Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:29 pm

owenpratt wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Thanks guys for the answers. Makes the whole scene more sensate. I think though that they should have explained that in the movie, but that's okay. The opening sequence itself was masterful.

Also, just realized Claire at the end of both films always comes with the idea of setting a dinosaur (or more than one) free.

There’s a great parallel I realized to JW. Remember when Owen is attacked by the Dimorphodon, and Claire grabs the rifle and shoots it? Thought the fact Owen and Maisie in trouble and Claire showing up with the rifle and attacking the Indoraptor was pretty nice, especially because it was one of the few bits of character development shown for Claire as a legitimately stronger person (since she was actually injured before that scene.)

Love that. Actually, I think there are a lot of callbacks to JW plot points during FK. Some scenes are identical but of course with different contexts. For example, Claire driving towards Owen's house in the middle of nowhere and then debating about their romantic life and then talking serious dino stuff, or the final scene of Owen and Blue splitting ways, even the ending shot resembles the JW ending scene but in a different context.

By the way, asking to the admins, shouldn't we open a whole new section of the forum called "Jurassic World 3 Talk/News" now? Very Happy

We’re going to wait a week or so and let things settle, then make one dedicated section to just discuss the new film, and also open a new/speculation section for JW3.

I saw the film again today and still enjoyed it quite a bit. The pacing felt a little better this time since I knew what I was expecting, but I still feel like boat and auction set up stuff drags just a little too much in places. I’m probably leaving my score at 7/10, above average but not my favorite sequel, still really enjoyable.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:

We’re going to wait a week or so and let things settle, then make one dedicated section to just discuss the new film, and also open a new/speculation section for JW3.

Yes! Very nice Very Happy We will have 3 long years to discuss about it ahah

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 pm

So... Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

It was terrifying, dont take the kids! This is the first Jurassic I'd definitely say is iffy for under 13. The little girl next to me was around Masie's age, about 9 or 10. She was buried in her mom's chest the entire time with the indoraptor. TBH. I was buried in my seat sometimes. And I LOVE my scary movies.

I honestly think its better than JW in every way. It surpasses JW as my third favorite. It improves on a lot of areas I thought JW lacked in including tension, visuals, and sound design. I even thought that the dialogue was better written.

I'll have a more in depth, NON-SPOILER review here tomorrow when the next episode of The Lost World Minute goes live.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:49 pm

I loved JW:FK.
For starters, it was a brilliantly directed movie. J.A Bayona was a great choice I think, as he was able to embellish some truly heart-pounding horror-esc scenes into this movie. The movie had a darker tone than its predecessors, something I was greatly anticipating. I haven't been this scared since JP3!
The opening scene is a true masterpiece. That alone would be a great short film. The tension builds and builds and then explodes in brilliant tyrannical glory (literally!)
I also really enjoyed the characters - for the most part. The main cast, Owen, Claire, Mills, Masie, Wheatley, are all fantastic and well acted. But some of the supporting characters, mainly Zia, got on my nerves a little bit. Not trying to be sexist here, but Zia just didn't work for me. For one, can you recall a single instance in this movie when she DIDN'T seem calm and calculated? Not even when a bunch of angry hunters shoved guns in her faces. Sorry, I have a hard time relating to characters who don't show basic human emotion.
Granted, they did have that scene where she teared up when she first saw the Brachiosaurus. So there was some emotion.
Speaking of Brachiosaurus... What a terrific and heartbreaking sendoff to one of the most, if not the most, beloved dinosaur in the Jurassic franchise. While I didn't burst into tears, I was deeply moved and saddened, and even a little disturbed, by this scene. It was truly heartbreaking.
I think the Indoraptor was utilized very well. I think there's just enough distinction between it and the Indominus that people won't get the two confused. Once again, Bayona's skill as a horror director shows through in the scenes involving the I.Raptor. From reaching through the bars to grab an unsuspecting Masie, to literally biting a man's arm clean off, this genetic monstrosity is sure to stick with you long after the credits roll.
Overall, I loved JW:FK. While it would have been nice to have one or two more conversations about do the dinosaurs have rights, and I sure would have appreciated having Malcolm more involved in the story, my final consensus is that JW:FK is a worthy and highly enjoyable extension to the Jurassic Park mythos.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:08 pm

I enjoyed it a lot. Better film than JW IMO.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

Ahh, finally some reviews I agree with lol

I was so happy as soon as I left the theater. I was even happier the 2nd and 3rd time I saw it.

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:07 am

owenpratt wrote:
Ahh, finally some reviews I agree with lol

I was so happy as soon as I left the theater. I was even happier the 2nd and 3rd time I saw it.

