Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur Protection Group

Go down 
+38
Spiegel
Pokesaurus
WeNeedToTalk
Ewinzilla
TRK/TrexKing
Megatron
Trexbreakout
dance2nite
FayhdrianColonist
Bbrink1996
V.a.nublarensis
IllOrfanato
deinocoop
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
NolaJP
#TRexSpinorematch
brunofernando
Gondrasia
eagc7
CT-1138
1morey
Rhedosaurus
iuJacob
mosasaurus
BoulderFaceplant
JettRyu
TyrannosaurTJ
TheDreamMaster
Robotpo
Sobek
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
Dead2009
Oviraptor
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 11:09 am

One thing that does have to change is this mentality that the "correct" way to be a fan is to accept whatever Universal does and just move on.

Fans have every right to not like the direction where the franchise is going. It is after all really shocking that in this new set of sequels (JW and JWFK) we will probably never see or hear about Isla Sorna again.

To the many who consider it a favorite location it is a real low blow to see that from Jurassic World on, the series is going to be all about hybrids and a few callbacks to the nostalgia of the original and just that.

Seriously this news is almost making me miss Jurassic Park 3. At least it was about dinosaurs and back then there wasn't this need to act like Sorna does not exist. I just don't have any interest in yet another film that centers around a hybrid and only has nods to the original.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 11:25 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I understand why some people are upset about this. To be frank, I find it a little bewildering myself, but I think it's important for us as a fandom to not get too down. Look for bright spots, think of ways around this, or think of ways that the story can be progressed, and realize that even if Sorna isn't mentioned once, and this information is all we have on the fate of the island, the door can be re-opened extremely easily. A simple line of dialogue could restore Sorna back to its full glory ("The reports from to DPG were wrong, Sorna is flourishing"....something to that extent). Hell, the page itself could be entirely retconned if someone sees fit too.

Point is that there are numerous ways the door to Sorna can be re-opened. The worst thing we can do as a fandom is allow things to get too septic. If that happens, people won't want to jump aboard, and eventually the franchise really will die.

But what if none of those things happen and that the movie does ensure that the Sorna population is wiped out/mostly wiped out with only a few Compys and 2 raptors left?

I get the point about waiting until the movie comes out, but at the same time, is it really invalid of us to be worried about where the franchise is going and how it's treated. Many of us, including yourself were burned really bad by JP3, and even if that infamous fight scene didn't happen, it still would have burned us. Because of exactly that, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to be worried about us getting burned again.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 1:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

But what if none of those things happen and that the movie does ensure that the Sorna population is wiped out/mostly wiped out with only a few Compys and 2 raptors left?

I get the point about waiting until the movie comes out, but at the same time, is it really invalid of us to be worried about where the franchise is going and how it's treated. Many of us, including yourself were burned really bad by JP3, and even if that infamous fight scene didn't happen, it still would have burned us. Because of exactly that, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to be worried about us getting burned again.

Fair enough, and I certainly don't think it's "unreasonable" to be worried. Just pointing out that A) Even if every one of our fears is confirmed. there are a near endless amount of ways in which the franchise can dig its way out and reestablish Sorna as a flourishing ecosystem again, even if it is via a straight up retcon, and B) Allowing our relatively small fandom to grow septic and overly cynical is a damn near perfect way to ensure that our thoughts and opinions are rendered irrelevant, and a damn near perfect way to ensure that the fandom doesn't grow at all. Not saying that we have any responsibility to be positive or anything...you can feel however you want. Only suggesting that it looks better to everyone involved if we make sure things don't get too septic around here, for whatever that's worth to you.

Furthermore, I would suggest that using Twitter to try and connect with people working on the series, be it Trevorrow, Bayona, Marshall, etc etc etc....to explain the issues/worries you or anyone else might have would be more productive. (I actually did try to contact Trevorrow yesterday about the issue, to no avail)

Hell, start a petition on Facebook. "Save Isla Sorna". If that stupid Rex vs Spino petition can get 5000 likes, surely a petition to reestablish the main set piece of two of the films in the franchise could make some sort of dent.

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 4:55 pm

The DPG website has a testimonial from a San Diego firefighter. I don't think they're retconning TLW. How about we all wait until the movie comes out before we grab the pitchforks?

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 6:43 pm

At this point I have to recognize that Universal like Disney will most likely not care that much about any petitions of any kind.

There is this huge petition online to remove The Last Jedi from canon and Disney, Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have all said that they are not affected by it at all and will continue to do their own thing their way.

