead of having to piece it all together and get the message. Unless you mean my simple swearing, which I am doing to a) drive the point home and b) this site isnt censoring me (I put in swears but they were removed for whatever reason).

6) How exactly did he (Ty) 'treat' people? I was there for five years and he was always straightforward with bannings/infracting/helping the staff. Dickbag posts spammy/offensive/hateful content, mods swoop in, post deleted, profile permabanned. Bang. Done. Quite frankly I think those who compare Ty to Hitler (which quite frankly is a dumb fucking statement, Ty didnt kill six million innocent Jews and this is an Internet message board for Christs sakes) because they still have sticks up their ass about being banned.

Also Evo your kinda asking a lot with thinking about asking them to change their boards. And I have no idea why you felt it was necessary to bring up 'the moderators here who were on JPL would have to lose power'.

1. I didnt see that, but you didnt even qoute those messages in your replies and it was only mentioned by two people once.

2. Just pointing it out because you're trashing them but at the same time you were there, trying to bridge a gap or not.

3. I brought that up because thats been my complaint here, that the staff dont seem to be doing much. Yes I did, ask you. I thought I had a good chance as I had done it before but I didnt get it. So whatever, thats fine. Then it entered into my mind just how much drama, like all of this, came from JPL. So I began to think that perhaps it might be related. That point was reinforced but the addition of a RPG staff member that was directly correlated to the loss of my staff job at LTL for saying that person wasnt active enough to be staff, which is why I asked. Pretty justifiable if you ask me, especially considering the circumstances.

4. Ok, what are you referring to here?

5. You're still not being very pleasant. You literally told people to bug off. You posted:

"Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down."

Oh and there is that whole blocking me on Facebook over these posts that is sort of . . . well silly we'll call it.


6. Well ya see, Ty had turned the entire forum private so if you werent a registered user and logged in you couldnt see anything. Except for a single section and those threads there in. I believe it was announcements and news. Now, I had to use a proxy to see that because I was banned for literally calling someone the samething they called me. Anyway, I saw a few people ask if JPL could be handed over to someone, purchased, or if he could just take a break. There he insulted people profusely who asked or mentioned these things. Literally attacking people and mocking their age. You're like 16? Well he mocked people for being 16. My first PM was to one of the members from JPL who came here suggesting he not take what Ty said to heart. The guy was literally upset, about your age, that a 30 year old had belittled him so much. Unfortunately JPL doesnt exist so I cant copy and paste or screenshot to how you. However, it happened I promise you.
1) How funny that you somehow didnt notice the original posts before I quoted them. Actually I shouldnt have to because anyone who has been browsing this thread wouldve seen them, unless your just lying.

2) If memory serves correct, I tried bridging a gap before I trashtalked.

3) Yeah. Take that up with what remains of the staff if your still interested in a dead RPG on a dying board. Or if you do hop over to Outpost maybe you can talk to them about making another LTL esque RPG for you to run.

4) "Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community."

5) That spins from anger at the entire situation being brought up and my overall hatred for the current state of this fucking fandom.

6) Well ya see, we did that in an effort to drive up membership count. Oh, you wanna see the boards for so and so purposes? Make an account! Maybe while your here, you can check out our other threads and interact with our members! Even if you dont, we hope you enjoy the information!
-Ah, neat. Using a proxy to view a place you are banned from. Neato. Guess you cant read the rules then.
-So in your eyes it went like this.
Sweet Little Lamb Member: "Oh, please sir Ty, can you please hand over membership of this forum to someone else please oh please sir?"
Satan: "No. Go fuck yourself and die in a fucking fire you irrelevant little shitbag. Suck a lions dick and burn in hell fucker. Banned."
-Also, if people attack you with insults you cant do the same lol?
-Yeah, sure. I'll just take your word of mouth then.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Quote :
Sweet Little Lamb Member: "Oh, please sir Ty, can you please hand over membership of this forum to someone else please oh please sir?"
Satan: "No. Go fuck yourself and die in a fucking fire you irrelevant little shitbag. Suck a lions dick and burn in hell fucker. Banned."
I don't want to make so many anti-Ty posts because, as someone said earlier, this isn't a thread about him. However, I've seen some members get treated like this, and I even saw a couple posts not to far off from this in the doomsday countdown thread (I was also banned, but the news and announcements weren't set to private.)

