Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 4:51 pm

I would have liked to have seen Malcolm actually interact with the main cast a bit though.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I would have liked to have seen Malcolm actually interact with the main cast a bit though.

Maybe in the next one. I don't really see how he'd realistically be more involved in the film, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Malcolm's lines were generally good ^

Wu is very cool, I hope we get much more of him in JW3.

Overrated IMO. He just said the same stuff he did before. But that's just me. Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm

I see a handful of JP fans on Twitter saying that FK is their favorite film of the entire franchise. To each their own I suppose, but I just can't fathom that any more than I can fathom the idea that it's somehow worse than JP3.

Exaggerations all around Laughing

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I see a handful of JP fans on Twitter saying that FK is their favorite film of the entire franchise. To each their own I suppose, but I just can't fathom that any more than I can fathom the idea that it's somehow worse than JP3.

Exaggerations all around Laughing

It's the general public vs two different sets of fan boys. There are fan boys that just seem to love it because its JW/JP and fan boys that dont feel like it was JP enough. It's an interesting dynamic .

doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm

I may be a bit late to this thread, but I'd like to provide my review.

Overall I'd give the film probably a 7/10. There's a lot there that I liked, but quite a bit that I believe could've been handled better. For starters, the film's opening is absolutely fantastic, the acting overall is good, though I wasn't too big of a fan of Claire's two assistants. Pratt gave a great performance like he always does, and Bryce Dallas Howard was good as well. The effects overall are done well, and I can really appreciate the use of practical effects in some scenes over just using cgi. I really enjoyed the scenes on Isla Nublar, and wish we spent more time on the island. The shot when they're leaving the island with the Brachiosaur (I think, will have to double check if I watch it again) in the ash and lighting of the lava was fantastic. Personally, where the movie loses some points is the mansion. There's some good stuff their, like the interesting auction scene, the reveal of the indoraptor (which I didn't know about because screw spoilers and trailers) was great and they definitely let you get a good look at it. I like how our big bads get their comeuppance and the ending scenes with the dinosaurs on the mainland was fun as hell. But, I do kinda wish they had just let them die. I never really agreed with the Dinosaur Protection Group, and knew something was going to go awry. I thought the dinosaurs dying there would be a heartfelt good conclusion to the film. But oh well, I knew there was going to be another film after this regardless. The fact about the child being a genetically made being seems really thrown in, and really doesn't amount to any debate or anything worthwhile, it's just a reason to free the dinosaurs. All in all, I quite enjoyed the film, and believe it is really on par with the previous film. As for how it sits in the rest of the franchise, My current Ranking is this:

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World/JW: Fallen Kindom
4. Jurassic Park ///

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

If Wu is the main villain full stop i would be so happy. Seriously. I found Hoskins pretty meh and as you can tell i hated the villain here. So i would like to focus on someone i know i like Smile

I'm not sure that can happen though or if the next movie even really needs a MAIN villain. With all the different parts of the world the animals are going to they may as well make a anthology JP movie before or after JW3. I'd watch the hell out of that.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Finally got to see the movie and I had a lot of fun watching it. It was beautifully shot and I enjoyed watching it, but man those villains were so damn cartoony. One criticism that I have been seeing a lot that really annoys me is that people are still asking why they should even bother to save the dinosaurs when sorna is still around. "why save them when there's more?" Its like people lack empathy for animals. That scene with the brachiosaurs nearly brought me to tears and that still does not convince people that they should be saved.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Finally got to see the movie and I had a lot of fun watching it. It was beautifully shot and I enjoyed watching it, but man those villains were so damn cartoony. One criticism that I have been seeing a lot that really annoys me is that people are still asking why they should even bother to save the dinosaurs when sorna is still around. "why save them when there's more?" Its like people lack empathy for animals. That scene with the brachiosaurs nearly brought me to tears and that still does not convince people that they should be saved.  

It's far easier to empathic toward a dog or an elephant than it is a lion or hyena.

IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:

In this particular case it is not lack of empathy - it is the lack of solid script.

Let's be honest: how much would it cost Colin/Derek to include ONE DIALOGUE LINE saying "We cannot go to Sorna, because <insert a good reason here>. And yes, I am aware of viral websites, but despite giving nods to fans this is NOT the place to keep key information for the film.

Seriously, no one in Universal spotted that?
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 9:01 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

In this particular case it is not lack of empathy - it is the lack of solid script.

Let's be honest: how much would it cost Colin/Derek to include ONE DIALOGUE LINE saying "We cannot go to Sorna, because <insert a good reason here>. And yes, I am aware of viral websites, but despite giving nods to fans this is NOT the place to keep key information for the film.