Same with Universal, they seem to think, as long as the name Jurassic is attached to it, it will sell like crazy.

And it will sell for sure, but will the fans remember it fondly ? The Last Jedi sold like a billion dollars and most Star Wars fans wish it never existed.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 8:58 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
At this point I have to recognize that Universal like Disney will most likely not care that much about any petitions of any kind.

There is this huge petition online to remove The Last Jedi from canon and Disney, Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have all said that they are not affected by it at all and will continue to do their own thing their way.

Won't know 'till you try tongue

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:34 pm

And remind me again why Universal also had to play it very safe again with Fallen Kingdom?

I get Universal playing it safe by only focusing on the nostalgia of the original and ignoring the other 2 sequels with Jurassic World since Jurassic World was the first major thing Jurassic in over a decade but now that Jurassic World is like the fourth biggest film in box office history...Why is there such a need to play it so safe again by trying to downgrade and downplay anything TLW and JP3?

It almost feels like both JW and JW:FK are being made mostly with the very very casual audience in mind, those don't really know the names of any of the dinosaurs. And I am not saying in any way that Jurassic World and Jurassic World don't have anything good to offer. Of course they could have good action sequences, a good plot and nice characters but still they are being made mostly with the very general public in mind.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:54 pm

As well they should be, as the majority of people who go to see these types of movies are casual viewers...especially JP films, which, despite their massive box office numbers, have a fraction of the hardcore audience that franchises like Marvel, DC or Star Wars have.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:26 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
As well they should be, as the majority of people who go to see these types of movies are casual viewers...especially JP films, which, despite their massive box office numbers, have a fraction of the hardcore audience that franchises like Marvel, DC or Star Wars have.

Just curious, have you seen my ideas of the other directions this franchise could have taken? I ask because I honestly still think you can put in new ideas to this franchise while still playing it fairly safe but Spielberg and Universal are playing it TOO safe. If you haven't seen them yet, it's on my second post on the second pg of my 'Shouldn't this franchise be larger' thread.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yeah but if you only make these movies for those who will only see them once and then forget about them then you run the risk of turning these films into forgettable generic C movies.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:01 am

You can now adopt your own dinosaur!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:29 am

I adopted myself a T.rex Cool

https://twitter.com/Tyrant_Liz/status/996409324195889155

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I do appreciate that they bookended the video with clips from the ending to The Lost World; it's my favourite ending shot in the franchise (thus far) as you can probably tell. Wink

Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 3:20 pm

I adopted Blue.

Some JP cameos appeared on the list (most certainly user-submitted):

Amanda Kirby adopted an Ankylosaurus
Sarah Harding shows up at least three different times, each adopting a Stegosaurus
Owen Grady adopted an Ankylosaurus
Donald Gennaro adopted the Tyrannosaurus rex
Lex Murphy adopted a Gallimimus
John Hammond adopted a Sinoceratops and Blue
Alan Grant adopted the Tyrannosaurus rez

Also some joke/pop culture submissions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I do appreciate that they bookended the video with clips from the ending to The Lost World; it's my favourite ending shot in the franchise (thus far) as you can probably tell. Wink

I see things differently. I see this as a slap in the face to that ending. You want to say that the Sorna population get hit by an overabundance of predators? OK, I can buy that. But saying that the whole Sorna population got wiped out in part of that and then using it as part of a viral campaign? Sorry, but that just spits on the 'Life Finds A Way' part that Malcolm said and, at the end of the movie, Hammond himself agreed with.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:44 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Agreed. The shot perfectly illustrates what the DPG would be all about, so it's a nice touch.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I see things differently. I see this as a slap in the face to that ending. You want to say that the Sorna population get hit by an overabundance of predators? OK, I can buy that. But saying that the whole Sorna population got wiped out in part of that and then using it as part of a viral campaign? Sorry, but that just spits on the 'Life Finds A Way' part that Malcolm said and, at the end of the movie, Hammond himself agreed with.

Hammond Agreed until Masrani came around and said hey let us give the Park another go and then have it be successful for 10 years.

Then $$$ and his vision realised occured. JWFK, will be the fallout of Life finding a way.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

TRK wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Hammond Agreed until Masrani came around and said hey let us give the Park another go and then have it be successful for 10 years.

Then $$$ and his vision realised occured. JWFK, will be the fallout of Life finding a way.