A lot of these hostile things he'd say were in private messages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Quote :
Sweet Little Lamb Member: "Oh, please sir Ty, can you please hand over membership of this forum to someone else please oh please sir?"
Satan: "No. Go fuck yourself and die in a fucking fire you irrelevant little shitbag. Suck a lions dick and burn in hell fucker. Banned."
I don't want to make so many anti-Ty posts because, as someone said earlier, this isn't a thread about him. However, I've seen some members get treated like this, and I even saw a couple posts not to far off from this in the doomsday countdown thread (I was also banned, but the news and announcements weren't set to private.)

A lot of these hostile things he'd say were in private messages.

You may as well have posted ''I don't want to make so many anti-Ty posts but I'm going to anyway.'' Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Well, Richard Levine is having difficulty with why people didn't like Ty. I'm trying to get him to understand. I didn't just come here to shit on anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Richard Levine wrote:

1) How funny that you somehow didnt notice the original posts before I quoted them. Actually I shouldnt have to because anyone who has been browsing this thread wouldve seen them, unless your just lying.

2) If memory serves correct, I tried bridging a gap before I trashtalked.

3) Yeah. Take that up with what remains of the staff if your still interested in a dead RPG on a dying board. Or if you do hop over to Outpost maybe you can talk to them about making another LTL esque RPG for you to run.

4) "Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community."

5) That spins from anger at the entire situation being brought up and my overall hatred for the current state of this fucking fandom.

6) Well ya see, we did that in an effort to drive up membership count. Oh, you wanna see the boards for so and so purposes? Make an account! Maybe while your here, you can check out our other threads and interact with our members! Even if you dont, we hope you enjoy the information!
-Ah, neat. Using a proxy to view a place you are banned from. Neato. Guess you cant read the rules then.
-So in your eyes it went like this.
Sweet Little Lamb Member: "Oh, please sir Ty, can you please hand over membership of this forum to someone else please oh please sir?"
Satan: "No. Go fuck yourself and die in a fucking fire you irrelevant little shitbag. Suck a lions dick and burn in hell fucker. Banned."
-Also, if people attack you with insults you cant do the same lol?
-Yeah, sure. I'll just take your word of mouth then.

1. Wow, you're gonna call me a liar? No I didnt see Evo Post that, what I did see was the stuff with Lord Kristine and went from there. Maybe I saw it and took little interest or note of it. Dont call me a liar.

2. Fine thats what you did, whatever. Well done, you saved JPL from the evil Outpost . . .

3. What are you even saying? Literally, I brought it up to the staff, you, when it happened and it was resolved. It was a question, what relevance your statement has to this discussion taking place now is not at all clear.

4. Oh this about wording? Sorry, the JPL Community. Seriously man, thats your point?

5. You're the one who started bringing it up, Lord Kristine was only talking about being disappointed in the loss JPL in the JPL memorial thread. She didnt say much of anything. You brought up Ty

Richard Levine wrote:
Lord Kristine wrote:
It also says something that I was willing to pay that much, and the feelings of so many people were disregarded. I lost everything.

Tyrannosaur lost 15+ years of his life being in this fandom and getting treated like shit for trying to establish a set canon and basic guidelines for the community yet was taken over by a site where one of the people who run it literally said "Canon is your opinion".

So the poor Ty pity party started. Through reading this I've found that the entire reason JPL shut down was because the Outpost came about and were creating their own encyclopedia by referencing JPL's encyclopedia for information. So the downfall of JPL was, at least in part, brought about by people using an encyclopedia for JP information? Is that correct? If so . . . what was the point of the encyclopedia if not to share knowledge? Wouldnt the fact the the basis of their work being JPL's work signal a unification, in some sense, in the ENTIRE JP community? So you're mad at Outpost for creating a website and doing their own thing? Sort of justifies all my points previously made in other posts.

6. I didnt say there was anything wrong with him doing that . . .
- Oh no I broke the rules of using a proxy to view the site . . . Please dont put me in jail . . . JPL jail . . . oh thats probably out of business too, because of an encyclopedia.
- Funny, thats how it went. Also funny you refer to Ty as satan as he was refering to himself as satan on that thread. How fitting. Yeah he insulted people for even questioning him and yes they did return some insults but not the degree he did.
- Oh because you cant trust me? I'm always making stuff up? Because I'm a liar?


