Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!

Go down 
+30
baryonyx7
Saurillian
DinoMike
TheRexMan22
HoldOntoYourButts
Lythronax
Gondrasia
NolaJP
Spinosaur4.4
V.a.nublarensis
Pokesaurus
BoulderFaceplant
SmugTheFab
Rhedosaurus
TheDreamMaster
dance2nite
Baryonyx111
Six-Foot Turkey
Pachyrhinosaurus
Herrerasaurus
CT-1138
FayhdrianColonist
Troyal1
owenpratt
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrannoFan
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
Cbaitson
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:02 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Great. They could show something with more meaning/metaphoric like the power of creation but instead let's stick to "Mr. Cool guy with his dino pet".

I don't like it. Unless there's some more information in this scene, I pass.

I hate Blue/Owen relationship. It's forced. Nothing will tell me otherwise.

Visual effects is awesome, by the way. Hope it's CGI. Some people are saying it's too good to be CGI, lol.

If this gets used as a way to give Owen a clear motive as to why he's going back to Nublar, then I'm all for it. Owen needs backstory, he needs emotional connection so that when he actually achieves something at the end of the film (like saving the Dinosaurs) it ends up being more satisfying.
You call him 'cool dude' because that's all he was in Jurassic World, but how can we expect him to develop into something more than that if we shoot down a possible emotional relevance to the story. I think this could be something really great for Owen as a character.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:08 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Great. They could show something with more meaning/metaphoric like the power of creation but instead let's stick to "Mr. Cool guy with his dino pet".

Visual effects is awesome, by the way. Hope it's CGI. Some people are saying it's too good to be CGI, lol.

If this gets used as a way to give Owen a clear motive as to why he's going back to Nublar, then I'm all for it. Owen needs backstory, he needs emotional connection so that when he actually achieves something at the end of the film (like saving the Dinosaurs) it ends up being more satisfying.
You call him 'cool dude' because that's all he was in Jurassic World, but how can we expect him to develop into something more than that if we shoot down a possible emotional relevance to the story. I think this could be something really great for Owen as a character.

That's a great point. Owen was a pretty generic character in JW. If this movie ends up exploring his character/backstory and gives him a significant arc, I'm all for it.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Thanks for replying.  Very Happy

Sorry if my commentary appeared rude. I didn't mean it. I just don't like to pretend to like something when I don't. I think it's no secret for JP Mainframe peeps that I don't like Owen and Blue relationship. 

If he only goes back to Nublar because of Blue, that means he doesn't like dinosaurs at all or value their lifes, because he's only going back for Blue, just the dinosaur he's emotionally conected with. Most of his "they may be created in test tubes but they are alive" falls apart. IMO, considering how he was shown in JW, he should go back to Nublar to save all dinosaurs, not just one. That's kinda selfish IMO. Does he really values life after all?

He is the "cool dude", that's the only thing we get from him yet since he got no development. He's flat. I think he needs development since he's the main character now. We need to know more about him if we want to like his character.

I really hope we get more details of this scene and it's context, so we can see how it'll help Owen as a character.  Smile

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:23 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Sorry if my commentary appeared rude. I didn't mean it. I just don't like to pretend to like something when I don't. I think it's no secret for JP Mainframe peeps that I don't like Owen and Blue relationship. 

If he only goes back to Nublar because of Blue, that means he doesn't like dinosaurs at all or value their lifes, because he's only going back for Blue, just the dinosaur he's emotionally conected with. Most of his "they may be created in test tubes but they are alive" falls apart. IMO, considering how he was shown in JW, he should go back to Nublar to save all dinosaurs, not just one. That's kinda selfish IMO. Does he really values life after all?

He is the "cool dude", that's the only thing we get from him yet since he got no development. He's flat. I think he needs development since he's the main character now. We need to know more about him if we want to like his character.

I really hope we get more details of this scene and it's context, so we can see how it'll help Owen as a character.  Smile

I see what you mean. Perhaps seeing Blue as a baby again triggers his desire to help all Dinosaurs. MAybe Blue reminds him that these Dinosaurs are animals and not monsters. Perhaps he is against saving the Dinosaurs initially at the beginning and Claire has to persuade him to help her. Maybe seeing all his Raptors murdered at the end of the last film put him into a state of negativity to all Dinosaurs and he has to be convinced to snap out of it and help Claire save them. I'd personally really like something like that.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:25 am

I think it would be better than him just tagging along because Claire asked him to and because he was the lead in JW. Gives him a bit of depth and emotional connection.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

That's a great point. Owen was a pretty generic character in JW. If this movie ends up exploring his character/backstory and gives him a significant arc, I'm all for it.

