Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Protection Group

Go down 
+38
Spiegel
Pokesaurus
WeNeedToTalk
Ewinzilla
TRK/TrexKing
Megatron
Trexbreakout
dance2nite
FayhdrianColonist
Bbrink1996
V.a.nublarensis
IllOrfanato
deinocoop
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
NolaJP
#TRexSpinorematch
brunofernando
Gondrasia
eagc7
CT-1138
1morey
Rhedosaurus
iuJacob
mosasaurus
BoulderFaceplant
JettRyu
TyrannosaurTJ
TheDreamMaster
Robotpo
Sobek
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Oviraptor
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 11:42 am

Also FYI. Dont fall for role playing accounts on twitter guys.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 pm

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/dinosaur-rights-birth-of-an-activist.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Dr Wu is a supervillain confirmed:

Quote :

“Dr. Henry Wu’s involvement with the genetic manipulation of the species known as Indominus Rex was one of the key factors towards its escape and the subsequent disaster at Jurassic World,” Dearing said. “His absence from the Congressional hearings is a major red flag that something like this could happen again.” In fact, “could” feels like a mighty understatement considering how corporate control over dinosaurs for the last few decades has played out; corporations are built for profit, and greed has been proven to respect no ethical boundaries.

Dr. Henry Wu, recently stripped of all credentials after being found guilty of bio-ethical misconduct, could not be reached for comment. His absence comes at an inconvenient time for those debating the future of Isla Nublar. When asked if she considered Dr. Wu responsible for the deaths of several members of the public, Dearing said, “He abused his power and his position, and he must be held accountable for his actions.” Speaking at the hearing, Dr. J.R. Phillips of the National Committee for Medical and Health Research Ethics gave her view on the scientist’s actions leading up the tragedy: “It has been made abundantly clear that Dr. Wu had a total disregard for any kind of legislation that protects the public, abusing almost every limitation put in place on his research.”

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA I KNEW IT! I KNEW ZIA WOULD TRASH TALK WU!  Laughing

Zia Rodriguez: Wu is evil and here's why

Me, an intelectual: *Clears throat* *takes blackboard and pen and writes down his defence*

Laughing

PS: Damnit it was Claire. I didn't expect this from you Claire. Evil or Very Mad

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm curious about something. If the JP3 Spino really did get transfered to Nublar, then how did it die? Also, do you think that Universal really intended that one JW Spino skeleton to be that of the JP3 Spino all along before all the fan-outrage forced them to say otherwise?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I'm curious about something. If the JP3 Spino really did get transfered to Nublar, then how did it die? Also, do you think that Universal really intended that one JW Spino skeleton to be that of the JP3 Spino all along before all the fan-outrage forced them to say otherwise?

I think it died of natural causes. I refuse to accept that skeleton is JP3 Spino. It's just bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Me, an intelectual: *Clears throat* *takes blackboard and pen and writes down his defence*

Laughing

PS: Damnit it was Claire. I didn't expect this from you Claire. Evil or Very Mad

The article states that he was found guilty of bio-ethical misconduct and his tempering with the Indominus caused the deaths of a number of people. He may be a favourite character of yours but surely you can't defend his actions? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Bbrink1996 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Laughing

The article states that he was found guilty of bio-ethical misconduct and his tempering with the Indominus caused the deaths of a number of people. He may be a favourite character of yours but surely you can't defend his actions? Neutral

I'm not defending. I agree with Claire Dearing about him. He's responsible. It's just a joke of mine about the "me an intelectual". Smile

I like Wu but I don't turn a blind eye of his wrongdoings.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Bbrink1996 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Laughing

I'm not defending. I agree with Claire Dearing about him. He's responsible. It's just a joke of mine about the "me an intelectual". Smile

I find it unexpectedly harsh that he was blamed for the deaths and had his license yanked away from him. That was his life.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Bbrink1996 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Laughing

I find it unexpectedly harsh that he was blamed for the deaths and had his license yanked away from him. That was his life.

Well, to be fair Masrani did say, "What you have done...what you are doing...the board will shut down this park, and seize all your work, and Hammond won't be there to protect you this time."

And he even banned Wu from continuing any work in the genetics lab.

Once Wu showed a very....unconcerned reaction to the Indominus rex having killed people, I really started to be come suspicious of him.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Bbrink1996 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Laughing

Don't worry Sickle, he'll get revenge. Twisted Evil

The only way to stop him from doing science is either arresting him or killing him. He won't stop just because they got his license away. Like he could care about bio ethics lmao

I find it harsh because Claire is also responsible for what happened. I don't like it all blamed on Wu, when there were other people to blame too.