Same here! Watched it 3 times so far and left the theatre really happy every time!
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:34 pm

It's just a really fun enjoyable movie. And it FELT like a Jurassic movie. I've seen it said on other threads that JW didn't 'feel' like a Jurassic Park movie, and I have to agree. This, on the other hand, just clicked for some reason. Especially the stuff on the island. And Ted Levine's character. But even the stuff on the mainland as well. It was very reminiscent of JP and TLW. Couldn't be happier with it.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:49 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
It's just a really fun enjoyable movie. And it FELT like a Jurassic movie. I've seen it said on other threads that JW didn't 'feel' like a Jurassic Park movie, and I have to agree. This, on the other hand, just clicked for some reason. Especially the stuff on the island. And Ted Levine's character. But even the stuff on the mainland as well. It was very reminiscent of JP and TLW. Couldn't be happier with it.

See, I felt the opposite. Can you expand on what your idea of a Jurassic Park movie feels like and how JW:FK?

I'm honestly asking out of curiosity as I feel so far the opposite. In fact, i might start a thread about this.

Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:54 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:

I'm kind of torn on this issue. What made it (sort of) feel like a JP movie for me was the beginning (which was spectacular), the indoraptor in the mansion and maybe Lockwood's scenes. On the other hand JW had the "awe and wonder" (I know it's a cliche) I feel I need in a JP movie, at least to some extent it did. We've yet to get a a sequel like TLW, which actually managed to feel like Jurassic Park despite having a very different tone.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:04 pm

If I'm gonna be honest... I think it was the heart. The passion put into it. Everyone seemed like they were having more fun, the writers, the actors, the director. It was just so... alive, I guess...

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Lost wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

I'm kind of torn on this issue. What made it (sort of) feel like a JP movie for me was the beginning (which was spectacular), the indoraptor in the mansion and maybe Lockwood's scenes. On the other hand JW had the "awe and wonder" (I know it's a cliche) I feel I need in a JP movie, at least to some extent it did. We've yet to get a a sequel like TLW, which actually managed to feel like Jurassic Park despite having a very different tone.
Its gotta be because of the time it was made and because of speilberg. To me this film felt so jurassic, especially in the opening and in lockwoods mansion
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:19 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:

FK honestly felt more like a JP film than both JP3 and JW to me, so agreed there.

JP3 had Grant and a bit of Ellie, and a couple "awe & wonder" scenes, but no real story and no science.

JW had "awe & wonder" and some science, but too much millennial/hipster humor and generally felt kind-of soulless and lacking in atmosphere to me.

JW:FK had a real story, a little science, a little "awe & wonder", and some of the Spielbergian danger and adventure ALA TLW, plus some great atmosphere...so, IMO it felt the most "JP" out of the last three JP movies.It's also the only one out of the part three that feels like it as its own unique identity to me, which I think certainly comes partially from Bayona.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

FK felt very Jurassic to me too, much more so than JW. Some of the things that made if feel Jurassic to me:

-The opening scene was pure Jurassic/Spiebergian greatness.

-The strategic use of John Williams original music, such as that four-note theme from JP that was used at several important moments (John Hammond's portrait reveal, Claire's decision) throughout the film really gave me that Jurassic atmosphere.

-The cliff stampede/underwater gyrosphere sequence was an epic dinosaur scene followed by a tension-filled vehicle sequence, like the T-Rex/Jeep scene in JP and the T-Rex/caravan/cliff scene in TLW.

-The trip to Nublar felt like a classic Jurassic adventure like TLW.

-The brachiosaurus death mirrored the first time we ever saw it and that just made it all the more emotional.

-Although limited, the use of animatronics was great and effective.

-The scenes of the indoraptor stalking Claire, Maisie and Owen were tension-filled felt very much like the raptor-stalking scenes from JP.

-The dinosaurs had many little details that made them feel like the JP dinosaurs that we know and love. Little things like Blue snarling at Owen after he throws something at him, the brachiosaurus looking and sounding exactly like it did in JP, the compies had all the mischievous character that they had in TLW, and Rexy looked and acted more like her JP self.

-Malcolm and Wu's scenes, although brief, further connect this trilogy to the old one.

-Lockwood felt very Hammond-esque.

To me, Fallen Kingdom feels much more Jurassic than Jurassic World on a deeper level, whereas Jurassic World feels more Jurassic on a superficial level e.g. the theme park aspects.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
To me, Fallen Kingdom feels much more Jurassic than Jurassic World on a deeper level, whereas Jurassic World feels more Jurassic on a superficial level e.g. the theme park aspects.

^^ This.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 pm

My extended thoughts are the intro here Minute 109 of The Lost World Minute:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
FK felt very Jurassic to me too, much more so than JW. Some of the things that made if feel Jurassic to me:

-The opening scene was pure Jurassic/Spiebergian greatness.

-The strategic use of John Williams original music, such as that four-note theme from JP that was used at several important moments (John Hammond's portrait reveal, Claire's decision) throughout the film really gave me that Jurassic atmosphere.

-The cliff stampede/underwater gyrosphere sequence was an epic dinosaur scene followed by a tension-filled vehicle sequence, like the T-Rex/Jeep scene in JP and the T-Rex/caravan/cliff scene in TLW.

-The trip to Nublar felt like a classic Jurassic adventure like TLW.

-The brachiosaurus death mirrored the first time we ever saw it and that just made it all the more emotional.