Seriously, no one in Universal spotted that?
Honestly, out of all of the complaints directed at this movie THAT to me just feels like such a minor nitpick. Like people act like this completely breaks the movie. Since they were going to be betrayed by mills anyways then it doesn't matter where they say they are going to take them. It is a little weird that they would pick some random island instead of sorna but it doesn't destroy the movie for me.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Saw it again tonight - still enjoyed it a lot, but something really bothered me (somehow it didn't the first time). Did anyone find the scene where Claire points the laser on the indoraptor directing thing directly at Owen? That's the best she could come up with?! Honestly, if he didn't pick up on it or move fast enough, she would have killed him. At least she didn't aim it Maisie. Yeesh.

Another niggle - why use an amphibious species like the Baryonyx in the bunker scene when an Allosaurus or any theropod would have done? It seems like they missed an opportunity to use the Baryonyx in a more appropriate way - like, how about in the gyrosphere scene, Owen can't get them out, then a Baryonyx swims up and breaks in as Claire and Franklin are trying to get out?

As for ranking in the series:

Jurassic Park/The Lost World
Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park III
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 am

I am nitpicking at this point. But it’s a point I wanted to bring up nonetheless. Well actually I don’t feel it’s a nitpick as much as it is discussion.

Okay so the opening scene. I figured that the opening scene takes place not long after JW right? We didn’t get a hint that the active volcano was in the background and the Indoraptor certainly is no baby that was just born. Atleast it seems not to be. They needed the DNA to make it after all.

So then why is the Mosa just now reaching people at the same time the other animals escaped? Is it just for convenience sake? I know a minor complaint but it just registered with me. And I do understand a animal of that size would be hard to detect in the ocean.

I think it would have been really cool if the court brought up the mosa escape at the beginning of the film as a reason NOT to save the animals. Like we see the surfer scene directly after the opening.

Thoughts? Opinion?
Back to top Go down
Raptor_Guard999
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor_Guard999

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 am

So after seeing the film for the first time today(I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see it again), I have a few questions that could use answering.

What happened to the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna? Sorna is mentioned early in the film but they seem to say that all the remaining dinosaurs are on Isla Nublar.

What happened to Dr. Wu? I know he got knocked unconscious by Franklin and I don't remeber him being killed by Blue, but did he make it out of the lab before the explosion? I did not catch that part.

How long have they had the Indoraptor? Probably at least a couple of years since it seems to be fully grown, but I thought they were going to clone it using DNA from Blue and the Indominus Rex, but I guess not.

Does Dilophosaurus appear in this one? It seems like it makes a brief appearance or two, but I cannot remember for sure.

Was Malcolm's dialogue at the end a flashback to the beginning or a second appearance after the dinosaurs escape? He was talking like they were already running free.

Where did all the new dinosaurs(ones that weren't in JW) come from? Did JW have dinosaur pens not featured in the park, or were they running loose or what?

Overall I think it was a really good film and even better than JW. The plot was good and the ending was very satisfying(especially the closing dialogue with Malcolm). It was definitely more intense than any of the other JP films. I was afraid that this would be too much of a retread of TLW but it was not.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 am

Raptor_Guard999 wrote:
So after seeing the film for the first time today(I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see it again), I have a few questions that could use answering.

What happened to the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna? Sorna is mentioned early in the film but they seem to say that all the remaining dinosaurs are on Isla Nublar.

What happened to Dr. Wu? I know he got knocked unconscious by Franklin and I don't remeber him being killed by Blue, but did he make it out of the lab before the explosion? I did not catch that part.

How long have they had the Indoraptor? Probably at least a couple of years since it seems to be fully grown, but I thought they were going to clone it using DNA from Blue and the Indominus Rex, but I guess not.

Does Dilophosaurus appear in this one? It seems like it makes a brief appearance or two, but I cannot remember for sure.

Was Malcolm's dialogue at the end a flashback to the beginning or a second appearance after the dinosaurs escape? He was talking like they were already running free.

Where did all the new dinosaurs(ones that weren't in JW) come from? Did JW have dinosaur pens not featured in the park, or were they running loose or what?

Overall I think it was a really good film and even better than JW. The plot was good and the ending was very satisfying(especially the closing dialogue with Malcolm). It was definitely more intense than any of the other JP films. I was afraid that this would be too much of a retread of TLW but it was not.

All dinos from Sorna were moved to Nublar completely. The new dinos you saw were either from attractions not present in JW on screen or did not open yet.

Dilo makes a sound at the beginning and appears as a statue.

Wu was dragged off by a guard. He’s alive and well.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I am nitpicking at this point. But it’s a point I wanted to bring up nonetheless. Well actually I don’t feel it’s a nitpick as much as it is discussion.

