Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 am

One thing to really appreciate about this trilogy is that it was thought from beginning to end since 2014. Of course some things might change throughout the years, but it's much different and better than making a movie, and then 4 years later thinking of how to continue the story, and then 4 years later thinking again of how continuing the story one other time.

Two of my friends who saw FK with me both asked me "Was this trilogy planned before the first film?" after Malcolm saying "Welcome to Jurassic WORLD". People notice if a sequel is made just for the sake of doing another sequel or if it's part of a bigger and well-thought picture.

That's also actually what I think made The Last Jedi so hated by some fans, because EpVII had lots of premises that were either forgotten or too drastically changed in EpVIII, because of Rian Johnson's vision being too different from Abrams'.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
This lady liked it quite a bit:

Grace Randolph isn't really liked by many people and has a bias against the MCU for being fired by Marvel. The fact that she liked the trainwreck known as Fant4stic is reason alone to be dubious of her reviews.

Spiegel wrote:
I disagree, the human clone thing really didnt have relevance to the plot. It may have relevance in the next film but we dont know that yet. It just doesnt really do anything outside of the mention and its potential use in the future.

The volcano just felt like a reason to rush the first part of the movie. "Hurry get the dinosaurs off the island, hurry get off the island now because its exploding." It was a pretty short part of the movie.

The auction just reminds me of trying to sell the idea to investors in previous films, just now its rich individuals with questionable intent.

I think the Rex in San Diego was important as it brought the existence of these creatures into the public eye, which was hidden behind settlements and NDAs previously. As for its comparison to the release of dinosaurs onto the mainland, we dont know how that will really end. Logically, aside from the Compys, the idea of roughly 20 dinosaurs getting loose is far from irreversible with deep meaning implications. If twenty tigers were suddenly freed, all female, in the United States would it be such an issue that it could never be resolved?

Also, yes, the underlying idea of creation, control, and corporate ambitions should remain the same, doesnt mean we have to take the same path to express it or show the point.

We can agree to disagree, it just find that my Fan Boy feelings are slowly being diminished by the most recent additions to the franchise.

I'm starting to feel this way myself. Ever since The Lost World, it just feels like this franchise has been doing things for the sake of it. JP3 as a whole, done for the sake of a JP trilogy. Even more so how they threw out the script and made it with one on the fly, which rarely works. JW, made for the sake of it finally getting made. The ending of JW:FK, made for the sake of mainland plot in the next movie.

??????

Don't you really want this franchise expanded, though? I thought you were dead keen on getting prequels, sequels, comics, cartoon series etc? What happened? haha

I do want this franchise expanded. But I want it in a way that doesn't feel...manufactured or in a way that makes people think that's it's more of the same. A better mix of old and new.

All stories are manufactured, though. Everything has cause and effect. The ending had to happen to lead onto JW3 just like Isla Sorna was invented in order to make a sequel. Or the storm in JP1 had to happen to isolate the park etc.

True, but it's shouldn't feel manufactured.

owenpratt wrote:
That's also actually what I think made The Last Jedi so hated by some fans, because EpVII had lots of premises that were either forgotten or too drastically changed in EpVIII, because of Rian Johnson's vision being too different from Abrams'.

It doesn't help that Johnson threw out Abrams' plans for the whole trilogy for his own ideas.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am

Wasn’t this thread for people posting their opinions of the movie. Let’s jump back on topic please. Keep Star Wars to it’s own thread and everyone let everyone have their own opinions.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

It doesn't help that Johnson threw out Abrams' plans for the whole trilogy for his own ideas.

Yeah, at least Jurassic World has one mastermind, Colin Trevorrow, whether one may like his vision or not.

EDIT:
Just saw your post now, TRK. I agree it's not a SW thread, but I'm using it just for comparison to talk about Jurassic. I personally think it fits with the topic (as far as it doesn't go off rails, of course).

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:56 am

Watched the movie about 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed it- much more than I expected Smile.

Even though i had some problems with it, i found it slightly better than JW and much better than JP3 honestly- heck, even the villains and the hacker guy, as cartoony as they were, didn't bother me as much as I expected after reading the negative reviews.

