Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The DC Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm

Batman, Superman, discuss the various DC comics, characters, and films.

With Suicide Squad around the corner, I can't wait to see it. I'm really hoping it redeems it after Batman v. Superman just didn't impress me.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 am

Characters Coming to Gotham and The Flash Season 3 Teased

Quote :

Though the shows just wrapped up a few weeks ago, it’s never too early to start thinking about what comes next for the likes of Gotham and The Flash. TVLine brings word of new characters coming to The Flash Season 3 and Gotham Season 3, one still a mystery and the other a character with deep ties to the source material.

The site confirms that the upcoming third season of Gotham will see journalist Vicki Vale appearing in the series. The character will be in her 20s however, making her older than Bruce Wayne in the series. Bruce and Vicki have had an on-again, off-again relationship throughout the source material. Fans perhaps know her best as being portrayed by Kim Basinger in Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman film.

As for The Flash, the TVLine says The CW is casting a “major recurring character” described as “Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own.”

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 6:19 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Batman, Superman, discuss the various DC comics, characters, and films.

With Suicide Squad around the corner, I can't wait to see it. I'm really hoping it redeems it after Batman v. Superman just didn't impress me.

That's what I'm hoping, too! And I think it will. Early reviews have been good! It ain't over for the DCEU yet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:43 pm

GOTHAM Season 3 Is Recasting 'Poison Ivy'

Quote :

TV Line has learned that the recent Gotham casting call was for Poison Ivy, who will be receiving a major overhaul when the show returns this fall. Clare Foley, the young actress who played the part of Ivy Pepper in nine episodes scattered throughout the past two seasons, will not return for the upcoming third season and the now-series regular role is currently in the midst of being recast with an actress in her late teens, which will accelerate Ivy's path into embracing her true eco-terrorist roots.

Whether or not the new actress will assume the role of Ivy Pepper or whether she'll play Pamela Isley, the true alter-ego of the popular Batman villain, is yet-to-be seen, but the former seems more likely at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:45 pm

i thought Gotham's Ivy was already called Pamela? (i seem to remember young Selena Kyle calling her that--keep in mind that i've only watched the first season once so far on Netflix)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Tyler Hoechlin to Play Superman on Supergirl

Quote :

According to TVLine, Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) has been cast to play Superman for season two of Supergirl. Hoechlin will guest-star in the first two episodes of Season 2, which will air this fall on the CW. Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg had the following to say about the casting…

“[Executive producer] Greg [Berlanti] and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman. We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character.”

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Given that this Superman is only for two episodes, I am suspecting hell be quickly killed off.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:15 pm

i doubt it--it's probably more likely that he'll go off to deal with some extraterrestrial threat

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 am

They should of just brought back the dude that played Superman on Smallville. Made much more sense.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Justice League Logo, Synopsis And Batmobile Revealed

Quote :

Superhero Hype reports that Warner Bros. Pictures has revealed a photo of the new Batmobile in Justice League, along with the film’s logo and plot description.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder and arrives on November 10, 2017. It stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ezra Miller, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe and JK Simmons.

Here’s a synopsis: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 7:16 pm

The reaction to this one should be fun...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/21/jesse-eisenberg-confirms-lex-luthors-return-for-justice-league/

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Drive Director Nicolas Winding Refn Wants to Make a Batgirl Movie

Quote :

Superhero movies are more popular than ever in Hollywood (and, of course, at the box office) – and as the genre has diversified to include more comic book characters, so too has the roster of directors making these films. For example, David Ayer – director of such gritty fare as End of Watch and Fury – is bringing a team of DC Comics supervillains to life in this year’s Suicide Squad; the filmmaker behind quirky New Zealand comedies Eagle vs Shark and What We Do in the Shadows, Taika Waititi, is calling the shots on the intergalactic buddy romp, Thor: Ragnarok; and Patty Jenkins, the writer/director of the Oscar-winning serial killer drama Monster, is leading the charge for the WWI-set mythological adventure, Wonder Woman.

Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn – who is known for The Pusher trilogy, Valhalla Rising, and Drive, among other movies – has also expressed his interest in tackling a superhero film, in the past. He has continued to do so while he promotes his latest film release, The Neon Demon, by specifically name-dropping a DC Comics character who has yet to appear in a 21st century, live-action, superhero blockbuster.

efn, speaking with Business Insider as he was out and about promoting The Neon Demon, expressed his continued interest in making a superhero film – asking “What ones are left?” before saying “You know the one I want to do? I want to make Batgirl. Let’s get Warner working on it.”

