Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Protection Group

Go down 
+38
Spiegel
Pokesaurus
WeNeedToTalk
Ewinzilla
TRK/TrexKing
Megatron
Trexbreakout
dance2nite
FayhdrianColonist
Bbrink1996
V.a.nublarensis
IllOrfanato
deinocoop
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
NolaJP
#TRexSpinorematch
brunofernando
Gondrasia
eagc7
CT-1138
1morey
Rhedosaurus
iuJacob
mosasaurus
BoulderFaceplant
JettRyu
TyrannosaurTJ
TheDreamMaster
Robotpo
Sobek
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Oviraptor
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JettRyu
Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm

I realize that this is a site for Jurassic Park, and this series is serious business to everyone here to some degree, but I would like to throw the MST3K Mantra out there for people to consider.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Also wondering if there will be an additional facet to the website posted later:

seen in this screen cap: https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/960634177132490752

Says "online bidding available" how awesome would it be to see a fake website where evil people are bidding on trikes or stages?

Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 pm

If that were the case I would want to be on the site just so I could pretend to buy a bioweapon to unleash on the people I hate most. Very Happy

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:17 am

Has anyone attempted to reach the filmmakers RECENTLY regarding the status of Sorna?
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:48 am

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Offici10

Website is as canon as you can get right now until it isn't anymore. Sorry guys.

Sorna status has been hinted to that it basically Masrani, since having access to both, got decimated ecologically because they were ferrying dinosaurs between to rebuild Nublar. Outside of that there mostly are dinosaurs there, but I doubt it is as jam-packed full of them as the other movies would indicate that take place there. DPG runs with this belief as well. I hope something gets dropped in the film, but if it doesn't then we just only have the viral stuff to go off of in the end.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

They could mention that once in the film and that's a good enough explanation for me. No need to overly explain everything, really. It's been a long time since the last Sorna visit, lots of stuff could have happened in that time.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 am

Regardless of what happened, there’s just no way the Nublar stock are the last dinosaurs. Masrani and co. would’ve had to basically run around killing everything in sight. We know that’s not what they did. I think the ecological damage comes from what was taken from Sorna. Regardless, I think Sorna will be scarcely mentioned and the dinosaurs will be brought to “another island,” unless there’s anything to that rumor about the T. Rex ending.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:31 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Regardless of what happened, there’s just no way the Nublar stock are the last dinosaurs. Masrani and co. would’ve had to basically run around killing everything in sight. We know that’s not what they did. I think the ecological damage comes from what was taken from Sorna. Regardless, I think Sorna will be scarcely mentioned and the dinosaurs will be brought to “another island,” unless there’s anything to that rumor about the T. Rex ending.

Wait, what rumour was that?????
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

That Rexy and the other dinosaurs that are at the auction are relocated to Sorna at the end of the movie. At this point, I'm HOPING that rumor is true. It's the only thing that can pull be back in.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

That Rexy and the other dinosaurs that are at the auction are relocated to Sorna at the end of the movie. At this point, I'm HOPING that rumor is true. It's the only thing that can pull be back in.

Ohh right. My guess is they take the ones they can find to Sorna but still are missing a lot of the ones that escaped into the surrounding wilderness, ready for Jurassic world 3
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 pm

I would like to see a new island, I don't know about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I would too, but not until Universal ensures that Sorna and the first 2 sequels are still hard canon in the movies.

With that said, I'd like to see another island with new dinosaurs we haven't seen, a Feathered Anzu, Pentaceratops, and even 'true'/modern Spinosaurus's. I think fans would like to see the modern version given the 2014 neotype being described.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
[That Rexy and the other dinosaurs that are at the auction are relocated to Sorna at the end of the movie. At this point, I'm HOPING that rumor is true. It's the only thing that can pull be back in.

But isn't that just a complete duplication of the ending to The Lost World? How is that fresh or interesting?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
[That Rexy and the other dinosaurs that are at the auction are relocated to Sorna at the end of the movie. At this point, I'm HOPING that rumor is true. It's the only thing that can pull be back in.

But isn't that just a complete duplication of the ending to The Lost World?

Yes, but if it ensures that the Sorna movies are still hard canon, then at this point, I honestly don't care.

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Well, the site says they were “shipped among islands” implying that there could be a third island with dinosaurs by now. Whatever happens, I agree, they can’t just not mention Sorna. Bayona said this is as much JP5 as it is JW2, and if that’s the case, we need some Sorna recognition.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
NolaJP wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yes, but if it ensures that the Sorna movies are still hard canon, then at this point, I honestly don't care.

So you'd rather preserve some part of the canon instead of actually getting a good movie? I don't think they need to retread ground covered from previous poorly received sequels. I want a good movie, first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Well there’s a way it could be done differently. Have the dinosaurs wandering out of their pens onto Sorna, let the music swell up, and then cut to what’s happening on the mainland for an ominous ending that sets up JW3. That’s plenty different from the note that any other JP has ended on.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
NolaJP wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

So you'd rather preserve some part of the canon instead of actually getting a good movie?  I don't think they need to retread ground covered from previous poorly received sequels.  I want a good movie, first and foremost.