-Although limited, the use of animatronics was great and effective.

-The scenes of the indoraptor stalking Claire, Maisie and Owen were tension-filled felt very much like the raptor-stalking scenes from JP.

-The dinosaurs had many little details that made them feel like the JP dinosaurs that we know and love. Little things like Blue snarling at Owen after he throws something at him, the brachiosaurus looking and sounding exactly like it did in JP, the compies had all the mischievous character that they had in TLW, and Rexy looked and acted more like her JP self.

-Malcolm and Wu's scenes, although brief, further connect this trilogy to the old one.

-Lockwood felt very Hammond-esque.

I agree 100% with you on everything.

JW (that I loved btw) felt like constantly trying to say "Look, I'm like JP!" but felt that way only on a superficial level like you said. FK did more like its own thing, and yet it felt very JP in many scenes.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:32 am

I'm currently doing a rewatch of the original trilogy and JW, and after watching TLW I realised something cool. If we include FK's post-credits scene, every movie in the franchise has pterosaurs in the final shot, except JP of course which has pelicans instead.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:03 pm

So much more enjoyable than Jurassic World, and gives TLW a run for it's money. Ranks above TLW but below 1993.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:

I can definitely see this point. And I just want to take the opportunity to say that even though I've criticize a few things about FK, I appreciate that it took a darker route than JW, more reminiscent of TLW, and even added some great horror aspects. The problems I have with it have to do with the script, particularly the middle part.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:45 pm

How could someone on this forum give it 1/10? Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:18 pm

^^ That was the president and only member of the Rafe Spall Fan Club...he didn't appreciate Rafe's character being eaten.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh man, never in a Jurassic film did I ever want a human to get eaten more till mills showed up. His death was so satisfying
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 2:43 am

Robotpo wrote:
^^ That was the president and only member of the Rafe Spall Fan Club...he didn't appreciate Rafe's character being eaten.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 am

Probably the most statisfying death of a villain since Peter Ludlow Very Happy I geniunly had a "oh s**t" when rexy appeared out of nowhere to eat Mills, and some in tha audience had the same reaction, coupled wih some laughing.
Also, you could argue that rexy and the carnotaurus ARE Rafe Spall's biggest fans: they both badly wanted a piece of him lol.
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:57 am

Such a disappointment. Dialogue was awful and so cringeworthy in parts, characters had no arcs or any development, everything in the film feels like it happened out of convenience and stupidity, nothing flowed naturally. Direction wise it is a nice looking movie with some great camera angles and shots, but it feels in service of nothing. So many ‘why’ questions with this film.

Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
I'm currently doing a rewatch of the original trilogy and JW, and after watching TLW I realised something cool. If we include FK's post-credits scene, every movie in the franchise has pterosaurs in the final shot, except JP of course which has pelicans instead.

Haha, very interesting.

Robotpo wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 am

In JP, Rexy sneaks unnoticed to a building, takes down the villainous dinosaurs, and inadvertently saves the human characters in the process. Almost everyone lets her get away with this, basically because it provides an iconic imagery and a cool climax. Fast forward to FK, and a lot of people are getting tired of her doing this every time she appears. Besides the opening scene, that's mostly what she does, and it's gotten repetitive to a lot of people.

I actually agree with the people who criticize this aspect. Dinosaurs should act more like animals and less like set pieces, which is a flaw in FK that I hope gets fixed in JW3. On the other hand, for the same reason we let Rexy get away with the climax of JP, I find myself defending the Stygimoloch prison break & auction rampage scenes. The imagery of a small herbivore throwing dozens of people in the air is something I loved, haven't seen before in JP and actually doesn't feel out of place IMO. Similarly, I also defend things like Owen fighting a bunch of nameless goons.

At the end of the day, while scenes like those do provide us with unique imagery and settings, it's best that a JP movie features animals that act like animals and don't have an action scene that might feel generic. I don't really know where I'm going with this ramble, so I'll end it here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Saw FK again today for my second time and I still feel pretty strongly about it, and I was also to resolve my issues with it altogether. So still 8.5 out of 10. It's tied with TLW for my favorite sequel. Really enjoyed the call backs this time too from the Rex's pose at the end to the whole Maisie struggling with the dumb waiter door like Lex did in the kitchen in JP. Also the claw tapping too. The Brachiosaurus scene still is a bunch of sad though, but I didn't get choked up too badly this time. Poor brachiosaur. Sad

Outside, there's definitely a lot more heart in this film I feel. I'm still excited to see it once more, but with my dad this time for a future as yet to be decided showing.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
GeekyAustin
Embryo
Embryo
GeekyAustin

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Since I first saw the trailers, I've been wanting to review Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and share it online, not exclusively here but on my blog and other websites. But truth be told, the mixed reaction and often excessively negative ones do make me not want to review it. Its stifling, and when you're being mocked, belittled or condescended for sharing your opinion it takes the fun out of it.

Hey, don't let anyone's opinions affect your interests in sharing your thoughts. If you ended up liking it, then tells us/others why. It's your opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next