They've gotta do something with Owen this time. I can't see them bringing him back to have no character progression again.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I see what you mean. Perhaps seeing Blue as a baby again triggers his desire to help all Dinosaurs. MAybe Blue reminds him that these Dinosaurs are animals and not monsters. Perhaps he is against saving the Dinosaurs initially at the beginning and Claire has to persuade him to help her. Maybe seeing all his Raptors murdered at the end of the last film put him into a state of negativity to all Dinosaurs and he has to be convinced to snap out of it and help Claire save them. I'd personally really like something like that.

I really guess that Claire will take initiative in saving the dinosaurs and Owen will not want to help in the start. I think Blue will be the reason he agrees to help and then he might then want to save all the rest. I think it would be interesting if this scene in particular is a flashback, but since he's wearing Fallen Kingdom clothes, I don't know what to think anymore.

Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:40 am

It’s definitely Blue’s offspring, but I don’t believe Blue has mated with any other Velociraptors. From what I’ve seen there is certainly nothing in the Restricted Area, except for the Raptor Squad paddock and Indominus rex paddock. And Blue’s sisters were all killed; Charlie (blown up), Delta (roasted) and Echo (chomped and thrown like a rag doll).

So if breeding with other Raptors is seemingly out of the question, it leaves the startling notion that Blue has been asexually. But how has she done it?

The answer is because of the animal that was infused with her Blue’s DNA, which both resulted in her unique colouring for which is named and the ability to reproduce asexually, the Black-Throated African Monitor Lizard. Monitor lizards are able to reproduce in two ways; there is the usual male and female, or if there are no males, the female lizards through a process called parthogenesis.

Specifically, apomictic parthogenesis; as quoted from the Wikipedia page:
Mature egg cells are produced by mitotic divisions, and these cells directly develop into embryos. The offspring produced by apomictic parthenogenesis are full clones of their mother. In apomictic parthenogenesis, the offspring are clones of the mother and hence are usually female.

This is probably the major reason why a lot of people think that this six second clip is a possible flashback with a younger Blue and Owen. The young raptor is virtually identical to its mother, as a result of parthogenesis.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:51 am

Do we know if this movie is being shot on digital or film?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 am

Gondrasia wrote:
It’s definitely Blue’s offspring, but I don’t believe Blue has mated with any other Velociraptors. From what I’ve seen there is certainly nothing in the Restricted Area, except for the Raptor Squad paddock and Indominus rex paddock. And Blue’s sisters were all killed; Charlie (blown up), Delta (roasted) and Echo (chomped and thrown like a rag doll).

So if breeding with other Raptors is seemingly out of the question, it leaves the startling notion that Blue has been asexually. But how has she done it?

The answer is because of the animal that was infused with her Blue’s DNA, which both resulted in her unique colouring for which is named and the ability to reproduce asexually, the Black-Throated African Monitor Lizard. Monitor lizards are able to reproduce in two ways; there is the usual male and female, or if there are no males, the female lizards through a process called parthogenesis.

Mature egg cells are produced by mitotic divisions, and these cells directly develop into embryos. The offspring produced by apomictic parthenogenesis are full clones of their mother. In apomictic parthenogenesis, the offspring are clones of the mother and hence are usually female.

This is probably the major reason why a lot of people think that this six second clip is a possible flashback with a younger Blue and Owen. The young raptor is virtually identical to its mother, as a result of parthogenesis.

Wow, this has to be in the film! Would be brilliant reason for Blue's offspring to look exactly like her mother

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:05 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Gondrasia wrote:

Wow, this has to be in the film! Would be brilliant reason for Blue's offspring to look exactly like her mother

I hope so, it would perfectly fit with Fallen Kingdom’s tag-line, “Life Finds a Way”!
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm

There's meant to be some big Thanksgiving American Football game on tonight, do you reckon a trailer might be released at half-time?
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I really guess that Claire will take initiative in saving the dinosaurs and Owen will not want to help in the start. I think Blue will be the reason he agrees to help and then he might then want to save all the rest. I think it would be interesting if this scene in particular is a flashback, but since he's wearing Fallen Kingdom clothes, I don't know what to think anymore.

What leads you to think it would play out this way? Even if Blue is his only motivation, Owen's not going to momentarily forget that she's on the island.
"I don't wanna go, Claire. It's too dangerous."
"Okay but remember Blue is there?"
"Oh yeah! Let's go save her!"

No, that would be laughable. Owen has likely thought about Blue in some capacity every single day since JW. And he knows that she's been at daily risk of being killed by another dinosaur for three years now; she could be dead for months now. So no, Blue is not going to be the sole motivation for him to take part in the rescue mission.

