Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:30 am

owenpratt wrote:
Bionic wrote:
Egregious sense of entitlement? What a silly and childish comment. You simply expect everyone to lower their standards to be blown away by mediocrity. The fact of the matter is that this movie has a terrible script, stupid dialogue, bad pacing and some lame acting. I will definitely not apologize for expecting more from a film of this series.

I didn't find the script terrible, nor the dialogue stupid, I partially agree with the pacing, acting was really good, c'mon.

Also, it's not a matter of lowering quality standards, but a matter of realizing this is not Jurassic Park (1993), but JP5/JW2, so a different story, different directions, new twists (although of course also paying homage to what came before).

The acting was really not that good. Bryce Dallas Howard was never the most gifted actress and Chris Pratt is just Chris Pratt, but even he didn't always look very motivated or like he was in real danger. The girl who played Zia, ugh just awful couldn't stand her ("I need to see this" exiting the vehicle not even knowing if there is a predator approaching or not) and Franklin was absolutely insufferable.
This has nothing to do with this entry not being JP but rather very weak execution resulting in a dissapointing film, as simple as that. Why is that so hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

Bionic wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:
Egregious sense of entitlement? What a silly and childish comment. You simply expect everyone to lower their standards to be blown away by mediocrity. The fact of the matter is that this movie has a terrible script, stupid dialogue, bad pacing and some lame acting. I will definitely not apologize for expecting more from a film of this series.

Silly and childish says the guy insulting the intelligence of people that like the film by suggesting they have low standards. Nice.

How is that ANY different than saying the people who didn't really enjoy it have an `egregious sense of entitlement`and need to take off their nostalgia goggles?? You seem to have a habit of contradicting yourself.
Nice try.

The nostalgia goggles comment was because you were criticising a moment in the film that was EXACTLY the same as the film you were defending. You say I'm contradicting myself, yet here you are contradicting yourself. ironic.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
So, about Wheatley's team capturing rexy:
I might be wrong on this so please correct me if I am, but didn't it take a while until owen, claire and franklin reached the shore? I just assumed that during this time rexy came ashore too (she was swimming with the rest of the dinosaurs, right?), and since she was weak and exhausted, Wheatley and his team took advantage of it and captured her.
Then again, I might be wrong and there really is a plothole, so I might just be pulling this lol.

Was that rexy swimming in the background in the gyrsophere scene? I saw a dark theropod but thought it was an allosaurus or carnotaurus.

I think you guys are right, I saw something HUGE swimming behind Owen and it was no herbivore.
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:

Silly and childish says the guy insulting the intelligence of people that like the film by suggesting they have low standards. Nice.

How is that ANY different than saying the people who didn't really enjoy it have an `egregious sense of entitlement`and need to take off their nostalgia goggles?? You seem to have a habit of contradicting yourself.
Nice try.

The nostalgia goggles comment was because you were criticising a moment in the film that was EXACTLY the same as the film you were defending. You say I'm contradicting myself, yet here you are contradicting yourself. ironic.  

It wasn't exactly the same and it wasn't also used twice in the same film. And it was just one out of many flaws I was pointing out. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am

Bionic wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Bionic wrote:

Nice try.

It wasn't exactly the same and it wasn't also used twice in the same film. And it was just one out of many flaws I was pointing out. Anything else?

Whatever you say
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 am

Bionic wrote:

The acting was really not that good. Bryce Dallas Howard was never the most gifted actress and Chris Pratt is just Chris Pratt, but even he didn't always look very motivated or like he was in real danger. The girl who played Zia, ugh just awful couldn't stand her ("I need to see this" exiting the vehicle not even knowing if there is a predator approaching or not) and Franklin was absolutely insufferable.

Damn, I think you should just chill before watching a movie lol no offense, everyone has opinions, but seems like you're really difficult to impress, and the most little thing can hurt your idea of a film.

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am

NERD FIGHT!!

Why cant we just have different opinions? If you want to roll in JWFK like a dog rolls on dead things because its the best ever, go for it.