Also, I might be in the minority, but I honestly didn't mind the transition between the island and the mansion-it was mostly the fast pacing that was kind of annoying (I just wish we would spend more time on the island before it got burned ). I also hoped the Indoraptor would use more of the special abilities it supposedly has (and the red laserpoint thing was kind of stupid honestly), but I still loved how sleek and terrifying it looked.

Overall, I would rate it 8/10- I actually really liked the ending (even though i wish they chose a different locale than rural california lol), and it makes me interested to see where JW3 will go Smile.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Finally I was able to see it yesterday in one of German cinemas.

I have mixed feelings but mostly positive.

I loved the cinematography, opening sequence and tracking shot in drowning gyrosphere were awesome. Brachiosaur that was left behind brought tears to my eyes. Visual effects were very improved since the previous movie - animatronics blended really well with CGI. And with all the honesty - I liked the concepts Colin had for the story.

That being said - concepts and fanservice in this move ARE NOT translated into movie language very well. It saddens me to admit, that a lot of these concepts turned out to be wasted oportunities: Wheatley, Lockwood - so much more could be done with them. And don't let me even start with Wu and Malcolm. Paradoxically - lot is going on there, but apparently pivotal lore information such as for example status of Sorna etc is again only on viral websites and not in the movie.

Furthermore, scenes such as:
1. Malcolm having NO INTERACTIONS with main characters
2. Owen changing his attidue after just one clip on his laptop
3. No characterisation to Wheatley whatsoever. Is he a dentist?
4. Paralyzed Owen running from lava looks awkward. Also, volcanic ash would have killed him.
5. Lava melts dino bones, but not Baryonyx skin.
6. Why on earth Carnotaur decides to hunt Sinocaratops instead of running from volcano? And why Rexy battles him?
7. Mosasaur seems to survive in closed tank really well for 3 years. There is no mention, that Opening Sequence is taking place in the past.
8. Lockwood as a character could have been used to retcon past movies. Instead - his cloned daughter. When did he cloned her anyway?
9. When the mercenaries caught all the dinos? Island visit was really short.
10. Wheatley wants bonus for Blue, yet he leaves Zia to have surgery without any supervision
11. Zia and Franklin evaporate for 1/4 of the movie. Also - Zia role was announced as new lead. She had less screentime than Franklin.
12. Taking blood from Rexy played out for comedy. Really?
13. As for being empathic towards animals, main characters have nothing against literally use Stygimoloch.

Really make me think, that RT and MC scores are actually right.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:45 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:

I loved the cinematography, opening sequence and tracking shot in drowning gyrosphere were awesome. Brachiosaur that was left behind brought tears to my eyes. Visual effects were very improved since the previous movie - animatronics blended really well with CGI. And with all the honesty - I liked the concepts Colin had for the story.

That being said - concepts and fanservice in this move ARE NOT translated into movie language very well. It saddens me to admit, that a lot of these concepts turned out to be wasted oportunities: Wheatley, Lockwood - so much more could be done with them. And don't let me even start with Wu and Malcolm. Paradoxically - lot is going on there, but apparently pivotal lore information such as for example status of Sorna etc is again only on viral websites and not in the movie.

4. Paralyzed Owen running from lava looks awkward. Also, volcanic ash would have killed him.
6. Why on earth Carnotaur decides to hunt Sinocaratops instead of running from volcano? And why Rexy battles him?
7. Mosasaur seems to survive in closed tank really well for 3 years. There is no mention, that Opening Sequence is taking place in the past.
8. Lockwood as a character could have been used to retcon past movies. Instead - his cloned daughter. When did he cloned her anyway?
10. Wheatley wants bonus for Blue, yet he leaves Zia to have surgery without any supervision
11. Zia and Franklin evaporate for 1/4 of the movie. Also - Zia role was announced as new lead. She had less screentime than Franklin.
13. As for being empathic towards animals, main characters have nothing against literally use Stygimoloch.