I dont get why you're being such a little asshole. Honestly, it doesnt fit you well. I feel like you're sucking on Ty's tit right now as you're typing and all that milk is apparently influencing you because you're acting just like him when he did these things. Its pretty sad RL, be your own person, ya know the one we all loved instead of this bitter little jerk you're being now because not everyone loves your bestie-4-ever, Ty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Guys, I think it's time we end the conversation. Obviously people are getting heated, pretty bad language is being used. I'm sure none of us want to get banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:17 pm

I'm absolutely fine with that. I won't be called a liar though. I've made my points and Im not being anymore sucked into this by an angry kid. My apologies, for my for my rantings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Monolophosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Home.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Spiegel wrote:


1. I didnt see that, but you didnt even qoute those messages in your replies and it was only mentioned by two people once.

2. Just pointing it out because you're trashing them but at the same time you were there, trying to bridge a gap or not.

3. I brought that up because thats been my complaint here, that the staff dont seem to be doing much. Yes I did, ask you. I thought I had a good chance as I had done it before but I didnt get it. So whatever, thats fine. Then it entered into my mind just how much drama, like all of this, came from JPL. So I began to think that perhaps it might be related. That point was reinforced but the addition of a RPG staff member that was directly correlated to the loss of my staff job at LTL for saying that person wasnt active enough to be staff, which is why I asked. Pretty justifiable if you ask me, especially considering the circumstances.

4. Ok, what are you referring to here?

5. You're still not being very pleasant. You literally told people to bug off. You posted:

"Whatever. If you guys wanna jump ship over to Outhouse (heh thanks Ty for that nickname lol) be my fucking guest. Bye. Bon voyage. Sayonara. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Quite frankly this whole discussion has pissed me off a lot and is bringing up things I hoped I could swallow down."

Oh and there is that whole blocking me on Facebook over these posts that is sort of . . . well silly we'll call it.


6. Well ya see, Ty had turned the entire forum private so if you werent a registered user and logged in you couldnt see anything. Except for a single section and those threads there in. I believe it was announcements and news. Now, I had to use a proxy to see that because I was banned for literally calling someone the samething they called me. Anyway, I saw a few people ask if JPL could be handed over to someone, purchased, or if he could just take a break. There he insulted people profusely who asked or mentioned these things. Literally attacking people and mocking their age. You're like 16? Well he mocked people for being 16. My first PM was to one of the members from JPL who came here suggesting he not take what Ty said to heart. The guy was literally upset, about your age, that a 30 year old had belittled him so much. Unfortunately JPL doesnt exist so I cant copy and paste or screenshot to how you. However, it happened I promise you.
1) How funny that you somehow didnt notice the original posts before I quoted them. Actually I shouldnt have to because anyone who has been browsing this thread wouldve seen them, unless your just lying.

2) If memory serves correct, I tried bridging a gap before I trashtalked.

3) Yeah. Take that up with what remains of the staff if your still interested in a dead RPG on a dying board. Or if you do hop over to Outpost maybe you can talk to them about making another LTL esque RPG for you to run.

4) "Hell, I respect Ty. He did good things. I dont respect some of his actions or how he treated people in the end. I dont respect that he removed the entire community."

5) That spins from anger at the entire situation being brought up and my overall hatred for the current state of this fucking fandom.

6) Well ya see, we did that in an effort to drive up membership count. Oh, you wanna see the boards for so and so purposes? Make an account! Maybe while your here, you can check out our other threads and interact with our members! Even if you dont, we hope you enjoy the information!
-Ah, neat. Using a proxy to view a place you are banned from. Neato. Guess you cant read the rules then.
-So in your eyes it went like this.
Sweet Little Lamb Member: "Oh, please sir Ty, can you please hand over membership of this forum to someone else please oh please sir?"
Satan: "No. Go fuck yourself and die in a fucking fire you irrelevant little shitbag. Suck a lions dick and burn in hell fucker. Banned."
-Also, if people attack you with insults you cant do the same lol?
-Yeah, sure. I'll just take your word of mouth then.

What the hell is your problem? For one, I did imply I would join Outpost. I'm not. I was thinking about it, but probably not. Now regarding Outpost, I can find one key difference between you and them: they aren't sitting here ranting about you ever five seconds. I haven't seen them say anything publicly negative about you or Ty, but I could be wrong. Just figured I would point that out. I mean really most of your mantra is just "oh Jurassic Outpost was MEAN to me" with any sort of real elaboration or explanation or proof. Meanwhile I haven't seen them do a thing to you and most of the time I hear nothing but good things about them.

