Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Empty
PostSubject: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Since V.4 was nearing the magic number of 1,000, I decided to just make this.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Also, the DPG page confirms The Lost World is canon. So I don't wanna hear any more doubt over it haha

But is the DPG page canon? scratch

Lol. Of course

I still refuse to accept that. Sorry, but this is just a half-assed way to keep fans happy. If they really wanted to ensure that all this is still canon, then they would have inserted some of this in the movie or commission books/novels that talk about this which are designated canon.

Besides, need I remind you how Universal tried to pull a fast one on us via saying/heavily implying how the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino? If anything else, what the DPG site/newsletter said about that not being the case was backtracking via fans not buying into that.

I get that the fanbase is desperate for more JP stuff and that they want the Sorna movies kept as canon, but that's no excuse for buying this site as canon. Even more so how Universal should have made this franchise better then it currently is.

In other words-and I know this is going to sound harsh, but so be it-if you support this site as a canon source, you are allowing Universal to get away with being lazy with this franchise.

I'm pretty sure I've already responded to this Spinosaurus thing before. They obviously meant the species, not the exact same individual animal from the third film.

It seemed like you were having second thoughts after reading that article that Ty wrote on his site that I linked to.

I can't really remember. All I know is that they never said it was the exact same animal. Fans just overreacted.

Considering how Universal doesn't care about this franchise as much as it did in the 1990's, it certainly comes across like they tried to pull a fast one on us fans.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 6:30 pm

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/960379525635829760

So apparently the auction has online bidding available. Lockwood is pretty evil lol.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

So apparently the auction has online bidding available. Lockwood is pretty evil lol.
Wow how did I miss that bottom line of text?

I guess the people who showed up just needed to see it for themselves. That’d be pretty funny if the Indoraptor actually did get auctioned off, but not to anyone who actually came to the mansion. Some random rich guy in Siberia, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

And thus begins the whole "Jurassic War" concept people have been talking about. Not a war in the literal sense, but by monetary value.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

And thus begins the whole "Jurassic War" concept people have been talking about. Not a war in the literal sense, but by monetary value.

Yep. Also I would say to answer the first guy who responded, this means that anyone bidding on the dinosaurs online would be able to escape the carnage happening when the Indoraptor happens.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:50 pm

The arguments against the movie on Reddit are so disheartening.

“Another movie where Dino’s escape? So lame”

Well, I mean they kind of have to for there to be a movie. Unless you want a complete drama with no action. Which people would complain about.

“Another hybrid, why would Ingen be stupid enough to create another one? And it’s such a boring concept”.

1. I actually didn’t want there to be a hybrid either.

2. But Ingen has technically been making hybrids since the first movie. And why wouldn’t they make another one? They are going to sell it for crazy money and they are doing what was literally set up in the first movie. It’s on a damn computer screen and implied.

I guess it’s just disheartening that JW is so scrutinized, where as I feel people are more than happy to have the same stuff from SW and superheroes.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Well, I mean they kind of have to for there to be a movie. Unless you want a complete drama with no action. Which people would complain about.

“Another hybrid, why would Ingen be stupid enough to create another one? And it’s such a boring concept”.

2. But Ingen has technically been making hybrids since the first movie. And why wouldn’t they make another one? They are going to sell it for crazy money and they are doing what was literally set up in the first movie. It’s on a damn computer screen and implied.

I guess it’s just disheartening that JW is so scrutinized, where as I feel people are more than happy to have the same stuff from SW and superheroes.

Maybe from the MCU, but not the DCEU-except Wonder Woman-and Star Wars. I just wonder how much of these people are really disgruntled JP fans who don't like where the franchise is heading/was heading ever since JP3.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I suppose they would rather have a film without dinosaurs, or a film where all of the dinosaurs are safely contained for 2 hours?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Since V.4 was nearing the magic number of 1,000, I decided to just make this.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Also, the DPG page confirms The Lost World is canon. So I don't wanna hear any more doubt over it haha

But is the DPG page canon? scratch

Lol. Of course

I still refuse to accept that. Sorry, but this is just a half-assed way to keep fans happy. If they really wanted to ensure that all this is still canon, then they would have inserted some of this in the movie or commission books/novels that talk about this which are designated canon.

Besides, need I remind you how Universal tried to pull a fast one on us via saying/heavily implying how the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino? If anything else, what the DPG site/newsletter said about that not being the case was backtracking via fans not buying into that.

I get that the fanbase is desperate for more JP stuff and that they want the Sorna movies kept as canon, but that's no excuse for buying this site as canon. Even more so how Universal should have made this franchise better then it currently is.

In other words-and I know this is going to sound harsh, but so be it-if you support this site as a canon source, you are allowing Universal to get away with being lazy with this franchise.

I'm pretty sure I've already responded to this Spinosaurus thing before. They obviously meant the species, not the exact same individual animal from the third film.

It seemed like you were having second thoughts after reading that article that Ty wrote on his site that I linked to.

I can't really remember. All I know is that they never said it was the exact same animal. Fans just overreacted.

Considering how Universal doesn't care about this franchise as much as it did in the 1990's, it certainly comes across like they tried to pull a fast one on us fans.

I think they might start caring again now that they know it makes them a hell of a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Most likely all hypocrites. I see it all the time. People trashing Jurassic for repeating story points, yet have Marvel profile pictures, it's so ironic.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm

people basically don't want another movie. millions of star wars and superhero movies but god forbid they make more jp movies.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Most likely all hypocrites. I see it all the time. People trashing Jurassic for repeating story points, yet have Marvel profile pictures, it's so ironic.