The Cloned daughter thing messed me up. Hammond got mad enough about that to break off with Lockwood. That was over 20 years ago bc he died 20 years ago. Which means the real Maisie would have been mid thirties by now.

This Maisie 2.0 is 10 years old.

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 pm

If the Baryonyx in the film has crocodile DNA to cause skin toughness can that explain why lava couldn't kill it?

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
If the Baryonyx in the film has crocodile DNA to cause skin toughness can that explain why lava couldn't kill it?

We used frog DNA.

tongue

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

The Cloned daughter thing messed me up. Hammond got mad enough about that to break off with Lockwood. That was over 20 years ago bc he died 20 years ago. Which means the real Maisie would have been mid thirties by now.

This Maisie 2.0 is 10 years old.
Wellwithout jumping straight to plot hole, Im going to assume Lockwood wanted to Clone people but Hammond was against it. Or he tried and failed.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 pm

i guess i'll be the first one to be the odd man out. I did not enjoy this movie really at all.

Disclaimer: has nothing to do with the Dilo not being there. I knew it wasn't from early on.

The whole thing just fell flat for me. The pacing was so odd. The comedic relief was terrible and pratt and Claire seem like shadows of their former characters in JW. I never thought Owen was a good character at all but he was somehow worse here. And i think Claire regressed.

Everything in this movie felt.... cartoony almost. Like the acting was really forced and bad imo. Rafe and toby jones were absolutely terrible in their roles as was their characters(if you can even call them that). The lines had me cringing the whole way through and i thought Dr Wu felt like a different person in certain aspects. The backstory on everyone is pretty nonexistent.

The island stuff just goes at a breakneck speed and doesn't allow you anytime to really think about what is happening. Even the big set piece feels hollow when you compare a natural disaster to the Tsunami scene that happens in "the impossible". I really felt nothing.

The whole other half of the movie is slightly better but it still left a lot to be desired. Owen all the sudden fighting hand to hand felt like i was in a different universe. Like a mission impossible movie. The whole thing at the mansion to me felt like a big jumbled mess of ideas all spit out into a third act.

I can't believe i am saying this but this leaves my wishes for JW3 pretty much non existent. I 100% liked JW far more than this film. Fallen kingdom was the first time i really did not think i was watching a JP movie. Malcolm also went completely underutilized

The direction and cinematography, as well as the effects are spectacular. I think the writing is the real problem here. Maybe i will feel different in another viewing but i am giving this a 5/10.

If you watch the Chris stuckmann review it's basically everything i feel.

I can't believe i don't like this movie. WOW.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Just out of this movie from the theater, and I really enjoyed it! I won't go into details since I just posted the Mainframe review of the film, which can be found here.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 pm

I’m coming out feeling...odd. I think I liked it, but the pacing really threw me off. We were off the island before I ever really felt like we were there. The middle dragged quite a bit, but once we hit the auction it had me back. In fact as a huge horror fan, the last 30+ minutes were really great. Cinematography all around was good. Acting was ok. I think I’m going to need to see it again before I make a final judgement, but for now I’m feeling a 7/10.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 am

I think it's a 7.5/10 type of film but voted an 8 as it is closer to an 8/10 than 7/10 for me personally! Razz
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:04 am

IllOrfanato wrote:

1. I think we can't call that a flaw of the movie. More a flaw of the trailers that revealed us a cameo that should have been secret until release date. We can't really blame the film.

2. Not really, I think he's still reluctant but at the same time he feels like it's right to face his past and take his responsibilities. Also, the comedic line "If I'm not going back, remember that you made me come here" feels like he really doesn't want to be there. But at the same time he would feel sad (despite he couldn't admit it at first) if Blue died.

3. He had no depth (only curious thing we know about him is his hobby of collecting teeth) but I found him fun to watch.

4. Yes, that scene was awkward. First time I was cringing at that scene. But the 2nd and 3rd time I watched the movie I took it as a comedic moment by Pratt and enjoyed it a bit more.

