Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I've been saying for some time to ret-con the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. Make IT the original super-hybrid so that we can see real/modern Spinos on some other island. Not to mention it would as the prototype for I. rex.

I would love this.

It opens the door for the more scientifically accurate (and far more interesting) version of the animal to make an appearance without creating a massive continuity flaw, and it actually ties into JW, thus tying the everything together quite nicely.

Not only that, but I also thought of another reason why Wu would make it. To kill off as many original animals as possible so that it would be easier to make new dinosaurs for JW. In other words, a corporate sabotage project. It wouldn't kill off every animal on Sorna, but more then enough to justify making new ones, which would also be introduced to Sorna as well.

Of course, this would only happen if either Universal got somebody with enough power/will to do this and fire Horner or, more likely, under another movie company.

I'd be all for that.

Interestingly enough, the Masrani backdoor site pretty much confirmed the JP3 Spino to be a hybrid already, so it'd tie into that as well.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why would Horner's presence prevent them from retroactively retconning the JP3 Spino as a hybrid?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I've been saying for some time to ret-con the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. Make IT the original super-hybrid so that we can see real/modern Spinos on some other island. Not to mention it would as the prototype for I. rex.

I would love this.

It opens the door for the more scientifically accurate (and far more interesting) version of the animal to make an appearance without creating a massive continuity flaw, and it actually ties into JW, thus tying the everything together quite nicely.

Not only that, but I also thought of another reason why Wu would make it. To kill off as many original animals as possible so that it would be easier to make new dinosaurs for JW. In other words, a corporate sabotage project. It wouldn't kill off every animal on Sorna, but more then enough to justify making new ones, which would also be introduced to Sorna as well.

Of course, this would only happen if either Universal got somebody with enough power/will to do this and fire Horner or, more likely, under another movie company.

I'd be all for that.

Interestingly enough, the Masrani backdoor sight pretty much confirmed the JP3 Spino to be a hybrid already, so it'd tie into that as well.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why would Horner's presence prevent them from retroactively retconning the JP3 Spino as a hybrid?

Horner's anti-T. rex bias and the fact that he pushed for Spino being 'the REAL super-predator'...at least until the 2014 neotype was described.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I would love this.

I'd be all for that.

Interestingly enough, the Masrani backdoor sight pretty much confirmed the JP3 Spino to be a hybrid already, so it'd tie into that as well.

Horner's anti-T. rex bias and the fact that he pushed for Spino being 'the REAL super-predator'...at least until the 2014 neotype was described.

One would think that if he had any integrity at all as a so called "expert" that he wouldn't simply ignore all of the evidence that's been gathered over the last handful of years (the "new" Spinosaurus, the Rex tooth found in a heeled hadrosaur wound, etc...).

Also, retconning the JP3 Spino as a Rex/Spino hybrid would also account for how the Spino was able to track the survivors as well as it did (T. rex's insanely accute sense of smell).

The list of reasons why I love this idea and why it fits perfectly within the continuity continues to grow Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:50 pm

It's pretty clear that this discussion will end up in tears, just as it did the last time(s) it was resurrected.

As for me, 'no thanks' still, and also on the Horner front I still don't see him as the primary mustache villain, only one of the people in the executive chain that's steered it into wrong direction

Last edited by Mistral on Sat May 27, 2017 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I would love this.

Or maybe because the original ones were flipped with frog DNA and could turn female/male when they wanted to bred.  Laughing

I don't think creating a Spinosaurus would be necessary to justify the creation of new dinosaurs for JW.

Spinosaurus isn't a hybrid. It's not canon. I like to think it was just an accident by InGen when they wanted to create Baryonyx.

PS: How cool, I'm at Spinosaurus level of posts.  Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Canon can be altered (See Wu's explantion from JW as to why the dinosaurs aren't "scientifically accurate").

If it makes sense, as it did with the above case, then I'm all for retroactively altering the canon.

Regardless of all of this, it seems pretty obvious that Horner lets his own personal bias get in the way of the input he provides. Considering that his role is supposed to be that of an impartial adviser, I'd say it's a relatively significant conflict of interest.

Cut him loose.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
"Indominus Rex, the big badass of Jurassic World, is hiding somewhere on Isla Nublar island after being defeated by the fan favourite Tyrannosaurus rex, Rexy,"

It's like whoever wrote this didn't see the ending of the last movie. Did the Mosasaurus throw up the Indominus and it just happened to gain the ability to swim and make it out of the tank?

The beginning of JW2 opens up with Indy and Mosa fighting at the bottom of the lagoon. Indy wins and walks out of the lagoon. Sorry for spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
"Indominus Rex, the big badass of Jurassic World, is hiding somewhere on Isla Nublar island after being defeated by the fan favourite Tyrannosaurus rex, Rexy,"

It's like whoever wrote this didn't see the ending of the last movie. Did the Mosasaurus throw up the Indominus and it just happened to gain the ability to swim and make it out of the tank?

The beginning of JW2 opens up with Indy and Mosa fighting at the bottom of the lagoon. Indy wins and walks out of the lagoon. Sorry for spoilers.

You forgot the part where Indy dusts his hands after the fight.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Tenor

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Canon can be altered (See Wu's explantion from JW as to why the dinosaurs aren't "scientifically accurate").

If it makes sense, as it did with the above case, then I'm all for retroactively altering the canon.

Regardless of all of this, it seems pretty obvious that Horner lets his own personal bias get in the way of the input he provides. Considering that his role is supposed to be that of an impartial adviser, I'd say it's a relatively significant conflict of interest.

