Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Protection Group

Go down 
+38
Spiegel
Pokesaurus
WeNeedToTalk
Ewinzilla
TRK/TrexKing
Megatron
Trexbreakout
dance2nite
FayhdrianColonist
Bbrink1996
V.a.nublarensis
IllOrfanato
deinocoop
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
NolaJP
#TRexSpinorematch
brunofernando
Gondrasia
eagc7
CT-1138
1morey
Rhedosaurus
iuJacob
mosasaurus
BoulderFaceplant
JettRyu
TyrannosaurTJ
TheDreamMaster
Robotpo
Sobek
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Oviraptor
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Why was it decided that Sorna would be destabilized and depopulated? For purely money reasons I understand Masrani acquiring InGen meant they had the assets, but Hammond’s dream past the original film seemed to be to preserve Sorna as it was, not build a New park, per Simon Masrani’s mention of Hammond’s dying wish.

When Universal and Colin approached us with the premise of the new film, we asked well what about Sorna? Surely no one would want to save the dinosaurs of Nublar if there is another island full of them. So they let us come up with a way to divert attention solely to Nublar (in-universe) to help give weight to the desperate situation the dinosaurs faced. We wrote about the destabilisation of Sorna as a nod to Crichton's ideas of behavioural extinction in TLW book, whilst also giving answers to the origins and eventual repercussions of InGen's secret cloning of the Spinosaurus; something the production crew of JP3 talked about heavily even implying in trailers for the third film. Now as we're all huge fans of Isla Sorna we didn't want to completely close the book with that island so it was decided to keep exactly what went down there a mystery. Hence why its still restricted. If the filmmakers ever want to go back there, who knows, something might have survived. We'll have wait and see what they do.

As for Hammond's dying wish, his words to Masrani were to help the dinosaurs “live safely and in peace.” as we mention on the DPG, Lockwood even mentions this dream in Fallen Kingdom. Simon Masrani decided to look after them in a new park as a way of helping them live in peace, which was a good idea...for a while.

JP_Korea wrote:
Hello Jack. I'm Lewis. You may saw me on twitter. First, your work is always awesome and I always enjoyed reading your articles since Masrani Global.

I wonder you and your friends will make new articles on DPG amd Extinction Now! after FK.

When I found you made a Masrani Terminal, I was so excited. I really love we see new informations after JW.

So I hope you update new articles near future.
I want to see more InGen's dirty secret!

Like this:
"During 1994 Clean-up, InGen Security terminated all Species Number IG74726f6f646f6e (T. pectinodon) and found carcass of InGen's first marine reptile (Tylosaurus)."

I know JPTG is just a soft-canon, but you can use elements of it! It'll be awesome!

Hey Lewis, thanks for the kind words! I think we'd all love more InGen secrets, however for now we won't be updating the websites. But who knows what might come later down the line. I know with Masrani Global we launched the backdoor terminal to coincide with the blu-ray release so who knows.

You might like to know however the Troodons & Tylosaurus were originally going to be in the InGen list until I read Sorkin's journal where she mentions that they destroyed all records (except for her journal). I own the physical List we made for the site which still has the Troodon's listed.

I like the game a lot but understand some people don't consider it canon so we like to find a balance that means folks can have it either way.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Hey, thanks for taking the time to interact with us and answer some of our questions!

So I take it that this confirms that the websites are hard canon, regardless of how malleable the content might be?

No worries TL, I love finally being able to geek out with the rest of you guys! I would say yes the sites are hard canon as we've been working closely with Colin/Universal on all this laying out a timeline etc. It's been more rigorous compared to when we worked on Masrani Global. We want to give the fans what they've been asking for.

We try our best to leave no stone unturned.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Personally I’d like to thank you for your work and open honesty in regards to any minor/major retcons or changes made to the lore.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the websites develop as the marketing campaign ranked up and hope it continues. Welcome to Jurassic Mainframe!

We’ve spoken in the past on JPL (rest it’s soul) but glad you are here too now.

Thanks!

Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Ewinzilla wrote:
JP_Korea wrote:
Hello Jack. I'm Lewis. You may saw me on twitter. First, your work is always awesome and I always enjoyed reading your articles since Masrani Global.

I wonder you and your friends will make new articles on DPG amd Extinction Now! after FK.

When I found you made a Masrani Terminal, I was so excited. I really love we see new informations after JW.