5. True. I like to pretend Baryonyx has some kind of DNA that protects her skin lol

6. Carnotaurus attacks Sinoceratops in a moment of calm between the eruptions. About Rexy, yes, it was pretty random but at least it made for a cool-looking moment.

7. It is mentioned by Mills: "This bone, recovered from the Indominus skeleton much before the destruction of the island".

8. He clearly cloned her after Hammond's death, since she's like 10 years old. It's not like the creation of Maisie set them apart, but the discussion about it. Maisie was born after Hammond was already dead, so Lockwood had no opposition anymore, I think.

9. Wheatley says they already captured a lot of big herbivores before the arrival of Claire & co, since they are easy to find. Only strange thing is how they managed to capture the T-Rex during the stampede.

10. lol that's true

11. Another case of promotional campaign creating false expectations. Again, not 100% fault of the film.

12. I have no knowledge of whether is possible to get a dino blood and put into another dino blood, so that scene was just fun to me. But I can see why it might be unrealistic for someone.

13. But it was the only way to save all the other dinosaurs, so... Same can be said about Franklin and Claire trapping the Baryonyx in the sewer while the volcano was erupting. Saving the dinosaurs, yeah, as far as they don't eat you lol

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 am

Saw JW: Fallen Kingdom yesterday, I give it an 8 out of 10. I liked the fact that some new dinosaurs were introduced (Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Allosaurus, etc.) but I would have liked to see more of the Mosasaurus. It appears at the beginning of the movie and isn't seen again until the end.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am

So, about Wheatley's team capturing rexy:
I might be wrong on this so please correct me if I am, but didn't it take a while until owen, claire and franklin reached the shore? I just assumed that during this time rexy came ashore too (she was swimming with the rest of the dinosaurs, right?), and since she was weak and exhausted, Wheatley and his team took advantage of it and captured her.
Then again, I might be wrong and there really is a plothole, so I might just be pulling this lol.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 am

Dv-218 wrote:
I might be wrong on this so please correct me if I am, but didn't it take a while until owen, claire and franklin reached the shore? I just assumed that during this time rexy came ashore too (she was swimming with the rest of the dinosaurs, right?), and since she was weak and exhausted, Wheatley and his team took advantage of it and captured her.
Then again, I might be wrong and there really is a plothole, so I might just be pulling this lol.

Mmm, I think this actually makes sense. Good point!

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:09 am

Dv-218 wrote:

Was that rexy swimming in the background in the gyrsophere scene? I saw a dark theropod but thought it was an allosaurus or carnotaurus.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 am

I thought it was a carno at 1st, but the I noticed it was pretty damn big compared to the gyro..
Like i said, I might be wrong but it looked like like rexy to me..
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 am

8.5 out of 10.

I loved Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom practically on the same level I enjoyed The Lost World: Jurassic Park in '97.

The first part of the movie improves upon a lot of the weaker aspects of the fourth film without actually taking away anything from the fourth film. I feel that it is important to do that because it basically respects what came before in a lot of ways. I feel this is crucial to the eventual and overall success of the fifth film in the franchise. One thing I particularly enjoyed was the opening sequence because the tension, build up, and pay off was extremely fun and rewarding. The entire opening was basically something out of the first trilogy and even the novels. I'd rate this opening sequence we had among one of the best in the series of films. Especially considering the first film's opening with the Raptor being moved into the holding pen being the best one (to me) before this. From here the storyline progresses fast (maybe a bit too fast?) in setting up getting the resources together to the island. I admit I was hoping for a round-up sequence like TLW, but maybe it is/was for the better a bulk of the animals were captured off screen seeing how TLW showed us this back in '97. I was kind of curious how they rounded up some of the carnivores in particular.

I think the second half of the movie takes the concept from the Sayles script, at least the unpopular hybrid idea and the whole "taking place in some remote location with a castle". Take castle and replace it with mansion and take the homocraptors and replace it with Indoraptor. This would be where the unpopularity is, but at the same time this second half grounds it more in the Jurassic series. Not everybody will like this, but I think the grounding it in the mythos aspect is heavily important to the success of the movie and future of the series. The Sayles script was just tons of poor execution and a lack of awareness of the mythos of the franchise.