But since he's the "evil mad scientist", of course all the blame will be on him. Not justifying of course, but I can imagine Wu's mindset. For him, his work, science, is more important than anything, and if some lifes need to end so he can archive it, so be it. He probably knew after JW that he would get arrested and would never be allowed to do genetics again if he appeared in public, so he could care less about the legal stuff that happened.

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 5:24 pm

A lot of new information about Sorna's fate in the latest update on DPG's site: http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-masrani-global.html
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 7:58 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
A lot of new information about Sorna's fate in the latest update on DPG's site: http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-masrani-global.html

Interesting the spino and the 80 plus corythosaur herd seemed to have been one of the things that tipped the fragile balance of the ecosystem.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
FayhdrianColonist wrote:

Interesting the spino and the 80 plus corythosaur herd seemed to have been one of the things that tipped the fragile balance of the ecosystem.

Looks like the idea that Sorna is devoid of dino life is more concrete, at least from the perspective of the Dinosaur Protection Group. I expect to see a lot of salty opinions popping up soon about this, but remember:
This site is written from the perspective of the Dinosaur Protection Group, not Universal Studios.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:08 pm

I don't see where it says it's devoid of dinosaurs entirely, though. It just says they shipped surviving dinosaurs to Nublar, which we already knew. Eradicating smaller species like Compies and even Raptors would prove a futile and possibly even impossible effort. I can tell they're teetering on it, but I doubt they'll ever outright say that Sorna is devoid of dinosaurs. I think they know fans love Sorna and wouldn't ever stick a giant middle finger right into the canon like that.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I don't see where it says it's devoid of dinosaurs entirely, though. It just says they shipped surviving dinosaurs to Nublar, which we already knew. Eradicating smaller species like Compies and even Raptors would prove a futile and possibly even impossible effort. I can tell they're teetering on it, but I doubt they'll ever outright say that Sorna is devoid of dinosaurs. I think they know fans love Sorna and wouldn't ever stick a giant middle finger right into the canon like that.

I agree on your analysis about small dinos evading detection/capture, not to mention the possibility of eggs hatching on the island that were missed. That's why I noted that it's important to keep in mind that this information is from an in-universe source, not a real-life director, writer, or studio executive. While the writers plan to move away from the islands, they've *got* to know that fans love Sorna and its population.

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

So this basically confirms that the Rex family was killed either by a viral strain or the Spinosaurus. I have no words for the stupidity of this. Not only is that a huge middle finger to the fans and audiences who got invested in TLW’s Rex plot, but it pretty much defeats the purpose of saving Rexy from Nublar. She’s the last of her kind! Why on earth would they try to save her as part of this extinction prevention if her species is already functionally extinct? Utterly disgusted by this version of canon shat out just to contrive the Nublar stock into being the last dinosaurs. “Eruption=extinction” is so unnecessary, and appeals to this modern blockbuster way of thinking where the stakes have to be as simplistic as possible to appeal to the sub-70-IQ crowd.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:18 am

I think it's just easier in a way now to write TLW & JP3 out of canon & just watch the films like this :

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
Fallen Kingdom

So much easier, just pretend TLW & JP3 are spinoff's or random dreams, lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 am

I just hope they discuss it in fallen kingdom
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:02 am

Here comes the salt!Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 11555810

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
So this basically confirms that the Rex family was killed either by a viral strain or the Spinosaurus. I have no words for the stupidity of this. Not only is that a huge middle finger to the fans and audiences who got invested in TLW’s Rex plot, but it pretty much defeats the purpose of saving Rexy from Nublar. She’s the last of her kind! Why on earth would they try to save her as part of this extinction prevention if her species is already functionally extinct? Utterly disgusted by this version of canon shat out just to contrive the Nublar stock into being the last dinosaurs. “Eruption=extinction” is so unnecessary, and appeals to this modern blockbuster way of thinking where the stakes have to be as simplistic as possible to appeal to the sub-70-IQ crowd.

How is it stupidity? The amount of time between Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World was pretty massive. To expect nothing to have happened in that time is pretty ridiculous. Masrani taking a bulk load of Dinosaurs that already exist on an island instead of cloning an entirely new batch makes sense.
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

How is it stupidity? The amount of time between Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World was pretty massive. To expect nothing to have happened in that time is pretty ridiculous. Masrani taking a bulk load of Dinosaurs that already exist on an island instead of cloning an entirely new batch makes sense.