I don't care about the rest of that crap up until point six. I'm just going to go ahead and say it, because I don't really care at this point, Ty was a douchebag. I mean your little mockery there "so in your eyes it went like this" is actually somewhat accurate. I'm not even kidding it really is. He literally said to me to go fuck myself for being an irrelevant little shitbag. Almost verbatim, I'm not even kidding. That is LITERALLY something he said to me. I think he did tell one or two people to die in a fire too. And you sitting here mocking as if he would never do something like that. And all of that insult he had towards me was for what? I told him he's only adding fuel to the fire by being so angry to ACTUAL trolls. Of course then I was just called a troll, and eventually he just said that because I don't have a job (which he couldn't possibly know, I am legally allowed to get a job; not a very labor intensive nor with long work hours, granted), I couldn't possibly know how to handle trolls, which of course makes no sense. He was mocking me for my age. I am 14, by the way, so I'm pretty much a fetus, but hey, that is actually older than you were when you joined. Actually funny story about that, I think I made myself one year older or something, so I put in 2001 or 2000 somewhere in that area for my age, and he somehow managed to get that I was in my late teens or early twenties. So yeah, he was not only a very nice person, but fantastic at math! Anyway, he acted like running an Internet forum and having a job was the hardest thing on the planet. Regardless, Spiegel is pretty much correct when referring to Ty's behavior. And funny you would mention something about being able to use an insult a person if they insult you, since that is the EXACT reason Spiegel was banned, unless you were referring to that, but then that just makes me confused. And yes, you can take his word of mouth, because I think the person Spiegel is referring to is ME. I could be wrong, it could be someone in a similar position, but I'm pretty sure he is talking about the PM conversation we had (correct me if I'm wrong Spiegel, I would hate to be wrong about that).

The rest of your post is just asinine childish remarks so I'll just ignore them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes I was referring to you Mono, I just didn't want to put you on the spot. Yes that was what happened. You had said something about not feeding into Trolls and he acted very out of line to someone your age. In fact I think they're are actually laws against that now.

Anyway, we're just letting this all go. Don't feed into Trolls Mono, you fetus you. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Monolophosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2016-06-09
Location : Home.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Yes I was referring to you Mono, I just didn't want to put you on the spot. Yes that was what happened. You had said something about not feeding into Trolls and he acted very out of line to someone your age. In fact I think they're are actually laws against that now.

Anyway, we're just letting this all go. Don't feed into Trolls Mono, you fetus you. XD

Yeah when I posted that like six other posts magically appeared in front of it, so a lot must have happened in the time it took me to write that.

Anyway, I guess I should let this go, go about my fetus ways. Very Happy

^ Okay that sentence was a little weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Alright, lets just get back to what this thread is about and that's remembering JPL for all the good it brought to the community.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Well, I'm back from the corner store. What did I m-
*stops*
*turns around*
*closes door firmly*

That escalated quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 pm

This is a memorial thread, not a battlefield.

If you must have your bloody flame wars, do them elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Yo, they understood once Dead told them to stop, no need for the overkill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Congrats on becoming a moderator Dead. *tips hat*

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Yo, they understood once Dead told them to stop, no need for the overkill.

You can never be too careful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:32 pm

To move on from this, whoever recreated the JPL Twitter account (someone made a JPL account using the same name and whatnot) is not funny.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 am

We all knew that was coming once the real Twitter got deleted.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:56 am

Just wait until they pull a JPL website up. Rolling Eyes

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:14 pm

I'd love to seem them try. Would be good for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Fortunately for us it's not a troll account. JPL looks like it might be back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Fortunately for us it's not a troll account. JPL looks like it might be back

It wouldn't be anyone who ran the original site.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Is it the only JP Legacy related thing to pop up? Like is there an instagram, fb, or anything else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Is it the only JP Legacy related thing to pop up? Like is there an instagram, fb, or anything else?

Eeriely, the old JPL FB group I can see (with no members so it's probably a glitch) and an unrelated "Jurassic Park Legacy Collection" which is just for toys. Nothing else on Instagram. This is it.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nedryland
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Fortunately for us it's not a troll account. JPL looks like it might be back

JPL isn't back. People are using JPL's name.

No former staffers endorse or are affiliated with it.

_______________

Simon Masrani wrote:
“The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 31
Location : Waverly, NY

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Yeah I take it from the "Under New Management" thing that its just stealing the name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm

To clarify, this is not officially related to the former JPL.

_______________
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
Walking  Walking  Walking
Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
JPLegacy Memorial Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» JPLegacy Memorial Thread
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» A Miyu Thread
» Green lantern Merch thread
» The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: