Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!

Go down 
+30
baryonyx7
Saurillian
DinoMike
TheRexMan22
HoldOntoYourButts
Lythronax
Gondrasia
NolaJP
Spinosaur4.4
V.a.nublarensis
Pokesaurus
BoulderFaceplant
SmugTheFab
Rhedosaurus
TheDreamMaster
dance2nite
Baryonyx111
Six-Foot Turkey
Pachyrhinosaurus
Herrerasaurus
CT-1138
FayhdrianColonist
Troyal1
owenpratt
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrannoFan
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
Cbaitson
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 3:56 pm

And no i don't see how anyone could claim these effects are bad. The movie isn't even out of post production. Which means this footage may not even be final. It likely is not.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree and I am shocked that there are people that find it terrible. It is annoying that people are complaining that it is cgi and not completely practical.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:51 pm

I think it's a flashback video of someone hand held filming Owen interacting with Baby Blue that may be shown in the courtroom scene or the "We Can Save Them" fundraiser so that a team can go back & rescue the Dinosaurs.

Or this scene could simply not even be in the film & be used for one of the viral marketing sites only like :

"All Creatures Have Rights & Isla Nublar Rescue Mission".com

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Oh my god it purrs! I love it!

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:10 pm

I am still in shock that we got something like this. Nearly fell out of my bed this morning haha I was expecting nothing until December. With so many weeks of nothing, i had lost hope. I wonder if this is what people meant when they said a trailer in November.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm just happy that we are getting something after so much time. I have a lot of questions about this 6 seconds, but that's a good thing. Is it a younger Blue in a flashback or is it her child? If so, who's the dad? And if a male raptor was roaming around the non-park areas, then are there more dinosaurs in there as well, or the male raptor the sole survivor?

So many questions. I love this 6 second teaser.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Looks like raptors have been building their nests in the old visitor centre to me. So excited. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Someone mentioned that this shot links to one of the rumours/leaks. Anyone know which one they were talking about?
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Someone mentioned that this shot links to one of the rumours/leaks. Anyone know which one they were talking about?
I would like to hear about this too? I've read and seen a lot of leaks but nothing about a baby raptor.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I NEED THE TRAILER. Will this actually be a shot from the film or marketing?

You have to wait until Last Jedi because that's when the trailer comes out....UNLESS it gets leaked beforehand. The last Jurassic World trailer was supposed to come out on Thanksgiving but dropped days before.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I would like to hear about this too? I've read and seen a lot of leaks but nothing about a baby raptor.

Yeah, Jurassic Outpost mentioned in their podcast that they kept quiet about a baby Blue leak that I never once heard about. The only one I've seen is the one by Neomorph, but quite a few people were mentioning it today like it was widely known.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
You have to wait until Last Jedi because that's when the trailer comes out....UNLESS it gets leaked beforehand. The last Jurassic World trailer was supposed to come out on Thanksgiving but dropped days before.

It's going to get leaked regardless. If all those deleted scenes of JL made it to the web not long after the movie was released and if Neomorph blew the doors off the plot synopsis, then it's only a matter of time before the trailer is leaked on 4Chan or Reddit.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah, Jurassic Outpost mentioned in their podcast that they kept quiet about a baby Blue leak that I never once heard about. The only one I've seen is the one by Neomorph, but quite a few people were mentioning it today like it was widely known.
Yea I heard it from there too. Todays the first time I am hearing about it. They (Jurassic outpost) also said the trailer would drop December 7th
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yea I heard it from there too. Todays the first time I am hearing about it. They (Jurassic outpost) also said the trailer would drop December 7th  

I'm hoping for sooner than that hahaha
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:21 pm

What I do like about the footage is how harsh the lighting is. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Did Bayona use a handheld style to this degree in his other movies? Someone on twitter said he did for intimate scenes.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Did Bayona use a handheld style to this degree in his other movies? Someone on twitter said he did for intimate scenes.

I recall him using zoom shots in 'The Impossible'
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 pm

If that is truly Blue’s offspring in the visitor center, wouldn’t they keep that more of a surprise? My god the “flashback “ or not flashback thing is killing me. I need answers lol.