So that said, FK is trying to do something different, but it is also doing something good with that different. I think the loss of dinosaur life was probably one of the contention points in addition to the mansion sequence, but you know it's got to do something different to break new ground and take a different path. It's important to forge that new ground and I think the ending with Malcolm is actually reminiscent of the speeches and tirades he'd give in the novel regarding genetic power and bringing dinosaurs back. That said, I hope the ultimate fate of Sorna is revealed fully and not just relegated to viral media where it can easily be ignored. Sorna really should be in the next film instead of avoiding it, but overall if it clashes with the vision of this new trilogy then maybe it's better for an offhand mention of it no longer holding life on screen. A lot of fans though are and were still in love with there being an island out there where dinosaurs roamed free among the ruins of genetic facilities and other human structures. TLW has a strong hold on the fandom and that's not a bad thing.

Overall I loved FK. It has tension and atmosphere. It's poignant and emotional. I think it's a really awesome film and people's nostalgia goggles are ultimately interfering with their outlook of the movie as well as the dead period between these films and the first three where fans could plan out "their own ending" basically. If fans dropped their egregious sense of entitlement I think a lot more of the newer films coming out could and would be enjoyed, Fallen Kingdom especially.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Overall I loved FK. It has tension and atmosphere. It's poignant and emotional. I think it's a really awesome film and people's nostalgia goggles are ultimately interfering with their outlook of the movie as well as the dead period between these films and the first three where fans could plan out "their own ending" basically. If fans dropped their egregious sense of entitlement I think a lot more of the newer films coming out could and would be enjoyed, Fallen Kingdom especially.

This.

Honestly, am I the only one who thinks FK felt much more JP than JW did, despite the new and fresh direction it took?
I really liked JW, but it felt like it was constantly trying to be like JP in the atmosphere, often failing in that... while FK tries to be its own thing but feels very JP in a lot of scenes. Maybe it's the cinematography or the direction, I don't know. But when I hear "FK didn't really feel like a JP movie" I'm like "What".
Opinions, of course, but I'm really surprised to see some of those reactions.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:38 am

^I completely agree. Imho the opening sequence was the most JP thing I have seen from the recent movies, besides the visitor center ruins maybe.
Actually, I don't even mind the similarity to TLW- I liked how it slightly mirrored it, same way JW mirrored JP. And FK actually added more new stuff, so that's a + Smile
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 am

One thing that I expected to hear and wasn't there is a reprise of TLW Williams theme. But maybe it's better than it wasn't reprised, since people are already complaining about the FK similarities to TLW.

Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 am

Egregious sense of entitlement? What a silly and childish comment. You simply expect everyone to lower their standards to be blown away by mediocrity. The fact of the matter is that this movie has a terrible script, stupid dialogue, bad pacing and some lame acting. I will definitely not apologize for expecting more from a film of this series.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:26 am

Bionic wrote:
Egregious sense of entitlement? What a silly and childish comment. You simply expect everyone to lower their standards to be blown away by mediocrity. The fact of the matter is that this movie has a terrible script, stupid dialogue, bad pacing and some lame acting. I will definitely not apologize for expecting more from a film of this series.

I didn't find the script terrible, nor the dialogue stupid, I partially agree with the pacing, acting was really good, c'mon.

Also, it's not a matter of lowering quality standards, but a matter of realizing this is not Jurassic Park (1993), but JP5/JW2, so a different story, different directions, new twists (although of course also paying homage to what came before).

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:29 am

Btw guys the user poll is still looking very positive. 44 votes, the lowest score is still a 5 but most votes are in the 8-10 range.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am

Bionic wrote:

Silly and childish says the guy insulting the intelligence of people that like the film by suggesting they have low standards. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:

Silly and childish says the guy insulting the intelligence of people that like the film by suggesting they have low standards. Nice.

How is that ANY different than saying the people who didn't really enjoy it have an `egregious sense of entitlement`and need to take off their nostalgia goggles?? You seem to have a habit of contradicting yourself.
Nice try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next