She will, however, be alive in the film, and Owen's relationship with her will be acknowledged in some way. That's something you'll realistically have to go into this one knowing, rather than getting massively disappointed come June.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

What leads you to think it would play out this way? Even if Blue is his only motivation, Owen's not going to momentarily forget that she's on the island.

No, that would be laughable. Owen has likely thought about Blue in some capacity every single day since JW. And he knows that she's been at daily risk of being killed by another dinosaur for three years now; she could be dead for months now. So no, Blue is not going to be the sole motivation for him to take part in the rescue mission.

She will, however, be alive in the film, and Owen's relationship with her will be acknowledged in some way. That's something you'll realistically have to go into this one knowing, rather than getting massively disappointed come June.

I doubt he doesn't want to go because it's too dangerous. He's more likely conflicted on the whole save the Dinosaurs thing because he's beginning to doubt that the Dinosaurs are animals himself. Then when reminded about Blue as a baby, he sees they're animals, not monsters. It's not laughable as long as you do it properly.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Me too. I really think Owen got screwed a bit by development of his character and having to make room for everyone else to get screen time. And then the plot kind of just demanded he be the raptor guy for the whole movie. I think he'll get to do alot more this time.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Digital, as far as I know.

Back to top Go down
HoldOntoYourButts
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:54 pm

i'm sure i may have missed some of the information about the film so idk if this would exactly line up, but i wouldn't mind seeing the story line play out that shows Owen return to the island to save Blue and the other dinosaurs only to find her dead. But in the process of searching the island finds Blue's offspring. Could add some uniqueness to his character development that we didn't get in JW...just my thoughts. I don't claim to be an expert. just love the franchise Smile
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Apparently Blue is at the Lockwood Manor at the end so she gets off the island for sure! Wink
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 pm

HoldOntoYourButts wrote:
i'm sure i may have missed some of the information about the film so idk if this would exactly line up, but i wouldn't mind seeing the story line play out that shows Owen return to the island to save Blue and the other dinosaurs only to find her dead. But in the process of searching the island finds Blue's offspring. Could add some uniqueness to his character development that we didn't get in JW...just my thoughts. I don't claim to be an expert. just love the franchise Smile

That would be pretty interesting
Back to top Go down
HoldOntoYourButts
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Apparently Blue is at the Lockwood Manor at the end so she gets off the island for sure! Wink

where did this come from? sorry, im sure i havent caught every piece of leaked info
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

HoldOntoYourButts wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

where did this come from? sorry, im sure i havent caught every piece of leaked info

I would also like to know. I feel like there's been a big leak everyone heard except me haha
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:22 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I wonder why the switch this time...
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I wonder why the switch this time...

I think "The Orphanage" and "The Impossible" were film, but "A Monster Calls" was digital. Maybe Bayona thought that digital would fit better with Jurassic.
"Fallen Kingdom" might actually be the first Jurassic film made with digital.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:56 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

When did they say this? That’s odd.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

On iMdb they list the cameras they used. It's a digital camera

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I don't now, I just think that will happen. I don't doubt anything. As I said, going only after Blue shows he's selfish a lot.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Maybe its just me, but I don't like this decision. With Bayona's direction and Oscar Faura's eye for cinematography it will look fantastic, but being shot on Digital means that when it comes to the (possibly likely) 4K blu-ray it won't be a genuine release sourced from original film, which all of the best 4K scanned home releases come from. I could be persuaded later, and maybe I am just attached to the old ways of filmmaking (I'd take film over digital if I were a director), but until then I'm uncertain about this.

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 6:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Maybe its just me, but I don't like this decision. With Bayona's direction and Oscar Faura's eye for cinematography it will look fantastic, but being shot on Digital means that when it comes to the (possibly likely) 4K blu-ray it won't be a genuine release sourced from original film, which all of the best 4K scanned home releases come from. I could be persuaded later, and maybe I am just attached to the old ways of filmmaking (I'd take film over digital if I were a director), but until then I'm uncertain about this.

It’s not just you. I’m the same way man.

Don’t get it wrong though. Some of my favorite movies ever are digitally shot. A well shot movie is a good looking movie and I’ll be the first to admit I have not been able to tell which way or the other on certain films.

But I do prefer Film for sure.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:00 pm

It brings a tear to the eye, it does.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Being shot on digital is, for me, the first definitive downgrade from JW. I don't hate digital, but it doesn't hold a candle to the warmth of 35mm and 70mm. Very disappointing to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!   It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It begins/First Fallen Kingdom Teaser!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next