Like this:
"During 1994 Clean-up, InGen Security terminated all Species Number IG74726f6f646f6e (T. pectinodon) and found carcass of InGen's first marine reptile (Tylosaurus)."

I know JPTG is just a soft-canon, but you can use elements of it! It'll be awesome!

Hey Lewis, thanks for the kind words! I think we'd all love more InGen secrets, however for now we won't be updating the websites. But who knows what might come later down the line. I know with Masrani Global we launched the backdoor terminal to coincide with the blu-ray release so who knows.

You might like to know however the Troodons & Tylosaurus were originally going to be in the InGen list until I read Sorkin's journal where she mentions that they destroyed all records (except for her journal). I own the physical List we made for the site which still has the Troodon's listed.

I like the game a lot but understand some people don't consider it canon so we like to find a balance that means folks can have it either way.

Thank you for answering my question. Wait! You have a list that includes Troodon?? Can you send me a PM or show me??

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Ewinzilla wrote:
Hey guys, finally we can come out from the woodwork. I just wanted to say its been a fantastic journey over the last year and six months building/researching and writing content for the viral websites. I hope you enjoyed the content we put out on the DPG/Extinction Now! and the new film!

I've been lurking on your forums for sometime now, reading theories/speculations to unanswered questions in the Jurassic lore and I hope through the viral campaigns we could finally lay to rest some of them. You've all been fantastic.

Any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Thank YOU!

- Jack

Good work on the DPG/Extinction now site! I found the site very enjoyable to peruse, and thank you man, I would say your research is well done to the point that I did look up the street you put down for a witness during the San Diego rampage, and found it to have been a plausible street for the Rex to have rampaged down in San Diego from my own research/analysis of the San Diego sequence!

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Well, I for one adore the DPG and Extinction Now! stuff. I really appreciate what you guys do for the fans, and I love the little nods we get. I find the stuff you guys are publishing to be fascinating and really hope to see more in the future. Thinking back to the stuff we've gotten with FK I'm giddy all over again. As a huge fan of catologueing the franchise, I hope my adulation of your efforts inspire you guys to continue your work.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:09 am

TRK wrote:
Personally I’d like to thank you for your work and open honesty in regards to any minor/major retcons or changes made to the lore.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the websites develop as the marketing campaign ranked up and hope it continues. Welcome to Jurassic Mainframe!

We’ve spoken in the past on JPL (rest it’s soul) but glad you are here too now.

Thanks!

Thank you man. Means a lot.

JP_Korea wrote:
Wait! You have a list that includes Troodon?? Can you send me a PM or show me??

I do! We're working on a short BTS video where I'll be showcasing the list.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Good work on the DPG/Extinction now site! I found the site very enjoyable to peruse, and thank you man, I would say your research is well done to the point that I did look up the street you put down for a witness during the San Diego rampage, and found it to have been a plausible street for the Rex to have rampaged down in San Diego from my own research/analysis of the San Diego sequence!

Thanks Sickle! Yeah we made sure that the San Diego stuff lined up as best as possible. I hope you enjoyed the home video footage of the rampage! We're proud of how that worked out.

CT-1138 wrote:
Well, I for one adore the DPG and Extinction Now! stuff. I really appreciate what you guys do for the fans, and I love the little nods we get. I find the stuff you guys are publishing to be fascinating and really hope to see more in the future. Thinking back to the stuff we've gotten with FK I'm giddy all over again. As a huge fan of catologueing the franchise, I hope my adulation of your efforts inspire you guys to continue your work.

Thats awesome to hear CT. Thank you. We're very inspired by those who take the time to go over our work. As Jurassic fans we understand the level of care attention that is expected of the lore, and do our best to entertain those like us who have been passionate about what Crichton began all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 am

Jack, you've done a wonderful job this round on the viral media for Fallen Kingdom and I'm glad Jurassic-Pedia helped you out with research and filling things in. I want to say I also enjoyed how you went ahead and answered questions like the mystery 14th and 15th animals on Nublar at the time of Jurassic Park as well that were on the embryos. I commend you on a job well done. There are inconsistencies, but you've provided a canvas to make these infinitely more organic as misdirection and miscommunication and I particularly love that because it makes the whole situation more real when it comes to immersion into the series. I do hope we can go back to Sorna at some point, I'd love to see what happened with what's left there (read: The Male Rex from TLW Razz) and have a definitive answer or just anything. Hopefully we can explore other aspects from the novel like DX as well. I know a lot of fans love the idea of there being an island where dinosaurs are alive without constraining technology and free of interference. I know I still entertain that notion myself.