This super hero mob trendy needs to stop. Never liked it. It's turning out to be a cancer.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

This super hero mob trendy needs to stop. Never liked it. It's turning out to be a cancer.

I've never felt like re-watching any of them. So forgettable. Not bad films, just bland.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I've never felt like re-watching any of them. So forgettable. Not bad films, just bland.

Same. I watch some but never get pumped. IDK why, just not my type of movies, I guess. Just feels boring.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

The movies are fine, but i can't stand most of the fans.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:24 am

The trailer viewings during the Super Bowl and online tell a different story. 40% fewer interruptions (changing the channel, fast forwarding, etc) than the average of film ads. Higher view counts and a far-superior like-to-dislike ratio compared to the Solo trailer. If things pan out and it’s a good movie, I think we’re fine.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
The trailer viewings during the Super Bowl and online tell a different story. 40% fewer interruptions (changing the channel, fast forwarding, etc) than the average of film ads. Higher view counts and a far-superior like-to-dislike ratio compared to the Solo trailer. If things pan out and it’s a good movie, I think we’re fine.

People are still using the excuse that the film makes no sense because they can clone more dinosaurs. Unfortunately, you can't do anything about people that lack any kind of sympathy for animals.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am

Someone also mentioned how Fallen Kingdom's Superbowl spot has way more views than Jurassic World's Superbowl spot after only a few days compared to Jurassic World's three years.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Someone also mentioned how Fallen Kingdom's Superbowl spot has way more views than Jurassic World's Superbowl spot after only a few days compared to Jurassic World's three years.
Well, one was called a Super Bowl spot, and the other is called a trailer, which would boost FK's more. It's also 30 seconds longer. But I'm not complaining about the view count either way. It shows that they're on the right marketing track after the less-than-stellar first trailer.
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Well, one was called a Super Bowl spot, and the other is called a trailer, which would boost FK's more. It's also 30 seconds longer. But I'm not complaining about the view count either way. It shows that they're on the right marketing track after the less-than-stellar first trailer.

Yeah, I'm glad. The worst case would have been that people weren't hyped at all, and the movie made very little money despite being good. The second worst case is that it's a bad movie and everyone will be thoroughly disappointed, but I'm hoping that's not the case. It doesn't seem to be the case anyhow. Some aspects of the plot are all that I'm really worried about (based on some of the leaks and the first trailer). The rest should be fine.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 am

TyrannoFan wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah, I'm glad. The worst case would have been that people weren't hyped at all, and the movie made very little money despite being good. The second worst case is that it's a bad movie and everyone will be thoroughly disappointed, but I'm hoping that's not the case. It doesn't seem to be the case anyhow. Some aspects of the plot are all that I'm really worried about (based on some of the leaks and the first trailer). The rest should be fine.

What are those?
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

What are those?

Actually, I guess the leak I was worried about was shown in the second trailer.

Basically, the only thing I'm worried about regarding this movie is that, like JW, its plot might be a bit silly and contrived. The whole Blue and Indo thing, the Carno getting rekt by the oh so heroic T. Rex, Indo being another hybrid, stuff like that. Although, I'm sure even if these things end up being the weakpoints of the movie, Bayona can make the movie entertaining and engaging regardless. Heck, I love JW anyway, so it would take quite a bit to disappoint me haha

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 2:36 am

I’m worried about Owen saying “this is gonna be awesome.” Is he saying it’s gonna be awesome to watch the animal run free in its new island habitat, or that it’s gonna be awesome to set the thing free and get people killed? Even in TLW when Nick Van Owen released the herbivores, he didn’t gleefully look forward to people getting injured.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 7:11 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I’m worried about Owen saying “this is gonna be awesome.” Is he saying it’s gonna be awesome to watch the animal run free in its new island habitat, or that it’s gonna be awesome to set the thing free and get people killed? Even in TLW when Nick Van Owen released the herbivores, he didn’t gleefully look forward to people getting injured.

Does that scene take place on the boat after they escape from Nublar or at Lockwood Manor?

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Does that scene take place on the boat after they escape from Nublar or at Lockwood Manor?
All we know is that it takes place on the boat, but it’s very possible that the boat is docked at Lockwood’s. Or it’s in the middle of the ocean.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:07 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

This.

I worried about this a lot, I really really hope it's not about relasing Rexy to kill people.

But that would only confirm what I said about Owen too.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Maybe i'm wrong but we don't know for sure Owen is even saying that about rex do we? Yes it absolutely looks like the same background and everything but there must be some context we are missing. Maybe he think's it's going to be awesome to get it off the island to safety?

Maybe the line won't be in the movie? It could happen.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 am

Troyal1 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Maybe i'm wrong but we don't know for sure Owen is even saying that about rex do we? Yes it absolutely looks like the same background and everything but there must be some context we are missing. Maybe he think's it's going to be awesome to get it off the island to safety?

Maybe the line won't be in the movie? It could happen.

Could also just be a line filmed specifically for the trailer.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 pm

First Fallen Kingdom TV Spot during the Olympics...

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 pm

I think Universal's marketing division made a good call by putting the Indoraptor hunting Maisie into the Super Bowl trailer, and honestly I think it's a MUCH stronger selling point and visual than the volcanic destruction of Nublar. 99% of the trailer reactions to that scene were of fear and suspense, a markedly huge improvement over the scenes in the previous trailer. We'll probably see some volcano, stampede, Rexy, and Owen/Blue TV spots as the film gets closer.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next