If you didn't care for it, well continue not to.

Its not like your going change anyone's mind by posting on a forum.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 am

Spiegel wrote:
NERD FIGHT!!

Why cant we just have different opinions? If you want to roll in JWFK like a dog rolls on dead things because its the best ever, go for it.

Actually, I think it's nice to have conversations between two sides and one trying to explain the other why he/she likes/dislikes one thing.
The problem is to keep it civil and respectful.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Spiegel wrote:
NERD FIGHT!!

I AM NOT A COMPUTER NERD I PREFER TO BE CALLED A HACKER
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Spiegel wrote:
NERD FIGHT!!

Everybody has a different opinion and obviously there is nothing wrong with it. I could care less if somebody told me that JWFK was an average movie. Some might like a character, others do not. Others like the way to story developed, other do not. The thing I do cannot stand though is when people call the movie crap. I mean it is even objectively not possible for this movie to just plainly suck
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Amadieus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
NERD FIGHT!!

Everybody has a different opinion and obviously there is nothing wrong with it. I could care less if somebody told me that JWFK was an average movie. Some might like a character, others do not. Others like the way to story developed, other do not. The thing I do cannot stand though is when people call the movie crap. I mean it is even objectively not possible for this movie to just plainly suck

There's a trend of saying a movie "sucks" whenever a movie isn't very good. Just like saying "Best movie of all time" when a movie is really good.

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 pm

I give the movie a big fat YES/10

I really had fun watching it, and I'm seeing it two more times today. It definitely felt a little off, like I didn't really feel like I watched Jurassic Park V, but I still enjoyed it.

Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 pm

While i loved the movie, i understand not everyone does and that it has it's flaws. It's just that I think some of the criticism is highly exaggragated lol (worse than JP3? Not in 66 million years lmao).
But then again, like I said, it's just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
While i loved the movie, i understand not everyone does and that it has it's flaws. It's just that I think some of the criticism is highly exaggragated lol (worse than JP3? Not in 66 million years lmao).
But then again, like I said, it's just an opinion.

My exact feelings as well. It's right to not to like this film and see its flaws, but really some criticism sounds definitely exaggerated or nitpicky.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Maybe my problem with this movie is that it did feel very much like a bridge movie? Like nobody can deny this movie is built as a vehicle to get the animals off the island essentially lol. The auction and stuff is just a excuse to spread them over the world which is smart.

Maybe I’ll appreciate it better if JW3 really kicks ass.

Or perhaps I was too easy on the first movie and I’m really a JW hater? Lol

I will stand by one opinion I have though. I think this is easily the worst performance I have seen Rafe and Toby give in their careers. And I really like these two actors. Huge fan of them and I thought their characters were terrible. The writing was just so poor.

Also wtf happened to Iris???? Did I miss something
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Also wtf happened to Iris???? Did I miss something

She got fired by Mills and presumably left.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Océane wrote:
I give the movie a big fat YES/10

I really had fun watching it, and I'm seeing it two more times today. It definitely felt a little off, like I didn't really feel like I watched Jurassic Park V, but I still enjoyed it.

Yeeeeeee glad you enjoyed it!

Also, calm down guys. I agree that the dialogue is quite weak. Last movie I had a favorite line BY FAR, now in this one, can't find it.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Agreed, let's not get personal...remember, we're all here because we love Jurassic Park.

The real idiots are those people who think dinosaurs are "gay". I say we find them and spank them all.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Agreed, let's not get personal...remember, we're all here because we love Jurassic Park.

The real idiots are those people who think dinosaurs are "gay". I say we find them and spank them all.