I slightly lean towards flashback but both sides have a strong case imo.

Either way though can we talk about how beautiful the directing and lighting looks from this 6 second clip. Bayona is an experienced and unique filmmaker and I think it’s going to show in a big way. Atleast visually.

My parents are teasing me and baffled that a 6 second clip has totally surpassed thanksgiving and possibly Christmas (depending on how good the trailer is) lmao.

It just feels so good. It feels like we’re on JP legacy again guys, it really does. I can feel the electricity.

Sorry to go full fanboy but I have to let it out and gush a bit.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

It's definitely the VC and hence not a flashback. Look at the flat, orange background, obviously part of the mural. The overgrowth, the light flooding in, why would that be there in a specially made hatching facility? It's sunlight cascading through the broken roof of the VC. Then you have Owen's outfit, from this film's timeline. I mean no offense by saying this but I'm surprised there's even a question over where and when this takes place.

Then again I understand the reluctance to believe that life found a way (Razz). This isn't a question of whether Blue got pregnant, so much as "how" she got pregnant. One of the raptor squad may have had the sex-changing deformity from the first movie and fertilized Blue when they were working with the Indominus, given that this raptor isn't exactly a hatchling. It's also possible that Blue is asexual, and had the ability to lay eggs without a mate. Alternatively, while there were no raptors in the restricted zone, it's possible that rather than being exterminated, they were cordoned off to the northernmost tip of Nublar and held there by a fence, which would be climbable when Lowery shut off the main power in 2015. This would give Blue a whole bunch of handsome studs to choose from (and choose she would; she's bigger than all of them).
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 12:06 am

If Baby Blue is Blue's offspring, that either means Delta or Echo has survived (and did a "life found a way" with frog DNA on us) to be Blue's mate, or there are raptors in the restricted zone after all. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
It's definitely the VC and hence not a flashback. Look at the flat, orange background, obviously part of the mural. The overgrowth, the light flooding in, why would that be there in a specially made hatching facility? It's sunlight cascading through the broken roof of the VC. Then you have Owen's outfit, from this film's timeline. I mean no offense by saying this but I'm surprised there's even a question over where and when this takes place.

Then again I understand the reluctance to believe that life found a way (Razz). This isn't a question of whether Blue got pregnant, so much as "how" she got pregnant. One of the raptor squad may have had the sex-changing deformity from the first movie and fertilized Blue when they were working with the Indominus, given that this raptor isn't exactly a hatchling. It's also possible that Blue is asexual, and had the ability to lay eggs without a mate. Alternatively, while there were no raptors in the restricted zone, it's possible that rather than being exterminated, they were cordoned off to the northernmost tip of Nublar and held there by a fence, which would be climbable when Lowery shut off the main power in 2015. This would give Blue a whole bunch of handsome studs to choose from (and choose she would; she's bigger than all of them).
I am right there with ya. My first initial reaction was that this was a flashback but now I think all signs point to this being a baby of blue. A good theory that I saw on twitter was that since blue has black-throated African monitor lizard DNA that she could reproduce asexually (i forgot the official terminology he used)
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:43 am

Good clip; I'm looking forward to the full trailer whenever that comes out (hopefully soon). The CGI seems much improved from JW if this is anything to go by.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 am

Troyal1 wrote:
If that is truly Blue’s offspring in the visitor center, wouldn’t they keep that more of a surprise? My god the “flashback “ or not flashback thing is killing me. I need answers lol.

Either way though can we talk about how beautiful the directing and lighting looks from this 6 second clip. Bayona is an experienced and unique filmmaker and I think it’s going to show in a big way. Atleast visually.

My parents are teasing me and baffled that a 6 second clip has totally surpassed thanksgiving and possibly Christmas (depending on how good the trailer is) lmao.

It just feels so good. It feels like we’re on JP legacy again guys, it really does. I can feel the electricity.

Don't be sorry, I totally understand your excitement ahah Very Happy
Fantastic times ahead!
Bayona is gonna kill it with this movie!

