Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Ahhh now you guys want to see exotic dinos.  Twisted Evil

I was asking for Deinocheirus and Therizino, but we won't get in in JW2. We can dream for JW3, right?

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Still waiting on that Therizinosaurus though.

Seeing a JP take on this would be pretty lit.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Latest?cb=20151130183219

That would be cool to see. Personally, I'd like to see Deinocheirus. An ornithomimid that was the size of Tarbosaurus, had the arms of Therizinosaurus, the skull that looks like a cross between a hadrosaur and a Gallimimus, and the hump of a bison, and was an omnivore.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Deinocheirus_mirificus_by_robertfabiani-d94hcjl

Hells yes!!

While I'm stoked about Stygimiloch, whatever role it has in the film will likely be something they could have had a pachy doing and the film would be pretty much the same, but something like a Deino or Theri would be so off the wall and so different that it would open up tons of new possibilities in terms of setpieces. That's what I love about the idea.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Stop making me dream.  Sad

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Still waiting on that Therizinosaurus though.

Seeing a JP take on this would be pretty lit.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Latest?cb=20151130183219

That would be cool to see. Personally, I'd like to see Deinocheirus. An ornithomimid that was the size of Tarbosaurus, had the arms of Therizinosaurus, the skull that looks like a cross between a hadrosaur and a Gallimimus, and the hump of a bison, and was an omnivore.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Deinocheirus_mirificus_by_robertfabiani-d94hcjl

Hells yes!!

While I'm stoked about Stygimiloch, whatever role it has in the film will likely be something they could have had a pachy doing and the film would be pretty much the same, but something like a Deino or Theri would be so off the wall and so different that it would open up tons of new possibilities in terms of setpieces. That's what I love about the idea.

I'd like to see either a Ceratosaurus or Allosaurus chase a Gallimimus herd only to encounter a smaller group of Deinocheirus but when it tries to attack them, the alpha male smacks it with its hands, knock out some teeth and scars the left side of its face, causing the predator to flee in defeat and shame.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:33 am

The usual sources on Instagram are claiming this is real and was sent to them from same sources. They said it was unfinished apparently. Not sure if I buy it but it could be real and an unfinished one. Idk. My knee jerk reaction was fake... but I thought I'd share as it's actually a pretty impressive troll/fake.

http://m.imgur.com/yyQIKCb
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 1:03 am

Troyal1 wrote:
The usual sources on Instagram are claiming this is real and was sent to them from same sources. They said it was unfinished apparently. Not sure if I buy it but it could be real and an unfinished one. Idk. My knee jerk reaction was fake... but I thought I'd share as it's actually a pretty impressive troll/fake.

http://m.imgur.com/yyQIKCb
They managed to get a good replica of both the Stegosaurus and the truck if it's fake.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 1:18 am

The chrislikesdinos guy seems to be firmly in the real camp. I'm starting to think someone on set leaked this. He also brought up a good point that some of these models may be made to be seen at night or from afar... so less detail.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

To be honest I don't care about the leaks. The more I know before the movie, the better.

I went to see JW knowing 95% of what would happen and I still loved it. I love spoilers.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Another BIG spoiler for an Animal! 

http://m.imgur.com/mA0ZED1
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Slight alteration of the main logo posted my the official JW Twitter page, then quickly deleted....

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/859152419174862848

I like it better than the chrome or the blue.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:13 pm

JP3 still has the only sequel logo with some creativity
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:15 pm

I guess we know what the new font and format of the sequel's logo will probably be, gone is the blue and now we have a darker more silvery grey one. My suspicion is that the "Jurassic World" title will remain, and the sequel title will be the subtitle. Sort of an inversion of The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:16 pm

The Lost Park: Jurassic World has been joked about for years now
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I guess we know what the new font and format of the sequel's logo will probably be, gone is the blue and now we have a darker more silvery grey one. My suspicion is that the "Jurassic World" title will remain, and the sequel title will be the subtitle. Sort of an inversion of The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

Hopefully the look of the logo is somewhat representative of what the actual film will be like, which would sort of make sense I suppose. The glossy chrome and blue logo's we're somewhat representative of JW's somewhat glossy, manufactured feel.

As far as the title goes, is it possible that they haven't yet decided on one?

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Mistral wrote:
JP3 still has the only sequel logo with some creativity

And it got hated like hell. No wonder why the franchise doesn't change.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Slight alteration of the main logo posted my the official JW Twitter page, then quickly deleted....

Wasn't that version also used in JW?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Holy hell I actually dig it
Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:52 pm

I like the overall feel of the logo but the T. rex skeleton looks a little too thick.