WTF? Who thinks that? Shocked

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:25 pm

I was being facetious regarding people who don't like dinosaurs or JP, (especially for stupid reasons, like they're childish ETC). As if superheroes aren't...at least paleontology is an actual science.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Robotpo wrote:

The dinos or the humans to be spanked? Razz
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Both. Cool
Back to top Go down
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantKing4Ever

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Finally saw the movie. Enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 pm

it now has a lower score than JP3, lol
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Wasn't JP3 at 33% a few years ago? How in the world did that movie jump that high when it crippled the franchise for over 10 years?!

scratch  scratch  scratch

Robotpo wrote:

Can't we just burn them for heresy like our Middle Age ancestors did in the good ol' days? Razz

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Wasn't JP3 at 33% a few years ago? How in the world did that movie jump that high when it crippled the franchise for over 10 years?!

Robotpo wrote:

Can't we just burn them for heresy like our Middle Age ancestors did in the good ol' days? Razz

I have no idea, it's at 50% right now. The UK must have been really lenient compared to the USA, the reviews have nosedived. I wonder if this will affect the box office, or if this'll affect the production of the third JW movie? Like, if the reviews get so bad, will they get somebody else to make it?

Although every review that has been majorly negative had points I agree with, I still can't believe this is being received worse than JP3, holy shit. 2 weeks ago this movie was a positively received film and was being called the best sequel. Now it's very negative and being called the worst sequel. This really seems to be the most divided sequel in the franchise!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm

I won't be surprised if its outscored by JP3 or ends up even or close to it.

It's not that it was horrible but I dont think it was great. It just really missed a lot of marks that it should have and could have hit.

For example, Spinosaurus, it was new and we got to see it a lot. The same could be said for the remodeled Raptors. Here we got to see more dinosaurs than any other film. Yet, we didn't really see anything that interesting. I couldn't wait to see Carnotaurus but it was very brief each time and didnt present anything new. Instead, I saw that it would try to eat a human or a Sinoceratops, so it likes to bite things just like all the dinosaurs before. A brief glimpse of an Allosaurus here and there as well. The dinosaurs just took such a back seat to the hybrids in the last two movies.

Also, they've shifted from making memorable characters to making memorable dinosaur characters. I've always loved the dinosaurs for not really being a hero or vilan but now we have good guy and bad guy dinosaurs. They even seem to take on human traits.

Then there are things like Blue being changed immensely. The Raptors in JW were somewhat trained but still a threat to even their own handlers. Blue turned her back on Owen with a few short growls from the Indominus but in this film she's his closest companion ever. She even seems to be even more skilled in fighting bad guys and jumping away from explosions in the nick of time.

Heck, even Rexy went from a powerful force of nature that could work for you or against you, to simply a random hero that shows up to kill bad guys at the exact right moment.

It's not that it's a horrible movie but the awe and wonder are gone. The threat doesn't feel as natural, the dinosaurs seem more like characters than they do animals in the wild. It's just more of a mass appeal popcorn action flick than what Jurassic Park started off as.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Robotpo wrote:

I have no idea, it's at 50% right now. The UK must have been really lenient compared to the USA, the reviews have nosedived. I wonder if this will affect the box office, or if this'll affect the production of the third JW movie? Like, if the reviews get so bad, will they get somebody else to make it?

Although every review that has been majorly negative had points I agree with, I still can't believe this is being received worse than JP3, holy shit. 2 weeks ago this movie was a positively received film and was being called the best sequel. Now it's very negative and being called the worst sequel. This really seems to be the most divided sequel in the franchise!

I can't believe I think it's worse than JW and 3. Easily.

I feel like I watched a resident evil film kinda. I just don't think this franchise is for me anymore. I'll stick around for the community but I don’t really have any expectations from here on.

In regards to someone else making it I think it's too late and other doesn't really matter for the studio or the story. Although id love it to change.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Finally saw it. Gave it a 7/10. I enjoyed it for the ideas and moral dilemmas it presented, but don't think they were executed nearly as well as they could have been. I think JW was a more competently made film overall, but I liked the ideas this film presented better.

First half was definitely better than the second half.

I think I need to see it again before I make my final verdict.

My rankings as of right now

JP- 10/10
JW- 8/10
TLW- 7.5/10
FK- 7/10
JP3- 5/10

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 pm

I just saw it and I have to give it an 8/10. IDK where I'd put it on the list of the franchise as a whole, but I really did like it. At the same time though, I understand why the reactions have been very mixed.