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:46 am

Troyal1 wrote:

I feel ya man. I wanted to run around my house my house and show everyone but they didnt care haha
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 am

Now that the excitement of the moment went down (not true lol), I'm gonna make some more thoughts about the clip.

1) Baby raptor CGI looks fantastic, I feel I could almost touch it. It's solid, the lighting work on the skin is top notch, and the movements are very natural and realistic. The design is maybe a bit too cute (dare I say a little cartoonish), but I think it fits well with the contest of dinosaurs being more like animals than monsters. I like the eyes movements also... seems like the VFX team studied real animals behaviors before making the raptor.

2) The cinematography looks great. The ray of the sun brightening the baby raptor is a nice touch. This shot tells a story, like the man who plays God above its creation, brightened by the light. The shaky camera works well in making us believe this is actual footage, like a moment from a real documentary. The harsh lighting also makes the CGI look better.

3) It's definitely not a flashback, given Owen's outfit. The backround looks like the old visitor center, but if it's not... it might be a nursery or a place where Owen "trains" his raptors, like Matt suggested. But where is that nursery? Can't be on the mainland... It can only be on Nublar (or Sorna?).
I'm still convinced that is the old visitor center and that Owen finds Blue's offspring there. Blue might have mated with a raptor in the restricted area, or she might have mated with Echo, Delta or Charlie before they got killed by the Indominus, or she could just have become asexual due to her lonely condition, since life finds a way.
Anyway, if that's not baby Blue... well, I have to say that her baby looks unbelievably similar to her!

4) I think this might be only one of 2 or 3 little clips, leading to the December trailer. I expect another video (maybe with Claire this time?) next week, and a last one the day before the trailer online release (which should be December 7th, according to Jurassic Outpost). It might be a sort of "Save the dinosaurs" promo, showing how cute these animals are, hence the documentaristic style. One of the missions of the team in the plot could be filming dinosaurs in their daily life so people would want them to be saved.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 am

The first thing I got from that is that Baby Blue is the most adorable thing ever! The next thing is I wonder if that's a puppet or CG, or both. Regardless, the effects look realistic, and this is hopefully a sign of good things to come. The handheld style of the footage is intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 am

Great. They could show something with more meaning/metaphoric like the power of creation but instead let's stick to "Mr. Cool guy with his dino pet".

I don't like it. Unless there's some more information in this scene, I pass.

I hate Blue/Owen relationship. It's forced. Nothing will tell me otherwise.

Visual effects is awesome, by the way. Hope it's CGI. Some people are saying it's too good to be CGI, lol.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 am

I think it's very obvious that this is Blue's offspring, simply due to Owen's outfit. I know some are suggesting he could wear the same outfit he wore from a flashback, but that is very illogical when you consider how hard filmmakers work to separate continuity and different time periods in their films. They would never want the star to look the exact same in a present day scene as they do in a flashback. It's just not how movies are made.  I also think the tag line of "Life Finds a way" is key with this being the first footage.

We also really need to start to reconsider the 2014 Comic Con poster. Could that have been more of a nod to a potential sequel than to Jurassic World itself?  Colin said he had outlined a trilogy as part of his pitch to Spielberg for the first film.  Could that have been canon to the plot without actually being a plot point in Jurassic World?  We know the 04 Explorer is in Fallen Kingdom.  Now it seems that Blue has mated in spite of an apparent lack of male raptors on Nublar.  We know underground tunnels are playing a part in FK because of the sets constructed in Hawaii. Could they be using some of the breeding raptors plot from the original novel?  This clip certainly makes that poster a lot more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am

So, I arrived later here. Is it a flashback scene or...?

Good, I'll now have to endure Blue's little pests too. Thanks, Colin. Rolling Eyes

I'm officially Team Vulcan now.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 am

Other consideration I forgot to share...

Let's remember Bayona and Trevorrow promised a much darker and scarier movie... So apparently there will be a huge contrast between the scares and the awe and wonder scenes.

I was a bit worried that the film would only focus on being dark, forgetting the awe and wonder that is a fundamental part of the saga.
Glad they didn't forget that Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next