I totally agree

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

I agree, not only that, but why didn't Masrani demand a new batch of dinosaur be made to replace that ones that died out? Also, don't the other islands have dinosaurs as well? And what about the fact that the U.S. Military was supposed to be protecting the islands? Even more after what happened in JP3?

I honesty think more then ever that Spielberg and Universal have no idea how much fans love TLW and that they have no intent on actually PROPERLY explaining any of the plot holes that took place i JP3 or in between JP3 and JW via an animated cartooon show. At this point, TLW seems to be the last JP movie that had any common sense. I was willing to lower my expectations for JW but I had them raised much higher for this new movie. From what I have seen, it only seems to get dumber. Finding out how it will begin alone made my stomach churn.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

I agree, not only that, but why didn't Masrani demand a new batch of dinosaur be made to replace that ones that died out? Also, don't the other islands have dinosaurs as well? And what about the fact that the U.S. Military was supposed to be protecting the islands? Even more after what happened in JP3?

I honesty think more then ever that Spielberg and Universal have no idea how much fans love TLW and that they have no intent on actually PROPERLY explaining any of the plot holes that took place i JP3 or in between JP3 and JW via an animated cartooon show. At this point, TLW seems to be the last JP movie that had any common sense. I was willing to lower my expectations for JW but I had them raised much higher for this new movie. From what I have seen, it only seems to get dumber. Finding out how it will begin alone made my stomach churn.

New Dinos = more money. Seriously, I actually can't believe how badly people are moaning about this. Since when were there Dinosaurs on any of the other islands? The U.S. Military WERE (past tense) protecting the island. That could've changed since. Again, it's been a long time since the events of JP3.

What exactly do you want from the story of this franchise? Where would you take it?

Honestly, I feel like the fanbase for this franchise is turning into the Star Wars fanbase. The filmmakers literally can't seem to do anything without getting fingers pointed at them.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

New Dinos = more money. Seriously, I actually can't believe how badly people are moaning about this. Since when were there Dinosaurs on any of the other islands? The U.S. Military WERE (past tense) protecting the island. That could've changed since. Again, it's been a long time since the events of JP3.

What exactly do you want from the story of this franchise? Where would you take it?

Honestly, I feel like the fanbase for this franchise is turning into the Star Wars fanbase. The filmmakers literally can't seem to do anything without getting fingers pointed at them.

I listed many examples in this multiple times. But here's my path.

Instead of the the movie that we are currently getting, have a movie that takes place in between JP3 and JW. Have Wu secretly wipe out half the dinosaurs with the VX virus with the JP3 Spino, ret-conned as a T. rex Spino hybrid, as backup. Have be where Masrani pays a man to investigate the dinosaurs on Sorna and the other islands to see how they are doing. Make Wu an inside man for Biosyn.

This movie, the one we are currently getting would be the final movie, with the ending modified so that Lex and Tim everything back.

All my other ideas are on my second post of my 'this franchise should be larger' thread.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Instead of the the movie that we are currently getting, have a movie that takes place in between JP3 and JW. Have Wu secretly wipe out half the dinosaurs with the VX virus with the JP3 Spino, ret-conned as a T. rex Spino hybrid, as backup. Have be where Masrani pays a man to investigate the dinosaurs on Sorna and the other islands to see how they are doing. Make Wu an inside man for Biosyn.

This movie, the one we are currently getting would be the final movie, with the ending modified so that Lex and Tim everything back.

All my other ideas are on my second post of my 'this franchise should be larger' thread.

What would be the purpose of making the Spinosaurus a hybrid? I honestly don't see how those ideas expand the story to new territory compared to what seems to be the plan of the Jurassic World trilogy anyway.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Damn I’m pretty salty. Not gonna lie. Rip Rex family Sad and all the Sorna potential.

At the same time I am not shocked or surprised though. This new trilogy is clearly wanting to move far away from TLW and JP3. Won’t shock me at all if we don’t get a mention now even in the film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

What would be the purpose of making the Spinosaurus a hybrid? I honestly don't see how those ideas expand the story to new territory compared to what seems to be the plan of the Jurassic World trilogy anyway.

The JP3 Spino was portrayed as a super-predator, but in real life, medium sized dinosaurs were the largest prey it could take down. Not only that, but there are many differences between that version-which was based on a lot of guesswork-and the modern version. By ret-conning it as a hybrid, it would connect the 2 trilogies much better.