CT-1138 wrote:

CT said it perfectly here, we thank you so much from Jurassic-Pedia. Never be afraid to reach out to any of us if you need any kind of help or if you want to even provide additional information for us to incorporate into our repository! Smile

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 am

Ewinzilla wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Why was it decided that Sorna would be destabilized and depopulated? For purely money reasons I understand Masrani acquiring InGen meant they had the assets, but Hammond’s dream past the original film seemed to be to preserve Sorna as it was, not build a New park, per Simon Masrani’s mention of Hammond’s dying wish.

When Universal and Colin approached us with the premise of the new film, we asked well what about Sorna? Surely no one would want to save the dinosaurs of Nublar if there is another island full of them. So they let us come up with a way to divert attention solely to Nublar (in-universe) to help give weight to the desperate situation the dinosaurs faced. We wrote about the destabilisation of Sorna as a nod to Crichton's ideas of behavioural extinction in TLW book, whilst also giving answers to the origins and eventual repercussions of InGen's secret cloning of the Spinosaurus; something the production crew of JP3 talked about heavily even implying in trailers for the third film. Now as we're all huge fans of Isla Sorna we didn't want to completely close the book with that island so it was decided to keep exactly what went down there a mystery. Hence why its still restricted. If the filmmakers ever want to go back there, who knows, something might have survived. We'll have wait and see what they do.

As for Hammond's dying wish, his words to Masrani were to help the dinosaurs “live safely and in peace.” as we mention on the DPG, Lockwood even mentions this dream in Fallen Kingdom. Simon Masrani decided to look after them in a new park as a way of helping them live in peace, which was a good idea...for a while.

JP_Korea wrote:

Like this:

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Hey, thanks for taking the time to interact with us and answer some of our questions!

So I take it that this confirms that the websites are hard canon, regardless of how malleable the content might be?

No worries TL, I love finally being able to geek out with the rest of you guys! I would say yes the sites are hard canon as we've been working closely with Colin/Universal on all this laying out a timeline etc. It's been more rigorous compared to when we worked on Masrani Global. We want to give the fans what they've been asking for.

We try our best to leave no stone unturned.

Thank you for the answers! I was hoping for hints Sorna may not be gone from the franchise forever. I hope it gets revisited or something else comes out that says a small population still exists. I’d take a couple Rex, some hadrosaurs/sauropods, and the JP3 Raptor Pack.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:44 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Jack, you've done a wonderful job this round on the viral media for Fallen Kingdom and I'm glad Jurassic-Pedia helped you out with research and filling things in. I want to say I also enjoyed how you went ahead and answered questions like the mystery 14th and 15th animals on Nublar at the time of Jurassic Park as well that were on the embryos. I commend you on a job well done. There are inconsistencies, but you've provided a canvas to make these infinitely more organic as misdirection and miscommunication and I particularly love that because it makes the whole situation more real when it comes to immersion into the series. I do hope we can go back to Sorna at some point, I'd love to see what happened with what's left there (read: The Male Rex from TLW Razz) and have a definitive answer or just anything. Hopefully we can explore other aspects from the novel like DX as well. I know a lot of fans love the idea of there being an island where dinosaurs are alive without constraining technology and free of interference. I know I still entertain that notion myself.

CT-1138 wrote:

CT said it perfectly here, we thank you so much from Jurassic-Pedia. Never be afraid to reach out to any of us if you need any kind of help or if you want to even provide additional information for us to incorporate into our repository! Smile

Thank you TJ, I'm so happy you enjoyed the site and the work we did! I'll be more than happy to help out with information just let me know what questions you have. The research you guys have collected over the years certainly helped us when looking up details. I'm curious about the inconsistencies you spotted. Obviously we had a lot to cover so I'm not surprised that there might be some. Maybe I can clear them up if possible.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Ewinzilla wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

CT-1138 wrote:

Thank you TJ, I'm so happy you enjoyed the site and the work we did! I'll be more than happy to help out with information just let me know what questions you have. The research you guys have collected over the years certainly helped us when looking up details. I'm curious about the inconsistencies you spotted. Obviously we had a lot to cover so I'm not surprised that there might be some. Maybe I can clear them up if possible.  