The filmmaker also explained why a superhero movie sounds appealing to him, even after having spent the last twenty years making lower-budgeted films that are meant primarily for the arthouse movie crowd:

“God, I would love to make one, it would probably be great fun. I just don’t know when it’s going to happen. I very much enjoy my freedom creatively, but I also would love to make one of those big Hollywood films that costs a lot of money and has a lot of people running around with cell phones and all that insanity.”

It was rumored that Jena Malone (who, by coincidence, costars in The Neon Demon) had been cast as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice long before the film hit theaters – though, her scenes were cut from the theatrical version of the movie. While Malone’s scenes will be restored in the upcoming Batman V Superman “Ultimate Edition” release on Digital HD and Blu-ray/DVD, it’s already been indicated (but not yet confirmed) that she is not, in fact, playing Jim Gordon’s daughter as rumored.

It’s expected that the Batgirl character will indeed become a part of the DC Extended Universe (started by Man of Steel and Batman V Superman), somewhere down the line. Batgirl will be featured in two titles from the ongoing DC Comics Rebirth event – Batgirl and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey – scheduled to get started next month (July 2016), so it’s a given that the character will continue to be an important part of the DC Comics franchise. In addition, it’s been rumored that Batgirl could make her DCEU debut in either a Birds of Prey film or an as-yet untitled DCEU movie centered around Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and other female DC characters – a film reportedly in the early stages of development right now.

Refn’s habit of making “hard R-Rated” movies that are meticulously crafted, but distinctly unconventional in terms of their storytelling approach, doesn’t exactly make him an obvious fit for a mainstream, presumably PG-13 superhero movie. Nevertheless, Refn seems interested in following up The Neon Demon by making even more films centered around women – in particular, of the superhero variety, having previously expressed his interest in directing a Wonder Woman movie starring Christina Hendricks (his Drive and Neon Demon costar). A Refn-directed DCEU Batgirl film (or any mainstream superhero film) still seems quite unlikely to ever happen – but again, nowadays you can’t be too certain about what filmmakers will or won’t end up signing on for a superhero movie, eventually.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Baryonyx111 wrote:
The reaction to this one should be fun...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/21/jesse-eisenberg-confirms-lex-luthors-return-for-justice-league/

I liked what someone I saw on another forum said: "JLU continues to get Eisenberg, while Power Rangers managed to get Bryan Cranston."

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Would it have been possible to grandfather the Christopher Nolan Batman movie series into the DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe)?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Christopher Nolan explicitly requested for this to not happen.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:

What was his reason?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mysterious Hero M wrote:

What was his reason?

If I had to guess, it's because it told a complete story. I may not love TDKR, but it does round out the series, while leaving a little hint at Batman not actually dying. Plus, the Nolan trilogy kind of went for mostly realism, while the DCU is branching into all sort of things. I can't even say Snyder's Batman may once have been like Nolan's, because it's hinted he's fought several of his Rogue's gallery by now, and not all of them entirely realistic beings.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:04 am

RUMOR: Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN May Take Place In Arkham Asylum

Quote :
Batman-News has come across a very interesting rumour which started doing the rounds this weekend, and while it comes from a source which is very hit and miss (BOF), it's one which is sure to leave you with a lot to think about. Apparently, Ben Affleck's Batman movie - which he's been writing alongside Geoff Johns - will feature the Caped Crusader locked inside Arkham Asylum battling his greatest foes.

However, as Affleck has previously made it clear that his movie will be an original story that borrows elements from past tales, don't expect this to be a direct adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum!

While an entire movie set with this iconic location might be a little hard to pull off, it would be pretty interesting to see a big chunk of The Batman set there, especially as previous rumours have pointed to us seeing several of the hero's most iconic villains. Time will tell whether or not this rumour is accurate, but with Comic-Con just days away, we could very well end up learning more about it soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:25 am

interestingly, one possible Batman movie from maybe a decade ago would've featured Batman of the Burton/Schumacher series being trapped in Arkham by Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (who would've been Joker's illegitimate daughter this time around) and had him hallucinate an encounter with all his previous villains, including Jack Nicholson reprising his role from the original Burton film. maybe we're finally getting that?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:28 pm

SDCC '16: The CW's DCTV Surprises Include BATWOMAN, ORACLE And BATMAN?