As for the 'plan of the JW trilogy' can we really call it a plan that was made in case it did well, or can we call it something that was made at the last minute due to Universal having no clue what to do in case it did so well mixed with Spielberg not being a franchise man?

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 10:58 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

The JP3 Spino was portrayed as a super-predator, but in real life, medium sized dinosaurs were the largest prey it could take down. Not only that, but there are many differences between that version-which was based on a lot of guesswork-and the modern version. By ret-conning it as a hybrid, it would connect the 2 trilogies much better.

As for the 'plan of the JW trilogy' can we really call it a plan that was made in case it did well, or can we call it something that was made at the last minute due to Universal having no clue what to do in case it did so well mixed with Spielberg not being a franchise man?

Why does the Spinosaurus of all the Dinosaurs in the franchise need to be retconned due to its inaccuracies? Is it because of the T-Rex fight in JP3? If we're trying to explain away inaccuracies, then we might as well have a clean slate for all the rest of them too. Why can't it be that the Spino in Jurassic Park franchise just happens to be a tough son' bitch? I mean, the Raptors are way taller than they should be anyway.

Regarding the plan, I'd call it a plan and a pretty decent one. Just because the story went one way that you don't particularly like it doesn't mean it's a bad story. In fact, I believe it to be a more logical story progression than staying on the islands for another 3 films or wasting time retconning previous ideas. They seem to know what they're going with, hence the decisions to create a backstory for the new film and bringing on board a new writer for part 3. Could be shit in the end, of course, but it's a plan. I just can't imagine people being satisfied with a franchise that lingers on older ideas and doesn't really branch out into new territory.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Why does the Spinosaurus of all the Dinosaurs in the franchise need to be retconned due to its inaccuracies? Is it because of the T-Rex fight in JP3? If we're trying to explain away inaccuracies, then we might as well have a clean slate for all the rest of them too. Why can't it be that the Spino in Jurassic Park franchise just happens to be a tough son' bitch? I mean, the Raptors are way taller than they should be anyway.

Regarding the plan, I'd call it a plan and a pretty decent one. Just because the story went one way that you don't particularly like it doesn't mean it's a bad story. In fact, I believe it to be a more logical story progression than staying on the islands for another 3 films or wasting time retconning previous ideas. They seem to know what they're going with, hence the decisions to create a backstory for the new film and bringing on board a new writer for part 3. Could be shit in the end, of course, but it's a plan. I just can't imagine people being satisfied with a franchise that lingers on older ideas and doesn't really branch out into new territory.

Here's the thing. The Spinosaurus in JP3 barely resembles anything like the modern counterpart, in part due to it being based on too much speculation and not enough hard evidence. Most of the JP dinosaurs still have the basic design of their real life counterparts. That and the JP raptors are too ingrained in pop culture for them to be changed en mass. It all boils down to favoritism and how ingrained certain dinosaurs are in pop culture. When your trying to market a product, then favoritism matters.

As for the plan, is it really that hard to explore both the old and enter the new at the same time rather then say "Screw the old sequels"? Superhero movies and Star Wars both do that and I don't see a reason why we can't get a movie or animated cartoon show that takes place in between JP3 and JW.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 11:42 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Here's the thing. The Spinosaurus in JP3 barely resembles anything like the modern counterpart, in part due to it being based on too much speculation and not enough hard evidence. Most of the JP dinosaurs still have the basic design of their real life counterparts. That and the JP raptors are too ingrained in pop culture for them to be changed en mass. It all boils down to favoritism and how ingrained certain dinosaurs are in pop culture. When your trying to market a product, then favoritism matters.

As for the plan, is it really that hard to explore both the old and enter the new at the same time rather then say "Screw the old sequels"? Superhero movies and Star Wars both do that and I don't see a reason why we can't get a movie or animated cartoon show that takes place in between JP3 and JW.

I'd hardly give the Raptors a pass but not the Spinosaurus. And I'd also say the Spinosaurus from JP3 is very well-known. Eough so that it has enough fans to keep it from being retconned.

Regarding the new and old, they're doing just that. They're branching out and returning to Nublar and POSSIBLY going back to Sorna at some point. There aren't really any other stories to be told on Sorna that wouldn't be slammed for being a rehash. Nothing about this new storyline says 'screw you' to the past sequels. This trilogy is 'Jurassic World' not 'Jurassic Island'. Also, at least Sorna isn't being bombed haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Protection Group
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next