The inconsistencies in the 14th and 15th species on Nublar per the embryos. Honestly it was always a contentious issue because of the non specifics of what animals were there, cloned, or even inhabiting the park at that point considering the first movie's park status is several months behind in terms of construction unlike in the novel where it was much more complete. Rick Carter mentioned that the park in the film is purposely designed to be months behind than the park in the book. That's from the Making of Jurassic Park book by Don Shay and Jody Duncan. I actually liked the fact there is miscommunication apparent because it makes this look more real and more organic. In fact it supports Malcolm's arguments in the luncheon scene that they were really not understanding what exactly they were doing fully. I'll go back over it all again and let you know if there is anything we need to clear up or cover though. I was very happy with it this time and I really hope the sixth film wraps things up on Sorna satisfyingly enough when it comes out. Thank you for your hard work! Smile

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Yeah, I had to really think about which direction to take the embryos. Originally I also had Apatosaurus as one of the embryos on Nublar during '93 but it got replaced by Corythosaurus.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Ewinzilla wrote:
Yeah, I had to really think about which direction to take the embryos. Originally I also had Apatosaurus as one of the embryos on Nublar during '93 but it got replaced by Corythosaurus.

Honestly I was surprised you went that route considering Pteranodon is on the mural in the Ops Center on Sorna and planned to be in the aviary. I know I used to think it was Apatosaurus considering the ties to the novel, it being in a near-final script, and was on the ride's site from '95 that got included in the original TLW InGen viral site that was a weird hybrid of film, novel, and ride stuff. Corythosaurus was really a pleasant surprise to me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Klayton, Jack, and Tim talking about the marketing campaign. Very insightful.

Also, thank you for your work Jack. Especially in keeping Sorna alive.

Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:45 am

Spiegel wrote:
Klayton, Jack, and Tim talking about the marketing campaign. Very insightful.

Also, thank you for your work Jack. Especially in keeping Sorna alive.

No worries dude!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 am

Should we still be keeping an eye on the sigh for updates or is that project finished until JW3 information starts being added, which I would assume won't be for a while.

Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 am

For now there will be no updates to the DPG or Extinction Now.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Ewinzilla wrote:
For now there will be no updates to the DPG or Extinction Now.

Is there any chance we could get a DPG card for Allosaurus since that is the only dinosaur that did not get one.
Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Had Mt. Sibo not erupted they would have surely put out other dinosaur social cards. We were not sent all the dinosaurs because the filmmakers wanted to save some species for the film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Just curious. If the U.S. Military was guarding all the other islands, then why did Masrani take the dinosaurs off the island to avoid being poached? Any poaching ship or plane would have been shot down or blown out of the water within seconds of being detected by a frigate or destroyer.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Just curious. If the U.S. Military was guarding all the other islands, then why did Masrani take the dinosaurs off the island to avoid being poached? Any poaching ship or plane would have been shot down or blown out of the water within seconds of being detected by a frigate or destroyer.

It wasn't the U.S. military that was guarding Sorna, it was a U.N. plane. Since none of the other islands were used by InGen other than Sorna, they were only guarding that particular island.

After the 2001 incident, it appears that that was when it became public knowledge that Sorna's ecosystem was thrown out of balance, and to preserve the animals, Masrani had the animals relocated to Nublar beginning in 2004.
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 am

1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It wasn't the U.S. military that was guarding Sorna, it was a U.N. plane. Since none of the other islands were used by InGen other than Sorna, they were only guarding that particular island.

After the 2001 incident, it appears that that was when it became public knowledge that Sorna's ecosystem was thrown out of balance, and to preserve the animals, Masrani had the animals relocated to Nublar beginning in 2004.

Wouldn't it make much more sense, to eliminate a bunch of carnivorous animals on Sorna? A few rexes, the spino? It would be cheaper and faster, if they went down with the chopper and kill off some animals, to bring a certain balance to the island.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am

Why would the U.S. Military be guarding the islands? At the end of the day, they still belong to the Costa Rican government.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm

NikoRex wrote:
1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Wouldn't it make much more sense, to eliminate a bunch of carnivorous animals on Sorna? A few rexes, the spino? It would be cheaper and faster, if they went down with the chopper and kill off some animals, to bring a certain balance to the island.