Cut him loose.
How dare you use Wu's words against me?  lol! Laughing
Just kidding.  Razz

Anyway, looks like a teaser trailer is already done + footage of behind the scenes, both were show at JW2 wrap party according to some people:

https://twitter.com/chloexamanda/status/868944802095796224

I wanna know so bad what is this teaser trailer like. Must be most dialogues. You better put some powerfull pro science
Spoiler:
 lines there too.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Anyway, looks like a teaser trailer is already done + footage of behind the scenes, both were show at JW2 wrap party according to some people:

I wanna know so bad what is this teaser trailer like. Must be most dialogues. You better put some powerfull pro science lines there too.  Twisted Evil

I wonder if this means they have a substantial amount of animatronic footage to work with, since it's too early in the production (never-mind post-production) for any huge amount of CGI to be ready for trailer purposes yet. Instead of selling the movie on CGI, selling it on animatronics would probably gain a lot of attention. It would be quite impressive of Universal to start advertising the next Jurassic film a whole twelve months before it's intended release, again like Disney did with The Force Awakens. But, based on what has seen at the licensing expo, I'm not getting hopes too high just yet.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I wanna know so bad what is this teaser trailer like. Must be most dialogues. You better put some powerfull pro science lines there too.  Twisted Evil

I wonder if this means they have a substantial amount of animatronic footage to work with, since it's too early in the production (never-mind post-production) for any huge amount of CGI to be ready for trailer purposes yet. Instead of selling the movie on CGI, selling it on animatronics would probably gain a lot of attention. It would be quite impressive of Universal to start advertising the next Jurassic film a whole twelve months before it's intended release, again like Disney did with The Force Awakens. But, based on what has seen at the licensing expo, I'm not getting hopes too high just yet.
Must be some animatronic behind the scenes footage + some teaser dialogues from characters. Almost sure it's that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Or it's just some 15 second thing where there's establishment shots and/or closeups of Pratt/BDH between fading to black, and then at the end T-Rex roars or something.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Mistral wrote:
Or it's just some 15 second thing where there's establishment shots and/or closeups of Pratt/BDH between fading to black, and then at the end T-Rex roars or something.
Hope it's more than that.  Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:25 pm

You remember the original teasers for the first three films, each which had zero footage from the actual films =)
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm

A Brazilian website just posted a pic of an important dinosaur. Maybe the one that leaked and everyone was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:32 pm

brunofernando wrote:
A Brazilian website just posted a pic of an important dinosaur. Maybe the one that leaked and everyone was talking about.
Can I tell what it is?

SPOILER WARNING! OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Is it possible that the trailer they saw DID have CGI, just really unfinished? I hope not tbh, because that would mean a trailer's still kinda far away... Sad

I much prefer the idea that they have enough animatronic footage. That would be so cool to see.

Or maybe there's no dinosaur footage in the first teaser... :O

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:44 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:

They would have to have SOME sort of dinosaur footage in the teaser. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a JP/JW trailer.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:

They would have to have SOME sort of dinosaur footage in the teaser. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a JP/JW trailer.

There's no dinosaur footage in JP or JP3 teasers.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:

That was different, as awesome as those teasers were they relied on atmosphere, voice over narration and a suggestion of the presence of dinosaurs. Modern teasers just don't work that way anymore, they have to have some kind of star profile or "money shot" to get the audience's attention and be used for promotion on websites, like the Mosasaurus consuming the shark for JW. And for JP, it was especially novel because it was Steven Spielberg tackling a dinosaur movie, a genre that was usually consigned to B-movies, so the big question at the time was "how would he pull this off?"

Edit: I'm not even sure simply reverting back to the old style of teasing movies would work today because the primary audience of the 90s and early 2000s are not the same as the ones for the 2010s. It'd be like introducing 2D animation to a child who's only ever known CGI animation growing up.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:52 pm

It was merely a response to "it wouldn't be a JP/JW trailer", when the historical context says otherwise.
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:54 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:

That was different, as awesome as those teasers were they relied on atmosphere, voice over narration and a suggestion of the presence of dinosaurs. Modern teasers just don't work that way anymore, they have to have some kind of star profile or "money shot" to get the audience's attention and be used for promotion on websites, like the Mosasaurus consuming the shark for JW. And for JP, it was especially novel because it was Steven Spielberg tackling a dinosaur movie, a genre that was usually consigned to B-movies, so the big question at the time was "how would he pull this off?"

Edit: I'm not even sure simply reverting back to the old style of teasing movies would work today because the primary audience of the 90s and early 2000s are not the same as the ones for the 2010s. It'd be like introducing 2D animation to a child who's only ever known CGI animation growing up.

Maybe a trailer, but I think a teaser could pull it off without the dinosaurs. Or they could use the statues in the Lockwood mansion, like in the first pic, with some dialogue in the background. That would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:56 pm

brunofernando wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:

Maybe a trailer, but I think a teaser could pull it off without the dinosaurs. Or they could use the statues in the Lockwood mansion, like in the first pic, with some dialogue in the background. That would be really cool.
I fully agree with that.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:02 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Could also be using stand in CGI. Remember, when the original JW trailer leaked, and it had Raptor CGI culled from the original JP.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:44 pm

A doozy of a pic just leaked out. Its uh...wow. PM for intel.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
A doozy of a pic just leaked out. Its uh...wow. PM for intel.
Is it the 
Spoiler:
one?

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:49 pm

If it's already of a dinosaur that existed in previous films and isn't of any real importance I wish to see that pic as well

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:51 pm

It may or may not be. We certainty dont allow pics pf it or any sort of leak on this board.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:53 pm

DPFAR: Regardless of if this "leak" is real or not any pics of it posted to this board will be deleted and infraction issued. We follow Universals orders.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Ahem, didn't Trevorrow Already confirm Rexy?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 28 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next