Quote :

The CW DCTV superhero shows may be moving from Hall H to Ballroom 20 this year's but that doesn't mean they're slacking off on bringing major SDCC announcements. According to BleedingCool, The CW is actively working to bring Batman, Batwoman and Oracle to their collective TV universe consisting of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

However, where the inclusion of Batwoman and Oracle appears to be a more solid rumor, Batman's inclusion is contingent upon an agreement being worked out with Fox's Gotham. The site reports that Floriana Lima's casting as Maggie Sawyer was just a precursor to a big SDCC reveal that Batwoman is headed to National City and Supergirl. They also add that the show will bring in Barbara Gordon but in her role as the wheelchair bound Oracle, not Batgirl. BC adds that The CW has approached Fox to share the Batman TV rights for a fee but a deal still needs to be worked out.

Other items of interest from BC's report include John Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick possibly being made a series regular across the whole DC Universe, similar to the deal given to John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller. They also state that a similar deal could be in the works for Matt Ryan's Constantine with the network current contemplating whether to give DC's preeminent magic con man a new Friday night series to replace The Vampire Diaries.

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:12 pm

I mean we already have Superman there might as well just make it a TV and Movie universe type deal.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
SDCC '16: The CW's DCTV Surprises Include BATWOMAN, ORACLE And BATMAN?

Quote :

The CW DCTV superhero shows may be moving from Hall H to Ballroom 20 this year's but that doesn't mean they're slacking off on bringing major SDCC announcements.  According to BleedingCool, The CW is actively working to bring Batman, Batwoman and Oracle to their collective TV universe consisting of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

However, where the inclusion of Batwoman and Oracle appears to be a more solid rumor, Batman's inclusion is contingent upon an agreement being worked out with Fox's  Gotham.  The site reports that Floriana Lima's casting as Maggie Sawyer was just a precursor to a big SDCC reveal that Batwoman is headed to National City and Supergirl.  They also add that the show will bring in Barbara Gordon but in her role as the wheelchair bound Oracle, not Batgirl.  BC adds that The CW has approached Fox to share the Batman TV rights for a fee but a deal still needs to be worked out.

Other items of interest from BC's report include John Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick possibly being made a series regular across the whole DC Universe, similar to the deal given to John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller.  They also state that a similar deal could be in the works for Matt Ryan's Constantine with the network current contemplating whether to give DC's preeminent magic con man a new Friday night series to replace The Vampire Diaries.

They have Maggie Sawyer in Supergirl now this upcoming season so including Batwoman there wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Looking pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Wonder Woman looks pretty good in my opinion, Justice League not so much.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 4:20 am

Surprised What's this? No ashey gray, or bronzed color tints drowning out the colors of the fantastic costumes? I could actually get into this.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 4:52 am

You know, Justice League and Wonder Woman could be far better recieved than Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. From the JL trailer, it seems to me like they've nailed the characters thus far (at least aesthetically, since we only have glimpses into the characters' personalities).

The big variable for me is how they handle Superman when he eventually returns. I've stood up for Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman since 2013, but not everyone is won over by him or Snyder's controversial interpretation of the character. When he comes back, will that be a point where the audience's patience is tested?

The DC Comics Thread Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
You know, Justice League and Wonder Woman could be far better recieved than Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. From the JL trailer, it seems to me like they've nailed the characters thus far (at least aesthetically, since we only have glimpses into the characters' personalities).

The big variable for me is how they handle Superman when he eventually returns. I've stood up for Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman since 2013, but not everyone is won over by him or Snyder's controversial interpretation of the character. When he comes back, will that be a point where the audience's patience is tested?

Depends. Given the Flash appearance in BvS and the things that could happen while he's dead, I think Snyder has been setting up for a Superman that will turn on everyone. Not saying he'll stay evil, and I can't imagine him being evil after one (or two I guess) Justice League films. Or they may not go that route.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:39 am

Does anybody else think that DC/WB may have taken too long to establish a DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe) and that Marvel has mostly won by default via their good reputation? I simply think that it's just too little, too late and that DC/WB can not catch up at this point. Not only that but if even if they do, the interest in superhero movies will start to go down.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next