But was having the Sorna population get wiped out really worth it? Couldn't they have just militarized the other islands like India has done with Kazeringa National Park, or at least lessened the blow by either having a far more healthy and stable dinosaur population on the other islands we haven't seen and/or transfering some of the Sorna dinosaur to those islands?

Also, was this the only thing/best idea they could come up with of what happened to Sorna? And was having it on a medium that's so maluable-finished sites can still be changed on a whim but a finished cartoon show, movie, or book is solid and concrete and, thus, is very hard to change-really a good idea?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Reposting from the RPF. Apparently, this is a thing:
Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 SsuLnCZ

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TRK wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

But was having the Sorna population get wiped out really worth it? Couldn't they have just militarized the other islands like India has done with Kazeringa National Park, or at least lessened the blow by either having a far more healthy and stable dinosaur population on the other islands we haven't seen and/or transfering some of the Sorna dinosaur to those islands?

Also, was this the only thing/best idea they could come up with of what happened to Sorna? And was having it on a medium that's so maluable-finished sites can still be changed on a whim but a finished cartoon show, movie, or book is solid and concrete and, thus, is very hard to change-really a good idea?

Probably not a good idea, but from a financial stand point, hauling stock from Sorna to another island for the park rather than making all new stock(which they did eventually anyway) would probably have been better. Definitely was not the moral choice, but financial and time choice possibly.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm

TRK wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TRK wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Probably not a good idea, but from a financial stand point, hauling stock from Sorna to another island for the park rather than making all new stock(which they did eventually anyway) would probably have been better. Definitely was not the moral choice, but financial and time choice possibly.

But did they have to take away ALL of them? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep some form of stable population on Sorna by just keeping some of them there, some to Nulbar, and the rest on the other islands?

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm

I am curious at to how the website will be updated after Fallen Kingdom is released. I imagine the whole thing will eventually be updated ala the official Jurassic World site pretty quick after the film's release. Should be interesting.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

@Rhedosaurus I agree, but for the sake of control I think I see why the herded everything to one Island. Given how much open space a lot of the herbivores had now.

I do think that Sorna should have been kept as the breeding/testing grounds. Would have avoided the JW Incident entirely, but hey plot points.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 6:41 am

TRK wrote:
@Rhedosaurus  I agree, but for the sake of control I think I see why the herded everything to one Island. Given how much open space a lot of the herbivores had now.

I do think that Sorna should have been kept as the breeding/testing grounds. Would have avoided the JW Incident entirely, but hey plot points.

That or they should have been kept on Sorna as Plan B.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 8:50 am

Anyone else think this is all a plan? Like, they'll make out that there are no more Dinosaurs on Sorna, but by the end of the film we'll see some sort of montage of Dinos around the world and then we'll go to Sorna and see that there are Dinos there, showing that life finds a way in the end and goes against all mankind's predictions etc.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 9:04 am

I like to think that the whole "no dinosaurs on Sorna" thing is just a false advertisement campaign by the DPG to sway public opinion into supporting their cause. The scenario seems plausible enough for the public to believe, the military won't have to deal with intruders, and the world governments probably don't care either way. I honestly wouldn't put it past Claire to do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 10:52 am

I doubt it, Isla Sorna's ecosystem has collapsed and all of the surviving animals have been removed, then it could be possible that the only species of dinosaur that's left would be Compsognathus; surviving on the insects and small lizards that live on the island. Maybe even a pack of plucky Velociraptors are eking out a living on one of Sorna's mountains similar to Trespasser.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 11:07 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Anyone else think this is all a plan? Like, they'll make out that there are no more Dinosaurs on Sorna, but by the end of the film we'll see some sort of montage of Dinos around the world and then we'll go to Sorna and see that there are Dinos there, showing that life finds a way in the end and goes against all mankind's predictions etc.

I really wish that was the case, along with the T. rex ending on Sorna. The one where Rexy found a new husband who was also a single father. But with everything being leak since the first trailer back in November, we would have heard about that by now. And if the one shot of Rexy roaring at a lion is anything to take away from, we can pretty say that won't happen.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm

New article on the DPG site.

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/investigation-the-old-park.html

Investigation: The old park

Some really cool stuff here.

Also, the last article which wasn't mentioned here.

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/saving-the-carnivores-of-isla-nublar.html

Saving the carnivores of Isla Nublar

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm

I really like how they mentioned the herrasaurs from JPTG

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Protection Group   Dinosaur Protection Group - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Protection Group
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next