Doubt they'd be allowed to. Sorna was a nature reserve for all intents and purposes. Plus it'd be cheaper for Masrani to just re-locate the dinosaur to Nublar while their genetic labs were being worked on, rather than clone new animals from scratch.

The thing is, it's not known what exactly was relocated over from Sorna.

We know for sure that Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Spinosaurus were relocated.

Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Edmontosaurus and Microceratus may or may not have been from Sorna.

Ankylosaurus and Stegosaurus may have had some individuals brought over for initial breeding purposes to build up a sizeable population.

Compsognathus, Dilophosaurus, Gallimimus, and Triceratops may initially have had individuals from Sorna if their populations on Nublar were low.

Obviously the nublarensis and sornaensis raptors were used for the IBRIS Project before they were all terminated, and the new specimens (Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo), were created.

Geosternbergia most likely went extinct by 2004.

It would appear there were no surviving TLW Pteranodon or Tyrannosaurus populations on Sorna during the relocation process.

And finally, Apatosaurus and Herrerasaurus had to be cloned from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Why would the U.S. Military be guarding the islands? At the end of the day, they still belong to the Costa Rican government.

Because the U.S.A. is basically the big brother of Costa Rica. Costa Rica doesn't really have a military in real life and other then a few helicopters (maybe), it has no air force. Something else to remember: You know how after Papa Rex and his daughter were re-united how that one ship had a U.S. Navy escort on the way back? The United States would use the Monroe Doctrine to safeguard the islands. After all, since Costa Rica can't do it, the U.S. Military has to

1morey wrote:

Yes it was. I mentioned how the U.S. Navy escorted Papa Rex and his daughter back to Sorna. Not only that, but remember how the U.S. Marines landed on Sorna after that one helicopter chased of the raptors once Grant gave the alpha female her eggs back?

Here's something else. The American public would have DEMANDED that the islands be guarded by the Navy after what happened in San Diego.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

There were a number of reasons for moving dinosaurs off Sorna. The threat of poaching was one of the more publicised reasons Masrani Global used to justify it.

We envisioned Masrani using the high cost of the military presence as a bargaining chip. Something along the lines of -- if they were under the care and attention of the company on Nublar then the government could begin to dilute their presence around the islands, saving a lot of time and money.

Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 5:20 am

1morey wrote:

Doubt they'd be allowed to. Sorna was a nature reserve for all intents and purposes. Plus it'd be cheaper for Masrani to just re-locate the dinosaur to Nublar while their genetic labs were being worked on, rather than clone new animals from scratch.

We know for sure that Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Spinosaurus were relocated.

Can we be really sure about that one?? I doubt that this animal would live peacefully in a enclosure, after we saw what it did to a rusty metall fence. Laughing And, when Spinosaurus died, why they didn't clone a new one? I still don't really buy that the Spinosaurus skeleton from mainstreet to be the JP/// Spino. The skeleton doesn't look like the JP one.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 6:43 am

Ewinzilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

There were a number of reasons for moving dinosaurs off Sorna. The threat of poaching was one of the more publicised reasons Masrani Global used to justify it.

We envisioned Masrani using the high cost of the military presence as a bargaining chip. Something along the lines of -- if they were under the care and attention of the company on Nublar then the government could begin to dilute their presence around the islands, saving a lot of time and money.

But a small naval task force wouldn't have been that expensive at all. A group of 10 Cyclone patrol ships basically large PT boats) and 3 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates would have been fairly cheap yet effective enough to deter any poachers.  It's not exactly like the U.S. Navy would have needed to put a whole task force with 2 aircraft carriers.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 2:47 pm

NikoRex wrote:
1morey wrote:

Can we be really sure about that one?? I doubt that this animal would live peacefully in a enclosure, after we saw what it did to a rusty metall fence.  Laughing  And, when Spinosaurus died, why they didn't clone a new one? I still don't really buy that the Spinosaurus skeleton from mainstreet to be the JP/// Spino. The skeleton doesn't look like the JP one.

I mention those animals, because they were mentioned by the DPG to have existed on Nublar (or were shown on-screen), ergo they had to have been relocated from Nublar.

The Spinosaurus was extinct in 2018, so it died after the Jurassic World incident.

The whole skeleton debacle arose because people misinterpreted that Twitter post, which was also worded poorly. (I think something along the lines of "Did you know?: The skeleton on Main Street is a Spinosaurus, which also appeared in Jurassic Park 3." would have been better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Protection Group
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10