Okay so the opening scene. I figured that the opening scene takes place not long after JW right? We didn’t get a hint that the active volcano was in the background and the Indoraptor certainly is no baby that was just born. Atleast it seems not to be. They needed the DNA to make it after all.

So then why is the Mosa just now reaching people at the same time the other animals escaped? Is it just for convenience sake? I know a minor complaint but it just registered with me. And I do understand a animal of that size would be hard to detect in the ocean.

I think it would have been really cool if the court brought up the mosa escape at the beginning of the film as a reason NOT to save the animals. Like we see the surfer scene directly after the opening.

Thoughts? Opinion?

That’s a good question. I’d say it probably swam around the islands a while, slowly moving away from its original habitat. But then I’m not really a marine biologist so I don’t know that behavior.

Honestly the main issue I want resolved is Maisie. If dinosaurs were cloneable for 25+ years, surely humans were too. They don’t give an exact time of Lockwood’s daughter’s death but the pics seem dated. But then there’s the mention his daughter saw Jurassic Park at one point. And then Mills whips out that line saying Hammond condemned Lockwood for what he did. Hammond has been dead since around JP3, so not quite 20 years. Maisie meanwhile is, 10, 11? So she wouldn’t have actually been cloned until after Hammonds death. Yet Mills’ quote sounds like he’d done it already and that split him and Hammond. It’s really confusing to me.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:19 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Thoughts? Opinion?

That’s a good question. I’d say it probably swam around the islands a while, slowly moving away from its original habitat. But then I’m not really a marine biologist so I don’t know that behavior.

Honestly the main issue I want resolved is Maisie. If dinosaurs were cloneable for 25+ years, surely humans were too. They don’t give an exact time of Lockwood’s daughter’s death but the pics seem dated. But then there’s the mention his daughter saw Jurassic Park at one point. And then Mills whips out that line saying Hammond condemned Lockwood for what he did. Hammond has been dead since around JP3, so not quite 20 years. Maisie meanwhile is, 10, 11? So she wouldn’t have actually been cloned until after Hammonds death. Yet Mills’ quote sounds like he’d done it already and that split him and Hammond. It’s really confusing to me.

This as well. Just like the Mosa thing it doesn’t bother me really, but I’m really curious if there is an explanation as the timeline of her being cloned simply went over my head I must say.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 2:39 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:

That's one thing that confused me as well. I think Hammond actually died not too long after TLW (I think this was on one of the websites), and if Maisie's creation is really the reason that Hammond and Lockwood had their falling out, as was implied, it means one of four things. A) Hammond died much later than the site stated, which would basically invalidate them as canon. B) Lockwood was tampering with human cloning well before Maisie was created, and that's what caused their falling out. C) Hammond and Lockwood had their falling out for a completely different reason. Or D) Maisie is somehow 21 years old Laughing

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 3:03 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

That's one thing that confused me as well. I think Hammond actually died not too long after TLW (I think this was on one of the websites), and if Maisie's creation is really the reason that Hammond and Lockwood had their falling out, as was implied, it means one of four things. A) Hammond died much later than the site stated, which would basically invalidate them as canon. B) Lockwood was tampering with human cloning well before Maisie was created, and that's what caused their falling out. C) Hammond and Lockwood had their falling out for a completely different reason. Or D) Maisie is somehow 21 years old Laughing

I read somewhere that Lockwood wanted to use the technology to clone his daughter, and that was what caused the falling out, whereas Hammond wanted the technology to bring back extinct animals. So, I took that as Lockwood hadn't cloned her, and that wasn't what caused the falling out. So that would mean (according to Mills) that Hammond was disgusted by the thought of cloning humans.

If the above is correct, then I would say Option B is the answer.

Raptor_Guard999 wrote:

To answer your other questions, I'd say the Indoraptor was created probably a year after JW, this would allow time for decomposition of the Indominus' body to fully skeletonize, and the sub pilot to say that the Mosasaurus was likely already dead.

They wanted Blue's DNA, because they wanted to create an animal that would have maternal instincts towards offspring, and create an Indoraptor that wasn't as vicious towards handlers.

I'd say Malcolm's scene at the end is a second appearance (probably where he would have said, "Here I am, talking about dinosaurs again...")

And the new dinosaurs? Baryonyx was part of the Cretaceous Cruise, both it and Allosaurus were on the Holoscape so Allosaurus was most likely in a separate attraction that was not listed.

