Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Frank Marshall slips up?

Go down 
+14
Six-Foot Turkey
NolaJP
TyrannoFan
Aegyptiacus3
Dead2009
BarrytheOnyx
JP_Korea
Spinosaur4.4
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Sickle_Claw
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Frank Marshall slips up? Empty
PostSubject: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Frank Marshall slips up? OntWpx3

He later changed the tweet to 'Indominus'.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Oh snap! is this the name of the new hybrid?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm

It's cringe without finesse, but that's kinda CT and Connolly's style, moreso Connolly. Honestly, it sounds... bad. Like, at least the Indominus had marketability. This sounds like the writers were sitting in a room saying, "So... it's an Indominus DNA infused Raptor... what are we gonna call it?

How about 'Indoraptor'?

F*ck, that's terrible. Got anything better?

Nope.

F*ck it, we're outta here in 30. Indoraptor it is."

Indominus rex translated into "Untameable king" This is... "introduce thief" ...? It's just... completely unmarketable It's not even catchy. Sounds like something they dug up in Indonesia. Archaeornithomimus rolls off the tongue better. Hell, even if they named it Mega Raptor, at least THAT would be catchy.

Last edited by CT-1138 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

They will prob just refer to the creature as a hybrid within the film.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:37 pm

That sounds stupid.

If they can't think of anything decent to call it, just refer to it as "the hybrid".

Frank Marshall slips up? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 pm

The name could always change(if this is even the official name). I remember irex was daiblous rex for a long time before they change it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:56 pm

This really is a lazy name for the new hybrid if this is true.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:58 pm

The name could always change(if this is even the official name). I remember irex was daiblous rex for a long time before they change it.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Guys, I think he's simply referring to the indominus being part raptor. 

I understand what you mean by a slip up, but I don't think he was referencing the specific name you're thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 12:05 am

I don't care about the name, I just want to see how it looks and how badass it'll be. I love you Wu. 
I'm sure it'll be nice like the Indominus was. I'm okay with the news of a hybrid being confirmed.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Frank Marshall slips up? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 2:43 am

Frank Marshall said that Indoraptor is his pet for Indominus rex...hmm...Do-you-think-he-saurus rex?

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 4:51 am

I think the studio would be all over his ass if that was an honest slip-up, and with a name like "Indoraptor" it sounds way more like a nickname than anything else. (Not to say I wouldn't put it past them if the studio was more in control of the project than Bayona is.)

While I have a hunch that there will be a new hybrid of some kind, they wouldn't follow up "Indominus rex" with a much lamer sounding name.

Frank Marshall slips up? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:46 am

Indoraptor may of been the code name for the Indominus waaaay before production even started on the last film. I take the slipup, if you would even call it that, with a grain of salt

Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 7:38 am

Honestly, what's wrong with "Indomiraptor" instead? Sounds much better.

TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 am

This seems like another name for the Indominus Rex, since it was part raptor. If you mean to say this could be a new hybrid's name, that would be a really stupid name so I doubt it.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:22 am

Maybe he did slip up. If he did I wouldn't worry too much. Keep in mind that the creation of the Indominus Rex, her escape, and her destruction are the central plot devices of Jurassic World. The Indomnus is literally what the entire movie is built around. It had to sound neat and scary.

If you have been following the rumors/leaks and piecing things together, you know that any genetic hybrid will likely play a very small role in the plot this time around; most likely just in the final act of the film. We have a completely different deus ex machina in this movie.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 pm

What If a new hybrid comes and it's called D-Rex? Lol
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 1:26 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Maybe he did slip up. If he did I wouldn't worry too much. Keep in mind that the creation of the Indominus Rex, her escape, and her destruction are the central plot devices of Jurassic World. The Indomnus is literally what the entire movie is built around. It had to sound neat and scary.

If you have been following the rumors/leaks and piecing things together, you know that any genetic hybrid will likely play a very small role in the plot this time around; most likely just in the final act of the film.  We have a completely different deus ex machina in this movie.  

Yeah the volcano is the Deus ex machina as well as Lockwood's villainy I guess. The final act is heavily rumored to be on the mainland, but Im guessing more like a San Diego sequence like in the last 20 minutes.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 1:57 pm

All the rumors are confirming. I now have no doubts there's a hybrid in this movie. You'll see it confirmed in one year.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:19 pm

So there is another hybrid in the film in the form of a Raptor-sized Indominus Rex?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:56 pm

I think a Raptor sized Indominus makes the most sense, since they foreshadowed that creature concept at the end of JW just before Hoskins bites it. What I am curious about if such a hybrid does appear is how this will affect the role of the "normal" raptors in the sequel.

Frank Marshall slips up? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 6:11 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think a Raptor sized Indominus makes the most sense, since they foreshadowed that creature concept at the end of JW just before Hoskins bites it. What I am curious about if such a hybrid does appear is how this will affect the role of the "normal" raptors in the sequel.

Well so far Blue is the only raptor on the island, so I have a guess as to how they plan to introduce more raptors. Just a guess though as maybe Wu had some raptor dna when he left the island originally.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Well so far Blue is the only raptor on the island, so I have a guess as to how they plan to introduce more raptors. Just a guess though as maybe Wu had some raptor dna when he left the island originally.
I thought there was wild raptors? like in that one old jurassic world poster.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

That poster was confirmed to not being related to the film itself, I mean the film confirmed there were only 4 Raptors on Nublar, all the JP ones died in the 93 incident.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 am

I kinda like it. We all thought Indominus Rex was a stupid name at first so if this is the name of the new hybrid I think most fans will come to like it eventually.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I would say chances are 95% that Wu is making them.

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 9:29 am

dance2nite wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

That poster was confirmed to not being related to the film itself, I mean the film confirmed there were only 4 Raptors on Nublar, all the JP ones died in the 93 incident.

There were the ones born in the wild that Grant and the kids find the eggs shells from.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Fan art of the 'Indoraptor' based on all the leaks. Its passed off as fanwork, but very clearly based on the leaks:

https://twitter.com/Maxwell_BSK/status/881217941039173633

Wouldn't be surprised if this is how it ends up looking.

*major spoilers tag* Just in case.

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Fan art of the 'Indoraptor' based on all the leaks. Its passed off as fanwork, but very clearly based on the leaks:

https://twitter.com/Maxwell_BSK/status/881217941039173633

Wouldn't be surprised if this is how it ends up looking.

*major spoilers tag* Just in case.

Looks pretty close to me. Actually, the head reminds me of my own theory. That the mystery dino we've seen is in fact the hybrid:
Frank Marshall slips up? 18090817_10212971267455030_31043296_o-1024x442

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Nice find, Sickle_Claw. If this is indeed the name of the hybrid, I guess the good news is Frank can't really fire himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Marshall slips up?   Frank Marshall slips up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Marshall slips up?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next