It is possible to have both. Besides, fans love The Lost World and that movie has got more love as time has gone by.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm

I feel like this film needs to act as the bridge for a break away from the usual island stuff. Having the Dinosaurs escape into the mainland would do that more than taking them to Sorna. But I think they could have an ending where we see the ones that were recaptured on Sorna and then cut to the ones that are wondering the mainland forests before it ends.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Site C?

The United States lol.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I feel like this film needs to act as the bridge for a break away from the usual island stuff. Having the Dinosaurs escape into the mainland would do that more than taking them to Sorna. But I think they could have an ending where we see the ones that were recaptured on Sorna and then cut to the ones that are wondering the mainland forests before it ends.

That’s a good point. Although I really hate this talk about it being “the end of the end”.

I would personally love more movies that act as prequels, spin offs etc to show more of the JP universe. I guess I’m like the JP equivalent of a Star Wars fan. I want as much as I can get.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I would too, but not until Universal ensures that Sorna and the first 2 sequels are still hard canon in the movies.

With that said, I'd like to see another island with new dinosaurs we haven't seen, a Feathered Anzu, Pentaceratops, and even 'true'/modern Spinosaurus's. I think fans would like to see the modern version given the 2014 neotype being described.

2014 chimera Spinosaurus isn't valid anymore. Spino isn't quadrupedal.

I still think there needs more research before bringing it back.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

There are still some who think that it had a degree of quadruped ability and the basic design of the 2014 Spinosaurus hasn't changed all that much from the original design. So, it's still valid, just modified a bit.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

There are still some who think that it had a degree of quadruped ability and the basic design of the 2014 Spinosaurus hasn't changed all that much from the original design. So, it's still valid, just modified a bit.

Yeah in fact it probably had smaller legs but the posture is still a mistery pretty much. Some speculate it walked like a duck/penguim, with it's neck forming an S shape.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

That’s a good point. Although I really hate this talk about it being “the end of the end”.

I would personally love more movies that act as prequels, spin offs etc to show more of the JP universe. I guess I’m like the JP equivalent of a Star Wars fan. I want as much as I can get.

I mean to end it like that so that it sets up the third part
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm

The website has had a new update with a report on the Gene Guard Act. There are several notable features in this report, including:
Spoiler:

InGen’s List
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
The website has had a new update with a report on the Gene Guard Act. There are several notable features in this report, including:
Spoiler:

InGen’s List
Spoiler:

That is so cool!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

also jurassic park the game is canon. compys on nublar.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Unfortunately it appears there is also evidence for it not being canon, Herrerasaurus is yet to be cloned and Tylosaurus isn’t on the list at all whether it’s alive or dead.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 pm

The site also states that some Masrani/InGen scientists shortly after InGen's buyout by Masrani, went to Sorna, and illegally cloned Ankylosaurus, Corythosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Spinosaurus in secret, to be used for Jurassic World. (Though, the InGen Dino-Sheets Peter Ludlow had for the 1997 expedition had Corythosaurus (Carinthosaurus) listed, so...)

Between 1997-2003, InGen was prohibited from cloning any new fauna or flora, and an anonymous Masrani representative, pushed for the prohibition to be lifted in 2003.

And, it's been known since the Masrani backdoor that many of the Sorna dinosaurs were re-located.

This makes me wonder what has happened to the T. rex family, and the nublarensis and sornaensis raptor packs? Were they euthanized? Were the raptor packs the original stock for the IBRIS Project?

Gondrasia wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Unfortunately it appears there is also evidence for it not being canon, Herrerasaurus is yet to be cloned and Tylosaurus isn’t on the list at all whether it’s alive or dead.

This is going to be one of those strongly debated topics for the fandom.

Herrerasaurus was mention in Sorkin's journal that the Herrerasaurus were cloned as a safer alternative to the Velociraptors (this strongly implies that there was a possibility the raptors could have been taken off the roster and replaced with Herrerasaurus for Jurassic Park's opening). We only see at most, three individuals, and since they were not officially a park attraction, they were probably in a temporary pen depending on what Hammond decided what would happen with the raptors. So the Herrerasaurus were pretty much in limbo, if the raptors were to stay, the Herrerasaurus probably would have been terminated (like the Troodons were originally supposed to).

As for the Tylosaurus, Harding himself didn't even know there was a marine exhibit on the island (and it was already fully constructed).

You can argue the Phase B aspects of the Park were withheld since they were still W.I.P.

Though since we have finally gotten to see InGen's List, this makes me wonder what were in fact the 15 species on Isla Nublar. Unless Dodgson had gotten faulty information, and there were more on the island.

Of interesting note, Geosternbergia and Proceratosaurus are not shown on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Protection Group
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next