Carnotaurus, Stygimoloch, and Sinoceratops were more than likely meant to be future attractions.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

If Wu is the main villain full stop i would be so happy. Seriously. I found Hoskins pretty meh and as you can tell i hated the villain here. So i would like to focus on someone i know i like Smile

I'm not sure that can happen though or if the next movie even really needs a MAIN villain. With all the different parts of the world the animals are going to they may as well make a anthology JP movie before or after JW3. I'd watch the hell out of that.

After watching JW FK I'm 99% sure Wu is not the villain in JW3...Unless they do a 180 with his character, and I hope no.

I really want the technology to go worldwide just to see how Wu will react. Also, I hope he has scenes and interactions with Claire and Owen.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 am

Guys, but is there an answer to the fact the entire opening scene is based on finding the Indominus bone in order to create the Indoraptor, while the end of Jurassic World actually hinted that Wu already brought with him the Indominus embryos on the helicopter?

Like, is it because Wu needed time and the embryos didn't last more than 8 weeks? Or because Wu actually tried creating the Indoraptor more than once but failed at first?

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 am

owenpratt wrote:
Guys, but is there an answer to the fact the entire opening scene is based on finding the Indominus bone in order to create the Indoraptor, while the end of Jurassic World actually hinted that Wu already brought with him the Indominus embryos on the helicopter?

Like, is it because Wu needed time and the embryos didn't last more than 8 weeks? Or because Wu actually tried creating the Indoraptor more than once but failed at first?

I'm sure he had failed atempts. And besides, maybe the embryos he took didn't even hatch? Or couldn't be used?So he wanted the one that grew up and worked? The original Indominus DNA.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:32 am

I don't think he actually had any Indominus embryos. The I-Rex is a mixture of many different dinosaurs, so he could theoretically recreate the Indominus with the embryos he brought. The bone is used because it'd be more practical to use. The same thing applies to Blue.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:35 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I don't think he actually had any Indominus embryos. The I-Rex is a mixture of many different dinosaurs, so he could theoretically recreate the Indominus with the embryos he brought. The bone is used because it'd be more practical to use. The same thing applies to Blue.

I highly doubt he wouldn't have backup embryos of Indominus. Creating such a hybrid is hard as hell, he wouldn't risk having to create it from 0.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I highly doubt he wouldn't have backup embryos of Indominus. Creating such a hybrid is hard as hell, he wouldn't risk having to create it from 0.
That's true, but embryos are also practically starting from 0 compared to an entire bone. So the point still applies.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks guys for the answers. Makes the whole scene more sensate. I think though that they should have explained that in the movie, but that's okay. The opening sequence itself was masterful.

Also, just realized Claire at the end of both films always comes with the idea of setting a dinosaur (or more than one) free.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 am

owenpratt wrote:
Thanks guys for the answers. Makes the whole scene more sensate. I think though that they should have explained that in the movie, but that's okay. The opening sequence itself was masterful.

Also, just realized Claire at the end of both films always comes with the idea of setting a dinosaur (or more than one) free.

There’s a great parallel I realized to JW. Remember when Owen is attacked by the Dimorphodon, and Claire grabs the rifle and shoots it? Thought the fact Owen and Maisie in trouble and Claire showing up with the rifle and attacking the Indoraptor was pretty nice, especially because it was one of the few bits of character development shown for Claire as a legitimately stronger person (since she was actually injured before that scene.)

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

There’s a great parallel I realized to JW. Remember when Owen is attacked by the Dimorphodon, and Claire grabs the rifle and shoots it? Thought the fact Owen and Maisie in trouble and Claire showing up with the rifle and attacking the Indoraptor was pretty nice, especially because it was one of the few bits of character development shown for Claire as a legitimately stronger person (since she was actually injured before that scene.)

Love that. Actually, I think there are a lot of callbacks to JW plot points during FK. Some scenes are identical but of course with different contexts. For example, Claire driving towards Owen's house in the middle of nowhere and then debating about their romantic life and then talking serious dino stuff, or the final scene of Owen and Blue splitting ways, even the ending shot resembles the JW ending scene but in a different context.

By the way, asking to the admins, shouldn't we open a whole new section of the forum called "Jurassic World 3 Talk/News" now? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:01 pm

In addition to callbacks to JW, I wonder if the ending is an homage to the original end of JP? At first, the two raptors were to be killed when the dino skeletons collapsed - one was going to die when it get caught in the fossil Rex's jaws.

How does the indoraptor die - by dinosaur skull. Could be coincidence, but still.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Robotpo wrote:
In addition to callbacks to JW, I wonder if the ending is an homage to the original end of JP? At first, the two raptors were to be killed when the dino skeletons collapsed - one was going to die when it get caught in the fossil Rex's jaws.

How does the indoraptor die - by dinosaur skull. Could be coincidence, but still.

I think this, too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next