Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)

Go down 
+3
Chopperface
Dragon Scales
FTKchuuNINJA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Empty
PostSubject: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 12:34 pm

"...It seems, that I've gone long enough into that forsaken jungle....the things those specimens were able to accomplish. Raptors, yeah, but they took down one of the place's alpha predators. To climb up onto a Tyrannosaurus is suicide. To repeatedly attack the neck and using the legs as platforms to latch back onto is nuts. Killing it solo is just unreal. The terrifying speed they go to for their prey is another level of 'nope'. By God these creatures are hella intelligent. I chase one with my rifle while the other one tackled me from behind. Luckily, I had my backpack, or I would've received more than just an ugly bruise on my back and a tattered pride... However, when running from their leader, I dropped my camera into the mud, so I don't have video evidence, but I do have my documents written in my bag, torn...yes, but legible. So I sent my research to one of my labs, and discovered that one of them actually collected specimens from that jungle. And for some reason they inherited the traits of those raptors from the island. Now I just need Owen's manual to train raptors ("which there is none ever written!! >8( ") Now I'll be returning to find that blasted camera...ugh....."

Contents of the Mod:

Instructions:

Download:

*UPDATE*: At long last!...well not quite, the original video cannot be found so I decided to instead study the pack of raptors raised in captivity created from the DNA from those raptors on the island. We sort of gave them a field test in a controlled island far from the lab. The results are astounding!

P.S.- Oh btw SKINS! Enjoy!

The Stars!
Blue:
Charlie:
Delta:
Echo:

The Side Actors!
Stiracle 'steer-rake-ohl' (ex. hi-steric"oh") :
Vinn:

Last edited by FTKchuuNINJA on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm

I have a question: Do you make skins for the raptors?
Back to top Go down
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm

I gave this a shot and it's really great! I had about 9 raptors go after a Supersaurus. Only thing is, I had bumped the Supersaurus' health up to... a lot, for the purposes of shooting a clip with Indominus, who I've bumped up to deal massive damage. So those raptors were attacking the Supersaurus for two months in-game! By the end of the hunt, only one survived.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Finally got around to trying this out. My last plunge into the JPOG files left me defeated and chased me away for a few months.

FTK, I see what you're going for here. Some of it was wonky for me, but I totally understand how difficult it is to get things just right for this game as far as behavior editing goes. It's mostly good though.

I tried it combined with DJE mod with PMEP behaviors. One of the problems that I noticed is that the Raptors tend to get mixed up in what they want to do sometimes*. Example, they will sometimes stand in one spot going in a circle, or they will sometimes run endlessly from one side of the island to the other for no reason. Also, when the Raptors are attacking prey for some reason the prey's health will barely move -- it's showing that it's taking damage, but that's about it.

*I'm assuming that some in part is because its Vision and Smell are set too high. Raptors were panicking when Spino was quite a far distance away, for example.

The Raptors also can't seem to decide if they want to flee from large carns or buddy up with them -- they'll be drinking water together with T.rex, and other times they'll run around fleeing. Ha!

Cool things that I've noticed: a single Raptor jogged toward a herd of Styracosaurus' and lured one away. Once enough distance was made, three other Raptors circled around from the back and sides, and they all ambushed it. That was awesome to watch -- not that I enjoy seeing another animal massacred or anything. :p

Then, I heard a ruckus going on in the distance. It was a lone Raptor pouncing endlessly onto a T.rex while an Allosaurus was attacking the T.rex from the side. They killed it and ate it together. It resembled Blue and "Rexy" teaming up on Indominus! I didn't get a video to post in your thread though.

I bumped up the Speed and RunSpeed about two points each and this helped them to evade some of the threats better -- those Pachy's are relentless pursuers. Very Happy

Also, nice touch on having the Raptors run animation in [Hunt] mode resemble the Raptor Squad when locked onto a target!

Anyway, a 10/10 for effort.
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 am

Thank you for the feedback guys!

Yes some behaviors (if not all) are unrealistic but I just wanna see how people would like it if their raptors aren't just something that people go, "-...and here is the raptor, next exhibit!..." NO!
I want to amplify the fear aspect into the name 'raptor', cuz why not have a fearless raptor take on a rex when it is the lone survivor of the previous group, held in high regards by it's current pack?

the damage was to simulate how long would in real life, take a raptor(s) to bring down prey. Of course a raptor cannot insta-kill things it cannot pounce on with one pounce. You have to take in the bleeding, how much a herbivore can fight before succumbing to it's injuries, how much a raptor can take before it falls prey to it's own demise through it's blind killing frenzy, *gets stupid* how much milk can I put into my bowl before I realize there's *angry* NO GODDAMNED OREO CEREAL I--...*stops, breathes, and gets back to topic* etc.

Other info, read this letter sent by one of the colleagues sent to retrieve the video.
From Me To You:

;D
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 7:14 pm

video is up! ;D
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Finally. Nice skins and great job with everything.
Back to top Go down
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 9:03 am

Very good job FTK like everytime... Can you send me the dds file of your styracosaurus please ? I search it for long time but he was deleted from the old jplegacy forums
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Skins out! Enjoy! ^o^
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am

You sir are the best!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm

I think I'm having the same issue as LostWorld. Conflict of behavioral mods is causing the raptors in my game to just kind of indecisively wander back and forth or run aimlessly. My raptors in my current Site B are literally dying of hunger because of their inability to choose something to hunt down. Like LostWorld said, that's more an issue of conflicting mods not yours. In the brief glimpses it works, I'm loving it.
Back to top Go down
Lucca2951
Embryo
Embryo
Lucca2951

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:12 am

Pretty incredible quality on the raptor skins, good job boi!

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 am

Best part about the skins, they have a unique watermark only I will know.

As for conflicting behaviors, my mistake on setting the vision of the raptors too high.
If you know how to edit the .ini files, just set the vision to at least 150-200. or just use the default raptor.ini. if anything i'll post the rest of the files here so you can see.

Raptor.ini:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)   Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raptors - A Recorded Expedition [FSM Mod] (NOW WITH SKINS!)
Page 1 of 1