Also the new picture of the stygi looks a lot better than the one from earlier!
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:50 am

Random thoughts:
- I hope we don't just get a big burst of animatronics with the herbivores in cages and then nothing for the rest of the movie.
- I like the new Stegosaurus design more than the old one. I appreciate the added color and rougher skin. Also neat to see its shoulders hunched up. I don't believe we've seen that from Jurassic Park.
- I'm wondering if we'll see baby dinosaurs at all. Hard to believe they were all just gobbled up by the piscivores before the adults in Gyrosphere Valley could find them.
- Between the ankylosaurus and stygimoloch, it's interesting to see practical effects used to convey solid, bony parts rather than just skin.
- Where is Parasauralophus? Or at least confirmation of it existing in the movie? I highly doubt Rexy ate them all given that they were thriving in The Lost World.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:31 am

Warning: Potential Plot Details of Jurassic World 2 Leaked
The Daily Mail has exclusively received (potentially) major plot details of JW2.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:26 am

I'm not gonna believe that for one second until there's some evidence. I could see Blue returning, but all the military vehicles have been associated with a wide range of dinosaurs, not just Blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Hope they don't go back just because of Blue...Ugh.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:26 pm

In all honesty... I'm not against bringing back Blue, but I would really want them to start treating her relationship with Owen and the rest of her species more seriously.

As for the rest of that supposed plot line, I'm still skeptical and highly wary of that. If by some fine line of possibility that is a part of the plot, then that's highly confidential info that someone supposedly "on the production" let out to a public reporter. People in the industry lose jobs over that. If this had been a Reddit leak and a serious hush-hush matter, then I might treat it with more credence.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
The Daily Mail has exclusively received (potentially) major plot details of JW2.
Spoiler:

Eww.

While I'm not against the idea of seeing Blue again, the idea of going back to Nublar just for a single raptor seems pretty far fetched.

The less said about the "plot" the better. Why take the most universally despised plot point from JW (weaponized dinos) and expand on it, when they are so many more interesting routes they could take?

Hope to God this is fake. If it isn't, then my hopes and expectation for this film just took a nosedive.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Because it - weaponized dinosaurs - is the only truly new idea they've ever had since JP4 entered development hell?

Too bad it's also a terrible idea on top of that.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Mistral wrote:
Because it - weaponized dinosaurs - is the only truly new idea they've ever had since JP4 entered development hell?

Too bad that on top of that it's also terrible idea.

Agreed on that front as well. Which is exactly why I am not prepared to believe second hand sources that aren't the director, writers, producers, cast etc. before seeing the film for myself. To say that it doesn't fit Bayona's style would be a colossal understatement.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Mistral wrote:

Too bad that on top of that it's also terrible idea.

Outsourcing.

A potential plot that was brought up in JW, discussed by Trevorrow himself, and isn't universally despised.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm

If they were to get Blue, then the best way how it would make sense is if she has brothers/sisters on another island that were secretly put there by Owen and Barry instead of being killed off.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
http://jurassicoutpost.com/james-cromwell-shares-playing-benjamin-lockwood-connection-john-hammond-jurassic-world-2/
Me thinks a Norman Atherton parallel?

evolution_rex wrote:
hell ya. Hopefully he won't phone it in like he did in ID4 2.
Goldblum is gonna be in JW2
Yes! Yes! Very Happy I had hoped one of the original cast would have cameoed in JW, denouncing the park as doomed to fail, this is great news! Any amount of Malcolm is a good amount in my book. Very Happy

Mistral wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
You mean this ocean liner sized Mosasaurus?

That is to say, 60-80 feet long, compared to a 50 ft long Indominus Rex. Huge? Absolutely. But not exactly Titanic sized.
It looks like humongous ocean liner when at the exhibition, you know something 19th century scientists would imagine, but magically transforms smaller later on?
It really doesn't look like an ocean liner at the exhibition. The size of the Mosasaurus between that scene and the finale looks basically the same.

Not to me

Anyway

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Tumblr_inline_nfzi0jCx7I1r9lwfp
To be fair, this graphic assumes the shark is fully grown.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one hyped with the Stygi thing... Sad

No one likes exotic dinos.
I like exotic dinos.

Gondrasia wrote:
Spoiler:

This comes to no surprise to me. I've been saying Jurassic War would be a thing since the end of the last film. I still think revolving the plot around Blue is insipidly stupid. It's so... predictable, and treats these dinosaurs like they're human-like characters.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 13 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next