I'll just list the pros and cons I have.

Pros:
- Cinematography and Score are great. There are some really cool shots in the film, something that was really apparent in the first two films and lacking in the other two.
- Special effects are top-notch. The blend of CGI and animatronics in this film are great and seamless. I've only seen it once so far but I can't think of any moment where a special effects failure took me out of it, something that, honestly, every previous film in the series has done at least once.
- Suspense and tension; while it isn't at all accurate to describe this as a horror film, it certainly has some moments, especially in the opening sequence (which I'll just say now is my favorite in the series so far) and the Indoraptor scenes. A welcome change since the previous two films again were really lacking in this area.
- Maisie is the best child character we've had so far, simply because they let her be a child (kinda ironic considering the twist Razz). There's no scenes where she's played up as a little hero to connect with child audiences, no scenes of her doing outrageous things while adult characters get slaughtered trying to do the same, she's there to be a scared child and she does it believably. Also, the twist was pretty cool, although I'm curious (and a bit concerned) for what this means for the series' future.
- Claire's development is pretty cool, she was a corporate type in the previous film doing what her bosses asked for, now she's risking her life standing up for what she believes is right. I also really liked Mills as a villain,he's easily the most despicable villain the series has had thus far (pretty sure he's the first character to directly kill another person in the movies) and I liked Rafe Spall's portrayal of him, especially in the scene where he highlights Owen and Claire's hypocrisy. Previous films with a central villain fell flat on this aspect by making villains one-dimensional bad guys and making protagonists designated heroes.
- Good use of herbivores in action scenes. Previous films had a habit of making them background filler for the most part.
- In general, I liked the story direction and the fact that the ending opens up all new avenues for the series.

Cons:

- Owen. I like how they expanded his relationship with Blue, but other than that he's largely the same person he was in JW, generic badass dude played by Chris Pratt. Honestly, he might be even worse here because at least he had some funny or insightful moments/dialogue in JW, here not so much.
- Zia and Franklin. They had some good moments but other than that, they were pretty forgettable characters IMO. Probably because they disappear for a good chunk of the movie and then reappear again right towards the end. Franklin in particular had cringey dialogue at times.
- Wheatley and Lockwood both felt like wasted potential. Wheatley had some moments that make you think he's a scumbag, but I was hoping for a little more characterization. He's basically a less memorable Dieter Stark, especially because like Dieter, the best thing about him is his actor and his death scene. Lockwood started off really interesting like Masrani in JW, but like Masrani I felt he was killed off way too soon. Which leads to my next complaint.
- Like JW and JP///, the pacing was too fast. The time spent on the island was a lot shorter than I expected, and I'm surprised this movie is 2 hours and 10 minutes long, cause it really doesn't feel like it. Though, maybe that's a good thing, since time flies when you're having fun. Smile
- Not a personal con, but the motivation of Claire and the DPG didn't seem to resonate with a lot of people, which I suspect is large reason for the mixed reactions. Even myself and others in the theater groaned when Claire seriously considered letting the dinosaurs loose on the mainland. Speaking of that, why didn't Zia and Franklin even try to stop Maisie from pressing the button?

Some minor nitpicks:
-Rexy roaring at the lion and Mosa eating a surfer were just part of a montage at the end. What we saw of those scenes in the trailers/commercials is exactly all there was in the film itself. Although these open up some awesome spinoff ideas. Jaws 5: The Mosa? Very Happy
- Malcolm's cameo was cool (although the movie could've worked without it) but I'm a little peeved that characters like Grant, Sattler, Barry, Lowery, and Vivian were not even so much as mentioned in this movie. Especially Barry because Colin made it seem like he'd be a part of the whole new trilogy. I hope he's in the next film because that could make for some overdue character development for Owen.

Overall, what I can say is that Fallen Kingdom is a film that really worked for me, but I understand if it didn't work for others, especially those who aren't fans of mainland plots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next