Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:22 am

The title says it all.

Jesse Ventura's defamation lawsuit has been thrown out by an appeals court, which said it it had no legal basis.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/32212198/jesse-venturas-18m-defamation-award-overturned

It really makes you wonder how the jury for the first trail was dumb enough to side with Jesse in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 pm

I don't think we're allowed to get political on this forum, so there's not much we can say in this thread.  It'd be best to just close it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:09 pm

You can probably give your opinion on something as long as it doesnt get way too out of hand like it sometimes did on JPL.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:08 pm

We mods have talked about it, and a News thread is perfectly fine, just no political discussion. There's plenty of good and bad non-political news out there.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 pm

The Suicide Squad tracklist has been announced, and it's a lot of hip hop:
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/twenty_one_pilots_panic_at_the_disco_others_featured_on_suicide_squad_sound

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Man, 2016 is starting to feel like one long tragedy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/19/entertainment/actor-anton-yelchin-killed/

Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 5:04 pm

2016, the year the entertainment industry suffered the worse.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 am

So...Britain voted to exit the European Union

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:55 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

SO I'm probably going to sound really dumb but...what does this mean exactly?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Paleoman
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paleoman

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:20 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

SO I'm probably going to sound really dumb but...what does this mean exactly?

Nobody is really sure yet, except that the pound has already fallen to its lowest since 1985. Scotland has already made their claim of disapproval so we might see them try to become independent again and rejoin the EU.

Certainly there will be impacts for both the British and the global economy, and from what I have heard they probably won't be good. But that remains to be seen. It mostly depends on if Britain can maintain trade agreements with the EU nations (which they might not be so inclined to preserve).
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:43 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yep, it was nice knowing you all.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Caudipteryx

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:55 am

My dad is currently walking around the house humming "Rule Britannia". He voted leave.

Watching Live News. The door to number ten just opened to let the cat out. Very intriguing stuff
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:56 am

Also, it appears environmental protections in Britain will probably be weakened.

Hatchling
Hatchling

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Get ready for a Round 2 seeing how many people are displeased and how the economy of the UK crashed overnight.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Caudipteryx

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Surprise surprise the Prime Minister resigned.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:42 pm

There was probably pressure for him to resign.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Eh, BoJo and a bunch of other pro-leave types were actually insisting he stay on.

Which might have increased the incentive for him to jump ship, now that I think about it.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:49 pm

This is a good thing. The British people will no longer have to bail out other countries like Greece and Portugal. Sorry, but those countries should be free loading off others and most of those that did bail them out, which made THEIR own populations angry, got nothing in return. It's not like Russia or China which always seems to get something in return when they do a partial bail-outs of European countries.

The EU may have been a good thing some time ago, but now, it's just a haven for old EuroMarxists and internationalists. Everybody is dependent on every country and people forgot what it means to be self-reliant. Besides, the Euro is on a death spiral anyway. It was always a bad idea and it will die outright or die via being meaningless within the next 10 years anyways. I'm not a true isolationist per-se, but I do believe that countries should be economical dependent by themselves or at least mostly (at least 70%) by themselves. A country that is not economically sovereign is always at the control of others.
Back to top Go down
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling
tigris115

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Personally, I think we should keep an eye on Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. It'd be interesting to see what happens
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:08 pm

tigris115 wrote:
Personally, I think we should keep an eye on Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. It'd be interesting to see what happens

I agree. The vote by Scotland to still be a part of Britain was somewhat fixed since the Scots were kept from many facts. It would be interesting what the vote would be like now. After all, if Britain finally freed itself from that corrupt internationalist organization, then there isn't much from Scots saying "If the Brits can free themselves from the EU, the we can do the same with Britain."
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:18 pm

As the token British Dino-nut here, I am planning to leave to either Ireland, Canada or New Zealand as soon as my Master's Degree wraps up. Incidentally, both of those Universities that I've been scouting for the MA are in Wales and Northern England.

*Strikes "making new friends" off the to-do list for Master's Degree*

News thread. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:46 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
As the token British Dino-nut here, I am planning to leave to either Ireland, Canada or New Zealand as soon as my Master's Degree wraps up. Incidentally, both of those Universities that I've been scouting for the MA are in Wales and Northern England.

*Strikes "making new friends" off the to-do list for Master's Degree*

Isn't that a little extreme? I mean, Britain is still home to many famous dinosaurs and there is still a lot of interesting ones waiting to be found.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Isn't that a little extreme? I mean, Britain is still home to many famous dinosaurs and there is still a lot of interesting ones waiting to be found.

I was not referring to dinosaurs, but people. I still love dinosaurs, but recent events are a bitter pill to take, knowing that Wales and Northern England pushed us into the state we are in now. But I will say this: I hope you're right - I hope I can look back all of on this in the years and say "that was way too extreme of me", but right now bitterness sits over me and many of my friends like a dark pall.

News thread. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 7:13 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I was not referring to dinosaurs, but people. I still love dinosaurs, but recent events are a bitter pill to take, knowing that Wales and Northern England pushed us into the state we are in now. But I will say this: I hope you're right - I hope I can look back all of on this in the years and say "that was way too extreme of me", but right now bitterness sits over me and many of my friends like a dark pall.

I just think you should wait until you see/feel the long term effects. As I said on your FB page, it will suck short term, but it will be worth it long term and the reasons that I mentioned a few posts ago here say why. Rome wasn't built in a day and the good effects won't come soon either, but it will be eventually. I think it's only then should a fair decision happen.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 8:38 pm

The petition to do a revote has 100,000+ signatures. It's probably going to happen. If it does, stay will demolish leave this time so.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
The petition to do a revote has 100,000+ signatures. It's probably going to happen. If it does, stay will demolish leave this time so.

Sounds like something to reverse the will of the people by the pro-EU supporters.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Possibly not. The highest google searches from Britain post vote was "What's the EU?" and "What does it mean to the EU?" Seems that a lot of the votes were reactionary protest votes, and people didn't truly understand what they were voting for. Now they do, and they don't like it.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:45 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Possibly not. The highest google searches from Britain post vote was "What's the EU?" and "What does it mean to the EU?" Seems that a lot of the votes were reactionary protest votes, and people didn't truly understand what they were voting for. Now they do, and they don't like it.

But voting to go back to a corrupt internationalist organization that wrecked their sovereignty is even worse. The EU needed Britian via bailout money, far more then the Brits need the EU. It's not worth running back into their arms. Even the EU leaders want the British to leave ASAP, rather then a recount. Besides, the Euro is dying anyway and the EU isn't far off.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 pm

How ridiculous is it to think that people went out and voted for something that they had no idea  what it was or represented. That's like not knowing anything about the presidential candidates and showing up on voting day to just pick one for no reason.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Spiegel wrote:
How ridiculous is it to think that people went out and voted for something that they had no idea  what it was or represented. That's  like not knowing anything about the presidential candidates and showing up on voting day to just pick one for no reason.

Dude... Razz

I suspect the EU want the UK out of the union as fast as possible so that the period of uncertainty and unstability is as short as possible. The economy will recover faster if whatever crash happens sooner. People wont be inclined to invest in UK and such and such when they don't know what will happen.

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

News thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next